Navient Culture reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great place to work!!
Sr Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Horseheads, NYJune 20, 2018
Overall it’s a great place to work. Flexible scheduling, great atmosphere, great people.For those who are hard workers the bonuses are awesome and consistent.
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Fishers, INApril 10, 2018
Work is consistent, many different facets, interesting, can be stressful but usually not. Learning new operating systems was a part of the job which sometimes caused stress as changes usually do.
The culture is laid back, at least it was in the area where I worked. The hardest part of the job was the changes of pace. Some days it was slow to the point of boring, other days so fast it was almost impossible to keep track of everything. Overall I enjoyed being a part of the team.
Pros
Three day work weeks
Cons
Twelve hour days
Good Company
Sr. Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fishers, INApril 7, 2018
Navient is a good company to work. The work culture and environment is friendly. I was always encouraged to try new ideas and process improvements. I had a great time working for Navient.
Competitive wages and incentives
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAMarch 22, 2018
I enjoyed working at this company for a variety of reasons. The first reason is the support for work life balance. As an aspiring student this feature was very important to me. In addition, I also appreciated the work schedule flexibility that was afforded to me. My management team also ensured that my hard work and dedication was recognized by frequent bonuses. I would highly recommend this company as their workplace culture embodies some of my core values such as integrity, respect, and diversity.
Fun, competitive workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INMarch 14, 2018
Navient was a great place to work, the managers made the work environment smooth and had contests and prizes to push us to do better and making sure we hit our monthly goal.
While working at Navient I leaned a lot about student loans and programs to help individuals out when they were in financial bind.
The hardest part about my job was dealing with borrowers who were hostile before even giving me a chance to help them and let them know that there are options available to keep them from going delinquent.
The most enjoyable part of my job was hitting goal and getting bonus the beginning of each new month. Another enjoyable part of my job was participating in contests and winning nice prizes, as well as getting the option to "make your own schedule" when finishing in the top 20 percent of the department for the month.
Pros
benefits, bonus, prizes, pay
Cons
sometimes having a goal thats unrealistic
my particular position was great
Corporate Receptionist/Admin Support (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DE 19801March 9, 2018
Pretty good place to work in corporate office. HR very responsive and good work life balance for my particular position. Management was very flexible and responsive to things that were concerning to me and made changes so I could do my job more efficient.
Pros
Work life balance, discounts, workplace culture in corporate
Cons
job security is not a guarantee
fun workplace
Collector I (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEFebruary 24, 2018
a fun place to work with great bonus structure
I learned skip tracing and various other collection techniques.
The hardest part of my job is keeping others motivated to it team goal.
Pros
bonus
Cons
limited overtime
Leaned a lot on my own
Lead ... Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAJanuary 30, 2018
There were many opportunities for self leaning (on the job), when workload allowed. There were no professional level training courses available. I do not recommend working at the Wilkes-Barre site if you're not a "local." The culture there is terrible, as is for the entire Wilkes-Barre/Scranton area. It wasn't about what you knew, but who you knew.
I did thoroughly enjoy working with co-workers in Indy and DE.
I had many challenging opportunities that kept me busy and sharp. These challenges enabled me to develop innovative solutions that were valued by the "internal customers."
All in all I enjoyed working for Navient; up until being blindsided on Christmas by the corporate restructuring in which my position was "abolished" (their word, not mine).
Pros
Work from home, opportunities
Cons
Terrible high cost health insurance plans, non-inclusive culture
production driven
Customer Resolutions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fishers, INJanuary 29, 2018
At navient, you will have a base/ hourly pay. additionally, there is a bonus compensation dependent upon how you perform against your peers each month. The more money you satisfy, the higher your bonus will be. This makes the job very competitive!
Horrible place to work
Portfolio Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fishers, INJanuary 25, 2018
A typical day at work is highlighted by a cube farm under fluorescent lights with small minded middle management condescendingly imparting their lack of people skills and worthless knowledge on you. The culture is that of forced charity, corporate chuckles at bad/corny/distasteful jokes from upper management, and people avoiding eye contact in the halls.
Pros
gym in the building
Cons
awful people
Eh
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fishers, INJanuary 20, 2018
repetitive days, poor management and feedback and training is nothing comparedto when you get on an actual team, very strict and cut-throat on attendance but lenient in every other aspect for some reason. An obvious outrageous turnover rate
Workplace
Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJanuary 19, 2018
A great work culture . People are helpful and also a great place to learn things. They always give chance to expand your knowledge.
A great place to work
Pleasant Work Atmosphere
Solutions Navigator (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJanuary 18, 2018
I enjoyed my time working at Navient as I loved assisting student loan borrowers with their loans and providing solutions that allowed them to maintain good standing with the federal student loan requirements!

I thoroughly enjoy being able to come up with an agreeable solution for repayment of the student loan(s) that allowed the borrower to have a peace of mind!
Pros
Bonus Incenetives
Cons
The focus of competitiveness among the employees
great
Collector (Former Employee) –  Horseheads, NYJanuary 16, 2018
Able to work independently
Learn to be self motivated
Management pushes you to do your best
Workplace culture can be a fun environment when you do your hob well
good working environment
Intern Developer (Current Employee) –  Fishers, INDecember 5, 2017
The workplace culture is very good and I enjoyed my job here and I don't feel pressure most of the times. Everyone here are so friendly and there is a lot of scope for learning new things.
Productive and fun place to work
Servicing Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 14, 2017
Navient was a fun place to work and to obtain customer services skills. This is a great place for a college graduate to start their career. The most enjoyable part of the job was the incentive.
Pros
co worker
Cons
short breaks
Good place to work with a bonus incentive that makes your strive
Skip Tracer/Collector (Current Employee) –  Fishers, INNovember 9, 2017
Fast paced culture, must be able to multitask while dealing with sometimes very agitated customers. You must know what is the best option for customers and be able to convey to the customers why it's the best program for them. The things I don't care for is the drive
Pros
Benefits, co-workers
Cons
Difficult customers. The drive
2 years
N/A (Former Employee) –  Newark, DENovember 1, 2017
Friendly People. Management is lacking. It seemed like each department was for themselves and there was little effort to collaborate or share information with one and other.
Hard Jobs
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fishers, INOctober 25, 2017
The upper management is making some very corporate-america decisions. Meaning that the decisions they make show how little they care about people. Decisions are far too focused on the money, which causes them to lose out on more money over time.
Pros
Work
Cons
Poor Advancement, Poor Upper Management, Confining Culture
Great place to work with plenty of incentives
Collector 1 (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INOctober 16, 2017
I had wonderful managers and co-workers. The best part of working here was the bonuses and prizes. The worst part of working here had to be dealing with customers. As a collector, it can be hard to learn how to overcome objections. The teams are very supportive, though.
Pros
Incentives. Environment.
Cons
It can sometimes feel as if you are just a number to the top managers, because there are so many people working there. However, the middle level managers tend to make sure you're show appreciation.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Navient. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight