Navy Federal Credit Union

Navy Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Found 1,523 reviews matching the search
Featured review
Navy Federal Credit Union selected this as a representative review
I would highly recommend Navy Federal. Everybody is so helpful and feels pride in serving men and women in uniform. Company mission is members and success of employees. Management is very transparent and  appreciative of folks. Learning about company legacy systems and work on transformation is the best part of working here. Lot more changes are coming this year which will drive a lot of initiative in digital and contact center space next year especially toward best customer service for members.
Pros
Employee benefits best in industry 401k match, competitive salary, Work life and balance.
Cons
Lack of Innovation
Working as a partime MSR, it was a great start into banking. I learned alot from the front desk, desk and teller sides of the branch. Very little opportunity for internL growth. Managment was very lacking. Mu branch went through 2 managers in 1 year.
Pros
Learned multiple branch skills
Cons
Management was lacking and very low opportunities for growth
No one is specific to one role, we all take part in learning all aspects of the credit union ( branch ops) We are universal, and we learn from each other, we are one another’s resources. It’s amazing.
Pros
Management team demonstrates genuine interest in our development
Cons
This company is great to work for if you aren’t in the Call Center. They don’t care about their employees needs, only the members. Mentally draining.
Benefits
Cons
Frequently cancelled meetings, policy changes and work environment
The work here is mentally and emotionally exhausting. You are expected to deal with constant escalations and unhappy members without getting the chance to catch your breath or take a minute to regroup. You are assigned an upwards of 150 members and that number increases daily. The training is not the best. You are connately micromanaged and when asking for help you are met with a brick wall. The salary is also very low for a back office position.
Benefits
Cons
Short breaks, mental distress, lack of empathy
Great management, amazing benefits, schedule flexibility is always available. Ability to work from home with company-provided equipment. Compensation could be better but it's not bad. They will teach you everything you need to know for the position.
benefits
Cons
compensation
You can have a supervisor that has been there literally half the time you have and you have to help them to supervise you because they don't know what they are doing. I'm not sure what qualifies them to supervise, but is surely is NOT experience or leadership skills
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
You must belong to a clique to succeed
Working thru my mom's terminal cancer diagnosis they rallied around me and encouraged me to take the time necessary to get take off myself and family
Very inclusive environment. They treat their employees better than anyplace I've ever seen. It was a culture shock when I first started. Absolutely love working for Navy Federal.
Pros
Pay is excellent, benefits are top-of-the-line.
Cons
I cant think of any.
The company has not kept up with technology with the loan originating system and the online application. Spend quite a bit of time correcting errors from the online application that imports to the originating system, sending required documents prior to file going to processing. Correcting inefficiencies would leave free up time that could be used for providing members the attention they need during the mortgage process.
Pros
Great benefits, brand name
Cons
Originating system needs improvement, Management is not listening to the issues to take action
It can be high stress, but the pay and benefits are great. They have a lot of amenities for their employees. Wish I could have stayed, but the work just isn't for me.
I worked in branches, and when you get hired you are trained for everything which was great. Teller and MSR work. When I first got hired, I had 5 years previous banking, most working under the CEO and chosen to represent my position at Head Quarters. At my first branch with NFCU, the manager cared more about moving people up who did not show interest or care, but because they had been there longer. Same with my second branch manager. I hated that I had to fight and show my worth for so long before being promoted or to learn new tasks that I was already doing at my last banking job. My 3rd manger was the best, she saw all my hard work, and dedication and immediately tasked me out with things and trusted in me. She made sure to promote me as well. You will have to constantly show your worth and it gets very tiring at times I do love that I was able to work with Military members. As a spouse I could connect to them, relate, understand and help them as I would want to be treated that way, I loved what I did!Pay was great, but slow to rise.
Pros
Culture, Pay, Members, Cross Trained, No sales pressure
Cons
Work life balance, made to feel guilty for calling out sick, advancement takes a long time
The pay and benefits are better than most other options in Pensacola. It is extremely stressful and you get no breaks between calls, other than your assigned breaks (two 15 minute paid breaks and 30 minute unpaid lunch) If you are stuck on a call that makes you late for a break that reflects poorly on you. Every second is account for and judged. There is a constant pressure to do everything perfect. Your calls will be reviewed and scrutinized. When it comes to promotions, it really has to do with how much you stayed after your shift to socialize than your work performance. It is nearly impossible to change shift times and very difficult to get approved for time off.
Pros
Pay, insurance benefits
Cons
Stressful, dead end
Extremely high stress call center jobs with high expectations to meet stats and to work overtime. Calls are back to back. Your phone will automatically pick up after a couple of rings as soon as you disconnect the previous call. Members are often rude. Management doesn't like you to take time in between calls to take a breather, a mental break or even to make notes. You have one hour for combination meal and break time for the entire day. Networking and being a favorite of management is the way to get pushed forward. Otherwise, your career can become stagnant. Management is not supportive and only cares about their own careers. They don't care about your experience and knowledge. They only care about what your stat charts say. Difficult to get out of the contact center if that is where you start with the company. So many dream of opportunities to get off the phones, but those jobs are few and far between with lots of competition. Difficult to use vacation time as you need to schedule it months in advance to find days which are available. The best I can say is that NFCU is a big employer providing jobs in the Pensacola community that pay decent compared to other call centers and the benefits are pretty good. There are two retirement plans, decent health and dental plans and other benefits. However, the better opportunities seem to be at the Virginia headquarters. Would I recommend it? Only if there is nothing else available to you and only for a short time if you want to keep your mental health intact.
Pros
Good benefits, 401k 7% employer match
Cons
Poor work/life balance, highly stressful, lack of management support
The call volume is way too high and they don’t give you any time to cool down or do the training bytes that they assign to you. They just expect it to be done magically.
Pros
Very good management
Cons
Terrible and reducing stress
Great pay, management not so great, not alot of flexibility with taking time off due to short staffing. Training was excellent, they made sure you knew how to do your job.
Pros
Pay, coworkers, benefits
Cons
Short breaks, management
Fast paced work environment. Everyone I worked with was awesome and wanted to see you succeed. The training tools are amazing and you do something new every day. The dress code is strict and no visible tattoos are allowed. Overall, it’s a great place to work.
Pros
Training, good management and coworkers
Cons
30 minute lunch breaks
The company overall promotes inclusion and work-life balance. However, if you are a self-driven individual, it is sometimes tough. There are a lot of expectations of co-worker interaction and team building that are unnecessary and annoying if you are not someone who requires attention from others. I have seen wonderful employees come and go as a result of poor supervisors and biased performance ratings. Everything is tracked down to the millisecond, and if you're TOO productive, you get pulled from the role to do busywork so a low performer can get their numbers in. Numbers that don't even matter because there are no commissions anyway. The company frowns upon stand outs. Depending on your job, you will have to plan time off 6 months in advance and race to put it in the computer before it's gone.
Pros
Vacation and volunteer leave
Cons
Poor leadership.
the place is great lots of work life balance managers not breathing down your neck depending on what department you live in and a modern relaxed dress code
Benefits were good, hours not so much. Stay open much later than banks in the area. Pay is decent, not much room to grow. Will say the vacation hours is a plus they do give you plenty of personal and sick time especially longer you have been there.
NFCU is an awesome place to work. Leadership, colleagues, benefits, and perks are all factors of my employment that I love and make me stay. I always feel valued and respected.