NBCUniversal

NBCUniversal Employee Reviews

United States2,874 reviews

Found 2,874 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,083 reviews
universalnbcuniversalnbcuparknewsstudiocomcasttelevision

Very Good team and best environment to work.

This is the best place to work with team and the people are very nice to get along with. Every one has patience and I never felt that I'm working even if I stay late at work.

Pros

nice team events

Cons

as a contractor i'm not eligible for any benefits. but i'm good with the pay.

People were great and interesting work. Management changed for the worse.

Company was great to work for until IT and Cyber security leadership changed a few years ago. Then it became a terrible place to work with micro-mangement culture. Good people had to leave.

Pros

Facility benefits people

Cons

IT & Cyber Security leadership

NBCUniversal insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Supportive environment
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction

There was clearly not a level of support

Makeup hair and wardrobe was not supported there was never a budget also no room for salary increase. The basic pay there for most is 30,000 a year. We were told to get a second job.

Pros

Free food

Cons

To many people to work on for one person

Great environment, although stressful as times

The place isn’t bad, very nice and the environment is enjoyable especially to those who like sports. The main issue is that the place gets very busy. Additionally, it’s around this time of the year that it’s at its worst with Halloween Horror Nights and what not. With this comes nonstop running up flights of stairs, running around the massive restaurant giving out food. It gets to be very tiring for all 8 hours.

A great time

Working at NBCUNIVERSAL was and will always be remembered. I can’t say enough about the people who work there. Everyone was always willing to help out or answer questions. Working on the tech and mobile app division is like being a golden child. You were able to have a lot of benefits. The backlot studio area was a small town by itself. It is somewhat like being in high school in that almost everyone goes to lunch at the same time and goes to one of the cafes on site. If you’re an older person (40 and up) you might feel out of place among so many younger coworkers. I would have liked to see more diversity in the age.. Everyone was very welcoming and friendly though. The work itself can be strenuous at times but there’s a feeling of camaraderie and team effort that makes completing the project seem worth it. Even the top bosses there were always available for you to have a chat. It’s a great place and I’m glad I had the opportunity to have this experience.

Extra work for less pay

You will find yourself doing way more than what is in the job description. This job will give you anxiety if you don’t already have it. Extremely short staffed almost all of the time.

Great place to work if you have thick skin and live close

Great wait staff fast paced and finally under good management. There is an attendance points system, though, so there's that. Tips are fairly good but guests get away with treating waitstaff horrible i.e. throwing food at a server because it was" cold". Totally not acceptable in my book.

Poor Work Culture

Senior Project Manager and Supervisors were not helpful. Very territorial. Huge workloads without the compensation. The only thing nice was being able to go to Universal Studios on our lunch break and get on the rides for free if we wanted to. Also because of our employee badges we could get in to the theme park with family and bypass all the long lines for the rides. That was cool.

Just another warm body, overworked and underpaid

I was first excited to be working here, and the company encourages fairness, but now I'm finding out they don't really seem to care at all about me or my job. I never get support from supervisors, the hours are horrible, the benefits are great, but the pay is below the company average. Only favorites get any perks or good shifts. They expect quality work, and we get graded, but there are no incentives or perks

Pros

Good Benefits

Cons

poor scheduling, high volume calls, poor management

Qwerty

Excelente ambiente laboral. Lo recomiendo a cualquier persona con deseo de crecer.

Health benefits are good, but if you don't think the same way watch out!

Ive worked for NBC for 15+ years, very loyal to the company and have gone above and beyond in my role bringing my best self every day. I used to commute to 30 Rock everyday, very exciting, but my role is mostly administration and could honestly be done from the moon if there was internet service. Since the pandemic, my life has changed drastically. I moved 100 miles from the city to be closer to family and purchased a home (after waiting 18 months for them to bring us back). Never skipped a beat in my job and even pioneered how to effectively do the job from home. Now, I constantly live in anxiety and fear that I will be fired for not wanting to return to the the office. I like my job, I generally like the people I work with. Its a job and you don't have to like everyone, but you all work together to create something cool. My productions continue to struggle with COVID and theyve all changed how they produce shows and they have never wanted or needed me on location. Its a small perk being on location. If someone interesting was on, I could go down to a studio and sit in the back, but after 15+ years, a celebrity is a celebrity is a celebrity. Now it comes down to sitting in front of a computer screen in NY vs. sitting in front of a computer screen in PA. Top Level management just wants people to comply at this point and are unwilling to discuss or negotiate concessions.

Pros

the people are friendly and just want to pump out good content

Cons

comply or they will find a way to get rid of you

Everyday was different and adventuresome.

I am retired now but I loved working at NBCUniversal. I worked in various departments such as Tech services doing various electrical/electronic installations and troubleshooting work.Management was great to work with listening to your input. I really liked working with all of the people there.There were really no hard parts of the job, I just considered them challenges.

Great place to work , too much favoritism

I loved working here. Everything was great, except they were often sketchy about telling you specifics regarding benefits and pay. Also, not very flexible unless you're friends with management.

Pros

Travel opportunities, meet celebrities, work high end events, good pay, benefit opportunities

Cons

Favoritism, not very flexible

Fun, amazing, caring company

NBC Universel Studios Orlando is the best place I have ever worked. The pay is fair. Promotion is available. Transfer to other departments is available. They truly care about their team. If you want to learn more, they help you reach your goals. If you want to move up, they inspire you and help you do it. The benefits are amazing. The HR team is open, friendly and knowledgeable. Management is open to discuss with you your goals and helpful at leading you in the right direction. They do not discriminate against anyone. It is hands down the only company I've ever worked for that truly welcomes opinions and feedback from the team. They reward good ideas. The reward safety. They reward good work. Pay raises are fair. Promotions are fair. Ability to change careers within the company is absolutely amazing. The fact you are excited to get up and go into work speaks volumes. This is a company that once you get here, you WANT to spend the rest of your working life with them. Retirement plans are out of the world easy to set up with them. I would definitely recommend (I do quite often) this company to anyone looking to have a lifelong career in one company!

Nice to work

Nice place to work. Coworkers are the best around everyone is like a close knit family. It’s news so it can be hectic sometime and then some time is calm

Amazing Internship Experience!

NBCUniversal was one of the best internship experiences ever. I learned so much in my short summer there and it truly helped me learn what I want to do in life!

Pros

Lots of Intern perks and development days

Cons

Can be a little daunting but my supervisors were awesome

Good Company

Good managers, very good work/life balance, and made some great friends while working there. It's very laid back as long as everyone gets all their work done. Overall, a pleasant experience.

Pros

work/life balance, great culture

Cons

low pay, career advancement difficult

Excellent family work balance.

I feel appreciated in all I do. My Managers respect my opinion and prove to be a great resource for complicated situations. I am always learning new tasks that keep me engaged. The work environment makes me want to come to work!

Stressful /

Not the best don’t recommend overall they over work you favoritism and it’s finest don’t recommend it find something better out there it will pay off

The NBC workers

I had crews of people working for me Cabling , Fiber , Camera Placement, running power for all Departments, Setting up Studio Lights, ETC: Many contacts at NBC

Pros

Family atmosphere

Cons

Great people, great work life balance and challenging work

I’ve been there many years and never run into difficult rude people. They don’t last at NBCU. Great people to work with. Work life balance is real; it’s seen as rude to schedule people for early meetings on a Monday or late ones on a Friday. There’s an unspoken understanding. When the heat gets turned up people buckle down, but it’s never intense for the sake of nothing critical.

Pros

Great culture. Work life balance. Challenging work

Cons

Pay seems a bit lower than competition.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NBCUniversal. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

3.7Fairygodboss Score

65%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

70%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss

Compare NBCUniversal with

• NBCUniversal
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?