NCI Information Systems, Inc. Employee Reviews

My Summary
Quality Assurance Inspector (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIApril 4, 2018
NCI Information Systems is a great place to work, People are friendly. Company is very work friendly. NCI Information Systems is understanding and are easy to work with.
Its a stressful job.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Endicott, NYApril 2, 2018
Most of the management was easy to get along with but their is alot of favortism. They do have insentives every month and competitions between teams. Dress code is strick. Changing our getting the shift yoy want is hard because it's about senority.
Pros
Overtime when busy and early releases when slow
Cons
Stressful
Great Place to work for!
Operations Planner (Plant Superintendent) (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 29, 2018
I would recommend this company to anyone wanting a steady career. Great benefits with plenty of work for everyone to get the hours they need. Members at this facility treat everyone like family and have the helping hand needed for all lines.
Benefits
Cons
Work Conditions (Hot/Cold)
Not my favorite work
Collector (Former Employee) –  Vestal, NYMarch 21, 2018
I took the time to become a very good debt collector, one of the top collectors. There was no recognition for this achievement.My stay there was less than 1 year as I was offered an opportunity with another company.
Poor Management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vestal, NYFebruary 26, 2018
Very un productive, long hours minimal breaks, and lunches. It was very stressful. People fighting in the break room, We could not cook popocorn in the microwave because management felt it to be a discraction.
Pros
Cons
poor
I enjoyed working for NCI as I was the lead in business development
Logistician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 6, 2018
Working for NCI was rewarding personally as I interfaced with all the senior management personnel at Tinker Air Force Base. We had outstanding working relationships.

The personnel that I worked with were very professional in all ways and were very respectful of my talent and abilities.
Pros
People
Cons
Contractor
asd
System Administrator/Software/Cybersecurity (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TXFebruary 6, 2018
I hate doing this I like the company but I just want to advance to another role or position and better me and my family and I feel like staying in fothood will hurt those chances.
Low Pay and not always in a timely manner.
Sub-Contractor (Former Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 1, 2018
They wanted to hold your money for the full 60 days and pay 20% less for work I could get through another contract. In short, we had a job contracted through two different companies, cabling a large chain super store. We were offered 8 opposed to 10 grand anywhere else you go and then they waited the full 60 day pay period. To me, its just, I don't want to work for a company that seems like they are pinching pennies when it comes to paying their employees.
Pros
Nice People, Kind and Friendly to me
Cons
Stingy with the money
Poor managment, low-mid benefits
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Belvoir, VAJanuary 26, 2018
Poor managment, low-mid benefits. You get 10 day PTO or less and no carrer advancement option. Tough clients not easy to please and lack of communication between management and clients.
Temporary filling in for EA
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Belvoir, VAJanuary 21, 2018
I was a full time temporary filling in for the Executive Assistant. Management was good, people were friendly, and place of business was in proximity of where I was staying

Want to know more about NCI Information Systems, Inc.?

Ask a question
Solid Company providing IT Services
Senior Software Engineer (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 14, 2018
NCI, is a government contractor. It focuses efforts on large-scale IT support for government clients.

From the perspective of the employee, NCI is a good place to work. They are fair and the management is not overbearing which gives employees an opportunity to produce quality work for their clients.

Many workers at remote sites view the senior leadership and corporate workers as having room for improvement.
Pros
Hands-Off Management
poorly managed company
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Endicott, NYJanuary 10, 2018
you don't feel like a person, just a number. while some managers were very good and tried, others were very poor. lots of favoritism. not everyone was able to receive a raise, very few were given out and some people were promised advancements in pay and it was never delivered.
Collector
Debit collector (Former Employee) –  Vestal, NYJanuary 4, 2018
A typical day was answering incoming calls. Management expects that customers are helped in a set time period. The hard part of the job was not always helping the customer.
Pros
A job
Cons
Hours were all over the place.
Entry level position for those wishing to enter the healthcare field
Program Integrity Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 28, 2017
The position is a contract job for Medicare. Lack of training and management consistency make the difficult job of healthcare and Medicare/Medicaid even more difficult. New, younger management only want development their way.
Nci inc
Desktop Support Technician II (Current Employee) –  Fort Benning, GADecember 18, 2017
Not much interaction with manger. Only talked face to face once in 2.5 years, and that was due to a coworker needing to meet with him. Work hard but no recognition for job well done.
Pros
Regular hours, no weekends
Cons
No interaction with management, low pay, no sick leave
I learned a lot of valuable knowledge
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fort Lewis, WADecember 9, 2017
Unfortunately lots of competition between the contractors and GD employees. They didn't want to give us access to do our jobs even though we had completed security clearances. Relegated the contractors to menial jobs that wasted our skills and wouldn't allow us on projects. Shift difference to reset the servers was hard cause the normal daytime shift didn't change.
Pros
Learned skills necessary to be a system administrator
Cons
Cut-throat environmant
Affords a good balance between work and family life
Supervisor, National Grid (Current Employee) –  Endicott, NYDecember 6, 2017
If you're looking to work for a company that truly depicts the definition of teamwork with a diverse workforce, NCI is a great choice. They strive to provide a positive work environment that focuses not only on delivering excellent customer service but also on developing the skills of their agents to ensure future successes. NCI understands the importance of balancing work and family life and therefore, offers a great deal of flexibility with work schedules.
Pros
Numerous performance incentives, flexible schedules, paid time off, 401K with employer match, health insurance
Cons
Low salary
High paced work place
Mig Welder (Former Employee) –  Monticello, IADecember 4, 2017
Alot of overtime with good compensation, but very little family time due to the hrs and overtime daily including working saturdays. Godd place to work overall
company is no longer in business
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vestal, NYNovember 26, 2017
customer service job allowed flexible hours with no overtime. However the business closed its doors and all employees were terminated and given unemployment job search benefits/assistance.
Nci
Senior Network Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Hunter Army Airfield, GANovember 21, 2017
Nci is a great company to work for and provides good benefits and a great working environment. The only reason for wanting to leave, is that I believe that I am more than ready to be a network manager, or in a supervisory position.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NCI Information Systems, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.