NBCUniversal

Clear
3.8Pay & Benefits

Found 688 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,077 reviews
universalnbcuniversalnbcuparknewsstudiocomcasttelevision

Very Good team and best environment to work.

This is the best place to work with team and the people are very nice to get along with. Every one has patience and I never felt that I'm working even if I stay late at work.

Pros

nice team events

Cons

as a contractor i'm not eligible for any benefits. but i'm good with the pay.

Poor Work Culture

Senior Project Manager and Supervisors were not helpful. Very territorial. Huge workloads without the compensation. The only thing nice was being able to go to Universal Studios on our lunch break and get on the rides for free if we wanted to. Also because of our employee badges we could get in to the theme park with family and bypass all the long lines for the rides. That was cool.

NBCUniversal insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Supportive environment
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

Just another warm body, overworked and underpaid

I was first excited to be working here, and the company encourages fairness, but now I'm finding out they don't really seem to care at all about me or my job. I never get support from supervisors, the hours are horrible, the benefits are great, but the pay is below the company average. Only favorites get any perks or good shifts. They expect quality work, and we get graded, but there are no incentives or perks

Pros

Good Benefits

Cons

poor scheduling, high volume calls, poor management

Great place to work , too much favoritism

I loved working here. Everything was great, except they were often sketchy about telling you specifics regarding benefits and pay. Also, not very flexible unless you're friends with management.

Pros

Travel opportunities, meet celebrities, work high end events, good pay, benefit opportunities

Cons

Favoritism, not very flexible

Fun, amazing, caring company

NBC Universel Studios Orlando is the best place I have ever worked. The pay is fair. Promotion is available. Transfer to other departments is available. They truly care about their team. If you want to learn more, they help you reach your goals. If you want to move up, they inspire you and help you do it. The benefits are amazing. The HR team is open, friendly and knowledgeable. Management is open to discuss with you your goals and helpful at leading you in the right direction. They do not discriminate against anyone. It is hands down the only company I've ever worked for that truly welcomes opinions and feedback from the team. They reward good ideas. The reward safety. They reward good work. Pay raises are fair. Promotions are fair. Ability to change careers within the company is absolutely amazing. The fact you are excited to get up and go into work speaks volumes. This is a company that once you get here, you WANT to spend the rest of your working life with them. Retirement plans are out of the world easy to set up with them. I would definitely recommend (I do quite often) this company to anyone looking to have a lifelong career in one company!

Stretching Good Workers Thin

Let's start with the good: It's a nice building with some genuinely good people and plenty of exciting work to go around. That's about where it stops. The dispersion of workload and job responsibilities between teams is a long standing problem never addressed. Productive, proactive members of the team are rewarded with picking up the slack for their not as productive counterparts. Some members of the team in charge of delegating such responsibilities are able to, for example, read books, browsing multiple sites, or even play computer games, while others work right up until the deadlines getting several tasks completed for shows. There is no accountability, upper management allows this absolute unilateral and flawed system to persist no matter how many workers leave. Wide-eyed newcomers may volunteer for many tasks hoping to prove themselves and growth within the company. Instead of supporting these people who improve work culture and morale, management wears them down gradually. They subject them to sporadic and unsustainable scheduling to cover the various job tasks they volunteer for, they will not pay them a wage worthy of the work they perform for the company, they will allow less proactive team members to pawn their responsibilities off on them, and worse of all, they will be blamed slip in productivity or mistakes. No one wants to address the real problem: the unsupportive work culture. And poor work life balance. To summarize plainly: good work ethic is punished here. Being a willing and proactive employee should be praised anywhere. Here they will smile, encourage, -

An exciting place to work where you will learn a lot

Definitely enjoyed my time working for NBC Sports. Experiences you would get nowhere else. Some awesome perks, consistent swag give outs, and you get to meet some great people from all over the world. Can be difficult to advance in certain departments.

Pros

Unique Experiences, Travel Perks/Benefits, Great Training Ground, Exciting People

Cons

Work/Life Balance, Homebase Flexibility (High Costs)

The Benefits are Amazing

NBCunivsersal is a great place to work and has great benefits and perks, they will work with so you can spend time with your family good place for your career

Good culture in the company

Good place to work at. Culture of the company is good. Pay and compensation is low.Promotions are rare. Work-life balance is good.You get lots of goodies during major sports events.

Pros

Lunches, goodies during major sports.

Cons

Low Pay, company politics

Great benefits and perks. Management is great too.

Communication is great at this company. Management are true leaders and care for everyone as individuals. The benefits are outstanding. The only problem here is the remote opportunities are scarce, and promotions are also scarce.

compensation and work life balance

great place to work. good mentoring. stable hours (unless news breaks). good work life balance due to my early shift. nice place for entry level employees. lots of room to grow

Pros

compensation

Cons

sometimes upper management is indecisive

Great training programs , great benefits and clean environment

Loved the job and everything it offered. Great training program to learn that you’ll be doing and amazing benefits for you and your family as well as your mental health

Pros

Great benefits Great building to work in

Cons

Low base pay

Okay environment. Decent compensation, however not competitive with other Media/Technology industry.

Focus is on the East and West Coast locations, Colorado employees tend to get the short end of the stick. Company lacks support and appreciation of associates. Decent pay and benefits, however not highly competitive for the industry. Managers that are promoted tend to be inexperienced and could use more professional training. Many technological work arounds to band-aid issues.

Pros

Decent pay Decent benefits

Cons

Technology not advanced Managers not experienced Not a open environment for questions

Awesome Company

Hands down of the best companies to work for! Amazing culture and people! Five stars all the way around. I highly recommend working here. The benefits are really good and they have a very supportive work environment.

Benefits

Great company to work for

Been working for NBCU for 2 years, started out as a contractor, and converted to FTE later on. I love working at NBCU, company culture is amazing, people are awesome and even contractors get treated like they are FTE. Management is great and always ready to accommodate if you need to take some time off. This is a drama-free environment, health benefits, PTOs, personal day leaves, sick leaves and free Universal tickets for FTE are great perks to have. I'll keep working at NBCU for as long as I can.

Pros

Work/home balance, Benefits, Company perks/gifts

Cons

Big company, can be slow getting project requirements

It's Okay

NBC has some great company perks and benefits but the pay isn't as competitive. It's an okay environment to be around depending on your department. Lack of diversity.

Pros

good please

Cons

no work life balance

Very nice

I like it and the benefits are great. Work is very balanced, met people who are now my closest friends working here. The company definitely has great benefits

I love NBC.

NBC has always been a goal of mine to work for. It’s lived up to my expectations and more! I’ve loved every moment working there. I just wish there were more fair and steady hours for production.

Pros

Friendship, safe work environment, equal opportunity, equal pay.

Cons

No healthcare as a contractor, tough/long hours, sporadic work schedule.

Good benefits, terrible environment

Job has great perks and benefits package. Generous amounts of time off. Work environment is lousy. No chance of advancement.

Pros

Benefit package, 401k

Cons

Disgruntled employees

Rewarding, exhausting, and incredible experience

a typical day consisted of 12 hours of work overnight for 3 weeks with no days off. It was grueling and exhausting but ultimately an absolutely special once-in-a-lifetime experience I cherish fondly but will probably never do again.

Pros

Free hotel, transport, and food

Cons

No days off, burnout, low pay

Remote

I started at the very beginning of the pandemic and NBC was amazing at helping me set up remotely. I’ve yet to step into the office so speaking from remote it was a good job with great benefits.

Pros

Benefits, remote work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NBCUniversal. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 35%
In the Top 35% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at NBCUniversal.
Powered byComparably