Navy Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Incredible Place to Start
Supervisor Branch Office (Former Employee) –  Radcliff, KYJuly 18, 2018
I was able to start part time and work my way into management in a very short time with Navy Federal Credit Union. I appreciated the quick advancement I gained until there was no where left to advance due to management issues.
Pros
bankers hours
Cons
favortisim
Great company
Member Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Twentynine Palms, CAJuly 18, 2018
The company takes really great care of their employees and have great benefits. I really enjoyed working there. I have nothing really bad to say except it can get stressful.
Benefits
Cons
Stressful job
great company to work for but work life balance is a bit off
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYJuly 17, 2018
I have been with the company 3 years. They pay well and the company is very good about encouraging empowerment. I just think the scheduling of hours could be done differently so you don't get so burnt out. Having been in the banking field for 14 years, I feel like I need a change of pace. I enjoy the customer service of banking.
Pros
Pays well, good healthcare benefits
Cons
worklife balance inconsistant hours
Navy Federal
Part Time Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Waldorf, MDJuly 16, 2018
A awesome company to work for. Great benefits,awesome office morale, easy to move up. Great at cross training. Member service is always a priority, definitely family oriented.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Takes you forever to get full time
Lead Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJuly 11, 2018
Very associate focused which was a problem in the department i was in because it was complicated to make any changes that affected the associates because NFCU is too scared to make associates angry. Mangers don't want to hold associates accountable out of fear from the above. If you are outside of workforce management though any job here is extremely easy and they pay much higher than average.
Pros
Associate focused
Cons
Too associate focused it's outbalanced
Meow
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAJuly 11, 2018
I am only typing this because in order for me to go anywhere else with the application that this mandatory review process has so rudely interrupted, I must type 150 characters minimum in this box.
Best Job I ever had
Senior Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJuly 10, 2018
I was a product Knowledge Expert and several products and the Management teams always encouraged you to help your team mates and help the member however you can.
Pros
Wages and yearly bonuses
Cons
Parking on campus
NFCU Mortgage
MLO (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 9, 2018
Extremely fast paced, very demanding. NFCU mortgage department MLOs are overworked and under paid...the goals depending on location can be extremely hard to obtain but the company does nothing to accommodate goals per region. Management does nothing to assist their employees, files were still given to MLOs no matter how overwhelmed they were. A regular pipeline could consist of 70-150 active files per MLO.
benefits
Cons
management
Good Place to work
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 8, 2018
Job was flexible with hours, management did their best to accommodate their employees work/life balance. The pay was good and the benefits were fantastic.
Great Pay but not everyone created equal
MSR1 (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJuly 7, 2018
Not created equal in comparison to other workers
Demanding on time and attendance
Unnecessary spreadsheets for time used
Favortisim
Demanding Management
Pros
Incitives, shift change, Bonus, Great Pay
Cons
Demanding Management, Workers not created equal to each other
Prepare for high stress environment
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAJuly 6, 2018
If you like back to back calls and being micromanaged this is the job for you. I learned if you have a medically documented disability it is very hard to work there. They have high expectations and they don't want someone with a disability bringing down their stats. The hardest part of working there is justifying your work to your supervisor, since many only point out what you do wrong, not what you do right. The most enjoyable part of the job are all the outstanding benefits.
benefits
Cons
management
Member Service Represenative (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJuly 6, 2018
I love the opportunity given to me! Pensacola has needed a great company to allow individuals to grow in our area. Navy Federal as a company is great!
Pros
No comment
Cons
No comment
Great pay but awful work life balance
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 5, 2018
I worked at Navy Federal as a part time employer, some weeks I was forced to work close to 38 hours a week and it was mandatory for part time employees to work at least 3 Saturdays a month. I expressed the work life balance was not working so I transferred to a different location. At the new location the management was inconsistent. My manager was new to the company and the adjustment was hard for her making it not a great environment for me. The pay was great but the overall working environment was not for me.
Pros
great benefits, pay scale, holidays, and PTO
Cons
management
Great work environment depending on your supervisor.
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJuly 4, 2018
I was lucky and in my time there I had great supervisors and management but I have heard stories and witnessed with my own eyes what other coworkers who didn’t have great supervisor or management had to go through . The location I was it had agreed on site gym in clinic. And the food in the cafeteria with tasty but expensive if you ate there every day.
Pros
The insurance/pay great
Cons
Mortgage was about quantity more than quaility even thought they say opposite.
It's a pretty decent company
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAJune 30, 2018
It's hard to advance in some departments, it can be a time thing instead of a work hard thing, the pay in some departments is low. Overall the company is really great to work for and be apart of.
Pros
work with a lot of great people, healthcare is really great
MicroManaged
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJune 29, 2018
The managers here in Augusta are micro managers. Working here is like working at a jail, every move you make is being watched. The morale is very low in this company and turnover rate is very high. The only ones that stay are the ones in the management position.
Charlie Smith Senior Hwy (Former Employee) –  Saint Marys, GA 31558June 28, 2018
NFCU was a great place to work. I only left to go back to school to finish my bachelor degree. When I was finished they were not hiring at the time and I needed a job.
Great coworkers
Computer Programmer (Former Employee) –  Merrifield, VAJune 28, 2018
Advancement opportunity was available. You were treated fairly and had to show the ability to be self supervised. great benefits and work environment.
Liked what I did
Hired through contractor Aerotek (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 27, 2018
Enjoyed the amount of people I got to work with. I also enjoyed all that I learned while there. People were really nice and environment was nice. Boss was great and co-workers were also great.
Productive Workplace
Mortgage Loan Officer I (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAJune 27, 2018
Strong culture of serving the military and their families.
Typical day of a loan officer is to call and manage your pipeline, engaging with new applications on day 1, being a go to during the entire loan process from open to close.
Pros
job security
Cons
Compensation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Navy Federal Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.8InHerSight Score

3.9Personal Development

4.1Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight