NCH Healthcare System Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
I worked for 2 years as a seasonal employee and then took a full time position a year ago.
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJune 14, 2018
The staff at NCH are a good group. They all work together and help each other out. Great team work. The department manager is new, only been here a few months.
I took the full time position because I wanted to stay, but it is a night position and I have been waiting for over a year now for an opportunity to come back to the day shift.
The best part about the job is the respiratory consult service. The therapist evaluates each patient by reviewing admitting diagnosis, patients medical history, patient assessment, chest X-rays, home medications that are taken and the program formulates a treatment plan for that patient based on information gathered by the therapists. Respiratory therapist can modify or delete any unnecessary therapy that is ordered with a few exceptions.
The hardest part of the job for me is getting called off my shift 2 hours prior to starting my shift if census is low.
I am still employed at NCH but would love the opportunity to work at John Hopkins. I would love to be be given the opportunity to learn something new.
Pros
respiratory consult service, great staff who have been with NCH long time
Cons
call offs, working night shift
Mixed Opinions
Pediatrics Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLMay 30, 2018
I have mixed opinions about NCH, overall it is not a bad place to work. You do feel replaceable, my nursing manager was not qualified, and raises are few and far between. However, they do have excellent benefits, great locations, and you have the ability to move between departments rather easily.
productive
Operating Room Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLMay 16, 2018
very good company to work for. Their salary could be hire than what it actually is, as other companies pay alot more, i worked for them for 1 year had a very good team
Worth taking the first flight to another hospital
Cardiac Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLMay 14, 2018
Patient care inadequate because of the disorganization, disrespectful, unfair treatment by supervisors and HR
They made working here worst experience.
Pros
Pretty Garden
Cons
Too many
Medical Assistant Clinical Lead (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLMay 8, 2018
Besides feeling that certain people might have it out for you, the benefit is knowing you can ultimately reach someone that is in the middle and has nothing to do with either side, yet take care of the issue. Lot of drama, but overall patient care is primary role. no matter who or what
Not a person, merely an ID number
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLApril 19, 2018
I’ve never worked in an environment that feels like this one does. Mandatory OT, punitive, no sense of job security and reminded its a privilege to be employed here by administration. They will say they value your work but their actions are quite the opposite. Contracts only mean something if it serves them because as I learned, policy apparently trumps a contract and can be changed or interpreted however they deem suits their needs. I truly feel like I don’t matter to this organization anymore after over a decade of service. Heartbreaking to say the least because this WAS a fantastic place to work!!
Pros
Some coworkers
Cons
Poor admin, not getting paid for working through lunch breaks, poor nurse retention
Don't work here
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLApril 14, 2018
This company thinks they are the best in southwest Florida. Nurses are smart because they have great education department but they don't pay here. They don't care about patients. Beware!
Pros
Great education
Cons
everything
Good team members; not the best place to work at.
Staff Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  physicians regionalApril 13, 2018
A little bit disorganized. Management is not the best. They need to better their system, and represent their employees; they need to advocate more for those working for them.
fun and good
House keeping (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLApril 11, 2018
i dit like nch.i learn i lot..real nice people to work good costumer to work..and good supervisor..and workers and nurses...good food from sedexo company..
Don't work here
Emergency Room Nurse (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLApril 9, 2018
There is a lot of favoritism and if you are in then you are golden but if you are not in that group you are placed in unsafe conditions. There is a lot of back stabbing and one upmanship. The manager not only condones this behavior but also fosters it. The typical work day was in a busy ER and the easiest part of the job was patient care. The political atmosphere was very difficult to deal with. I have never been more glad to leave a job.
Pros
very few good people
Cons
atmosphere pay health benefits if you can call it that

Comment – April 16, 2018

This review is for NCH Healthcare, not NCH Corporation. NCH Corporation does not hire ER nurses or work in the healthcare space.

I do not recommend
Unit Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLMarch 20, 2018
Understaffed, Overworked, minimal Appreciation. Failure for management to correct same mistakes year after year. I learned I cannot depend on anyone but myself and a very few select people.
Pros
Decent benefits
The place needs a Union
HR Executive (Former Employee) –  Downtown NaplesMarch 19, 2018
Everyone, especially the nurses are over worked, under paid, horrible vacation accrual schedule, does not offer “comp time”. Management receives huge bonuses every year, on the backs of their hard working employees. They need a union. Now.
Cons
Extremely stressful place to work! Major mgmt problems,Bad leadership
ED Quick Reg Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLMarch 19, 2018
Extremely stressful place to work! Major mgmt problems,Bad leadership, to many chiefs and not enough Indians. I would not recommend anyone I know to apply to work for this organization
Working on the skilled nursing home floor was rewarding since I helped to get the patients well enough to go home.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol, VAMarch 10, 2018
A typical day at work was fast paced and very busy. I enjoyed talking to and interacting with the residents. The hardest part was getting to know routines and where to locate items because of communication.
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLMarch 1, 2018
NCH was a good place to work. The people that you work with are generally fantastic. The vacation time is terrible and the pay is too low. Not comparable to other companies at all.
Pros
Co-workers, cafeteria
Cons
Pay, Vacation, Holidays
Productive and physical
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLFebruary 23, 2018
Secured all areas of the Hospital inside and out. Restrained out of control patients and visitors when necessary to protect themselves and those around them.
Very helpful staff
Registered Nurse/Orthopedic-Telemetry (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJanuary 28, 2018
Hardest part of my job was working the night shift. Otherwise everyone was very nice and helpful. Made all resources available to the staff. I hated to leave but I couldn't handle the nights physically and they didn't have a day position for me at that time.

Comment – April 16, 2018

This comment is for NCH Healthcare, not NCH Corporation. NCH Corporation is not in the healthcare industry.

I enjoyed my job at NCH.
Employee Benefits Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Naples, FL 34102January 20, 2018
I need something closer to home. The hour long commute to and from work is becoming a work life balance problem. I would like to work in Bonita Springs or Estero.
Pros
Good pay and Benefits.
Cons
Commute is too long.
Love my job but the commute is a problem.
HR Business Partner (Current Employee) –  350 7th Street North. Naples, FL 34101January 20, 2018
Great place to work but such a long drive from my home. I have a background in HR for over 30 years. I enjoy my job at NCH, but need something closer to home as I live on Fort Myers Beach.
stressful ,chaotic, backstabbing staff
CT Technologist/Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJanuary 17, 2018
I was stressed out daily with no support from director, i will never work there again., they write you up for evacuating during hurricanes and even when its not your shift that was when hurricane came through.
Pros
5 blocks from ocean
Cons
Employees treated like dirt, your replaceable daily, hurricane alley