Navy Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Stressful, but fair
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAJune 10, 2018
Navy Federal Credit Union is by far the best company I have ever had the privilege of working for, and would recommend them to anyone who is qualified. The work is stressful, but the pay and benefits are phenomenal. The environment is dependent on where you are working. While working in the call center the atmosphere was a bit more welcoming than in the branch. I have nothing but love for this incredible company, and they are the only financial institution in which I trust with my finances.
Job security and great pay
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 9, 2018
Navy Federal has never had a lay off. This really resonates with me especially since the last recession is still fresh on my mind. Aside from that, there are many opportunities for promotion and the pay is the best in Pensacola, Fl for a financial institution.

To top it all off, the company hosts a lot of events on campus. The cafeteria serves a lot of different food and the gym is available for use 24/7.
Pros
Flexible Schedule, Tuition Re-imbursement, Gym, Cafeteria, Clinic
Cons
Parking, Traffic
Awesome Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work for
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 8, 2018
Wonderful company that truly care about their employees!!! The pay and benefits are great, work schedules are good with no Sundays and short Saturdays.
Pros
Healthcare benefits, 401K matching, Compensation
Navy Federal treats their employees fairly
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJune 8, 2018
Navy Federal was a great place to work. They compensate their employees very well for the Las Vegas area. I would recommend them highly. The benefits were outstanding with health insurance, dental, vision, 401K and retirement from the company.
Pros
training is great
Cons
nothing
Great place to be
MSR/Teller (Former Employee) –  Millington, TNJune 5, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Navy Federal. If you love banking, this is the job for you. The only issue was trying to get some vacation time off, but other then that, its great.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
n/a
Alot fun work shops
Scrum Master (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJune 4, 2018
We had good time with each each other and work in with great and incredible teams of 15 people was so great. Especially during the darling standup.
Large company
Account Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 2, 2018
Navy Federal has lots of room to grow and enhance your education. If you like call center work then this is a great place to work. Be prepared to work on weekends.
It is a job
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMay 23, 2018
Navy Federal is rated as one of the top best places to work, they offer great incentives and benefits. If you are looking for a secured job at a highly recommended company and don't mind sitting at a desk for long periods of time this is the job for you.
Okay job, depending on what you do
Videographer, Motion Graphics & Photographer (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VAMay 23, 2018
I have worked at NFCU as an intern for 3.5 years but my managers do not seem interested in hiring me on full-time. It is very frustrating to have worked so hard for so long and not get recognized for my work. They are considered a Fortune 100 Best Company to Work for, but they are far from that, in my opinion. They do pay interns, which is nice. But the culture is plagued by hierarchical political drama and has a strong lack of good communication skills.
Pros
Compensation/Benefits are good if you're a full-time employee
Job security amazing benefits
EQUITY PROCESSOR/CLOSER (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VAMay 22, 2018
I enjoyed working under the supervision of my immediate supervisor and enjoyed working with all my team members , NFCU provides so many benefits and so many perks for their employees.
Pros
Very stable environment / amazing benefits
Cons
Low salaries
Overall a good company
Mortgage Loan Processor II (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VAMay 21, 2018
Good company overall, but so many changes every week. Management does not know which route to stick with. Every week the routine changes and they reshuffle the whole teams creating chaos.

Good training, good compensation, good/friendly work environment
Great Place To Work
Forms Design Analyst (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VAMay 18, 2018
If you are an outgoing, put your head down and dig in person, you can thrive at Navy Federal. Overall happy work environment, high energy and great fellow employees.
Pros
Benefits are great! Management is a fair and highly skilled group
Cons
N/a
Job Security but low pay
Equity Processor/Closer (Former Employee) –  VAMay 16, 2018
If you are looking for a job with security then this is the place for you however don't expect to be promoted or have your pay increased. The pay is very low since it is a nonprofit.
Amazing Company
Senior Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Annandale, VAMay 16, 2018
Great company, fortune 500. Amazing benefits. Wonderful place to be depending on the department and management. Branch employees do not have the same luxury as back office employees.
Amazing Pay
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMay 16, 2018
I've had an amazing time working for Navy Federal. The supervisors are great. Navy Federal also has the best pay in my area. They also treat their employees well.
Nfcu
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Merrifield, VAMay 8, 2018
Great Company! NFCU values you by letting you know how important you are to their success. NFCU shows their appreciation through pay increases, flexibility in work schedules or other concrete ways. NFCU values you because they talk with you about your career path in the company and keep their commitments regarding your progress.
Navy Federal Credit Union
Member Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMay 8, 2018
A typical day at work was a typical call center job with back to back calls. The workplace culture and the opportunities are what made NFCU an amazing place to work. They do alot of internal hiring and there are always open opportunities there. They even offered classes for college at the facility and helped pay for school if in College towards certain degrees. It was an amazing place to work. I would definitely recommend anyone to work if you face the opportunity.
Pros
Benefits, Pay, and BONUSES
Cons
Alot of Calls
Fast paced and competitive
Digital Services Representative I (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAMay 7, 2018
As a Digital Services representative I assist member with the website and the app. Ive learned a lot about trouble shooting, patience, and empathy. Management is really hit or miss. There is a lot of really great supervisors and Managers. But there is also a lot of not so great supervisors. The work place culture is like nothing Ive ever experienced before. Its very military based. The hardest part of the job is how hard it is to advance, and working weekends and holidays. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping members.
Pros
Healthcare, 401k
Cons
Hours
Great Company, Awful Managers
Member Service Representative III (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VAMay 4, 2018
Overall I'd say NFCU is an amazing company to work for that really cares about their employees. However, be wary awful management like I had can make it the most miserable place in the world to work. Managers who aren't qualified for their positions who thrive off micromanagement and dictator like leading is big here. Don't even think about having your phone with you; but don't mind you manager sitting on face time in there office and forget about them helping members. They'd rather raise wait times and try to get more people in the branch and get them used to waiting. I will let you know that Saturdays are also usually mandatory at the branches.
Pros
Well Paying, Nice Perks
Cons
Terribly Management
Navy Federal Positive Culture
Member Service Representative III-MLO (Current Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYMay 3, 2018
Navy Federal truly cares about their target market to include being intentional with hiring and retaining military spouses even through constant moves and transitions between military installations. Navy Federal is constantly innovating and working to develop their current talent and provide development opportunities-even in branch locations where it is more difficult. Additionally, upper leadership encourages empowerment and self-initiation. We are supported in our decisions to make the best decisions and provide the best financial advice to our members.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Navy Federal Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.7Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.