NCO Group Employee Reviews

Found 1,549 reviews matching the search See all 1,872 reviews
Stressful and not promising
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Theodore, ALJune 19, 2018
The job was very promising in the beginning. After 5 months of being employed the CEO came to lay off the entire office of employees (some employed for 10 or more years) after guaranteeing job security.
Lots of promise in the beginning
Floor Supervisor Collections/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJune 14, 2018
The job started fine but slowly went down hill. Long story short, the office was closed and the contract shifted to the Philippines. A lot of good people were laid off.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Expensive healthcare, inability to as leaders to contribute to process changes.
Deals with customer over the phone
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOJune 8, 2018
They will add points to your attendance when they feel like they want to give you. They will not give a pay increase unless you fight them for a pay increase.
Pros
You sit on a moving chair, and use a computer
Cons
Deals with angry customer, very limited use on a resolution.
nice place
Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 6, 2018
very nice place love working here very flexible with schedules eat at your desk love this place great environment. very clean work place no desk sharing
No nonsense work environment
Senior Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJune 4, 2018
Our department was very quiet and you could easily concentrate. The IT management team was skilled and easy to work with. The biggest issue I felt was that every Friday you could log onto the ticket/project system and see where sometimes up to 300 people had been let go. They actually fired and entire department the very day the system automation went live so there was no one left to verify if it worked correctly or not. People never knew when they would be let go, so that was always a dark cloud over your head.
Pros
Paid well
Cons
never knowing if you would have a job after Friday
Chaotic workplace
Lead Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  TexasJune 2, 2018
It's a basic call center very unprofessional they hire youngsters who don't care about their jobs and take pride in nothing.. NCO is not all bad. It is a call center Thats all i can say.
Pros
24-hour call center
Cons
Horrible insurance
NCO is no longer in MD
Debt Collector (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 31, 2018
I enjoyed the people I worked with. Management was great. The paper that we were collecting on was pretty good. I thought the bonus structure was a bit low.
Pros
Great people
very busy call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMay 22, 2018
from the time you logged onto computer and phones, phones be busy, sometimes you received calls from angry patients in regards to bill after medical insurance has been billed but didn't pay much off of balance.
Highly productive work place.
Support Services Agent (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAMay 21, 2018
I held several positions within the company. I was well versed in credit reporting issues and compliance. I learned a lot about people and management, quality control and time management.
Pros
customer service experience, inbound/outbound calls
Cons
highly competitive, iffy job security
Collections
Debt Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 21, 2018
NCO provided a great opportunity to make bonus money, however you have to have a very thick skin, be self motivated and determined to succeed in this line of work.
Pros
Bonus Money
Cons
Irrate clients
Excellet company to work for.
SR. Collector (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 18, 2018
Nco financial were positive,encouraging,caring,and team oriented.Nco financial cared for their employees.The company did extra curriccular activies.Charlotte baseball game,charlotte hornets basketball game.Tickets to the movie.
Pros
Excellent to work for.
Productive and very fun place to
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMay 16, 2018
Very great place to work. NCO was the first call center job I ever worked. very flexible job I have nothing bad to say whatsoever about the position that I worked.
nco group
Telecommunication Rep (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 13, 2018
I worked for nco group for a little over a year. It was a ok place to work but it was drama filled. Management blended in with other workers I didn't know the managers from the associates which made it difficult to ask questions sometimes when my direct manager wasn't around. When I was there for that short time period they had a bed bug problem it was somewhat of a big deal when you had news reporters out wanting to talk to associates. Overall it was the first job I got when I first moved to Texas and it was a easy enough job.
Was a good company to work for.
Cash Processor (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAMay 10, 2018
This company not longer exist. It was bought out a few years ago and the company that bought it relocate. I do not know anything about the new company.
Good for the area
Mail Room Clerk (Former Employee) –  Augusta, MEMay 8, 2018
It's a very good place to work, I had no problems. The people were friendly and the job was very easy to perform. I found it difficult to leave when I relocated because I really did enjoy the type of work and the people that I worked with.
Pros
easy job to perform
Cons
only paid minimum wage
Call center for T-Mobile
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZMay 7, 2018
Worked customer service for T-Mobile (NCO) we were the 2nd biggest company compared to the one in Texas which was number one T-Mobile decided to close both places of operation down.
A stressful job, dealing with customers concerning their utility bill
Collections Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVMay 4, 2018
I personally would not recommend this place to anyone who does not like to talk to people on the phone, and I recommend to those who desire benefits and salary increases. This might be an ok job for a high school student or for someone who doesn't possess a lot of job skills.
Collections
Debt Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mendota Heights, MNMay 1, 2018
Inbound and out bound calls third Party collections Purpose to collect a debit Managing Multiable accounts bring account completely current or up to date
Business Closed
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 1, 2018
I enjoyed the thins I leaned from NCO. This is a job that you take completing a degree. This is not a long term company, Corporate positions would be much better probably.
Productive , a fun work place and a great learning experience
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAApril 28, 2018
Taking phones calls regarding customer phones and their bills. Issuing them credit on their accounts if it was the companies fault, also fixing their devices and the ordering of replacement or new devices. The hardest thing was to deal with the customers who wanted a new device but did not purchase a warranty, but the good thing about the job was to work with some of the most beautiful and spirited people I have had the pleasure of getting to know and love.
Pros
the company barbeque
Cons
the changes of the mangers to often

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NCO Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

4.1Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight