Navos Employee Reviews

Employees not valued.
Mental health specialist (Former Employee) –  West SeattleAugust 28, 2019
I was informed by former employer about Navos after Navos called for recommendation saying this, "You be careful over there. They didn't ask me enough questions and didn't ask the right questions."
Navos is a horrible place to work. They do not value their employees because they see them as replaceable as they can always hire someone out of school for cheap.
Lacking in more ways than 1
Child and Family Therapist (Former Employee) –  Lake BurienAugust 18, 2019
This place is an absolute circus show. Everything that could go wrong, does. Save yourself the trouble and work ANYWHERE else but here. They need a wake-up call with their racist selves.
Run
No Opinion (Current Employee) –  Burien, WAAugust 15, 2019
Navos is not for the faint hearted. Employee morale is extremely low: some of the staff needs to utilize their services. Working at Navos is like being back in high school again, but with more drama from extremely immature adults; if you like constant backstabbing and gossip, this is the place for you! HR and management are useless, some support staff are amazing for others aren't worth the deal space and take up.
Pros
I'm at a loss
Cons
Anything and everything
My department was great but the agency wasn't
Employment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Burien, WAJuly 25, 2019
The only thing really going for navos is the workforce culture. I feel very close to my work family and they taught me to be the professional I am today. But the agency as a whole is very flawed. This is an ok starter place. It gives lots of opportunity to make your own path because the managers and supervisors will not have too much time. If you belong to any minority group I would not recommend working here.
Horrible company that needs to be shut down!!!
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Burien, WAJune 7, 2019
Everyone may seem nice but no! They hire anyone and don’t get the proper training to be successful. If this was such a good company, they wouldn’t have lost as many staff as they have within the last 5 months. Staff quit because of poor and horrible management, being undermined. The manger picks and chooses which problems she wants to address. If you’re a person of color I’d say this is not the job for you. Not even the higher ups follow protocol but expect staff to follow protocols. You can get written up for almost anything. They don’t make sure staff are supported throughout the day shift when we’re shorted staffed leaving us to have a stressful day. Some days you might not leave on time. Oh and another thing, you can date each other and not get in trouble. Talk about unprofessional. Some staff ignore other staff and don’t communicate effectively but yet get praised for being professional and get promotions. There’s cliques in the work force and not everyone gets along because people here hold grudges. They beat around the brush when it comes to shift requests and you never get it. Long story short, if you’re just looking for money to make ends meet then hey give it a shot, but if you’re someone who believes in being treated like a decent human for all the hard work you do and put up with on a daily basis then this isn’t the job for you because I will tell you this much, you will quit quicker than you applied.
Pros
Ok pay
Cons
30 min break out of a 10 hour shift, might not take your break on time or at all. Poor management times 10! Your voice isn’t heard, over worked.
A conducive place to work and develop your carrier
Mental Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  West Seattle, WAJune 1, 2019
Its an amazing place to work and develop. It provide flexible and conducive working environment coupled with amazing nursing administrators. I will always work for Navos if there is an opening for a position which i'm qualified.
Friendly, conscientious,caring
Peer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  SeattleMay 16, 2019
Good place to get well. Good place to stay well. Good place to work. An asset to the community and to the people they serve. A fair employer and a growing force in the community
Pros
Holidays
It’s all right
Child and Family Therapist (Current Employee) –  Burien, WAMay 4, 2019
I really enjoyed working at the company due to our department and supervisors always putting our self-care needs first. The environment was positive and motivating the first year I worked there and I worked with a wonderful team of clinicians. Most recently another company has bought Navos and changed that atmosphere entirely. Though I still enjoy working with my clients and the autonomy at my job, the recent changes have started to affect the culture drastically.
Pros
Autonomy, flexible schedule options, good coworkers
Cons
Changes in upper management
Sometimes overwhelming place to work.
Vocational Specialist/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 3, 2019
On a typical day I would deliver medications all over SE King County, run a vocational workshop for those interested in work or education, after hours outreach for those in crisis, team meetings, 1:1 meetings to perform assessments and whatever else came up. The management was lax as long as you stayed on top of your case load and got all of your work done. The hardest part of this job was the lack of motivation by some people on the team so a lot of extra responsibilities found their way to my desk on a weekly basis. The most enjoyable part of this position was when a mentally ill adult believed in themselves and followed through on the plan I created so they could work, train or go to college like they had planned.
Excellent place of work
Patient Placement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 29, 2018
Navos staff and supervisors where supportive. I always felt valued as an employee. The schedule was flexible and based mostly on workload. I highly recommend Navos to future candidates.
Very unprofessional environment and lack of communication
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Burien, WAOctober 25, 2018
No communication from management. Treat mentally and unstable drug addiction clients better than staff because they are funded by the state. Do not accept commercial insurance. I do not recommend this organization to no one. Low compensation and non-union. High turnover.
Pros
Cons
lack of leadership
Good entry level company
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 20, 2018
While Navos as a whole is Mental Health Facility, I was hired as an HR Assistant with no prior HR experience. This gave me the opportunity to learn more about HR and gain enough experience to be hired as an HRIS/Benefits Specialist at Snoqualmie Casino when my position was eliminated.
Pros
On the bus line
Cons
Limited menu, pay out of own pocket, Merit increases were minimal
Nice culture
Refuse to say (Current Employee) –  West Seattle, WAAugust 13, 2018
Navos us a good place to work in specific departments. They've been making efforts to improve the culture more. They've increased pay for many employees to meet standards.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
No room for advancement
Challenging
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Burien, WAJuly 17, 2018
This company is very challenging to work for, not because of the population that it serves but because of the management and the employees.There is a significant lack of communication and a relaxed approach to patient care.
Opportunity to do rewarding work in a place that's making a difference in the community
Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 23, 2018
Mission Focused
Great benefits
Commitment to equity and inclusion
Visionary CEO
Work with great people who want to make a difference for others
Opportunities for growth
Excellent values and goals
Management always wants to make improvements to create a great place to work
Pros
good benefits, free parking, market comparable salaries, work life balance
Cons
impact of national workforce shortage
Poor Management Makes It Difficult
Mental Health Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA 98126May 6, 2018
Navos has great floor staff overall. They work hard and in conditions that are not easy. Many show great kindness and respect for the patients there.

There are way too many assaults on staff. The management are not good. They do not care about their employees or show any loyalty to match their great expectations of the nurses and staff on the floor.

I would avoid working here if other options are available.
Pros
Personal Days
Cons
Poor management, poor health care plan
The worst place to work and all the clients are to them is money.
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Wellness CenterApril 5, 2018
Worst management Ive ever experienced. If they got rid of some of the awful leadership it might be a better, healthier place to work. The worst pay too. This place really should be shut down. They dont care about the clients and the staff work like dogs and its never enough. Horrible.
Pros
The clients, some nice coworkers, clinical experience
Cons
Management is a joke, the pay is the worst
You as an employee mean NOTHING
Hospital Staff (Former Employee) –  West Seattle, WAFebruary 14, 2018
Don't do it. If you value professional development, a healthy work environment, job stability, rational discourse...just say no to Navos where they have demonstrated over and over and over again that you, as an employee, are EXTREMELY expendable.

Liability seems to reign as king there (to put a charitable spin on it -- I'll let you take a look at some of the other reviews to glean what's probably a more "tell it like it is" view). And this means that the SLIGHTEST suggestion of you having done something wrong (to be clear, this includes unsubstantiated rumors) can and HAS resulted over and over again in some very solid employees being steamrolled by HR and management, absent any sort of recourse. It's incredibly disturbing.

As most people know, the state of our mental health system in Washington is not "super stellar" right now. Navos: Mental Health "Solutions", with it's "Russian Roulette" approach toward it's employees is anything but. It's very much part of the problem instead.
Pros
Pay and benefits - Admittedly, they're hard to beat
Cons
Pretty much EVERYTHING else
left to relocate
Administrative Coordinator/Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 24, 2018
When I first started job was fun. Good director of department that understood work/life balance. He has now left and a larger healthcare organization has taken over.
Would be good if management knew what they were doing
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  W SeattleDecember 9, 2017
People are in leadership positions, but have no knowledge on how to lead. Management not supportive of employees.
Management shows lack of concern.
All the money goes for people at the top with fancy titles and no knowledge. SAD
Pros
A paycheck
Cons
Lack of organization/disfunctional management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Navos. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9