NCH Healthcare System
59Below average

NCH Healthcare System Employee Reviews

United States152 reviews
Seasonal contract is definitely the way to go to make the most money.
As far as Healthcare systems go, this is a pretty typical, middle of the road company. Most of the doctors are approachable and work with the rest of the staff in a team environment. The night charge nurses are willing to help and supportive. Overall, a good company to work for in the area.
Great teaching
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the staff and patient care. Also had the opportunity to float to different floors as well as the downtown hospital.
Appreciative medical staff
The medical staff showed their appreciation for those of us in medical staff services. They knew we were the ones to get new LIPs and APPs on staff and they did their part when needed
Poor Management
Work environment was pleasant; 30% of the time:

Pros: Great practitioners; quick to teach you, hands on, and very compassionate. Company offers great benefits.

Cons: Poor management; favoritism, unfairness and unorganized. This will cause burnout for any individual, and very unpleasant environment to work for.
Horrible salaries...
Terrible job. Uncompensated, and miserable. We work like animals, and we never increase our salary. Compared to other works as phlebotomy around the Naples area, it is abusive and unpaid ...
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Leave a review. Help people like you.
NCH is a magnet hospital
They have top of the line equipment, they are a magnet hospital, the proper supplies and equipment are provided to do your job and keep the patient safe.
Pros
Magnet hospital status, location
Cons
the traffic getting to work
Quiet and fun work environment
I worked as a volunteer over the summer at the guest services desk. It was overall a pleasant experience. There was always a security guard with me who would make sure I was comfortable and helped me with anything I needed. It was a simple job, I would help family and friends find their loved one's room, and sometimes assist them to the room itself.
Great team
Working for this company was so great in many ways! Great team members, awesome benifits, flexible days and hours, great pay and good communication with the company!
It's a good job
Nice people and a good job. The people are nice I like working here it's a good place to work. It's a chill place to work for me at least i like the position I had.
time off
we cannot get two weeks off when we want them. It is a great company but there are issue with certain staff that do not let you have the vacation time you deserve
I would give them a 1 star
It company that don't care about there employee and if a person like working for a place that just care to have a body on there floor to work that it always stress at that place never get the help needed to the job after work always in pain
Good Place to work.
Good place to work.Busy place and sometimes poor communication.
Need to pay more . A lot of work but not good pay.

Benefits are very good .Training is also good before start.
Horrible place to work
If you’re looking for a place to work where management thinks your personal time is theirs to do whatever they want, NCH IS THE PERFECT place for you. Especially the security department. Work for NCH Security and give up your life.
Learning experience
Training is given as you work. You have to be able to work under pressure and have emotional intelligence. There's no employee recognition program. In almost a year of working, there has been no performance review discussion. The most enjoyable part of the job is making patients happy.
Best job
Best job I have ever had in all the jobs I have ever done every time I come to work I am excited because I know I’m in a healthy work environment. I love what I do
HR Leadership lacks knowledge and basic HR competencies
The HR Leadership is negative. Turnover is so high because you have unqualified people in HR roles that have no clue. The turnover in the HR Department alone should be reviewed. The turnover within the first 90 days of NCH should be reviewed.

It is wrong to hire people into your organization who come with credentials and expertise that you claim you need and then once they are an employee, you give them menial work to do. HR Leadership is scared of their own shadow because they are incompetent and so, anyone who comes in that shows the slightest knowledge, is automatically targeted.

HR Leadership targets, then gets their "employees" to say negative things about individuals that are not true as a means and a way eliminate you so that you can't fight back.

This is Dictatorship 101
Save yourself a trip
I don’t even know where to begin with this hospital. They do NOT care about the CT department what so ever. You can expect to be consistently understaffed and not compensated for it. Usually at the hospitals it’s one tech per scanner. The outpatient facilities have more techs per scanner, because that’s how the hospital makes their money. They don’t care about patient or tech safety. You can always expect mandated overtime during season. You’ll also be expected to transport your own patients, do your own paperwork, answer phone calls, and scan at the same time. The turn around for this department is insanely high! I wouldnt waste my time applying, the sign on bonuses are a joke. It’s extremely easy to get burnt out.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Poor management, low wages, understaffing
Not fair with employees
The managment at the business office is unfair and will not listen to your concerns. She is unfair. And she let's the employees fight and does nothing about it.
Love the Community
For the best of three years I've worked there. The fulfillment of my day by day felt great for what I did. I had a good rapport with my fellow co-workers but I felt that management and upper management respectively never saw the work we did, and often felt disjointed with our work.

Customer care made the job worthwhile to me, but ultimately the area is too expensive for the position, and I found myself struggling at the end of the month.

Overall, great experience.
Pros
Great Community, Comprehensive benifits
Cons
Short Breaks, Draconian Tardy Policy, low pay for area.
Love north NCH hate downtown
Have favorites. Very prejudice. I never was written up , never had a problem, always did my work while the favorites goofed off. Instead the hard workers were constantly picked at. NEVER work for downtown NCH I was let go for false accusations that didn’t even have clear proof. I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND ANYONE HERE‼️
Pros
Cons
Bad management
Current atmosphere
They are undergoing change, and time will tell how things work out. They have the potential to be a good organization, but have currently lost sight of that.
Pros
nice area
Cons
patient safety is not a priority
Ask a question about working or interviewing at NCH Healthcare System. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8