NAVIS Employee Reviews

Marketing Internship
MARKETING INTERN (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORDecember 21, 2018
It was an honor to be apart of the NAVIS company culture for a summer. I worked with a fellow marketing intern and together we had several projects that further developed our marketing knowledge and helped us grow as business professionals. NAVIS provides a positive team atmosphere that pushed me everyday to perform the best that I could. The average day included strategizing on projects, developing materials, and working closely with marketing department individuals. I was never scared to ask questions and felt truly valued as an employee even at the intern level. Not only is the marketing department amazing but the whole company respects and values every member. If you're looking for an internship that will enhance your marketing and professional skills, you won't find a better opportunity than NAVIS. Located in Bend, Oregon you will feel valued and part of an amazing community.
Navis
Client Advocate (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORSeptember 10, 2018
Navis is a great company for a "jumping off" point for "Client Relationship" building. There is a ton of travel and you do get to experience some amazing hotels and resorts in some amazing places.
Best place to work for in travel industry
Reservationist (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORAugust 24, 2018
Good company the pay and the managers were great. Ihad no problems with training or working from home. You must be able to muti task and focus on the info you are providing the guest to insure correct and accurate info is given
Pros
Pay, comfort, management
Great Comany
Work From Home-Reservation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORMay 11, 2018
Navis has to be one of the best companies I ever worked for, they have many different clients and you have to make sure to tell the guest everything about what ever client they are calling for and I just kept missing little things however it effect the client so Navis would have to eat the cost of my error so they finally let me go but I loved the job, the management team was awesome and I wish I could of just been able to do it right. I would recommend Navis to anyone they are really a good company
Pros
Pay
Cons
Too many clients to book for
A great place to work!
Reservation Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORMay 2, 2018
Throughout my time at Navis I had the opportunity to not only work for my deparment, but also worked along side our QA department. Additionally worked as a part of the Culture Focus Group which set forth action plans year-over-year for company-wide improvement from an individual department level.
Pros
Commission, Monthly, Reasonable hourly wage
Cons
Prone to Layoffs at any time
Disappointment - Navis has revolving engineering management
SOFTWARE ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORApril 17, 2018
If you want a job in Bend, you can go to Navis but beware that it will get old fast. On average Engineering management lasts about 6 months then gets fired. Don't believe the Best Place to work malarkey either. Just investigate the SW engineering turn over. New products? Nope. Never happened during the years I was there, Spinning with the latest greatest tech but never selling anything new other than facades on old stuff at best or re-coding for whatever reason they can think of I guess. The CEO is a great guy, he keeps hiring the absolute worst people it seems.
Pros
You can live in Bend
Cons
Terrible management from the top down
I miss my part-time job
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 13, 2017
Great job. The opportunity to work from home in a call-center environment booking vacations. I enjoyed mingling with clients creating the most wonderful vacation ever. Due to the latest natural disasters (fires, hurricanes, floods, etc.), product was low and layoffs high. However, given the opportunity to work for them again, I will....
Pros
Fun, bonus, dreams
Cons
Product loss
Different domain from other industries
Senior Manager QA and Release Services (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CADecember 11, 2017
Excellent place to work given different domain,but growth opportunities are very limited.Culture is not great ,I would say hardest part of work is associated people culture .
Pros
Domain
Cons
No growth opportunities
n\a
Reservation Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 27, 2017
At this time I prefer not to give my review. I loved working with Navis but due to downsizing I was let go from the job right before Hurricane Irma hit.
Great job...
RESERVATION SPECIALIST "Worked from Home" (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 23, 2017
Navis is really a great company but just be prepared if you apply there be ready to really take the time to learn the 100 plus clients and really learn them it is not the easiest job but if you enjoy making reservations then this is the job for you. You stay very steady for the most part and you must have a quiet place to work other wise you would make too many mistakes, The hardest part of my job was finding all the information needed to make the reservations without making mistake, every client is different and every clients terms are different and some of the clients are very hard to understand what it is they want you to do, also way to many booking engines they should find one or two but they have like 7 so on top of learning all the different clients you also have to learn the booking engines it can be very overwhelming
Pros
Commission
Cons
Terms are very hard to understand on some of the clients
great peopel, great company
Reservations Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 21, 2017
I enjoyed my time with Navis, I learned a lot about the travel industry, and sales. the culture was friendly, and money driven, but at no cost to quality. Quality performance and service was always a must, with no deviations tolerated. It was tough, but with open communication with my supervisors, and collages it became easier as time went a long. Overall if you are sales driven, with a commitment to excellence, and want to work as part of a leisure but professional culture then Navis is great company to work for
Pros
Great culture, proffesional, great opprotuity to make maoney
Cons
demanding
Okay but not great
Contractor then Chief Quality Officer (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAApril 13, 2017
Great market and customers but did not have proper customer care toward long term, Key investments needed to be made that were ignored and too many broken promises to customers
Great Place to work
Luxury Resort Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORApril 13, 2017
Was a great place to work. Got to learn about a lot of different locations around the US. You get to talk to a lot of interesting people and help them make decisions about their vacation. You get to work from home. Great staff and management is always there to help.
Interesting Place to work
Director Marketing Communciations (Former Employee) –  Oakland,CADecember 8, 2016
The work was exciting and interesting. The customers were great and industry is very complex. I enjoyed working with most of the people there - very smart.
Pros
Great industry
Cons
Very little executive support
Navis
Reservation Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Bend, OR 97702October 13, 2016
Navis has been an excellent company to work for. A typical day for me is an 8 hour shift working from home and taking resort reservations for a variety of clients
The challenging part of the job for me is the evening hours that I'm working and the isolation of being in the home.
This has been a wonderful learning opportunity for me, but I'm looking for a change.
Pros
Working from home.
Cons
Working from home
Productive and fun place to learn and work
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bend, ORAugust 18, 2016
Best company so far to work for, awesome people and talent. A place like no other where you grow and become an experience multitasker.
Pros
Awesome people
Cons
Health for family is way to expensive (not affordable at all)
Great potential
Employee (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORMay 10, 2016
NAVIS has a lot of positives going on, but is going through growth pains which makes it difficult to get new products out to stay competitive in the marketplace.
Great Team/Family Atmosphere Overall
Call Director (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORMarch 14, 2016
Navis has been a great company to work for. They have high ethical standards, held to by top management and most staff, though like all companies there are some in middle management whose practices don't reflect those ethical standards.

My work day consisted of taking inbound calls from people booking reservations or inquiring about details of the properties for which we handled reservations and directing the call to the appropriate agent, the main office for the property, or taking information for a lead to be sent to the property. The fun part of the job was relating to and forming connections with the callers, and the fun and friendly interactions with my co-workers, all of whom are encouraging and supportive.

The hardest part of the job was giving priority to the contracted service for the client/property, rather than the customer service to the actual callers. I learned the practical side of realizing our primary customers were the properties we serve, while the callers were our secondary callers.

Overall, I have a deep love for the company because of their ethical standards, and couldn't have been prouder to work for them if I had founded the company myself.
Pros
Hi ethical standards, great team atmosphere, excellent profit sharing program, work from home..
Cons
No healthcare for part time employees.
Fun but deceving
Reservations Sales, Associate (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORDecember 20, 2015
I learned a lot working for Navis. Working from home was awesome. Helping guest with reservations was very fun. Management was great. Hours are not bad. They will keep your bonuses/ commission. They do not train you well or give you the resources needed to do a good job which makes it difficult to do your job effectively. You are not given very much room for error especially when you are measured inconsistently and are not given much support.
Pros
work from home, flexibility, fun
Cons
lack of training, resources, lack of stability, lack of intergrity
Night Auditor
Regional Reservations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bend, ORNovember 3, 2015
I have developed excellent skills in business administration and the hospitality industry. I have a broad knowledge of supervisory and leadership skills as well as an understanding of the complexities of managing a front desk

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NAVIS. Our community is ready to answer.