Navy Exchange Employee Reviews

Found 957 reviews matching the search See all 1,013 reviews
Stable Job
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  TexasDecember 11, 2018
Spent a long time with this company, works with school schedule. good retail job better than working outside retail. meet a lot of good coworker and customers.
REGIONAL VENDING CLERK (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 8, 2018
The position as a Regional Vending Clerk was a great job. I had the ability to learn on the job new assignments. The Director and Regional Director worked well together.
Worst place to work
Sales Clerk and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sigonella, Sicily, ItalyDecember 3, 2018
I can not attest to how working with this company in the states, but for working in Sigonella, it was possibly the single worst experience I have ever had with a company. The company does not care about its employee unless that are of local decent. Any family member of a military member was put through " the ringer" in the fact that you are worked at full time hours, while working for flex hour benifits and pay. Though stated in the handbook that you may have to work for a year before being offered full time, it isn't required. However, here they will work american employees at full time hours, and then refuse to give full time benefits after the year. However, they will hire local employees at full time without going through the full year wait time.
Pros
Customers are nice
Cons
Everything else.
Great for shopping privileges.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VADecember 1, 2018
Great job for extra money; however, there is little to no room for advancement here and the hours can get pretty draining. Expect to work long hours during the holidays and inventory days.
Navy exchange
Retail Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VANovember 27, 2018
Navy Exchange was an ok place to work at management was really bad,No set schedule ,Wanted you to do it all but not paid for it, they treated you like an nobody
Great Job to College Students
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Rita, GUNovember 27, 2018
I worked as one of the cashiers in one of their locations. I absolutely loved the environment and the customers. Management was always working in the store and not in the office. Employees were not afraid to help one another and the atmosphere was easy going.
Great environment
Custodial Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 27, 2018
Id go back if i was allowed. One of my favorite occupations this far besides the Marine Corps. Very safe environment and the pay was great with room for advancements and bonuses
Simple work but not enough for the pay
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VANovember 19, 2018
Like most retail jobs it has it's pros & cons. It's a pretty simple job, mainly serve military customers, stock, make sure everything has correct labels, etc. The pros are that you do end up making friends here, the benefits are pretty good too & it's a pretty solid job (if you don't slack off). Cons? Well, where can I start....Major lack of communication, Schedule changes without saying anything, Hour cutbacks,The pay starting off is garbage as well as the increase. I've been there for 9 years & I went from $7.25 to only $9.88.
Pros
Friendly coworkers, Benefits, Job Stability
Cons
Major lack of communications, Schedule changes w/out notice, Hour cutbacks & horrible start pay along with horrible raises.
The management was horrible
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Bangor, WANovember 16, 2018
The management didn't seem to care about their employees. They seemed like all they cared about was making money. They didn't seem to care about our safety especially when two of the cafeterias flooded and one of them had rats.
Pros
The customers were always respectful and pleasant
Cons
the management
Faced paced in the morning
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mayport Naval Station, FLNovember 10, 2018
I worked at fleet store on naval base. It was very fast paced work place early in the morning. Benefit is very good. They offered Health, vision, dental and 401K as well for all part/full time employee.
Pros
good benefit
Cons
boring
Excellent
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA 23460November 9, 2018
I loved working for navy exchange the hours were great the people were great very friendly and understanding had great deals on clothes and different scratch offs
Pros
Excellent company to work for
Seasonal part time employee
Front Line Cashier (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 8, 2018
I was hired as a seasonal employee at NEX North Island Navy Exchange.
I work part time as a front line cashier on different days of the week (7 days) working different hours of the day, 19 hours per week total. My employer was very understanding about my student loan discharge obligations and why I need to work only part time. Also, I graduated from San Diego State University in May 2018, and have been accepted into Arizona State University for the fall 2019 semester. Furthermore, I feel it's an honor to serve our military in any way I can, and I appreciate the opportunity I have been given to serve the Navy and their family members in our area. My co-workers are nice to me and I feel respected as a co-worker and have the support of my store managers.
Pros
shopping in the store, gas privileges.
Cons
Long commute, standing on my feet for the entire shift.
CASH ATTENDANT- CASH OFFICE (Former Employee) –  Goose Creek, SCNovember 6, 2018
Working in the cash office is a large responsibility. The NEX is a decent place to work if you need a part-time job while in school or raising a family. Unless you are in management the NEX doesn't pay enough to raise a family on. I believe that most jobs at the NEX are there just to serve the armed forces and keep oneself busy.
Pros
flexible time
Cons
low pay
typical day
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VANovember 5, 2018
Management was very hard to please. The hardest part of the job was to live through their expectations. The enjoyable part was getting out of there in a timely manner.
day at work
Customer Service Retail (Former Employee) –  Port Hueneme, CANovember 5, 2018
•Most days I get into the office early to make sure everything is ready for our first patients. That includes walking the doctor through his schedule and looking through the office scheduling system to check for any changes. I do a similar task at the end of the day, responding to any messages in our scheduling system and walking the doctor through the plan for the next day.
Friendly & open environment that felt like family
Hardlines Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Belle Chasse, LANovember 5, 2018
At the Belle Chasse location, had a small town feel but a larger store business. Both employees & customers felt like family. Always had events both for simply the associates but also customers. Fellow associates helped everyone out when possible.
Fun and productive work place, team work, communication
LOSS PREVENTION/SAFETY INVESTIGATOR (Current Employee) –  Pearl Harbor, HINovember 5, 2018
the job was a good place to work at as a stepping stone to what you really want to do, career wise, the job offers great oppertunity for advancement inside and out side of the company.
It was good for a first job
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  756 mini martNovember 2, 2018
I'm glad it was my first job, but now I want something that progresses me into the future. The hours are not very good for a part timer, but I love the environment.
poor management
Receiving Put away, Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Suffolk, VANovember 1, 2018
Work there is easy but physically demanding. Culture really could be better and hopefully it will change. Environment can be deadly during the summer.
I Loved Working For The Navy Exchange
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pearl Harbor, HINovember 1, 2018
I Had The Best Managers And Supervisors At The Navy Exchange. My Coworkers Was The Best Employees. The Location Was Very Wonderful. I Didn't want To Leave The Navy Exchange.
Pros
I Loved Working There