Navy Exchange
63Average

Navy Exchange Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA26 reviews
Love Working with my coworkers they are a lot of fun to work with and very friendly
Would hate to leave the navy exchange but I only have to because I need a full time job that pays a little more but all the people that I work around are very lovely and beautiful people who are also very hard workers and dedicated to their jobs ....!
Productive management
Progressive management
Friendly environment

Support each either effort

Great place for work

Enjoy working with duties

Great team players

Great solution
Pros
loading floor, salary rate is low
Cons
short breaks
Lovely envirnment to work in
I really enjoyed serving the military. I like work during the christmas holiday. I enjoy meeting new people. I learn alot about the miltary and ther Navy Excahnge.
Pros
40 hours a week
Cons
I had to leave
Loved working there!
I loved working at The Navy Exchange! the experience was wonderful to me, the pay was great and i loved the staff, they were like family to me. The customers grew to know me and would ask me how school is, how's my day and make conversation with me. HEARING their stories touched my heart knowing that they go through so much to protect our country.
Pros
discounts well knowledge
Cons
short break not enough hours
I worked in the jewelry department when my husband was stationed in Japan. it was a good place to work and earn extra money while he served his country. I gained valuable knowledge and experience from this job.
Pros
Great Location
Cons
no real cons that I can think of
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Fun to work & flexible schedule for everyone !
Overall working in Nex is good. Managers are flexible with schedule and days off ! They concern people health & feeling when we approach to them . The place is not too big nor too small ! Good work environment !
managment
I have been at this company for 10 plus years. The hardest part of the job would be there is not enough hours to get everything done. Have good relationship with co-worker were able to get the work out in a timely manner.
Pros
pay sale
Cons
Saturday having to work
Fun place
Hard job. But I had a great experiences and fun at this job. Nice people. Good team work. I also got more skilled in my English language. I worked with military people and I had fun.
Pros
Learning customer service
Cons
Hard to take vacation
horrible management
Poor management
lack of team work

no recognition for achievements

Feeling that your contribution doesn’t really matter

hours being cut

lack of training, you learn things on your own

wouldn't recommend anyone to work here
I love my patients...
I've worked here for many years and upper management is the worst I've ever come across in my life. They value firing people more than keeping good employees. It's a revolving door of new hires. The company itself is fine but this particular location used to be a great place to work. I enjoyed working here in the beginning. I still love my patients and will miss them
fun productive place with a management system that has fallen
It is a good place to work for overall, the co-workers are fun and lively. the hardest part is inventory where we get sent to different locations of the store without knowledge of working there. The good thing is that all the employees are fun and nice to work with. the management system was good during and before 2015, once 2016 came we got a new management system and most people have quieted due to the lack of communications and trust.
Pros
food court in store, lively plave
Cons
not many benefits and new bad managment
Productive and Fun working with different people
Typical day at work I usually create a happy and positive vibes around me. I just do my thing and finish what ever task is assigned for me.
I learned interacting with different people with different needs in different situations and I am happy to provide the help and services that a costumer needs.

The management helps me enhanced my knowledge regarding retailing and services we provide. And I'm looking forward to learn more and learn everything if possible.

Working with co-workers is one of the basic things to make job a lot more easier by having teamwork and a positive outcome in the work place.

The hardest part of my job is lifting boxes and making sure that everything is available at the costumers convenience.

And the most enjoyable part of my job is being able to help and interact with costumers and being friends with them and I get to meet a lot of people.
Productive and fun place to work.
Navy Exchange is a great company to work for. They have great benefits and training for advancement. I like how they value diversity and very family oriented environment.
Pros
A lot of training for advancement. Good benefits.
Cons
Short breaks.
Great place to work if you want to see the world
Over 300 locations worldwide; majority of profits are returned to the military for their Morale, Welfare and Recreation division.
Pros
tax-free shopping benefits, secure work environment, chance for advancement
Cons
commute to high traffic area
Wonderful Benefits
Lovely, wonderful customers. Busy environment. Wonderful Benefits.
I have been with the company for 3 years, on the medical Bethesda center. Wonderful Co workers.
Great Coworkers
It was a great place to work at but there was a lot of favorites between workers and managers.
Pros
Great Customers, Great Pay
Cons
Poor Management
interesting working on a military base
great staff and Dr. during the base reassignment it was a little hectic but enjoyable
Great company
Great company to work for.When help was needed not hard to find everyone one willing to help.
Pros
Management team very eager to teach
Cons
Team work was very important
Sales Associate
Sales Associate
• Greet customers and ascertain customer needs.

• Answer questions regarding the store and its merchandise.

• Recommend, select, and locate merchandise based on customer needs and desires.

• Place special orders or contact other stores to find desired items.

• Describe merchandise and explain use, operation, and care of merchandise to customers.

• Compute sales prices, total purchases, receive, and process cash or credit payment.

• Prepare sales slips or sales contracts.

• Prepare and perform inventory

• Maintain knowledge of current sales and promotions, policies regarding payment and exchanges, and security practices.

• Maintain records related to sales.

Tools used in this occupation

• Barcode scanners

• Computerized cash registers

• Telecheck processing terminals
productive and fun workplace
working in this company is fun workplace. my co-workers are so wonderful and helpful
great Job
busy all the time, meet new people, leraned new things all the time, great hrs,
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Navy Exchange. Our community is ready to answer.
Navy Exchange Reviews by Location