naviHealth

United States157 reviews

Clear
3.6Pay & Benefits

remoteclinicalpatientchangecasegrowthcorporatehealthcare

Used to be a great place to work

I have been with this company for 4 years. The benefits are great and pay is decent. No room for growth for most unless you are clinical (RN, PT, OT) or have a degree in IT. Management doesn't listen to concerns nor do they care. Its all about the numbers. Even if you're a great employee, dependable and help other colleague's when needed. They have a "growth and development" path but every time I have inquired I get ignored. You're just a number. You get a pat on the back. No growth. I feel stuck. Not what i expected when I was hired.

Benefits

Cons

Upper management sucks, they don't care

The possiby of working from home n high pay

Left after optum took over, benefits worsened, bonus and raises taken away, internet reimbursement taken away, job itself changed as well as company dynamic

Pros

Pay

Cons

Work load to high

naviHealth insights

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energizing work tasks

Patient Navigator

I would NOT recommend going into the Patient Navigation Solutions department unless you want to me extremely micromanaged, underpaid, and treated like a child. The turnover is constant almost daily, you get tossed around from a manger to y, no real guidelines on how to do you work, management is an absolute joke. The level of stress was worse than working in the COVID ICU. I would say 0/10 recommend. NaviHealth will soon merge with optum making it significantly more micromanaged.

Pros

Decent benefits, work from home

Cons

Micromanaging, stress, no reward, not flexible, no support from Managnent

Management does not listen to their employees

A great deal of micro managing. Management does not take into account the welfare of its employees. They recently switched salary employees to hourly for no identifiable reason, except to continue with their belief of micromanaging. They cut maternity and paternity leave. Do not work here.

Pros

Middle management is great and supportive.

Cons

Benefits, Lack of Communication from upper management

Just started

Clinical on boarding has been phenomenal. Nothing like I have ever seen. Going into our shadowing and preceptor weeks I’m noticing the employees talking a lot about productivity and less about company values etc.

Pros

Team oriented, compensation, benefits

Cons

Nothing yet

Can be stressful

Great, innovative company. Very fast paced work environment that can get very stressful. Work becomes very repetitive and you spend a lot of time staring at the computer screen.

Pros

Great benefits, work from home, good support system and encouragement.

Cons

Steep learning curve, lots of computer time that can get very stressful and you feel overworked. Not very flexible.

Supportive leadership, fast paced, the days go quickly

There is a lot of variety between the tasks at work. There is a great sense to collaboration between team members and leadership is very supportive. It’s important to enjoy detailed work and to be a very organized person.

Pros

Good pay, benefits, leadership

Cons

Can be stressful

It’s okay

So much work for little pay. It’s barely impossible to finish all her tasks with so many barriers. So many changing documents so many changing policies. It’s very hard to keep up

Benefits

Cons

Pay

Best job I’ve had so far. I get to work from home and there’s room for growth, also great benefits. Though the pay isn’t that great, especially since it’s a lot of work.

Pros

Remote, benefits, room for growth

Cons

Micro management, low pay

Stressful, deadlines, friendly management, opportunity for growth

In a nutshell, this is a great place to work. Benefits are second to none. Expectations are high. Job in itself is stressful. You work remote. Can put in some long days. They tell you not to however when deadlines must be met, you do not have an option otherwise work keeps piling up. Management staff is great. Easy to work with. Truly want their teams to succeed. Must be able to work independently and stay motivated must be organized and have great time management skills.

Work

Overall okay! Little chance for change within company. Hard to switch to different shift once hired. Otherwise good company. Great co-workers and training

Benefits

Cons

Schedule

Unrealistic expectations

Its all about productivity. Unrealistic caseloads and expectations. Poor work life balance. Need to work beyond 40 hours a week to meet productivity expectations.

Pros

Benefits, salary

Cons

Poor work life balance

Work place

Great company to work for but management was not the best. Remote position but the work load usually doesn’t meet compensation. Work was not difficult.

meaningful job with opportunity for advancement

I truly enjoy my job and it has been the change that I needed after 10 years of working in nearly every setting in roles involving traditional duties and direct patient care. There was definitely an adjustment period in the transition from patient care to utilization management/care management, but I have always strived to keep an open mind to every perspective and different lens in healthcare, because I do believe in the importance of collaboration among the entire health care team. I love having experience on multiple "sides" of healthcare as I do feel it strengthens my skills and understanding as a clinician, regardless of my current role and whatever the future may hold. Here, your work is valued and appreciated - you can feel that through the benefits offered, which far exceed those of any company I've ever worked with in my career. There is room to advance and move upward and/or laterally. It is challenging and requires a wide set of highly-developed skills to be effective: interpersonal, telephonic, verbal and written communication, time management, adaptability, technology.

Pros

Benefits, opportunities for advancement, work-life balance, flexibility

Cons

Census fluctuations can create heavier caseloads in absence of time management skills, partially or fully remote

Ok place to work

This is an okay place to work if you are in need of a job in healthcare. Depending on what department and the management, it may be difficult to find opportunities to move up. There are a lot of overtime opportunities, but without it, the base pay isn't that great.

Use to be a great place to work

I used to love my job but now dread it.Management is constantly changing, policies are constantly changing, I went from great job to you're not doing enough for productivity according to management. The growth at the company is not very open if you don't have a degree in IT, RN or business management The management that runs our department want productivity to be high even though they have no idea of the job we do and has admitted to that affect. Most people want to leave because of the new expectations and management. We take on more work than what we are ready for. Our computer system is always changing and upgrading, and not very dependable. It's just frustrating. All around frustrating. I wish it was like it used to be. Management is terrible. Only word to describe.

Benefits

Cons

Management, no growth, constant changes, always growing but not enough ppl and expectations are too high

Great company that grew too fast

Often have to work overtime without compensation to meet productivity standards. Management wants to be supportive but because they are new and hired from outside they don't understand the actual struggles of the position.

Pros

Team culture, benefits

Cons

Poor work life balance

Poor management

Loved working from home but hated working 70 hour week for 40 hr salary. Not enough staff and they expect a 24 hour turn around on cases. I work lots of nights and weekends during my off time.

Pros

Work at home

Cons

No life outside of work

It’s an okay company to work for if you like a company to change a policy all of a sudden and have no info about it

When I first started, everything was great. Once they started adding the health plans, it was horrible. There were not enough employees to cover the workload, so we (customer service) suffered. There was no help from some management team, just “We know it’s tough but hang in there”. It would have been okay if we were still getting the good benefits, but they were taken away and we were hit with more work today. I was told the description of my position but it slightly changed all of sudden. We had to work on holidays after the health plans started rolling in.

Pros

Health benefits

Cons

Condescending management, now working on holidays, constant change with no explanation as to why the reason for the change

This company no longer trusts me to do my job

Micro management has destroyed my team, we no longer feel trusted or liked. I am no longer allowed to transfer to other positions, locking me into this nightmare. Moving on!

Pros

great benefits

Cons

bloated upper management has no idea what the people doing the actual work do

High Stress; Productivity is important.

Great benefits and good pay. Pressure to meet high productivity numbers that change. Great coworkers. Equipment provided. Large training classes. Modern corporate offices.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Pressure to meet productivity numbers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at naviHealth. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.4Personal Development
4.1Career Opportunities
4.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight