Naylor Association Solutions

Naylor Association Solutions Employee Reviews

United States75 reviews

Workplace Culture

The workplace culture here isn't great. Management keeps employees in the dark about most things and takes credit for the good ideas of others. The culture they said is looking to change before they let me go but this is the third time since I've worked there that they have had to reduce the workforce.

Switch and Bait

This company hired me with one pay and then changed it all. I met my goals for the first 3 years and made less year 3 than 1. Don’t buy what their selling! This sales job sucks.

Naylor Association Solutions insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

Great co workers that I have made life long friends with .

Management is very cliquish. They have their favorites as far as putting who they want on particular projects that you can make money on . Straight commission after 2 yrs base so when that starts , depending on which campaigns you are on you can watch your compensation go away . Geared for the young worker and no respect for older folks .

Some good people

This place has A combination of people that are great at their jobs and people that are OK at their jobs. You can succeed if you really apply yourself.

Vanilla

Management only cares about weekly / quarterly sales numbers. The company is 100% numbers driven by the CFO and CEO, and sadly has very little creative interests. Makes future decisions based on past numbers.

Great company culture

Solid exposure to the events planning industry. This was my first job out of college and I majored in Marketing but the team was amazing and provided excellent training for me. The overall company culture was very welcoming and pleasant - I looked forward to going to work and seeing my coworkers each day.

Pros

On-the-job training, great benefits, amazing people

Cons

n/a

Difficult Sales Gig with Low Compensation

Selling advertisements to niche markets. Most people you speak to won't give you the time of day and sales goals start to become unattainable. Base salary is also very low compared to other inside sales jobs

It was honestly pretty boring

Although I had to resign for multiple reasons, this job was one of the most boring ones I have ever had. I just sat at a desk for 5 hours a day sending out mass emails and entering data into the CRM system. The work wasn't very motivating or interesting but my managers were awesome and very nice!

Pros

kind of flexible hours, nice managers

Cons

boring, unfulfilling, low pay

This is a very dishonest organization!

Awful Culture Horrible Management Dishonesty. I was their top sales person who ultimately they treated with nor respect. Everybody from the CEO to the managers are dishonest. Their goal is to not reward anybody financially. When someone like myself is their top salesperson for 8 years out of 10 and all they do is take away commission and ultimately eliminate commissions, something is wrong. They are not telling the honest truth about their current situation. Their platform is old, they don't know how to reward hard work. The management is run by non sales management types or people who are anti sales. If you are an experienced salesperson like myself this is probably the most dishonest, unprofessional atmosphere you could possibly work in. They have lost so many good people. The sales team has been rudderless for maybe three years and they are not honest with their customers when things go wrong. To say Naylor is a dumpster fire is going easy on them. There was no training, no communication, a whole bunch of backbiting everything that goes wrong when a rudderless group is not guided by someone. And when the CEO is dishonest and his underlings spread such bad culture and karma, this is what you get. Advice to Management Be honest. Don't tell your employees how great the company is doing and then lay people off in Dec 2019.

Pros

Good HR Group

Cons

Dishonest Management and leadership

Constant turnover

At Naylor you’re just a number and are even discouraged to quit sooner than later. The pressure keeps getting dialed up. More and more. It’s like they want to weed out the high earners.

Great if you like telemarketing

I placed 50 to 60 calls a day to association member companies to sell ads in their publications. Some association I represented were fun and very responsive, others were not.

Awful!

Training is awful! Expectations are high! Management is the extreme worst I have ever seen. You have no true support working here, and your job is never secure. This company will tell you one thing and do totally the opposite. Save yourself a lot of time and apply elsewhere. They will hire you but you will be looking elsewhere soon.

Everyone in Naylor is friendly and caring

I really enjoy my time at Naylor, everyone in there is really nice and everyone is willing to help. Since I'm in school I had some difficulties with my work schedule and Naylor was really nice and open to work my time.

Naylor Association Solutions - Some problems

Naylor has been a great place to work, but in recent years the environment has become restrictive and overbearing. While a large company, there is little room for advancement in individual departments.

Pros

Benefits, accrued vacation and personal time, social outings

Cons

Little room for advancement, Inexperienced Managers, Communications

Culture is fantastic

A great place to work with an easy going culture. Lots of room to earn big money if you can get past the first few years. Computer software very outdated and makes customer follow up difficult.

Toxic and Stressful work environment

Run away from this company. Great co workers, lousy company. If you don't make sales, you are fired. No excuses acceptable. Managers are a joke. Must find leads and cold calling required to clients not interested in these products since they don't see the value in taking ad space for their businesses.

Worst place to work

You sit in a boiler room all day making cold calls to businesses to sell advertising for Association Media. No one ever looks at this advertising, the magazines, directories, digital.. nothing. The majority of the businesses you call have zero interest in what you have to say because they have been called hundreds of times. Worst job ever and they monitor you constantly.

Official response from Naylor Association Solutions

November 19, 2019
Thank you for sharing your concerns regarding Naylor Association Solutions. I am sorry you had a bad experience with us. We have an open training room that gives our new employees an entire month of training. We have reps that actually sell within the training period, even before coming to the sales floor. We have a fun and caring work environment, which is one of our core values. I'm sorry this is something you did not experience because we work very hard at it. Our advertises renewal rate is 84% and our association renewal rate is 98%. We've had many sales professionals here for over 20 years. We are always open to constructive feedback and continually strive to improve our training and practices.Best, Jody Farmer, Senior Sales Manager, Gainesville

Productive and fun work place

Naylor is always having events showing their workers appreciation, and they're always giving back to the less fortunate. Naylor also gives you the opportunity to be flexible and work remotely

Office Space Come To Life

Go there for the experience, but don't drink the kool-aid. Unless you are a sales person making them money you are expendable. Hit your goals, telemarketing, or you're out.

Cold Calling Farm

Your first month is in a room where you train every day cold calling on a bad project. All the good leads are taken by the vets. The business is mostly based on selling print ads.

Enjoyed my Summer Internship experience

The job culture at Naylor is inclusive and welcoming! Everyone has a smile on their face and are eager to work at this establishment. Even though my time at Naylor was short, I learned a great deal of information to prepare me for the future.

Common questions about Naylor Association Solutions

Answered by current and former employees at Naylor Association Solutions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Naylor Association Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits