NBCUniversal

Found 2,255 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,379 reviews

NBCUniversal insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Supportive environment

Very Good team and best environment to work.

This is the best place to work with team and the people are very nice to get along with. Every one has patience and I never felt that I'm working even if I stay late at work.

Pros

nice team events

Cons

as a contractor i'm not eligible for any benefits. but i'm good with the pay.

Great work environment

Management is understandable. Team projects are a blast. Work life balance is manageable and not too stressful depending on deliverables for the week.

Pros

Work environment

Good

Was a nice place to work. Learn a lot. People you meet was one of the best part. Lots of changes though and moving departments around. Growth varied.

Pros

Fun environment

Cons

Lots of changes

Remote

I started at the very beginning of the pandemic and NBC was amazing at helping me set up remotely. I’ve yet to step into the office so speaking from remote it was a good job with great benefits.

Pros

Benefits, remote work

Great Pay Many Opportunities

Great company with a lot of work during professional sport seasons. Great benefits and friendly, family oriented staff. Work is available all over the country.

Your UO experience will vary on your personal goals.

UO is a great place for out-of-college grads, it is not an easy place to be if you have any actual experience in any other industry. The culture is concrete and poor to adapt to change. Historically bad business practices and coveted and protected. Long-term upper divisional management interpersonal relationships create very poor and hostile working conditions. Fraud and poor business practices are protected activities. NBCU largely protects and covers for these actions to avoid the legal consequences of guest PI and shareholder compliance reporting issues.

Pros

Free stuff, perks

Cons

Poor pay, very difficult working environments.

Complete lack of work/life balance and poor pay

Long work days for very little pay. Limited upward mobility. Promotions are very hard to come by. There can be perks to working here, but they don't outweigh the cons.

Educational

Overall I good place to work. Great benefit package. Lots of time off if needed. Advancements are available. The company encourages individuals to take full advantage of the tools provided.

Fun place to work

It can be a fun place to work, just network with the right people and try to stay out of drama. Choose your department wisely because that will make all of the difference

pay and career movement

great place to work. learned alot. gave me many travel opportunities during my 25 year career. hope to end my work career here at nbc news. they're the best in the business.

Pros

pay

Cons

morale

No better place to work and feel happy about it. If you want greatness, you'll get it here but only if your determined and motivated. Universal is like a family that promotes from within.

Toxic work environment. Workers treated little cattle. Sick days are provided but frowned upon if used

A very toxic environment. On several occasions I was asked to do things that were not legal. Failure to do these things were often met with reprisals. No chance for advancement unless you left the company to work somewhere else and then returned in the future to a better position.

Pros

Standard Healthcare

Cons

Sick days taken were frowned upon

Meh

Great benefits but low pay and no room to grow. I'll have to leave the company to move up in the industry. I think there is great culture and I would love to stay if there was a promotion and better pay.

good boss bad colleagues

no room for growth but those in management can help you every step of the way . easy to get days off but you will be living paycheck to paycheck. the job itself is pretty boring and stressful

Pros

great boss

Cons

terrible colleagues

Good Dental, Health Insurance, 401k the bad alot of zoom meetings, 10hr - 14hr shift days no extra pay if your on salary.

Got paid 40 hours a week would work 45-50 hours on salary no extra pay, management was not very good 18 people quit since being at the company 2 years, other people got holiday's off had to do extra work, equipment would always break down every week during live shows, 4-5 zoom meetings a day co-workers would talk about other things personal life had nothing to do with the job when it was time to work would start late.

Pros

Good Benifits

Cons

Bad management

If you like "hurry up and wait" this is for you

Good part-time job. A lotta down time between scenes so I managed to read a few novels and stuff while I waited. Some days can be 12 hours and outside in the elements, but you still get to warm up indoors between setups. Other days you can work for 4 hours, but get paid for 8! The food is great and they feed you all meals if you work all day, plus craft services is there if you need a snack. If you become "Core" background you can work full-time, however compensation might not be enough. If you aren't core your work is entirely based on if you get accepted for casting calls, so be aware of that. I've worked for a week straight to then not have any work for two weeks. I did it mostly as supplemental income and I wanted to be on TV, so it worked out for my situation.

Productive and fun workplace culture

Excellent company with very bright team members. Universal cares about its employees. The best overall firm I have worked for in my engineering career.

Pros

Discounts on painting with a twist to allow employees to meet outside of workplace

Fun Company!

Worked as a production PA and had a great time. Really good way to kick off your career and work with so many different teams at once. Solid pay with the union once you move up.

Pros

free lunch

Great Place to work!

NBCUniversal is a great place to work. The company is huge so there is alot of opportunities to move up or move around. It is very fast paced so you've got to be willing to work hard to move ahead. It was definitely a good work experience.

Pros

good benefits, challenging work

Cons

constant change and re-organization

Office Politics at it's finest...

Not much to say other than that office politics run this organization...Hard work isn't enough at this company. If they don't like you for whatever reason, you will have to work 4 times as hard to stay relevant.

Pros

Work Balance

Cons

Office politics

Was a fun place to work

Exciting content to work on and excellent team members. Work life balance can be an issue at times depending on the department you find yourself in..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NBCUniversal. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.0Personal Development
3.4Career Opportunities
2.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare NBCUniversal with

• NBCUniversal
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?