Navient

Navient Employee Reviews

Fun Workplace
Great company to start your professional career. It has been fun 2 years. The most enjoyable part of the job is the team I work with, and the flexibility provided to my department employees.
Pros
Work life Balance, free lunches
Cons
Healthcare
The Job itself isnt horrible
Working in a call center is not for everybody. The job itself as well as Navient the company are both fair for the most part. As for their system, there are constantly dialer or system issues which makes it very difficult to get the job done.
Bonus Opportunity
Have to be teachable and patient. Also be skilled in conflict resolution. You deal with mostly angry customers. Attendance is another big part of the position.
Was just not a good fit anymore
Pay was decent had some great coworkers but everyone seemed to be a little depressed in my department. Management in my department hardly was around to help.
fast paced environment
tough environment. very competitive. you do not get bonuses all the time. pay is okay. you are on the phones all day. you must learn state and debt collecting laws. they do provide fun work activities. they do accommodate you with family issues and health issues!
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Family oriented atmosphere
A typical day at work was transcribing medical reports
I learned self- sufficiency, self-motivation, and headed important projects for the hospital.

Family orient workplace culture

Hardest part of the job was encountering patients who had passed away in their reports

Giving back to those in need of medical attention was the most rewarding par of my job
Pros
Free Health Fairs
Cons
Layoffs
Work Life At Navient
Well Navient has different departments throughout it's company. My position requires me to service federal student loans for the Department of Education. As we all know this can be stressful at times because no ones wants to fully acknowledge the amount of debt they have, especially student loan debt. So working in a call center environment can be overwhelming when you deal with some irate customers, but you also have those customers that are friendly and allow you to help them. The work environment isn't too bad, it's an open floor facility, so no cubicles but you're right next to someone and you can hear everything they say when they're on the phone. For the most part this isn't a bad job. They do allow you to advance rather quickly if you are determined to move up in the company and you qualify. The staff are inviting and helpful and they are flexible and understanding of your work hours and availability. This isn't a bad starter job if you're looking to make decent money.
Pros
Pay decent, benefits, cafeteria, gym, nice co-workers, involved in the community, security on site
Cons
Bonuses aren't guaranteed, sometimes unrealistic expectations for goals/stats, stressful at times, mix of irate borrowers
Fast Paced Call Center Enviornment
Navient is a fast paced environment that prides itself on statistics and employee production. Work / Life balance has always been an ongoing struggle for it's employees but they do make an effort to try and fix that. They offer large monthly incentives and a pretty decent Paid Time Off policy but the company goals of production can be aggressive and taxing on the overall work ethic of employees. Some of the metrics measured can be very arbitrary at times but the base level requirements can often easily be met. Policies change frequently and can lead to general confusion but the training programs are usually very informative.
nice cafateria
answering phones all day
not enough training to help with customer concerns and issues

management was nice

nice place but just not the right fit for me.

awesome cafateria
Overall very nice environment to work
I loved my job and enjoyed making bonus. I had to do call center work, so loved the fact of helping other people figure the best solution for their student loans. Also giving people more knowledge about their student loans. Letting them know there is help available
Great Direct Manager, awful management overall
My management trusted me to get work done and was not overbearing. He was very helpful and cared to help out. The call center we supported did not have the customer or staff's best interest in mind and made it difficult to feel positive about the work we were doing.
na
i do not want to take the time and write about my time at Navient. I would like to find something more fulfilling that what I currently do, you should provide a way to opt out.
I would recommend any entry level call center representative to apply.
Debt collections with opportunity of growth. It is in a office setting in the comfort of competitive bonuses and incentives. Provides internal and external customer service to customers.
Navient
Very good job, polite supervisors and easy money to be made some rude customers can get on the phone but you have to learn how to corporate with them and learn how to talk to to people
Very corporate America. Not employee friendly
Not very flexible. No room for advancement. Work load was more than one employee could handle. No salary increases. Decent benefit options. Decent paid time off.
I Loved My Job
I loved my job as well as my co workers. I had to move after some medical problems and was not able to continue with the company. I would go back in a heartbeat. Great atmosphere.
Pros
Gym
Cons
Communication at times
Terrible management, bad pay
If you do not work in collections you don’t matter. Heavy workloads with little time to get thinks done . Pay is really bad for the amount of work you do. Highest raise I’ve received has been 40 measly cent. In this company it is not what you know it’s who you know. If you are not related to anyone or friends with someone with a higher position in the company you will never be promoted or recognized. They love to sweep things under the rug. You never know when you will be fired, here you not actually fired for things like work performance and attendance they will fire you if you complain and if they don’t have a liking for you. Company is filled with old bitter gossiping women they all gossip about each other and management nearly does any work BEWARE!!!!!
Pros
Pto
Cons
Horrible management and money is sparse!
This is one of the worst places I have EVER worked! Management is NOT on the same page as each other. Everyone tells you to do something different. If you can find a job else where, I would HIGHLY recommend it! I have never worked in such a disrespectful, dirty and unorganized place! I hated it!!!!
Pros
Cons
The whole company sucked!
Decent employment
Plenty of overtime. Great co workers but management is lack luster at best. To them you're just a number. Extremely low rate per hour, you'll be lucky if you get a .20 cent raise usually its .10 across the board every year.
Join if your popular
Only the popular advance. If you are good at sucking up you will fit right in. The bonus incentive structure keeps going down pretty soon everyone will make 13 per hour and have no bonus at all.
Pros
Bonus depends on your work
Cons
If your not in the clique you dont advance
Only left cuz i moved
I loved my job, I only left cuz I moved across country. I got bonuses every month on top of a biweekly pay check. I would recommend this job to anyone.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Navient. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
2.9
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.1Personal Development
3.8Career Opportunities
3.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight