Navy Federal Credit Union

navyfederalmembercreditbranchmortgageunionbenefit

Great Place to work!

Featured review

Navy Federal Credit Union selected this as a representative review
I would highly recommend Navy Federal. Everybody is so helpful and feels pride in serving men and women in uniform. Company mission is members and success of employees. Management is very transparent and  appreciative of folks. Learning about company legacy systems and work on transformation is the best part of working here. Lot more changes are coming this year which will drive a lot of initiative in digital and contact center space next year especially toward best customer service for members.

Pros

Employee benefits best in industry 401k match, competitive salary, Work life and balance.

Cons

Lack of Innovation

Truly Care About Military Members

NFCU cares about their members, as well as their employees. No place is perfect, but NFCU welcomes feedback and attempts to do their very best to meet in the middle.

Navy Federal Credit Union insights

Based on 1,007 survey responses
What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Overall satisfaction

Company that is always on the up and up

I have worked at Navy Federal almost 10 years and in a variety of roles so I've seen a lot! Call center can be good for pay since there is always a lot of overtime so you have the potential to make good money. Trade off is working on the phone. Branches are good for face to face interaction with customers, but you are expected to know so much. I will say that there is support for times when you need help so that's a plus. Met a lot of good people working here who have become friends.

Pros

They care about work/life balance

Cons

can't really say much about cons

Corporate Clique

If you decide to work for this cult I mean company, do so as a direct hire and not a contractor. As a contractor you are expendable and treated as such. The training that'sreceived is inadequate and when you express that to management, they tell you to take "initiative". Instead of official training materials, they stick you with someone on your team to shadow. So if that person doesn't come to work or feels threatened by you and doesn't allow you to shadow, you're just sitting around with nothing to do. If you don't brown nose or send silly gifs all day in the teamchat, you will not be liked. If you are someone who keeps to themselves and likes to focus on your work, you will not be liked. There's a lot of nice nastiness and cattinessthat goes on while management shoves "teamwork" down your throat every 3 seconds. With the exception of maybe a handful of people, everyone is out for themselves and will do whatever to get to the top. Coworkers will re do your work and claim it as their own and management will only see that person being a "go getter". The pay is decent but as a MSA you're expected to do other people's work when they're absent in addition to your daily workload. Other areas within NFCU might betolerable but stay away from Real Estate Lending, specifically the Hampton Roads Team.

No work life balance

Been in member services over a year and still awaiting for a possible chance of advancement to a II . Work life is no balance at all if your trying to have a life to many fluctuations in schedule no consistency

Fast paced

Faced paced environment if you can make your numbers you’ll do great. If things happens and you do not then do not expect to get raises. Pay is below average for the work that is expected of you

Productive daily schedule

Most supervisors care about your physical and mental well-being. Loved being able to talk with new people all day long; but being stuck at a desk takes an emotional toll after a while.

Pros

Pay, benefits, wellness center

Cons

back to back call volume

Navy Federal can be a great company….

Navy Federal could be a great company to work for, but not anywhere in the Texas Central region. Fully in part to do with the regional manager and several of the branch managers.

Stressful and draining

Where do I start,I was very excited about getting the job with Navy Federal. After training everything was good for the most part, then came micro-maniging, the inconsistent schedules,the work life balance. I was told after 6 months I can put in for shift change and nothing changed as a matter of fact I was scheduled to work later. I never suffered from anxiety and depression before working here.I had to think about my mental health and focus on what matters the most. I basically feel like things could be better with this company.The calls aren't the worst part, to me it's management and how they support their team members.

Great benefits and vision

Navy Federal is a wonderful company to work for when it comes to the vision and benefits, however good leadership is hard to find. Also, if you are looking to move up or laterally, there are not many opportunities at branch level. You have to go to Virginia, Florida or California to do that.

Productive and always learn something new daily

NFCU is the best company I've ever worked for. They are high on integrity, pays very well, the best benefits, always room for growth and Bonuses every year.

Pros

Good Pay and bonus

Cons

Honestly I can't think of any.

Room to grow and stand out

So much room to advance and it’s a great team work type of environment! You feel proud to work for this company. The company gives us the power to do whatever it takes to help our members . It feels great to work for a company that is so compassionate and caring.

Good company terrible job

Not worth the money for the stress. Try to get out of account services and you might like it better. Depending on what hours you work requested time off is hard to get without a managers approval

Good place

I thought it was a fine place to work. Good pay and benefits.A lot of turnover which is normal with this typeOf job. Interview process is quick.Would definitely do it again

Work was ok, not ok if you're a full-time student

I worked there for a months. I made a few mistakes in my time there. The main manager always made me felt insecure about my time there, even though I was under stress from college and family losses at the time.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

lack of help in training, very stressful, and uncaring manager

Productive and fun

NFCU is a caring company that offer the best of the best benefits! Excellent pay! Everyone helps everyone! Typical day is pulling your pipeline and mapping out what needs to be done 1st. Answering email and phone messages.

Stressful

Constant changes, little regard for MSR's that have to talk members. No time given to read emails, changes are constant. No consistent schedule. Small COL raise but not worth the stress.

Fun and Stable Company

Navy Federal is a great company. Wonderful benefits and welcoming people. The interview is based on STAR method. Research it before interviewing. Onboarding lacks some structure, but overall it it a great experience.

My wonderful life with Navy Federal

When applying with Navy Federal be sure to mention any business programs computer systems Etc that you've experience with. Also any customer service Public Relation work that you have experience with. Best company I've ever worked for in my life and only retired from because of medical issues. I miss the job sincerely.

Pros

Management encourages promotions, allows time to shadow to see if it would be a good fit for you, many available eating and leisure activities on campus, great pay, benefits and gre a t insurance

Cons

Non smoking property

Contract

NFCU direct hire is great. Don’t do contract because they do not care about your growth or advancement . Best part was training because the coaches rock!

Low pay for type and amount of work required

You are micromanaged to the second. Good luck getting promoted if you have children. All the job posts for advancement are for mid and night shift. Only men or young women who can work those hours can get promoted. Pay raise one year was $.15.

Common questions about Navy Federal Credit Union

Answered by current and former employees at Navy Federal Credit Union

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Navy Federal Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Navy Federal Credit Union.
Powered byComparably