Navy Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Productive Workplace but they dont care about medical needs.
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAMarch 10, 2018
Navy federal does not care about Medical needs when it comes to an employee. They approve medical leave but then when you use it they turn around and put you on reviews and then fire you for it. I would not recommend this company to anyone that has health issues on going.
Stressful environment but the benefits make up for it
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAMarch 9, 2018
Stressful environment and rigid culture but the pay and benefits make up for the workplace woes. NFCU does go out of their way to provide incentives to their employees.
Member Service Representative III (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 9, 2018
I have enjoyed working at Navy Federal. Navy Federal has been the best company thus far that I have worked for. I've worked for Bank of America and Wells Fargo and those 2 companies can not compare to a day at Navy Federal.
Pros
a lot of team outtings
Cons
short breaks
N/a
Business Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMarch 8, 2018
Navy Federal is a good place to work but it very cut throat and competitive so it makes it hard to come to work knowing everyone is out for your job as well.
great place that takes care of you.
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMarch 5, 2018
fixed days, ability to switch shifts if its possible. can trade shifts with others. you accrue paid time off starting with 4 hours every two weeks after 3 or 4 years i think it goes to 6 hours every two weeks. they have cafe gym relax room offer great discounts. great place to work for. can be stressful sometimes but overall the members can get annoying to talk to. compensation fro working 6pm to 6am 10% of hourly thats an extra dollar and change. good benefits and matching 401k up to 7%
Professional, ordered, and followed procedure
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Newport, RIMarch 4, 2018
The branch is a tiny part of a very large organization. As such there are countless resources behind them ensuring that procedures and policies are adhered to, and they can exercise those resources to assist employees in their continued professional growth and development.
Nfcu
Credit Card Inquiry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLFebruary 27, 2018
I spent several years working for Navy Federal in a variety of positions. Most of the time I really enjoyed working for them; however, I was ready to leave for a while before I actually ended up doing so.
Pros
great benefits, fun employee only events
Cons
cut-throat environment
Project Coordinator I (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VAFebruary 26, 2018
If it wasn't for the fact that my family is considering to relocate, I would never consider leaving NFCU. This is truly (in my opinion) the best place to work.
Pros
Everything else
Cons
Updates to technology/systems seem to be a bit behind compared to competitors
Good experience for the most part
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAFebruary 22, 2018
Working there was a good experience. If you are good at your job and want to stay with the company, just start kissing butt and you will be fine. If you don't, you'll be viewed as a threat. Too bad upper management doesn't know how middle and lower management works.
Pros
Good yearly bonus and they love to feed you goodies
Cons
If you are good at your job, someone will try to get rid of you
Really bad place to work
MSR (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAFebruary 22, 2018
The benefits have to be great because the job is so bad. The trainers and supervisors are incompetent. Both have no experience in banking. Did not meet one supervisor who could answer questions. Really bad experience. I would not recommend applying.
Pros
Cons
Incompedence
Great Work Place
Fraud Investigation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VAFebruary 22, 2018
I really enjoyed my time at Navy Federal Credit Union. The work place at staff were great to work with. I learned a lot during my time with this company.
Compensation
Member Service Representative, Loan Servicing (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLFebruary 21, 2018
Navy Federal is a great place to work for. Some times the job can be stressful but Navy Federal provides great compensation and perks to their employees
Pros
pay
Cons
short breaks
Great Company with A Cafeteria, Sushi and Salad bar and full Gym
Delinquency Control Counselor (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLFebruary 21, 2018
Great management that advance team members for great performance. Work days was fast pasted with necessary help & tools for any issues. Employees were kept well informed. The hardest part was having members that couldn't pay due to terminal illness of children and being abandoned by husbands with nothing. I enjoyed being the well taken care of by the company.
Pros
Pet Insurance, great Discounts and benefits
Cons
lunch breaks was divided. my daily 1 hour commute to work.
Long work days
UNDERWRITER (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAFebruary 21, 2018
Very long work hours. Work life balance is not balanced. Difficult to move up the management chain. Benefits and bonus are very good. CEO is awesome!
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Favorites are promoted
Account Speicalist
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VAFebruary 17, 2018
Responsible for providing technical support and project analysis on Visa/Master Cards. Reviewing recurring billing point of sales. The hardest part of the job was to make goal each day.
Amazing Opportunities
Mortgage Loan Originator (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLFebruary 14, 2018
Navy Federal's meteoric growth and employee first outlook truly made this company stand out as one of the best I've ever worked for. The people truly make all the difference in the world, with down to earth management, and an atmosphere and culture of respect. There are not enough good things to say about Navy Fed.
Pros
401K, Paid Leave, Affordable Insurance
Steady pace environment
Equity Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Merrifield, VAFebruary 13, 2018
As a Equity support assistant a typical day in mortgage would be copying appraisals, putting together equity packages or members who are interested in a mortgage loan for a home. Some members just interested in their account information. Also I would Filed transmittals which is information from members to later put with their appraisal folder file.
Pros
Good college money
Cons
Short term seasonal employment- college student
Great comapny
Member Service Representative III (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDFebruary 11, 2018
NFCU is great company with awesome benefits. They have flexible schedules and give great bonuses. Advancement can be easy but management favors certain employees and do not honor qualifications. I have a bachelor's degree applied for other positions in the office and got looked over by people with high school diplomas. Not even an interview offer just an email of non selection.
Loved working for Navy Federal!
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  OverseasFebruary 10, 2018
I was sad when we had to relocate and I couldn't continue my career with Navy Federal because I loved my job! It is truly a wonderful company to work for that values its employees and provides competitive incentives. You are cross trained to work through-out the branch allowing you to feel knowledgeable of everything going on around you. The culture is member focused and not driven by retail banking mentality that many financial institutions stress their employees with. So when your there your goal is to ensure that the members are receiving the best experience possible and getting the products and services that they are requesting. You will work with a team and collaborate to achieve many successes. My managers were professional and considerate. They strived to ensure we all felt empowered to make decisions based on our knowledge and judgement. The hardest part is getting a transfer as well as getting in the door for that matter. If I was able to go back tomorrow though, I would without question.
Pros
Benefits, hours, employee appreciation
Cons
Hard to get in, transferring isn't easy.
Over all review of my experience
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAFebruary 10, 2018
Over all the company had wonderful benefits, pay was good. The only issue I had was working on the phones. The members are rude, terrible and disrespectful. You had to be nice to them regardless. I have never worked at a call center before and that was my first time. Would NEVER do it again. That is the only reason I left. If there was a job off the phones I would be there in a heart beat. You can only take so much of someone yelling at you "what did you do with my money" "transfer me to someone who knows what they are doing" "why did you freeze my account" etc .... I still believe in the old rule, be nice to one another and have respect. I would be happy if they yelled then apologized for yelling.
I was in the hospital for chest pains and was out a few days. I had the doctors note, plus hospital note proving I was there. Received a verbal warning about missing days.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Members on the phone

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Navy Federal Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.9InHerSight Score

4.0Personal Development

4.2Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight