NCSA College Recruiting
Happiness rating is 53 out of 100

NCSA College Recruiting Employee Reviews

United States77 reviews

sportathletesaleworklifecollegebalanceleadweekend

Get to work in athletics

The good news is you get to work in athletics and talk with families about the recruiting process.The bad is they want you to stretch the truth when speaking with families.

It was an ok place

you had to work longer hours to really make it. Your commissions were depending on another co-worker closing the deal. At the time there was no flexibility to work from home even though there was a ton of remote workers.

Pros

Free bagel fridays, wear whatever you want, summer gatherings

Cons

long hours, underpaid, dependent on other people closing deals to make real money.

NCSA College Recruiting insights

What people like
  • Support from manager
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Supportive environment
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness

Toxic atmosphere, run!

Barbaric scare tactics through management. Change bonus structures every single month to make them unattainable. You are not a person at this company, you are simply a number.

Ncsa

Good place to work, great mix of sales and sports. Pay could be better, managers are good for the most part. Wish we got better commission at the coordinator level.

It’s what you make of it

Of course, with any commission based position, it’s what you make of it. It’s a grind every day with calling families. If you are unable to stay focused and continue to call families, this job may not be for you. Managers do a good job of supporting you though and pushing you to be the best you can do that’s nice. Commission is a 5 tier level system. The higher level, the more commission and better leads you get. Every quarter you have the opportunity to level up if you hit expectations. The flexibility of location is what drove me to this job. I’ve been able to travel and work in hotels before. The only downside is they require 45 hours a week from you.

Great culture and team environment

NCSA is a great place to work! As a member support specialist who worked from home I got plenty of support from my manager and co-workers. It is an upbeat atmosphere and the company truly cares about its employees. I was only a part-time employee but it was a good role. My only complaint was that as a member support specialist they expected a ton of outbound calls to members for frivolous reasons where it felt I was annoying them with another call as opposed to assisting them. The pay was also a tad low in my opinion but it was a great culture, company, and team!

fun entry level job

Good way to get experience in sales and a fun office culture although I am not sure if that has changed due to pandemic. I would not recommend staying here longer than a year or two.

Focused on kindness, thoughfulness, & integrity

This is the perfect example of how a company should treat its employees. Includes everyone of every background and encourages kindness and thoughtfulness. I moved up from a part-time no benefits position to a full time full benefits position after only 4 months. Everyone wants everyone to grow and do better and they help you get there.

Great

Really enjoyed my time at NSCA. Quotas were difficult to reach early on, but as you grow as a salesperson, it really was not too hard to meet the quotas. Very good job to get your foot in the door of the recruiting world.

Where’d life go?

Going through onboarding was fantastic, felt very excited to start the job. The minute they laid the expectation numbers to us, was the minute I lost confidence. Being in level 1, you get the worst leads and are expected to reach goals when you are lucky to get 3-4 people on the phone each day. Literally have no time to myself or family outside of this job during the week. You get done at 6, you blink and it’s already time to sleep for the next miserable day of leaving pointless voicemails to people who will not contact you back, no matter how good your voicemails are. Finished my first month live, getting a little over half of the expectations and already getting a verbal warning. How do you expect me to develop if you’re already threatening my job that I’m still getting the hang of? If you’ve done a sales job before, or have actually worked here before, it’s the job for you. It’s been miserable for me who was looking forward to finally get in the sports field.

Pros

Coworkers, remote working

Cons

Short lunches, Work-life balance, no development, ridiculous quotas for someone just starting

Eh

Good starting job to learn about becoming an SDR. Other than that, not much going for it. They work you a lot. Of course it isn’t mandatory to work weekends but it’s very very forced. Even when you’re a top performer you get screwed over. Like I said, good starter job. But after a year or two you need to move on

Entry Level Sales, Nothing More

This is a good first job out of college, especially for former athletes or young people looking to break into sales. There is very solid sales coaching and will get you used to dealing with customers in a B2C environment.

Pros

Coaching

Cons

Work-Life Balance

High pressure

This job is all about crunching the numbers. They are pretty obsessed with them. I am not going to totally foofoo them. But sometimes you got bad leads and it's like ok whatever I guess these are just garbage leads who don't know who we are.

Run!

This is a call center job so if you don't want to make calls for 9 hours out of the day this job isn't for you. throughout training the recruiting coordinator trainers said that 8-10 people answer the phone that isn't anywhere close to true. NCSA is an extremely unprofessional company form the start of the interviewing process through the everyday job, if you want to be managed by a bunch of 26 year old guys this is the right place for you. when it comes to lead generation starting out, if you don't have past experience in working in the sports world you're not going to have a pleasant time hitting your numbers. they send you a bunch of leads that are too young to even be recruitable. its almost unreachable to hit their quotas starting out unless you praise the floor that your managers walk on.

Pros

health care

Cons

unprofessional company, hours. life balance. quotas

Ok place to work.

Ok place to work , people are nice. They really try to train you and give you as much help as they can to help you be successful. But quotas are expected to be met.

Pros

Very nice people to work for.

Cons

Not enough hours

Do NOT apply

they do not care about you, they just want goals met and if they have to threaten to fire someone to do it, they will. no hesitation. no respect, degrading.

Great company when you start quickly wears off

Unattainable goals unless you work your life away. Every level you move up the goals get higher. People you work with are nice and managers act like you they are there to help you but ultimately they just need you to hit numbers for them as well

Pros

Nice people you work with

Cons

Flexibility and pay

Good Starting Point for Someone Looking to Get into Sales

Loved my managers. Starting in sales, they gave some of the best anecdotal information as to how to succeed on the phones. They gave me a great starting point and room to be flexible with pitches, etc.The calls are soft leads so there is no outreach involved. This is great for someone who wants to get used to smiling and dialing and getting used to customer interaction.This is a B2C role that is very time-consuming, not many are going to argue with me here. The problem arises when you want to avoid burnout and pace yourself, but at the same time have to meet quota.

Pros

Good benefits, good managers, coworkers, sports fanatics, fun virtual team meetings

Cons

Work-life balance

People are AWESOME

Personally I’ve had a rough time in my short career working for people/coaches who could care less about who I was as a person. NCSA has been the light that there is humanity in this world! They truly care about you as a person. It’s amazing.

Pretty nice people, horrible work/life balance and expectations.

The managers are fairly nice people, and when hired on they make you feel valued within the company, though that attitude quickly wears off. They give you expectations to "level up" that are very difficult to hit without working outside of the mandatory 45 hours a week, which leads to an almost non-existent work/life balance should you wish to move up in the company. Many higher-level employees also possess very "macho" and competitive personalities that can feel alienating to some. Overall, decent pay for an entry level job, but the hours and expectations make it not worth the effort should you wish to have any kind of life outside of work.

Pros

Decent pay, good benefits. Work from home.

Cons

Expectations, hours, some managers/higher-level employees.

Great place to work.

I have enjoyed my time working for NCSA. Great company with great leadership. The management really works hard and wants to see you succeed. The workplace culture is great.

Pros

Great Benefits, Great people, Great environment

Cons

Long hours, Work life balance

Common questions about NCSA College Recruiting

Answered by current and former employees at NCSA College Recruiting

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NCSA College Recruiting. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits