NBCUniversal Employee Reviews

Found 1,637 reviews matching the search See all 1,730 reviews
Great Boss and flexible work environment
Senior BPC Developer (SAP BPC 10.1 HANA) (Current Employee) –  Englewood Cliffs, NJJuly 16, 2018
Overall good working environment . The contract to hire positions are not always considered for full time positions. Pay scale is really low . Great flexibility and working environment
Easy Apply and work
Harry Potter Ride Operator (Current Employee) –  Universal City, CAJuly 11, 2018
Easy job with friendly coworkers. It can be stressful with irate guests and people asking the same questions every day, but it is different experiences.
Good for entry level
PRODUCER/PHOTO EDITOR (Former Employee) –  Universal City, CAJuly 10, 2018
I was with the company a long time and rose from intern to vice president (surviving the NBCU merger). Did not survive the Comcast merger very long. There is growth potential if you start out in support positions and work your way up. Once you reach management, opportunities are limited.
Pros
Big company with lots of resources and perks.
Cons
Easy to get lost on a large team or with a bad manager.
Production Associate
News Anchor (Former Employee) –  Parkland, FLJuly 10, 2018
It has it's up and downs. Working there was fun and competitive. I enjoyed the perks of working at a tv station. I stayed informed and was involved and many of the monthly community events.
Director of Global Real Estate
Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 4, 2018
I was able to work with many great leaders and one of my mentors. I still keep in touch with their CFO and their SVP of HR - both great guys. Sometimes I wonder why I ever left.
Pros
Access to send leadership, growth programs
Cons
N/a
wouldnt work here again
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 2, 2018
remember, when your a single mother or father and you have a emergency that you have to get to, they will let you go. Very disappointing work experience
Pros
was a very busy place
Cons
didnt have any empathy for emergancies
the warehouse was a fun place to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 2, 2018
The employees at the warehouse are a great bunch of people, and very close knit. Its a very hot hard job but it is rewarding. There are alot of perks.
Amazing job
Show Control (Former Employee) –  Universal City, CAJune 30, 2018
Great training, great people, was an amazing place to work and be a part of the amazing attractions that the park has to offer to its guests. would definitely work there again.
Pros
amazing environment, perks, felt valued
If you can sell, sure, it's good.
Retention / Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fife, WAJune 29, 2018
I have never worked for a more greedy company than Comcast. I worked in inbound saled, and they structured their commission payouts contingent with the number of lines of business you would sell. What disgusted me about this job was that in order for you to add commission to your paycheck, you needed to sell more business to the customer, even if they absolutely did not need it.

For example, if there was a seasonal promotion for reps to sell as much HBO as they can, they would get awards of some kind. So that means, I would need to sell HBO to a 70 year old customer who hardly watches TV at all for the sake of me fattening my paycheck. I do not agree with this at all, and frankly, find it unethical. Horrible company, always out for their bottom line. Everything else is a distant second.
Pros
Huge paycheck **if you can sell a lot**, office environment (AC/Heating), flexible schedule shifts
Cons
Calls of no sales go against your sales, therefore decreasing your earning potential, Management is horrible, If no commission is made on your paycheck, base salary is almost minimum wage
Great culture, always learning
Digital Ad Sales (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 27, 2018
Great work culture, people respect each other.
Work life balance is very good and people understand life is not just about work.
Opportunity to learn about everything and anything you want because the company is huge.
Pros
Lively environment, great work life balance
Cons
No advancement of career path, takes a long time for a change to be affected
Disappointment
Not Displayed. (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 26, 2018
1 word, disappointing. Would not recommend this to anyone wanting to work in a profesisonal environment. Ridicule, degrading, abusive are the most descriptive when it came to my position.
Customer Support Representative II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 22, 2018
Great place to work I wish I was still there. There were many things to learn. Management is very educated on ethics and compliance. We also had great perks.
Pros
Great pay lots of perks
Cons
Angry customers
Very fun place to work in. Meet new people
Steward (Former Employee) –  United StatesJune 22, 2018
It's a great environment to work in. At time it can get stressful depending of the day and time and if it's holidays but overall it's a great place! Meeting new people and getting to know your coworkers. Make long time friends. Environment is awesome.
Poor Organization
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 21, 2018
Poor Company, no room for advancement. Management only cares about their own compensation and are lazy egomaniacs.

No team players, poor training and the company does not invest in their employees.
Great Place
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 21, 2018
easy to learn, great place, tons of people, management know their stuff, sometimes they allow overtimes, you can call in sick up tp 10 times a month.
Pros
FREE universal
Cons
lots of people
Fast Paced, Fun Working Environment with Great Management and Amazing Advancement Oppotunities
Attractions Attendant, Skull Island, Reign of Kong (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 21, 2018
I absolutely loved working here. My favorite job I have ever had. Amazing Management with even better job advancement opportunities. Very fast paced, but ultimately very mellow.
Pros
frequent breaks, discounts, and entry into all three parks
Cons
healthcare, dental
The best
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 20, 2018
NBCUniversal has so much going on, and there is so much to learn about and do at the company. They are good to you as long as you are good to them! If you can work here, you are one of the luckiest and most hardworking people.
Fun!
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 20, 2018
It was so fun to work on this show though it was only for a brief period of time! I learned a lot while also being very involved with the show itself!
Great!
Writers' Research Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 20, 2018
NBCUniversal becomes a home soon after you start working there. Your experience is what you make of it, but the company is good to you as long as you are good to them!
Fast paced and fun workplace.
Booking Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTJune 20, 2018
Very difficult work, but rewarding. Coworkers are like family because you spend so much time in the office. Never gets dull because you work on new topics and with new people every week.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NBCUniversal. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

64out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at NBCUniversal.

Powered by Comparably