NBCUniversal Employee Reviews

Found 1,722 reviews matching the search See all 1,820 reviews
great place to work
Internship (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 22, 2018
my time and NBCUniversal has been nothing short than amazing. I feel valued and I have been given more opportunities than i could have ever imagined. I look forward to going to work every day.
Good Place to work
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE, COMCAST (Former Employee) –  ColoradoOctober 19, 2018
They offer many Flexible schedules
They offer very good pay
Monthly paid commissions
This place consists of a very fun working environment
Management is very good
Good work environment
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 16, 2018
I worked for NBC while they were integrating with Comcast. The work was challenging but fun, and my colleagues were fantastic. I would have stayed indefinitely but my position needed to be based on the west coast and I live on the east coast and couldn't relocate.
It was a fun place to work, but unless you get full time means nothing
Entertainer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL 32819October 15, 2018
It was a really fun place! I wanted to continue but management didn't "like me" so I was never given a part-time secure spot, only seasonal. I then could not live on this money so I was forced to relocate back home. Fun job though! Made great friends.
Pros
discounts
Cons
have to bend over backwards to grow.
workplace, managment
merchandise retail (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 15, 2018
in overall its a job for student, management its changes all the time. the most enjoyable part of the job its interact with the guesses and feel helpful
Pros
iyou can take shift
Cons
they dont have senior benefit no tecnologie taking sjfit
NBC is a terrible Company
None of your Business (Former Employee) –  Universal City, CAOctober 9, 2018
This company will use you up, work you to death and then spit you out. They reward lazy dishonest employees that are t just there for a check. People that work the hardest are the 1st to be laid off due to cut backs. Always some sort of drama at this company.
Cons
CUSTOMER SERVICE ESCALATION CAE 4 (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEOctober 8, 2018
A typical day at work is busy with taking chats, working Corporate Escalations and follow ups.

I've learned how to de-escalate calls with upset customers and resolve their issues in a timely fashion.

Management works together to provide us with pertinent information to assist our customers.

Workplace Culture: Change/Adaptability.

The hardest part of my job is closing out Corporate Escalations.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with my coworkers to resolve customer escalations.
Good Benefits but Lacking in Opportunity
Scheduling Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Universal City, CAOctober 4, 2018
What the title says. The perks of working here can be great but that's about it. Hours can be long and strenuous, and there is little to no opportunity for advancement as management prefers to hire from the outside.
Great People
NBCUniversal Page (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 4, 2018
NBCUniversal is a wonderful company if you want to work in the Media Industry. If you put the time and effort in, you will get noticed and you will move ahead.
Working with great people
Associate Producer for The Maury Show (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTOctober 4, 2018
Working on The Maury Show is a 60-80 hour week schedule. What makes it really worth it is the people you work with. Overall, when you work on a daytime talk show, there is not an incredible amount of a work/life balance. Also, you don't get paid what you should - you'll get a set salary/weekly rate but that does not include ALL of the hours and days needed to work in order for you to produce a show properly. So it's worth it, but to an extent. If i got paid more and had at least two days off a week, i would be happier!
Sales is the first priority, operations and customer service comes last
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CAOctober 3, 2018
A heavy focus on sales is understandable, but when processes are not put into place and followed, the end result is an unhappy customer. There is no follow through after a contract for service is signed.
Pros
Good benefits, very nice people
Cons
No training
Great team members but not much room for growth
Entertainment Production Technical Manager (Current Employee) –  Universal Studios, Hollywood, CAOctober 2, 2018
My coworkers are my family. The work is always changing and challenging. Lack of interest in taking risks. Long hours. low employee satisfaction. You work at a theme park, can walk outside and go ride rides on your breaks
Pros
Working with talented people in the industry
Cons
low pay, poor employee satisfaction.
Fun fast paced environment
Customer Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Voorhees, NJOctober 1, 2018
Received inbound calls helping customer resolve issues at hand. Deescalated situations in which there was discrepancies. Worked on team levels which increased productivity.
Productive and fun place to work.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 1, 2018
The atmosphere was relaxing. Partly because we were able to watch movies while helping clients with their cable. Also providing demos would be nice as well, because showing a customer things they are unaware they have with the services they pay for. The team was great too. Unfortunately there was no job advancement. Comcast was fun and a a great place to work.
Great coworkers, cool offices
Motion Graphic Designer / Digital Graphic Artist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 30, 2018
A great place to work. Large company with good offices and a lot of security. Cool places to eat nearby. Pay is great but hours can be long. There is a good work/life balance here. The higher ups take time to listen to your needs and wants.
Pros
good offices and a lot of security
Cons
hours can be long
like disney, NBC universal is fun but bad pay
Customer service guests (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 25, 2018
like disney, universal studio is fun place for work but bad pay and lot of rules for employees. is not so easy to have a promotion and change of department. my manager was nice and helpful. sometimes it was hard to work under the sun, rain, cold and with an impatient crowd. But that's part of the job.
Pros
fun, easy work, good managements, nice place to work
Cons
bad pay, too much rules, stressful
Awesome place to work at
MARKETING DATA ANALYST INTERN at Universal Orlando (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 25, 2018
Universal Orlando is amazing to work for. Great benefits and everything. I learned a lot of technical skills at the Marketing department and it is amazing what they do over there.
Good place to work for devoted people
Project Manager / Scrum Master (Former Employee) –  Universal City, CASeptember 24, 2018
If you are good at your job, thorough and want to contribute more than you get, almost all places are good to work at and NBCU is no exception. With that said no place is perfect either. NBCU has huge work load and management has unrealistic expectations and puts a lot of pressure on the contractors. But I continued to work hard and have a great attitude at all times which helped me succeed.
Depends on your boss
Business Analyst, Engineering (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 24, 2018
Comcast NBCUniversal prides itself on being decentralized. Your employee experience depends HEAVILY on your boss and leadership. Sucky boss? You won't be able to run away fast enough. Great boss? You'll be there for decades!
Amazing place to work!
Permanent Lead (Cartooniversal) (Former Employee) –  Universal Studios, Hollywood, CASeptember 24, 2018
Great place to work truly amazing. Great opportunity's and perks! If you love to learn about old movies and how movies are made you will love this place! Management is amazing! Great people are always hired and they hire about 250 people each quarter. Best part of the job was always meeting amazing people because of the diverse amount of cultures that would always show up to the park.
Pros
Always meeting new amazing people
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NBCUniversal. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

81%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss