NCR Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,051 reviews matching the search See all 1,653 reviews
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJune 17, 2018
This place provides the perfect opportunity to work hard and at the same time provide the needed work life balance for you and your family. There was also a good health balance as they have a gym as well.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
raises were small
NCR is ok place to work
Financial Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 14, 2018
NCR is an ok place to work. Workplace culture was ok, but time commitment in working extra hours was expected. I learned a lot there. They moved out of Dayton in 2009.
Think twice before applying
Customer Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJune 12, 2018
The job itself is OK. The things I have against the the company itself are as follows:

They require you to work overtime hours on a daily basis that you do not get paid for.

The pay is below what it should be for the position.

Trying to get through to Payroll or HR to resolve issues is next to impossible.

They are constantly making changes to your submitted time sheets and shorting you on pay.

They can't seem to figure out how to correct a payroll error that actually gets you the money they owe you.
Pros
Cons
No breaks, sometimes required to work through your non paid lunch at your expense, Overtime worked but not paid.
NCR is confused
Quality Assurance Manager/Test Manager (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAJune 12, 2018
NCR has a history of "Never Completely Restructured". It's always changing managers and management chains. It's almost impossible to develop any working history wtith anyone except immediate co-workers.
Productive and fun work place
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 11, 2018
I work at the kardex machine that holds all the parts to put the atm’s and the cash registers together. The job is great I hate that we are shutting down I really wanted to retire from there
High pressure work environment.
Customer Engineer Level II (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAJune 11, 2018
The benefits were outstanding. When I started working there I had quite a bit of autonomy to make my own decisions. By the time I left, that was all gone. My day was micro managed down to the minute & it was incredibly stressful.
Pros
Vacation time, 1 hour lunch breaks, benefits.
Cons
Management style, forced overtime, mandatory on-call shifts for 9 consecutive days as often as every 3 weeks.
Fun work place with a very nice family culture
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJune 10, 2018
I wasn't at NCR for long as it was a summer internship but loved my time there along with the friendly nature of my department. Most enjoyable part of my job was working with other interns throughout the program and finally sharing our projects with the other interns and full time employees.
Company stuck in the 20th Century
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 10, 2018
NCR's stated vision is lead as a market innovator however so many of the companies practices are manual in nature driven by spreadsheets with minimal automation. The level of redundancy for a company this size is astounding.
Cons
No information sharing across LOB's, Very Manual/redundant processes, lack of vision, Very short sighted.
Customer Engineer
Customer Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  United StatesJune 7, 2018
A customer engineer is a good place to start, but I recommend to move early. It is the most expendable position at NCR and often the most forgotten. The hardest part of the job is not having any work to do but needing to account for every minute of your day. If you like to work outside of the office, then you will like the customer engineer position, but if you are not a people person don't even try it. Building a good relationship with your customer is key to having a manageable day.
Pros
Little supervision, vehicle provided, every day can be a new experience
Cons
Irregular work availability. Poor work life balance.
Trying to keep up
Corporate Consolidations Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 6, 2018
Management had decided to move the company from its founding site in favor of a bigger city. They then abused their power and took tax advantages, but did not follow through with promises.
poor direction
Level 2 Computer Technician/Support (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAJune 5, 2018
as a ce2 I was working for this company for almost over four years. the work culture was fine but the management and leadership is a whole different ball game. upper management keeps changing policy almost every time they get sued by an ex ncr employee and to top things off they like to give you empty promises. they will demand more work than the pay will compensate in the industry to start. it a shame because this company wouldn't stand behind their middle management and help the company grow but instead they push out good techs in favor for less skilled and more compliant workers.
Pros
good middle management
Cons
hostile work envinronment from upper managment
Productivity and interaction with customers
Sr. IT Consultant (Current Employee) –  Midtown, GAJune 4, 2018
Work environment is really good in NCR and people are helpful.
Coordination between the team is really good.
Its easy and comfortable environment.

NCR culture is open and enjoyable.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Commute
Manufaturing
Fullfilment Associate (Current Employee) –  Midland, GAMay 30, 2018
Really enjoyed working for this company .
Real easy going.
Co workers were very friendly.
Management for my team was great.
Working for NCR consist of multi tasking daily,
Typical Day
Customer Engineer (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAMay 29, 2018
The hardest part of the job was the travel out of the area daily. Lots of driving and being away from your family. I did learn some tremendous skills at their training facility.
field service tech
Customer Engineer Level II (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 23, 2018
trained retail point of sale systems and terminals, They trained me on financial equipment on ATM machines. all the dispensers, and deposit modules currently used.
Pros
major corporation
Cons
major corporation
Accounting position
Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMay 22, 2018
All of the accounting positions are labeled financial analyst. Room to grow. At times there is no training or NCR will implement a new procedure and after announcing the new procedure it will take several days to have access to the new procedure.
Pros
Can work from home
Cons
Supervisor in a different state
This is a good company for building a foundation
Customer Engineer II (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMay 21, 2018
Ncr is a good company for a beginner but not so much for long-term growth. Ncr does not value their employees as much as they should., Management is borderline poor with a few good Territory managers with field experience are the best managers all the other ones only care about the numbers with no real understanding of what the tech does in the field.
Pros
good company to start with, independent
Cons
low pay, no work life family balance
Overall Great Company
Business System Analyst I & II (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 19, 2018
NCR provided me with great skill sets. They helped me grow as a BSA and taught a lot about how to manage work on a day to day and long term scale. Overall a great company.
Its stressful
Anything (Current Employee) –  Georgia, ALMay 18, 2018
We work on Financial and retail and networking calls. Advancement in this company is very low and turn over rate is high. Pay for the job is low for the work and training received.
Pros
Own boss to an extent as long you run calls that are assigned.
Cons
No time for lunch at times, scedule is all over place, Not much of a family life. Low pay.
lousy hours and pay with very little support
CE ll Technician (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMay 15, 2018
NCR puts up a good front but for a large corporation they seemed very incompetent. most of their support team is overseas (Serbia and India) to avoid corporate tax and US employment laws. pretty poor HR and territorial managers I worked with had no answers when asked technical questions. Most people their just spend the day casting blame and covering their but to keep their job. Not a friendly environment to work in.
Pros
company van
Cons
manager was incompetent

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NCR. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight