NCI Information Systems, Inc. Employee Reviews

Productive Environment
Army Registration Authority Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Belvoir, VADecember 12, 2018
Supportive Senior Staff
Very good management team, HR, Finance, Recruiter, etc
They hire qualified individuals. Always feel like you are working for the best company.
Pros
Everyone cares
Nci
Field Support Representative IV (FSR) (Former Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXDecember 29, 2018
Government contracting company that went to the lowest bidder. Employees should have received a higher salary. The upper management (within the Nett Warrior program) was somewhat bias and hire old friends from their military assignments to work for them.
Pros
Working with Soldiers at the highest enlisted levels
Cons
lower pay
A great place to help destroy cancer.
Medical Editor, Administrative Support Contract (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDNovember 16, 2018
Being able to be a part of the cancer protocol process is amazing. Watching the approval process for the protocols shows the amount of detail the protocols go through shows the detail these studies go through.
Pros
Helping to end cancer.
Cons
The process takes a while because there are so many protocols.
Great Starting Career in the IT Field
Systems Administration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Andrews AFB, MDDecember 18, 2018
I actually enjoy being here and being a part of a team. The managers I have dealt with on a daily basis are friendly. I'm glad that these managers don't micromanage their subordinates because I would definitely seek other opportunities elsewhere. I had enough of that while in the service. The only two gripes I have is the pay is relatively low and the distance I have to travel daily is trying but hopefully these things will change for the better soon...
Pros
have the ability to take care of family at anytime; friendly staff; flexible work hours
Cons
distance is a little long; pay is much to be desired
Great Place to Work, but at some point you want to be more than a sales representative
Leica Microsystems Representative (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNNovember 29, 2018
I liked working at NCI, but there was not much there to develop Sales Representatives. Meaning, not much room for growth.

The management was ok, but at some point they are doing things just to do things, but not actually very helpful.
Pros
Good People
Cons
No room for advancement
Wonderful Supervisor
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Reston, VANovember 30, 2018
I have a great Supervisor. I loss my son and brother within two weeks while working here. She was very understanding about family time.
I get along well with my co-workers. We are a great team.
Pros
Free coffee everyday. Free lunches about once a month.
Cons
Awful company laid off one month after hired
Principal Payment Integrity Strategic Scientist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 23, 2018
This is an awful company, after being recruited to Advancemed a NCI company within one month they laid off everyone at Advancemed . If they had known they were going to loose their contract should not have recruited a happy employee at another company. No respect for employees or work life balance.
Learning experience
Senior Telecommunications Technician (Former Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZOctober 26, 2018
The work changed and the contract I was working on expanded to include 2 other contracts, but NCI refused to hire more staff. This put undo pressure on the employees. This made completing tasks on time and under budget difficult at best, and impossible most of the time.
Pros
Travel!
Cons
Travel all the time!
Great Place to Work
Employee (Current Employee) –  ArizonaDecember 23, 2018
The people at NCI are simply awesome - extremely qualified and very professional. They are also very open and supportive to people working to advance themselves and moving to work/jobs that interest them. The only downside that I can point to is Healthcare plans,especially medical; but I think that is probably more of a universal problem.
Pros
Great people!, opportunities to move to more interesting work.
Cons
Healthcare plan - especially medical.
Productive and great place to work!!
DATA ENTRY (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXNovember 5, 2018
Placed orders from clients who built metal buildings. We provided everything to make the metal buildings. We made the products, packed them and shipped them to anywhere in the United States. It was a busy place and we had great teamwork. It wasn't always work, work, work. It was light and cheery but at the same time you knew what you had to do and when to do it. It was great!!
Goverment Contractor
SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Lanham, MDSeptember 21, 2018
A typical government contractor - smaller than the Big 5. Working in the Agile Technology sector was a big plus. The company is trying to grow their footprint in this sector.
Pros
Intelligent, excellent colleagues
Cons
Short-term vision on profitability
Money was good. Work culture was interesting.
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 21, 2018
The pay was great but the work culture was not. It's government contracting so you have to understand that it's just another company shuttling people into positions to win a contract. You can make some good money in contracting but work culture is not a priority. If there is workplace harassment, it might be ignored. If there is sexual harassment, management might look the other way. There might be toxic employees that Human Resources doesn't discipline.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Human Resources and management's lack of involvement with addressing workplace issues
Red Flag
Quality Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Fort Belvoir, VASeptember 20, 2018
The organization has very high turnover, employee dissatisfaction with EEO complaints, legal problems and serious infrastructure issues. Proceed with caution.
Okay to work for while it lasted
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXSeptember 26, 2018
It was a great contract to work on. Now I have to move on because of dismal offers from the new contractor. The management was very forward and did not give us the run around.
A Great Company
Senior Executive Administrator, Certified (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAAugust 30, 2018
This was a great company to work for. I started out as a temporary employee and was hired full time. The work was hard, but fulfilling, and my input was valued. I did many aspects of government contracting and it great.
Poor Management
Help Desk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VASeptember 21, 2018
Manager did not show concern for his employees. He was more consumed with his role. He did not show or offer career advancements. Was very demeaning to the women employees.
great place to work
Senior Network Engineer/System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAAugust 26, 2018
Great place to work where you find it challenging and fun. Co-workers get along well, which makes for a great environment to work in. There are a lot of different technologies in place, making for a great place to learn.
extremely stressful
Operator/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Ft. Hood, TXSeptember 19, 2018
I work with adults that act like teenage children. The adults will nit pick at each other, tattle if you sneeze too loud, complain about literally anything just to try and put your job security on the line. I do not recommend this job to anyone looking for career advancement or a good work environment.
Wonderful management team and work environment
Chemical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Fort Belvoir, VASeptember 8, 2018
NCI is an excellent place to work. My supervisor is extremely nice and accommodating and my work schedule allows for optimal work life balance. The work we do supports the warfighter and is extremely satisfying!
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
Sick leave
NCI Management Style
Government Contractor (Former Employee) –  Reston, VASeptember 4, 2018
NCI Management Style was to manage by fear. The managers would make people feel like they needed to go home and cry. The only reason I stayed for so long company was close to my home at the time.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NCI Information Systems, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.