NCR Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,071 reviews matching the search See all 1,676 reviews
Great pay and a great hours to work. Easy to learn and always busy.
CUB WORKER/FLEXABLE WORKER (Former Employee) –  Midland, GAJuly 13, 2018
If NCR reduction in production did not go down i would have still made the best out of it and stayed as a loyal worker. great place to work and make money with some weeks offering extra hours would love to find something like it.
no appreciation to feild workers no matter how much you do for them
Customer Engineer II (Current Employee) –  new orleans LA>July 10, 2018
NCR has no concern for the feild worker as compared to any other employee. they will work you to death and wont attend the funeral. no matter how far above and beyond the call of duty they wont appreiciate what you do for them.
Pros
paycheck every two weeks
Cons
no regard for family life
Teamwork, fast pace
Specialist (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCJuly 9, 2018
Helping members from the front-line as a customer service representative educating them about their protection agreement, scheduling them for service.
Pros
Learning new processes for advancement within the company
Productive and challenging at times
Manufacturing Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJuly 9, 2018
It's a job. You'll make enough money just to get by. Overtime is usually mandatory for some assembly lines throughout most of the year but for others it comes and goes. One week you may struggle to get 40 hours and the next you may be working 12 hour shifts Monday-Friday and 8 hours on Saturday.
Pros
vacation days
Cons
work days
Productive place to work
Cert. Software Staging Tech (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJuly 7, 2018
It was a great place to work. NCR definitely allowed me to grow as person, especially with my communication. And the knowledge of how to programs and inspect the units
Excellent work environment
Advanced Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARJuly 5, 2018
I loved my job here. Even though we were laid off with only 2 months notice I loved everything about this company after 15 years. I got to work a variety of jobs, there was room for advancement and I loved the team I worked on.
Not for family person
CE2 (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 3, 2018
As being a ce, it is not for someone with a family. You will work long hours and possible work up to 13 straight days. Pays well, company provide car and electronic
Pros
company provide equipment
Cons
No home life
Productive and fun workplace.
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Peachtree City, GaJune 29, 2018
A typical day of work was very busy and fast paced but laid back at the same time. We were aloud to have fun with it as long as everything got done. We had very good managers that were very knowledgeable about the company and were always there to help if need be. I can't really think of anything that I would consider hard about the job, there was a lot of heavy lifting which I liked and the heat was no fun in the summer but for the most part the job was pretty easy. The most enjoyable part of my job was that I worked with the best group of people and remain friends with them today.
Pros
I got paid to do something I enjoyed.
Cons
The healthcare wasn't that great.
Senior Software Consultant & Developer (Current Employee) –  Tumwater, WAJune 28, 2018
It's a large company with many products that it sells to businesses, who are often the end-consumer. It's fun to be part of a software/hardware conglomerate, because the end-users are us, the consumers of ATMs, point-of-sale systems, and financial transactions. They have a liberal work-from-home policy, also known as virtual work or telecommuting.
Pros
Telecommute, known brand, great products, very skilled employees
Cons
slim teams, noncompetitive salary, management by email, accountability not always a focus
The work just flows.
Inventory Control Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 27, 2018
A typical day of work is so structured. Meetings in the morning. daily work throughout the day. I learned how to ship and everything that goes with shipping products. Management was always on top of things. Workplace culture was normal. There was no hard part on the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was the safety meetings. They were always informative.
Pros
Company T-shirts and functions.
Cons
Biometric time clock that didn't work.
hit or miss
NCR Repair Tech I (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJune 26, 2018
The building I worked at Shiloh everything was based on how lucky you got with your position. Your pay and the quality of management all depends on the department you got and it is very hard to change out specially if you are good at your job.
Pros
consistent hours
Cons
Management issues
Good company
Overall good experience
Advanced fairly quickly
Fair reviews
Good work/life balance
NCR ranks pretty high in my book
Manager Global Learning and Development (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 25, 2018
I worked for NCR for 9 years as a direct employee and 1 year prior to that time as a temporary/contractor.

I had opportunity after opportunity and I rose through the ranks quickly. I would recommend it to anyone.
Overall not a bad company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peachtree City, GAJune 25, 2018
Department I worked in needed some serious management training but wasn’t a bad place to work for. Supervisors were pretty laid back and listened to us. Was easy to get time off when needed and they weren’t strict if you needed to swap shifts with someone.
Pros
Good benefits, good security entering and leaving building
Cons
Stressful environment at times, strict on call volume numbers
Good place to work but pay is not competitive
Quality Assurance Test Engineer Lead II (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJune 24, 2018
NCR is a good place to work - you will always be at the cutting edge of technology. Be prepared to learn - there is never a dull day. The only bad thing about working at Verifone is the pay is not competitive.
Pros
Lots of new technology. Great place to learn
Cons
Compensation is not competitive
Productive and environment friendly
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 23, 2018
NCR is a nice place to work with and it`s not really a hard job I can easily learned my task.I`ve learned a new kind of job here and the people I work with are friendly, the manager is good. I`m just enjoying my work everyday and the experience I had here helps me to grow and can find another job easily.
Pros
free breakfast sometimes
Cons
short breaks
Good starter company.
Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  NevadaJune 22, 2018
Good starter company for anyone wanting to work in the electronics field. Working with computers or robotics field of electronics would be an individual 's best bet.
break fix call..driving alot and overtime workends
Customer Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 21, 2018
The company provided an opportunity to work with team players. A typical work day includes running calls, fixing point of sale systems and other IT ..
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
overwork and long hours
NCR is great!
Director, Strategic Marketing & Communications (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 21, 2018
I enjoy working at NCR, though we are at times understaffed or under resourced, teams work together to make the best of it and the Comms team really supports each other.
Plant work
Computer tester (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 20, 2018
I didnt like this job. Never get to sit. standing all the time. crowded work space . Management was terrible. The pay was good. The production expected was impossible
Pros
pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NCR. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight