Navy Federal Credit Union

Found 1,372 reviews matching the search
Featured review
Navy Federal Credit Union selected this as a representative review
Our Mission
Navy Federal Credit Union is an amazing company to work for. Many companies pride themselves on attainable assets, while we pride ourselves on our valued members and exceptional customer service. Our company is not only a place to begin your career, it's a place to restart your life mission. We get to serve men, women, and the families of those who protect us everyday. There isn't anything remotely comparable to that. It's not just a job for me, it's a mission.
One of the best companies to work for
I enjoy working for this company! I love what I do and helping people with their banking needs! The pay is great as well as the benefits & incentives!
High Stress
Very high stress. Severe lack of support. Workload unmanageable and members suffer. OT mandatory. Favoritism a big problem. Discouragement and Defeat a daily occurrence.
Not a Progressive Organization
One of the things you hear get thrown around a lot at Navy Federal is that we make the “Forbes Best Places To Work” list quite frequently. After some time, you come to wonder why that is, and who’s being paid to write that list. Navy Federal is a decent place to work, and executives pride themselves on the competitive benefits package and culture of the credit union. The culture is toxic and only benefits certain employees; and not the vast majority. The benefits are great, the pay however is not a living wage, and the culture is toxic. I’ve worked at different branches and let me start by saying that the recruitment process is very stressful. They treat you as if you are an external hire if you are wanting to transfer within the company. If you are not a military spouse they make little, if any effort to accommodate you no matter how excellent your PAR is. I was overlooked for positions and told so because a military spouse, not necessarily better suited for the position, was moving and had preference (and some are transparent about this). There are little opportunities for growth and clear office politics. The branches function completely different, and several things in the policy and procedure are left to “manager’s interpretation and discretion”, which is the reason why there is so much inconsistency (this is a major complaint amongst members). It is such a disorganized organization. Members know that the culture is if they whine and complain enough they can virtually get whatever they want. I had a manger call me into the office and tell me to ignore the policy, and then - more...
Overall Good Place to Work
Can be stressful- tremendously so at times. Still, the work-life balance and benefits are excellent, and the work environment is positive and professional. Potential for advancement exists and is largely up to the employee, with a few exceptions.
Pros
Pay, benefits, serving our customers.
Cons
Stressful at times, can be too many cliques in management.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Discrimination &favoritism sreem at NFCU. There are inside and outside surveys taken but management bad attitudes rudeness never changed.
Management are rude & nasty. Employees means nothing. There is no respect to employees. NFCU doesn't hear employees voice unless your manager favorite & pet. Salary is very low your reviews depend how much supervisor like you, your hard work means nothing. Customers also unhappy with services.
Amazing Company with Amazing opportunities
This is an amazing company to work for. You have opportunities to work any where in the world with Navy Federal. The pay, benefits & opportunities alone are beyond what most companies will ever do for you. Navy Federal also gives their employees a voice so they can be heard. If your unhappy they go above and beyond to keep their employees engaged, and to find solutions to keep you happy. If your already happy they want to hear about it & how to keep you happy. There is a reason why their turnover rate it so low. This is a company I WILL ALWAYS want to be apart of.
Pros
Pay, Benefits & opportunities for advancement.
Cons
Not in every state yet.
Horrible Management
Ineffective management. Horrible culture. The customer is a very “entitled” customer - Do what I say, or I’m calling your manager, AND THEY DO! I possess excellent customer service skills and these are awful people to work with.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Navy Federal Credit Union?
A great place to work
A great place to work and provide for your family. Tons of room for growth and career moves. I would highly recommend d Navy Federal to anyone. Its not every day you find a place where you get paid well and appreciated as a employee at the same time.
Great Motivating place to work at!
Great Management and team work. Work and life balance is great! It can get really busy, especially promotion time. Advancement opportunities and proper training offered.
Stable
Great place to work, I'd certainly recommend it to anyone who values stability. It's probably not the most dynamic or exciting place to be and the salaries are a little below average, but the benefits and job security are great.
Extremely poor management.
They promise to train you to allow you to be acclamated with system but they don't. So if you fail or make a mistake, it is your fault, yours alone. Employees try and stay with this company due to the cheap and excellent benefits and the acclaimed many perks or bonuses.
Great Place To Work
Navy Federal generally cares about it's employees and its members. You get a sense of being part of the mission through their company culture. The work benefits are stellar and the pay is very competitive.
Best Employer EVER!!!
Great company to work for!! Many career advancement opportunities!! The pay is great, there's a work/life balance, and the benefits are the best to offer!!!
Constantly threatening you over silly things.
Management and supervisors not supportive. You will never have a day where your work was good enough. Every month, there's something you are doing wrong and need to fix, they threaten you with whatever it is as a reason to potentially punish you if no improvements seen. They preach work like balance but there is none. Overtime becomes mandatory and if you don't do any, you will never be considered for promotion. Sure they pay good, but the stress of the job and lack of support isn't worth it if you have goals to do something else with your life. Don't drink the Navy Fed kool-aid. It's not the great there.
Started great....changed drastically over the years.
Above average pay for the area
Beautiful campus

Parking nightmare

All about who you know

Ideal for the young or those without families

Great place to work if you can get out of the call center
Excellent place to work
Inclusive with all employees and clients, very community orientated, friendly at all locations, team leads are supportive and want you to succeed and move up.
A culture of pettiness
The company overall seems ok to work for but the management employees tarnish the company image with pettiness and childishness. I would not recommend anyone work here who’s not prepared for cattiness and an overwhelming sense of disappointment from management day in and day out.
A lot to learn...worth it though
Since you are the banker, teller, greeter, and working the drive thru- it could feel overwhelming training on each department or keeping up with the constant changes policies. Good news is the pay, hours, people, food/snacks, and benefits make it all worth your while. You’re there from 8:45-5:45. Saturday’s are mandatory so don’t apply if that wont work for you. One day off a week, for full time...days go by fast , so that’s good
Took Me Back to High School
Not much room for growth. Wanting a back office job means moving to VA, FL or CA. I think i personally did not come into a good branch or region. The branch I work with was small, my manger was not a great leader and the work place environment was very catty with nosy co-workers and idle hands. The branch was not very busy so there was a lot of downtime for being in peoples business and non-mangers micromanaging. I was the youngest one in the branch and I totally felt discriminated against by other coworkers there even though I has almost 3 years of Credit Union experience before working here. I left within a few months because there was no growth opportunities and because of a toxic work environment. If i had a good branch, managers, region and coworkers I would of stayed but this was not for me
Pros
Good Health Insurance
Cons
45 Min Lunches, toxic branch, didnt have good branch manager
Cult-like environment
Extremely unprofessional management. If you don't completely buy in to their culture it's over for you. You can be great at your job but if you don't kiss enough or the right you know what, it's over for you. The pay is decent but as I was told in the beginning you're not going to become rich from this. Another con is the location and traffic.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Navy Federal Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.7Personal Development
4.1Career Opportunities
3.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight