NCH Healthcare System Employee Reviews

Rewarding Career
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLDecember 19, 2018
NCH Healthcare System pay income is not compatible to the cost of living in Naples, Fl. They do have excellent benefits and offer advance to change careers.
Over great company.
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Naples, FL 34110September 12, 2018
Great company to work for. I don't have any negatives to say about the company, the only downfall is the office I worked at was very far from my home and the commute was a struggle.
Pros
great benefits and great team
Cons
short staffed
Fast paced
Pre-Service Lead (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJuly 16, 2018
I enjoyed the fast paced work, loved the challenges. During season the job could become stressful and moments when I management didn’t support but overall a good place to work.
Benefits
Cons
Stressful at times
Great atmosphere
EMR Educator/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJuly 19, 2018
I hated I had to leave. They were an amazing group, from the Physician’s down. There was great team work and everyone was very friendly. The moral was high and you were thanked often for doing your job much less Amy extra you put in.
Pros
Great environment, good compensation
Cons
Non-smoking for hire
Mixed Opinions
Pediatrics Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLMay 30, 2018
I have mixed opinions about NCH, overall it is not a bad place to work. You do feel replaceable, my nursing manager was not qualified, and raises are few and far between. However, they do have excellent benefits, great locations, and you have the ability to move between departments rather easily.
productive
Operating Room Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLMay 16, 2018
very good company to work for. Their salary could be hire than what it actually is, as other companies pay alot more, i worked for them for 1 year had a very good team
I do not recommend
Unit Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLMarch 20, 2018
Understaffed, Overworked, minimal Appreciation. Failure for management to correct same mistakes year after year. I learned I cannot depend on anyone but myself and a very few select people.
Pros
Decent benefits
Don't work here
Emergency Room Nurse (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLApril 9, 2018
There is a lot of favoritism and if you are in then you are golden but if you are not in that group you are placed in unsafe conditions. There is a lot of back stabbing and one upmanship. The manager not only condones this behavior but also fosters it. The typical work day was in a busy ER and the easiest part of the job was patient care. The political atmosphere was very difficult to deal with. I have never been more glad to leave a job.
Pros
very few good people
Cons
atmosphere pay health benefits if you can call it that

Comment – April 16, 2018

This review is for NCH Healthcare, not NCH Corporation. NCH Corporation does not hire ER nurses or work in the healthcare space.

I enjoyed my job at NCH.
Employee Benefits Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Naples, FL 34102January 20, 2018
I need something closer to home. The hour long commute to and from work is becoming a work life balance problem. I would like to work in Bonita Springs or Estero.
Pros
Good pay and Benefits.
Cons
Commute is too long.
Do not work here
Wellness Specialist (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJanuary 5, 2018
The culture and management of this company are enough to keep you away. Every day was filled with stress and fear. I would not recommend this place to anyone looking to advance or maintain their sanity.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
Bad policies, Horrible management, Not much advancement/pay raise, They take your PTO on Holidays (even if you are off)

Want to know more about NCH Healthcare System?

Ask a question
Terrible
CT Technologist (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLOctober 9, 2018
Management and supervisors do not care about you, it’s all about them and money...unless if your in their “click”. Supervisor has no communication skills, no experience in a supervisory role and lacks the ability to lead professionally, they cover up their favorites mistakes, overwork employees and understaff shifts. They bully some techs and supervisor plays right into it. There is so much back stabbing/gossiping and again the supervisor is part of it.
Management covers up for some when mistakes are made, example is a Tech has injected contrast when it shouldn’t have been and no consequences for what he did, it was just brushed under the table. High turn over and it’s no wonder they can’t keep people and offer sign on bonuses to lock you in for 2yrs. Employees hate working for NCH, it’s a daily thing to hear someone say how much they hate working there. Equipment doesn’t work properly, buy refurbished equipment, computer systems lock up in critical times and this puts patient care in jeopardy, equipment breaks, and they expect you be an IT person. There is such low moral among everyone and you can feel the negativity.
The most enjoyable part of my job was my patients, other than that it’s the worst place I’ve ever worked for.
Pros
Pay rate
Cons
Everyone hates their jobs, clicks, high turn over, miserable moral, bad management
Truly a 5 Star Organization
Interim System Director of Surgical Services (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLAugust 30, 2018
As the Interim System Director of Surgical Services I had the pleasure of working with one the most open and progressive C-suite Leadership Teams in the Country. This atmosphere cascaded to the mid-management and staff and was routinely reflected by patient and visitor compliments about their hospital or clinic experience at NCH.
Among other projects ongoing I had the task of helping NCH prepare for their multi-campus Joint Commission inspection which was a well deserved success. During this time with NCH/System Anesthesia Services were improved by forming a new business relationship with an anesthesia management company resulting in improved quality, efficiency and consumer satisfaction.
Pros
It is South Florida, Palm Trees, Beaches etc.
Cons
Housing costs in Naples proper are prohibitive for average person.
Okay work place
Patient Servic Representative (Former Employee) –  Naples, FL 34102September 10, 2018
The manager I personally worked with was very understanding, but felt as though I was underpaid for all that I did, and how much living expenses were and also under-appreciated. All in all a decent place to work for.
fun workplace
MONITOR TECH (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLSeptember 23, 2018
The staff are respectful when I work it was calm sometimes face pasted for the nurse and CNA and monitor tech at night the hardest is part of the job is trying to stay awake to watch the monitor
Nurses Care Here
Charge Nurse, Floor Nurse (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLSeptember 18, 2018
I love NCH Healthcare System. Leadership cares about employees, employee family, and patients. Physicians are top notched and work well with nursing staff. NCH offers fellowships to help employees grow.
Pros
Support staff that rounds on every unit, team work
Cons
Busy
NCH Physicians Group Billing - Click Type of Environment w/ Management
Billing & Denials Specialist (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJuly 3, 2018
Not the best employment opportunity. Many of the girls in the Physician Group Billing spend their days talking all day - every day and don't get their work done. NCH has to have people work overtime (which was financially helpful if you accepted the overtime) to help those who were behind on their jobs because they were either talking all day, on personal calls, watching TV, etc. Many of the people who goofed off all day would work overtime hours - doesn't make business sense to me why they allowed it. Management and a several employees are in a click and if you are on the outside - watch out. NEVER - EVER - go to HR with problems, they will turn it on you. Worst employment experience of my life!!!

There are office gossips and all they do all day is find out who did what and what happened and then they would spread it around the office and to the hospital billing group. Then go to the manager and tell them what they heard in the office.

Stressful environment - so much work to be done and not enough people to help.

If you want to work there, keep you nose down, put on some headphones and try not to pay attention to the multitude of problems in the office and don't let anyone in the office know too much about yourself. They will look you up on the internet to get info/dirt on you if they can - certain employee(s) did it to temp help and other employees all the time - they knew about their personal life behind their backs by looking up employees or spouses Face Book sites).(Note: This didn't happen to me - I'm not in the digital world) :) I
heard that an
  more... employee actually looked up difficult patients on Face Book to find out things (office gossip!). :(

NCH hospital and their physicians are great and I have a great respect for them, I had always had a great and positive experience.
Pros
It's a good hospital & great physicians
Cons
Physicians Billing Group is the worst
Excellent place to work with awesome people. Truly strives for the best patient satisfaction
CMA/Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILJuly 30, 2018
I loved everything about my job @ NCH in Arlington Hts., IL. Sadly my husband and I relocated which is the ONLY reason I left NCH.

Pros
Excellent place to work with wonderful people
Great place to work!!!
Registration Clerk (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLJune 15, 2018
I've enjoyed my time at NCH. The management is focused on delivering the best patient care possible. The main negative is the health insurance coverage. In my time there, I have amassed a considerable bill for medical care.
Pros
Great leadership, comfortable environment.
Cons
poor health coverage, low pay versus cost of living.
The place needs a Union
HR Executive (Former Employee) –  Downtown NaplesMarch 19, 2018
Everyone, especially the nurses are over worked, under paid, horrible vacation accrual schedule, does not offer “comp time”. Management receives huge bonuses every year, on the backs of their hard working employees. They need a union. Now.
It's a hospital
CST (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJune 28, 2018
It's a pretty hospital to say the least from the outside. I was not there long enough to have a solid opinion of NCH. Working in the OR has a culture different than other departments. Staff was ok across the board.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NCH Healthcare System. Our community is ready to answer.