Navy Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Too much Favoritism
Senior Mortgage Processor /Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VANovember 15, 2018
Career advancement possible only if you are friends with upper management. Hard work and diligence does not count. You move up only if you know someone. Other than that great benefits.
Pros
Gym reimbursement
Cons
Less work life balance
Navy Federal is the best!
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VANovember 14, 2018
Navy Federal is a great company. They have amazing benefits that fit all my needs. I believe this company truly cares about me. It is the best place to work and I plan to never leave!
Great benefits
Delinquency Control Counselor IV (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLNovember 12, 2018
Great benefits, great pay! Extremely great pay and advancement if you have a degree. Great food, great activities and discounts. Lots of charity work.
Great Place to grow and work.
Business Analyst, Member Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Bowie, MDNovember 9, 2018
This is a great job that cares about all its members and workers. They are constantly trying to get better and the benefits are amazing. It is a monday through saturday kind of job for certain positions but they do work with you based on you life schedule as long as it is reasonable.
Pros
Family atmosphere
Cons
can be a bit fast pace at times.
Wonderful place to work
Member Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WANovember 7, 2018
If I could've I would have kept this job but due to a personal child custody issue I was no longer able to work weekends which was required. The benefits were amazing and the coworkers were also a blast to work with. I would highly recommend working here as you get to be a banker and teller but not both at the same time. One week a teller, one week a banker. Also there are no individual sales compensation so that cuts out the competition. The dress code is pretty strict, no tattoos or piercings showing and clothing is almost uniform like.
Benefits
Cons
not enough sick days for those single parents, dress code, work weekends
Best place to work
Member Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Beulah, FLNovember 5, 2018
NFCU is the best place to work! The training is the best, and the support of the management team is amazing. I like the professionalism of the company as a whole.
nfcu
Member Services Representative III (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLNovember 1, 2018
Navy Federal Credit Union is a great place to work. I been with the company for over 7 years and do not plan on leaving anytime soon. They listen to your needs and try to work with you
Not the best.
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 28, 2018
The moment you mess up, or even have to miss one day, you get put on a radar to get pushed out. The cafeterias in each building helps out a lot because you don't face to get out in traffic.
Pros
Cafeteria
Best benefits
MEMBER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE III (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 28, 2018
Overall, this is a great company to work for. Huge annual bonuses based on your PAR, matching 401K, tuition reimbursement, competitive pay. Con- you have to give trainings and presentations. You really have to go above your job role, which can be stressful.
Benefits
Cons
Rude members
Best Credit Union in the World
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 24, 2018
I loved everything about working for Navy Fed, except my last manager. She was a toxic person, but thanks to her that helped me to move on and better myself career wise. It's no sales pressure and you feel like you are actually helping military families with their financial lives. I will always love Navy Fed even if they don't have one for me to work at in Massachusetts. They have products and services I believe in
Pros
Cons
Certain managers
Productive, Fast Paced the Culture is great
Title Review Specialist (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAOctober 23, 2018
I really enjoyed working at Navy Federal it was a great company. The management was great work was pretty stressful the culture was very professional.
Pros
Flex Schedule, Food Trucks
Cons
Outdated Computers
a nice, fun place to work.
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDOctober 22, 2018
working at NFCU is a fun place to work, benefits are awesome, nice people people to work with, feels like a family, you will learn how to be more profesional and have a good Customer Service.
Pros
we go out after work, specially Friday
Cons
Parking
Workplace Culture
Mortgage Processor/Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VAOctober 18, 2018
I loved my coworkers and made several connections that I have maintained outside of the company. It is high volume and stressful but employees stick together to make it bearable.
They toot their own horn alot
Member service representative 1 (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 14, 2018
Sure they have lots of awards and honestly at first thought they might be well deserved. Each day I discover new things they expect of me. I am trained in the credit card side of business, we have separate account service representatives that are trained on checking and savings products. Neither of our areas are trained on the others position yet we in credit cards are required to do the work of both for our normal salary which already doesn't cover the extent of things we are required to be adept in. Supervisors are not trained in the skills their teams actually perform so there is a lot of passing the buck when you need assistance in Everything and anything. We do have some departmentsort that appear to do not much at all including security operations and collections, I hope someday to switch to them but there is lot of favoritism holding me back. Member services are open 24 x7, but our collections department and security operations are open regular business hours when our members need access to them 24 x 7 and cannot be assisted by any other areas when they are closed. Member services then takes the brunt of the abuse from the understandably upset members who are not getting assisted properly.
Pros
Largest employer in Pensacola area
Cons
Job expectations are unrealistic, low wages, when there are known issues they are kept secret from msrs so they can't effectively do their jobs, upper management nit picky bout things not applicable to job performance
Great place for career advancement
Part Time Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Waldorf, MDOctober 14, 2018
Navy Federal overall is a great company. Plenty of great opportunities to advance and have great career. However part time employees don't have the same advantages like full time employees. So if you want a healthy work/life balance and a set schedule do not apply for part time,
An overall complicated company that was an asset to the community.
Call Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL 9 mile roadOctober 13, 2018
Beginning of day: Sign on to computers. Read company memos and review any rate changes one would quoit to members, depending on the product they were Appling for. Ensure member is aware that the rate quoted may be adjusted according to their credit history or score. Member would occasionally be placed on a short hold with their permission regarding a special situation. Also an application would be completed. A call regarding a credit card could be complete within 7, minutes, Auto Loans to include Lien information could talk over 10 minutes. Mortgage loans well over an hour and could be very complicated. As the member would be required to provide 250 cash as a pre-earnest money. There would be questions about their rate adjustment, etc. Rarely the rates would change during a mortgage application. This was not mentioned as the original rate would apply (even if the rate lowered). As for team moral, Holidays bought in catered meal. We could decorate our cubicles accordingly. Management made attemps to make the atmosphere pleasant. One major flaw as bathroom time. It counted against you.
Pros
Pay was great. An occussally there would be an unespected raise.
Cons
Daily memos would conterdict the memo from the day before.
Member Service Representative III MLO (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 13, 2018
It is a good place to work. The benefits and discounts are great. You can be promoted from part time to full time quickly but it ends there. The co-workers are what get you through the day.
Excellent employee perks
Temp (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VAOctober 13, 2018
Great hours(40+)and benefits. Contract or Permenant employee. Company family events. Reasonable Paid Time Off accommodations. Much room for advancement.
Mixed feelings
Delinquency Control Counselor (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 12, 2018
The company itself is great. But they are more focused on numbers than anything. They are strict on breaks for the bathroom or break room, days you miss even if scheduled. They write you up for any little thing. The upper management in Collections is the biggest joke They don't care about their employees. they care about how they look. They would REQUIRE MANDATORY OVERTIME more often than not.
Pros
Good pay, benefits
Cons
Terrible management.
Account Servicing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VAOctober 11, 2018
A typical day at work involved answering emails, working with different departments to complete daily requests. Management was great and the overall culture was very mellow.
Pros
Full cafeteria
Cons
Parking sucks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Navy Federal Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.8InHerSight Score

3.9Personal Development

4.1Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight