NCI Information Systems, Inc. Employee Reviews

Poor Management
Help Desk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VASeptember 21, 2018
Manager did not show concern for his employees. He was more consumed with his role. He did not show or offer career advancements. Was very demeaning to the women employees.
extremely stressful
Operator/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Ft. Hood, TXSeptember 19, 2018
I work with adults that act like teenage children. The adults will nit pick at each other, tattle if you sneeze too loud, complain about literally anything just to try and put your job security on the line. I do not recommend this job to anyone looking for career advancement or a good work environment.
NCI Management Style
Government Contractor (Former Employee) –  Reston, VASeptember 4, 2018
NCI Management Style was to manage by fear. The managers would make people feel like they needed to go home and cry. The only reason I stayed for so long company was close to my home at the time.
A Great Company
Senior Executive Administrator, Certified (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAAugust 30, 2018
This was a great company to work for. I started out as a temporary employee and was hired full time. The work was hard, but fulfilling, and my input was valued. I did many aspects of government contracting and it great.
Good company to work for
HBSS Senior Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Huachuca, AZAugust 27, 2018
Enjoyed my tenure with this company. Good management and company benefits. The work flow was fast paced, high pressure and very challenging. I improved my tech writing skills and supervisory stye.
great place to work
Senior Network Engineer/System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAAugust 26, 2018
Great place to work where you find it challenging and fun. Co-workers get along well, which makes for a great environment to work in. There are a lot of different technologies in place, making for a great place to learn.
Workplace
Army Configuration & Process Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXAugust 20, 2018
Superb work and surrounding people. A joy to come to work everyday. Set the standard, I am the subject matter expert and NCI come to me for advise. The company has assisted when required in software integration and development
Pros
Self Management
Cons
Good work hours for the most part
Senior Programmer/Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILAugust 12, 2018
I enjoyed working at NCI Information Systems. They care about their employees. When contracts expired they did their best to find me work on other contracts.
Cons
pay not up standards for local area
Fun environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCJuly 19, 2018
Good people and management to work with. Salary wasn’t enough, plus I wasn’t able to job re-locate at that time. Also, I was driving from Indian Trail to Concord. So i wanted to go back to school and find something closer.
Pros
Cons
Wasn’t allowed to leave my desk except for short breaks.
Eh its OK
CSR1 (Former Employee) –  Vestal, NYJuly 12, 2018
Eh its OK for a desk job. Very strict. Doesn't care about the humans only the bottom line. But other than that it is ok. Not to bad of a job. Some friendly people
Nci
Systems Engineer, Sr (Current Employee) –  Andrews AFB, MDJuly 9, 2018
Just really love this company for the benefits and the tools they offer to help truly be successful at your job. The over management is unbelievable great!!!
Work place is friendly
Patient Care Coordinator III (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJune 29, 2018
The place is very calm I enjoy working with the staff and the experience that I have gain is excellent. It is a family oriented place to work in, team meeting and patient interaction is the best.
Pros
Goes out on lunch brunch
Contradictions
Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Endicott, NYMay 17, 2018
the people you work with are great, management however will not help you progress in your career there. you do not receive anything long term for your hard work.
Company does not care about employees
Database Administrator (Current Employee) –  Fort Polk, LAMay 8, 2018
Company does not care about employees as evident in their practices. Weak 401 matching. No sick leave. If your contract job has a holiday that the company does not have, you get forced to use your leave time.
Very laid back IT environment with knowledgeable people.
System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Tinker AFB, OKApril 26, 2018
My typical day at work is an early meeting with my helper and our boss about what we are going to try to accomplish for the day. From there the tasks were delegated between me and my helper and we set out to accomplish said tasks.

I learned how to build an windows image with Microsoft Development Toolkit, how to deploy said image individually since none of the machines that were imaged were on a LAN. I learned how to create group policy for individual machines and apply said policies. I learned how to scan machines for security vunerabilities, and how to fix the vunerabilities.

The workplace is very easy going. I get along with everyone in my office.

Hardest part of the job was trying to implement a secure image with set group policies in a non networked environment.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the relaxed environment.
Everyone knows their jobs and performs them with no issues.
Pros
High Pay, Great coworkers
Cons
Only a short term contract
My Summary
Quality Assurance Inspector (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIApril 4, 2018
NCI Information Systems is a great place to work, People are friendly. Company is very work friendly. NCI Information Systems is understanding and are easy to work with.
Its a stressful job.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Endicott, NYApril 2, 2018
Most of the management was easy to get along with but their is alot of favortism. They do have insentives every month and competitions between teams. Dress code is strick. Changing our getting the shift yoy want is hard because it's about senority.
Pros
Overtime when busy and early releases when slow
Cons
Stressful
Great Place to work for!
Operations Planner (Plant Superintendent) (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 29, 2018
I would recommend this company to anyone wanting a steady career. Great benefits with plenty of work for everyone to get the hours they need. Members at this facility treat everyone like family and have the helping hand needed for all lines.
Benefits
Cons
Work Conditions (Hot/Cold)
Not my favorite work
Collector (Former Employee) –  Vestal, NYMarch 21, 2018
I took the time to become a very good debt collector, one of the top collectors. There was no recognition for this achievement.My stay there was less than 1 year as I was offered an opportunity with another company.
Poor Management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vestal, NYFebruary 26, 2018
Very un productive, long hours minimal breaks, and lunches. It was very stressful. People fighting in the break room, We could not cook popocorn in the microwave because management felt it to be a discraction.
Pros
Cons
poor

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NCI Information Systems, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about