NCH Healthcare System Employee Reviews

Nurses Care Here
Charge Nurse, Floor Nurse (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLSeptember 18, 2018
I love NCH Healthcare System. Leadership cares about employees, employee family, and patients. Physicians are top notched and work well with nursing staff. NCH offers fellowships to help employees grow.
Pros
Support staff that rounds on every unit, team work
Cons
Busy
Over great company.
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Naples, FL 34110September 12, 2018
Great company to work for. I don't have any negatives to say about the company, the only downfall is the office I worked at was very far from my home and the commute was a struggle.
Pros
great benefits and great team
Cons
short staffed
Okay work place
Patient Servic Representative (Former Employee) –  Naples, FL 34102September 10, 2018
The manager I personally worked with was very understanding, but felt as though I was underpaid for all that I did, and how much living expenses were and also under-appreciated. All in all a decent place to work for.
Truly a 5 Star Organization
Interim System Director of Surgical Services (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLAugust 30, 2018
As the Interim System Director of Surgical Services I had the pleasure of working with one the most open and progressive C-suite Leadership Teams in the Country. This atmosphere cascaded to the mid-management and staff and was routinely reflected by patient and visitor compliments about their hospital or clinic experience at NCH.
Among other projects ongoing I had the task of helping NCH prepare for their multi-campus Joint Commission inspection which was a well deserved success. During this time with NCH/System Anesthesia Services were improved by forming a new business relationship with an anesthesia management company resulting in improved quality, efficiency and consumer satisfaction.
Pros
It is South Florida, Palm Trees, Beaches etc.
Cons
Housing costs in Naples proper are prohibitive for average person.
Excellent place to work with awesome people. Truly strives for the best patient satisfaction
CMA/Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILJuly 30, 2018
I loved everything about my job @ NCH in Arlington Hts., IL. Sadly my husband and I relocated which is the ONLY reason I left NCH.

Pros
Excellent place to work with wonderful people
Great atmosphere
EMR Educator/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJuly 19, 2018
I hated I had to leave. They were an amazing group, from the Physician’s down. There was great team work and everyone was very friendly. The moral was high and you were thanked often for doing your job much less Amy extra you put in.
Pros
Great environment, good compensation
Cons
Non-smoking for hire
Fast paced
Pre-Service Lead (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJuly 16, 2018
I enjoyed the fast paced work, loved the challenges. During season the job could become stressful and moments when I management didn’t support but overall a good place to work.
Benefits
Cons
Stressful at times
Would not recommend-poor management
VAN RN (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLJuly 4, 2018
Poorly run organization-high staff turn over.If I had known these factors I would not have accepted the position.My department is supposed to have 8 team members-we often work alone .10+ hr shifts are common
Pros
It’s in Naples
Cons
On Call, Low pay, Short Staffed
NCH Physicians Group Billing - Click Type of Environment w/ Management
Billing & Denials Specialist (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJuly 3, 2018
Not the best employment opportunity. Many of the girls in the Physician Group Billing spend their days talking all day - every day and don't get their work done. NCH has to have people work overtime (which was financially helpful if you accepted the overtime) to help those who were behind on their jobs because they were either talking all day, on personal calls, watching TV, etc. Many of the people who goofed off all day would work overtime hours - doesn't make business sense to me why they allowed it. Management and a several employees are in a click and if you are on the outside - watch out. NEVER - EVER - go to HR with problems, they will turn it on you. Worst employment experience of my life!!!

There are office gossips and all they do all day is find out who did what and what happened and then they would spread it around the office and to the hospital billing group. Then go to the manager and tell them what they heard in the office.

Stressful environment - so much work to be done and not enough people to help.

If you want to work there, keep you nose down, put on some headphones and try not to pay attention to the multitude of problems in the office and don't let anyone in the office know too much about yourself. They will look you up on the internet to get info/dirt on you if they can - certain employee(s) did it to temp help and other employees all the time - they knew about their personal life behind their backs by looking up employees or spouses Face Book sites).(Note: This didn't happen to me - I'm not in the digital world) :) I
heard that an
  more... employee actually looked up difficult patients on Face Book to find out things (office gossip!). :(

NCH hospital and their physicians are great and I have a great respect for them, I had always had a great and positive experience.
Pros
It's a good hospital & great physicians
Cons
Physicians Billing Group is the worst
It's a hospital
CST (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJune 28, 2018
It's a pretty hospital to say the least from the outside. I was not there long enough to have a solid opinion of NCH. Working in the OR has a culture different than other departments. Staff was ok across the board.
Great place to work!!!
Registration Clerk (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLJune 15, 2018
I've enjoyed my time at NCH. The management is focused on delivering the best patient care possible. The main negative is the health insurance coverage. In my time there, I have amassed a considerable bill for medical care.
Pros
Great leadership, comfortable environment.
Cons
poor health coverage, low pay versus cost of living.
I worked for 2 years as a seasonal employee and then took a full time position a year ago.
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJune 14, 2018
The staff at NCH are a good group. They all work together and help each other out. Great team work. The department manager is new, only been here a few months.
I took the full time position because I wanted to stay, but it is a night position and I have been waiting for over a year now for an opportunity to come back to the day shift.
The best part about the job is the respiratory consult service. The therapist evaluates each patient by reviewing admitting diagnosis, patients medical history, patient assessment, chest X-rays, home medications that are taken and the program formulates a treatment plan for that patient based on information gathered by the therapists. Respiratory therapist can modify or delete any unnecessary therapy that is ordered with a few exceptions.
The hardest part of the job for me is getting called off my shift 2 hours prior to starting my shift if census is low.
I am still employed at NCH but would love the opportunity to work at John Hopkins. I would love to be be given the opportunity to learn something new.
Pros
respiratory consult service, great staff who have been with NCH long time
Cons
call offs, working night shift
Mixed Opinions
Pediatrics Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLMay 30, 2018
I have mixed opinions about NCH, overall it is not a bad place to work. You do feel replaceable, my nursing manager was not qualified, and raises are few and far between. However, they do have excellent benefits, great locations, and you have the ability to move between departments rather easily.
productive
Operating Room Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLMay 16, 2018
very good company to work for. Their salary could be hire than what it actually is, as other companies pay alot more, i worked for them for 1 year had a very good team
Worth taking the first flight to another hospital
Cardiac Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLMay 14, 2018
Patient care inadequate because of the disorganization, disrespectful, unfair treatment by supervisors and HR
They made working here worst experience.
Pros
Pretty Garden
Cons
Too many
Medical Assistant Clinical Lead (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLMay 8, 2018
Besides feeling that certain people might have it out for you, the benefit is knowing you can ultimately reach someone that is in the middle and has nothing to do with either side, yet take care of the issue. Lot of drama, but overall patient care is primary role. no matter who or what
Not a person, merely an ID number
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLApril 19, 2018
I’ve never worked in an environment that feels like this one does. Mandatory OT, punitive, no sense of job security and reminded its a privilege to be employed here by administration. They will say they value your work but their actions are quite the opposite. Contracts only mean something if it serves them because as I learned, policy apparently trumps a contract and can be changed or interpreted however they deem suits their needs. I truly feel like I don’t matter to this organization anymore after over a decade of service. Heartbreaking to say the least because this WAS a fantastic place to work!!
Pros
Some coworkers
Cons
Poor admin, not getting paid for working through lunch breaks, poor nurse retention
Don't work here
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLApril 14, 2018
This company thinks they are the best in southwest Florida. Nurses are smart because they have great education department but they don't pay here. They don't care about patients. Beware!
Pros
Great education
Cons
everything
Good team members; not the best place to work at.
Staff Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  physicians regionalApril 13, 2018
A little bit disorganized. Management is not the best. They need to better their system, and represent their employees; they need to advocate more for those working for them.
fun and good
House keeping (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLApril 11, 2018
i dit like nch.i learn i lot..real nice people to work good costumer to work..and good supervisor..and workers and nurses...good food from sedexo company..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NCH Healthcare System. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about