Navigant Consulting, Inc. Employee Reviews

I learned a lot working or Navigant
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJune 15, 2019
I would highly recommend this job to anyone. I learned a lot and the co-workers and supervisors were all helpful. I left so that I could get a better job close to my home.
Navigant Cymetrix is a solid company to work for.
Patient Account Rep (Former Employee) –  Vermillion, SDJune 12, 2019
I enjoyed my time with Naviagnt Cymetrix as the company within all it's different divisions has a strong employee focus on work/life balance and emphasizes good community relations.
Energetic workplace that provided assistance to patients processing payments
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 11, 2019
A typical day at Navigant consisted of Assisting patients with questions about their physician and hospital billing,processing payments and setting up payment plans for patients to cover outstanding medical balances.
Very nice place to work
Tax Director (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 28, 2019
Work and advancement at Navigant was great. People were nice. Only reason for leaving was change in upper management and their desire to pick new team memebers.
Beware and Run
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXMay 27, 2019
This is absolutely the worse company I ever worked at. Management is horrible, rude and micro manage their employees like they are in kindergarten. Someone seriously need the entire leadership to take course on how to be true leaders instead of bullies that no one respect!
Pros
No pros other than straight horrible
Cons
Nothing good to say other than run and dont look back.
disappointing
Coding Specialist (Former Employee) –  RemoteMay 26, 2019
immediate supervisor dishonest, and poor communication. Unable to identify problem areas and provide support across the board. Had others address issues that were her responsibility
Pros
working remote
Cons
poor management
Navigant is a bad place to work
Global Investigations and Compliance Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 20, 2019
I was an AML Consultant for Navigant. The group that I was in was managed very poorly. Very hierarchical structure that discouraged feedback or criticism. Employees do not feel safe to speak their mind without being accused of insubordination. People in management positions appear to lack basic people skills. Management fostered an environment that was filled with back stabbing. Employees are encouraged to advance themselves by putting down others.
engaging management
Global Investigation and Compliance Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 19, 2019
a very open and interactive environment.
peer to peer collaboration is robust.
a good environment to learn and develop new skills
a bit demanding and overwhelming.
Tight knit company culture
Data Quality Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 15, 2019
There is plenty of collaboration within the IT staff to complete project successfully. The atmosphere is definitely high stress but you feel a sense of accomplishment once a project completes.
Friends
Associate Director, Healthcare Revenue Management (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 22, 2019
Navigant is a place to make long lasting relationships. The culture lends to a friendly and fun environment. Some of my best times occurred on projects with NCI.
Excellent place to work
IT Specialist/TIER 2-3 SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJApril 17, 2019
Navigant is an excellent IT infrastructure to better increase my skills. Family based and cares about their work force. Leading technology to help internal,external clients perform properly.
Pros
Excellent work environment
Cons
Communication between departments
Production
Financial Services Consultant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 31, 2019
Worked on a project that was mostly production based and required you to have a particular level of output. Company had realistic expectations and pay was decent.
oppertunity
Project Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXMarch 28, 2019
Good company. They have great benefits and growth opportunities. If you move up expect a heavy work load. Work life balance is difficult to achieve at times.
Pros
promote within
Cons
work life balance is low
Great
Global Investigation & Compliance Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 26, 2019
Nice working environment and ambitious colleagues
The director motivates people and he can remember everyone' s name, address and sometimes joking with you
good opportunity
Director (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 25, 2019
good opportunity for college graduates
long hours expected
good training opportunities provided by the company
solid social culture within local offices
Excellent Environment
PATIENT ACCOUNT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Vermillion, SDMarch 23, 2019
I loved working here. I had a problem with my team lead at one point and the manager moved me to another team. There is one upper management person there that is less than pleasant but I loved the job and the events they held for employees
Pros
Fun work environment benefits
Cons
One manager
Senior Consultant
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 18, 2019
Excellent place to work. Very supportive staff and opportunities to learn new skills. Very good collaborative environment and lots of opportunity to make your mark.
Pros
Working with people who have a lot of experience
Cons
None - I have enjoyed working there
Flexible and family friendly
Business Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Vermillion, SDMarch 18, 2019
Flexible hours and ability to put family first and still have a career to earn a living. Great volunteer opportunities as well. As you advance in the company the ability to work from home as well. Many opportunities to advance your degree by taking any number of AAPC courses .
Stressful
Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 10, 2019
Very high-stress environment. Not a lot of work-life balance. Extremely difficult client makes the working environment tense. Amazing coworkers, but management is very out of touch.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
work-life balance
No job security- stay away-
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXFebruary 27, 2019
You shouldn't have to feel like you're going to get fired everyday. Last year they laid people off. Management is overloaded with work and gives work to other reps. You can't go to HR for anything because they will take the supervisor's side. Not to mention that some projects are very disorganized. One person tells you one thing and another one tells you something totally different. Starting pay is great but don't expect to ever get a great raise here. If you want to move to the insurance department you have to get an interview first and it's considered a lateral move to them. You would figure they would pay you more, but they don't. You get trained for the main system the company uses but once you get out on the floor it's a totally different story. Seems like they only care about the amount of money you collect. Hence, this is not a collection agency. They do no offer bonuses for collecting money. You're not allowed to eat on the floor because they found a rat once. You're not allowed to have your cell phone out on the floor as well. Yet, management is always doing both of these things. They get on to you about productivity if you don't meet their "expectations" yet, there's some days where you prob get 30 calls a day. They have leads as well to help out, most of them were helpful with the exception of a few that are very unprofessional and will make faces when you ask for assistance and are very rude about helping you with someone. Only here because this job helps with my bills, but other than that I have nothing good to say about this company. I'm currently looking for  more... a better job that offers job security and has a better work environment.  less

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Navigant Consulting, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Navigant Consulting, Inc..

Powered by Comparably