NCCI Holdings, Inc. Employee Reviews

Featured review
NCCI Holdings, Inc. selected this as a representative review
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 27, 2018
The company is very goal oriented. They provide the expectations, tools to accomplish the tasks, and a time frame. The rewards are offered in perks for completing the goals effectively.
Pros
Free Gym Membership Onsite
Cons
Some jobs are dead end positions.
Great place to work!
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 17, 2018
Supportive management, career advancement, promoting from within, amazing benefits, gourmet cafeteria, and other nice perks make work a decent experience.
Pros
YMCA gym on site - free to use, YMCA daycare on site, excellent 401(k), supportive management, generous amount of time off
Cons
A lot of jobs only open up through attrition
Very Bureaucratic
Other administrative (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 7, 2018
A very bureaucratic environment. Leadership cliques prevent adequate and fair employee recognition. However, employee benefits for very desirable and company's work/life balance was fair.
NCCI is a great place to work
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 20, 2018
I love working here. There is a great environment here where people work together to achieve goals with quality in mind. As I navigate through the building daily I'm pretty sure I say Hi about 200 times! Everyone is very friendly!
Pros
Great benefits and yearly bonus
Cons
Located in S. Florida
Great Company Culture
Experience Rating Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boca RatonMarch 11, 2018
Very relaxed atmosphere. Flexible work schedule. Ability to work from home once per week (varies by department). Friendly people to work with. Great benefits. On site kids daycare, gym, cafeteria and coffee shop.

Culture promotes good work life balance, healthy living, and supporting the community.

Can be hard to find regular career advancement opportunities if you are not in the actuarial department.

Experience rating job can be monotonous. But you are allowed to wear headphones to listen to music/audio books which helps.

Pay for experience rating analyst could be better. But not too bad considering the work is not that demanding. Benefits make up for it. A lot of new hires see this position as a stepping stone.
Pros
PTO. Workplace culture. People. Benefits.
Cons
Career Advancement, Pay
Great Facility
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLDecember 9, 2017
Employees enjoy working here because of the on-site cafeteria, Starbucks cafe, fitness center, child daycare, dry cleaning services, and outdoor spaces.
Pros
Nice building
Cons
Resistant to change
Entry level role
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLNovember 15, 2017
Work was boring and monotonous. Plug away 8 hours a day just hitting keys. Nothing special about the job. Leadership would inflate performance numbers to make themselves look better.
Company with great benefits
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLOctober 12, 2017
Great company to work for, highly skilled employees and long tenure employments. Upper management has been consistent for years very little changes in the company
NCCI was probably the best place I have ever worked for
Software Support Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 8, 2017
NCCI has probably been the best place I have ever worked for. I ended up leaving NCCI after the loss of our 2nd child. We needed a change and decided to move to the Orlando area, but if this unfortunate event would have never happened, I would probably be still working for NCCI. This was a great company to work where you had supportive and caring people. I still remember the days when Phyllis Lodico and Michael Spears ran the Customer Support division. I also remember when Bill Schrempf was ousted back in 2001, right after 09/11, following a wave of bad publicity about flags in the workplace. All he was trying to avoid was unnecessary nationalist fervor after the 09/11 terrorist attack. He understood that having any flag from any country could cause conflict amongst employees, but his intentions were misunderstood. What was interesting was that this policy had been implemented months before the 09/11 attacks, but the media twisted and caused an uproar. Anyhow, this was a great company to work for and I had great managers. For starters, I had Casey Ghee, and then I had the fortune to work for Irania Acevedo. They were both amazing and fair managers. If I were to move back to South Florida, NCCI would be the place I would go back to work for. I have many good and fond memories of that place!
Pros
Beautiful Campus, Great People, Great Culture
Cons
None that I could think of
Life at NCCI
Facilities Technician (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 16, 2017
Working at NCCI has been a very good career move. It gives me the opportunity to be more than I could at many other work establishments. Im thankful to be there.
An organization in total transition to a Fee for Service business
Vice President & Acting CFO (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 23, 2017
This company needed to change from a quasi-governmental business with no profitability goals to a Fee for Service stand alone organization interested in becoming a public company.
Pros
Quality of management and staff
Cons
Swimming upstream in a very regulated industry dominated by few players
Great company
Sr Process Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 15, 2017
Great company to work for!! Able to telecommute. Starbucks, gym, daycare on site. Beautiful office and a nice comfortable location to work. Great CEO, very interested in what employees think.
Pros
Great pay, environment
Public - Private Partnership
State Relations Executive (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 10, 2017
Every day is different. This is both exhilarating and challenging. While the corporate culture is very "home office centric" efforts are being made to expand relations with the field staff.
Micromanagement
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 4, 2017
Very poor employer extreme micromanagement. Its all about numbers to them, Management does not support the staff and only criticizes them. Unrealistic expectations from management.
Pros
Benefits great
Cons
Micromanagement
Good Company Benefits
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMarch 9, 2017
The company has a great benefits package with medical, dental, vision 401k and 4 weeks vacation. It s a nice place to work and there is little turnover.
Okay
Experience Rating Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 18, 2017
Learned a lot. Work was very detailed oriented. Benefit is excellent, paid medical, PTO is excellent and VTO time off is offered.
flexibilty is great.
Field Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 9, 2016
I enjoy working with NCCI because I can do the work on my own schedule and I am in a position to help others and that's very important to me. I enjoy multi tasking on my own.
Pros
decent pay for the time put in.
Cons
work is not consistant.
Fun Place to work
Insuraance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLNovember 27, 2016
Very customer focused and at the same time, employee friendly. I have learned a lot about the insurance industry. The company offers great benefits and awesome time off.
Excelent people oriented company.
Underwriter Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLNovember 23, 2016
This company is such a diverse company and involves its employees in every facet of the business which makes this company successful. The business places emphasis on its employees comfort by providing daycare for the working employees as well as a full staffed cafeteria for breakfast and lunch. The work environment is a blending of many different departments that work together in unison. Inter department training brings an educational product awareness that within the company help is only a phone call away.
Pros
The friendly environment and working conditions.
Cons
Application processing during peak season can become overwhelming.
Stressful atmosphere, very high expectations of job performance
Experience Rating Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 14, 2016
While high expectations is understandable, the management style and communication were focused on results overall at the expense of the associate. Analysts' performance was viewed with production/quality results only. Quality team put a lot of pressure on analysts, analysts were on disciplinary actions if they were below a standard of 96% accuracy, very little training or support provided.
Decent work hours if you are an early bird!
Customer Service Specialist-Mods Team (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FL 33487April 11, 2016
Work hours are early but your day usually ends by 5 pm. Ok work culture and staff nothing to special. Your day depends on the guest you serve.
Pros
Free lunch, pay, work hours
Cons
boring

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NCCI Holdings, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about