NBCUniversal Employee Reviews

Found 1,773 reviews matching the search See all 1,871 reviews
Actor
Hollywood Horror Nights Scare Actor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 14, 2018
not a bad job, fun to work with other performers. the supervisors were great. hard part was just the weather at times, but only because it gets hot in costume.
Pros
the park, and guests
Nbc universal
official selection (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 14, 2018
One of the greatest companies I ever worked for . I worked and sold and distributed my first ever documentary called ' the girl who cannot speak ' to NBC universal. It was one of the best contracts I ever had. I then was interviewed on National Television on MSNBC by Andrea Mitchel on Oct 12.2018
Pros
Amazing Culture
Cons
short breaks
Fun Work Environment
Parade Escort (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 13, 2018
Never a dull day at Universal! Working in the parade and show a section of the parks with guests is an amazing cast and crew experience for anyone looking for an engaging and profitable job.
Big company with little transparency
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 12, 2018
Although it is a great company with many perks, you are kept in a bubble day to day with not a lot of room for growth or transparency between teams and departments. Most people are friendly and hours are decent.
Pros
Discounts, location, passionate people, benefits
Cons
Lack of transparency, micromanagement
Strong company culture.
Portfolio Sales Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 11, 2018
A powerhouse company to work for and within. Tough on salary requirements and not easy to make significant motion upward. Very enjoyable company culture.
Pros
Events, bonus incentives, work/life balance
Cons
Merit increase ceilings are nondemocratic
Productive, fun, relaxed while being quick-paced
Production Coordinator, Media Support (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 10, 2018
Each morning that I come in I find myself sifting through all emails and prioritizing accordingly. I have several software programs opened where I need to sift through all media that needs transcoding, delivery to clients/vendors (Netflix, HBO, Amazon, Sony, Hulu, Apple iTunes etc). Editing various orders and synching captions. Closely monitoring delivery dashboards. High volume of troubleshooting, editing, and transcoding.
Overall good environment
Traffic Assistant (Current Employee) –  Universal City, CADecember 6, 2018
The company has an overall inviting environment. It certainly is a fast paced environment, so you need to bring your A game. There are benefits and events that make for a community.
Fun place
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYDecember 4, 2018
This was a fun job, especially around Christmas. I enjoyed the fast pace and the people. They pay really well off the bat with great training. I liked my supervisors.
Supportive
Attendant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 4, 2018
They worked with me to find a position well suited for me. My team members are always will to help and the supervisor has open door policy. Willing to listen to suggestions
Professional working environment and colleagues, good benefits and work-life balance. Advancement can be difficult.
Audio Recording Engineer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 3, 2018
Good place to start a career and gain experience. Advancement within your own department can be difficult, would recommend keeping an eye on roles in different departments and across the company if you want to advance and grow.
Universal Studios
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 3, 2018
I enjoy working for Universal Studios. I like the interaction with the customers and presenting my knowledge about the items for sale. I have learned to work in a fast paced environment.
Turnstile attendant
Turnstile Attendant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 3, 2018
This was a great job for me while I was in high school. I met people from all over the world and gain valuable customer service skills. The hours were flexible and the staff was great.
Pros
Free entry to the parks plus free tickets
Cons
standing on your feet all day, working with mean customers
Most enjoyable part of job
Vice President (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 3, 2018
They value opinion and I had complete autonomy in my decision making process with much success! Enjoyed working with multiple departments and being part of the success
Good Place to Work, Advancement is a challenge
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 2, 2018
Overall NBCU is a good place to work. Salaries are competitive and has a good work life balance. Advancement and internal mobility is challenging and relationships are everything.
Ambiente agradable, jefes competitivo y muchas mas como el cafe
Editor (Former Employee) –  EditorDecember 2, 2018
Tuve el privilegio de trabajar un un tiempo en tan prestigiosa empresa y fue un tiempo 3 a 5 meses excelente y me gustaría seguir con ustedes, mil gracias por la oportunidad si la tengo
Pros
Seguro
Cons
Uno encontré ninguno a DIOS gracias
Fun work environment just low pay
Audio Visual Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 2, 2018
The tech roles were different every day and the people that work there are fantastic, I just believe they should pay their employees more.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the people and the shows, the casts were great entertainment and the shows are always high quality.

The hardest part of the job was getting time off and the pay is so low.
Pros
Discounts and free park entry
Cons
Low pay and no benefits unless you're full time
Fun
Cook for pantry (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CADecember 1, 2018
So much to say but its a happy go enviroment. Laid back with so many talented and gifted people. Chefs are super nice dressed to impress. Free admission for employees
Professional, team oriented, employee benefits are great, even for part time employees. Great work atmosphere. Lots of opportunity for career move
Catering Server (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, CANovember 29, 2018
If you don't mind being friendly, attentive, and helpful then you will benefit and enjoy working at Universal. This works equally when interacting with fellow employees as well as park guest. Hours may be long some days but Universal is very good at taking care of there employees.
Pros
Discounts/Employee stocks and 401k, healthcare benefits
Cons
Business dictates all decisions in the park
Nice place to work
Telecommunications Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 28, 2018
Nice and fun place to work. Its a very fast pace environment, which in operation 24 x 7. There are many talented employees and a great environment to learn from peers.
Great place to work!
Security Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 28, 2018
Fast paced type "A" bldg.
Constantly busy, iconic atmosphere. Top 5 terrorist target in NY.
High profile. Large # guards, multi-faceted work environment.

Visited by hundreds of tourists per day, live shows, high profile guests including political and entertainment personnel from around the world.
Pros
great experience

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NBCUniversal. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP30%
In the Top 30% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at NBCUniversal.

Powered by Comparably