NCR Employee Reviews

Found 1,354 reviews matching the search See all 2,086 reviews
Worked virtual
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  virtualAugust 22, 2019
worked virtual as a project manager for many years. The job was stressful but rewarding. I learned a lot from my experiences as a PM for NCR. I would recommend NCR to all applicants.
Good place to work, nice environment
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 20, 2019
Company was pretty good to work for, everyone was given a chair to work at there position when possible. We would have barbecues in the summer months and the Manager would cook steaks for everyone himself. It was a good place to start my IT career after school
Wouldn’t recommend
Customer Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 18, 2019
You’ll get hired to perform a certain category of work. Then be expected to take on other roles without any additional pay. Treated like a number, not a person. Terrible life/work balance. They preach balance and do the complete opposite.
this place is horrible
Electronic Technician (Current Employee) –  Peachtree City, GAAugust 15, 2019
I would never go back to ncr. the management is terrible. the hardest part of job is dealing with management. the most enjoyable part of job is when you are off.
Good company to work for until business closed
Production Assembler (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 15, 2019
Production Assembler and ATM Tester
Full-Time
Assembling ATM machines
Normal work environment
Interacting with mgmt. and coworkers
Skilled with some power tools
Great company to work for. Everyone has the same goal, fix the customer.
CE3 Customer Engineer Senior (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 15, 2019
Working at NCR as a FSE you get to see different issues and resolutions daily. There is a great support team in place to assist, if you help. 2 weeks vacation from the day you start.
Pros
Company vehicle, paid time off, good work log balance
Cons
Working in drive up ATM’s in the Texas summer
A lot of work, body injury, Good benefits, Job security
Customer Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAAugust 13, 2019
A lot to do, a lot of overtime, too much pressure from dispatchers and manager to close more calls, culture is OK, pay is good but you will get super mad when you see next year a fresh new hire walks in with no previous technical background and is being paid more than you with your previous technical background and AD degree in electronics. Medical and 401K and other benefits are good.
My final word is that this is the perfect job for a single guy who needs a lot of overtime....If a married guy works in this job there has to be a lot of sacrifice and collaboration between NCR guy and his family.
Motivating and many opportunities for advancement
Field Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYAugust 12, 2019
Excellent place to work and learn and grow. My career advanced because of NCR and I am a better person for it. I was able to go to school nights and apply what I learned during the days. I was offered and accepted many opportunities for advancement. Great place to work.
Pros
convenient commute; recognition
Cons
extensive travel on occasion
Trying to reinvent its culture
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 12, 2019
NCR is a dynamic and changing environment that is constantly buying companies and struggling to fully integrate so that the customer sees NCR as one company devoted to their success. A completely new leadership team is working to take the company in this direction and it is truly fertile ground. There are still a lot of silos in NCR and your work experience is highly dependent on the team you join and the disposition of your manager. You'll observe all types of managers here - good and bad. The company doesn't seem to be very good about differentiating between the two.
Pros
Dynamic business moving in the right direction
Cons
Legacy systems, trying to do too much at once, inconsistent management culture at mid to lower levels
No longer a fun place to work. The upper management expect more for less
US Benefits Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAAugust 11, 2019
Prior to moving inside of 285 everyone felt like they ere important. Now everyone is expected to work more that 40 hours a week (with NO overtime) and only driven by results. The quality of work in no longer there and the new management team is pushing the seasoned people with the know of the company out of the door.
Great company with great people
Global Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 8, 2019
Culture is changing to support a software driven environment. New headquarters is state of the art and location is prime for new talent. Still working through hierarchical changes with new leadership.
Open office environment - very noisy, unproductive environment
N/A (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 6, 2019
Open Office environment is unproductive. Open desks (unassigned), concrete floors, very loud environment. You may be sitting next to people you don;t even know or work with; they are talking about other things while you are on the phone, and vice versa. No telecommute allowed either - must be in the building 5 days/wk. Terrible work environment.
Very good company with a strong legacy.
Customer Engineer (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAAugust 5, 2019
I worked in the field as a customer engineer. The company is well-run and I enjoyed my time with them. Another opportunity came up and I made a decision to leave this company after only 5 months.
Horrible
ATM Technician (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJuly 31, 2019
All I can say is horrible company to work for!! Long hours no life not for anyone with a family. After less than a year I was done! Turn over rate is 40% or more!!
Great work involved
Service Technician II (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 30, 2019
I enjoy my time with NCR for the time I was there. I was let go for some issues with my license that caused this situation to occur, I so fell it is a great company to work for as long as you do what is needed to be done on the field as required and work with your team. I would love to be reconsider for employment at this company if given another chance.
Pros
Stress free atmosphere
Cons
No much that i can say
Great Company
Software Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 29, 2019
Great company to work for. Especially in the Atlanta area. I felt that everyone here wants you to succeed. They have something for everyone here at NCR.
Pros
No dress code
Sweat Shop
Financial Controller (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 28, 2019
It was challenging working at NCR. It was extremely make dominated. They practice an unrealistic closing period for the books. Constant fires to put out because of the lack of training with the staff. Benefits and salary did not meet industry standards.
Very nice work place
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJuly 25, 2019
I can say it was a good job for me I had a chance to grow as a man and learn alot about of skills with the company. It was a company with alot of ups and downs but for the most part I will do it again if I had the chance.
All the good Management has moved on
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  MarsJuly 23, 2019
Kept getting worse so I quit. NCR took a great company and is running it into the ground. Losing market share year over year with old software and no development. New managers don’t care about people. Only money
What i learned
Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJuly 23, 2019
It was my first time working there and I learn that is an American technology company that makes self-service kiosk
Following every step.to build the machine

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NCR. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight