NDT Global Employee Reviews

Shop Manager has Favorites
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 7, 2018
Try working with a bunch of good ole boys everyday, not easy. The workfloor is very stressful and any little mistake you can get fired by the Shop Manager.
Unprofessional Shop Manager
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 19, 2018
Poor Shop Manager which makes the shop floor a very stressful environment and the culture horrible. Upper- Management will dog you out for this individual so be careful. Stay away from HR, she is a beast and will fired you in a heartbeat.
Pros
Inteview
Cons
Personal Skills is needed throughout the company
Nice place to work, but don't expect upper management to care
In-Line Inspection Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 10, 2017
Overall, I enjoyed working there. I was one of the few. Most people complained about unfair compensation. Annual bonus was used to recruit everyone, but very rarely paid out as promised. Hypocrisy was common from upper management. If you do your job well, and do nothing to get yourself noticed otherwise, then this is a decent place to work. Personally, I followed all the rules, and it got me sacked because they care more about their reputation than their people.
Pros
Casual work environment, free (terrible) coffee.
Cons
Low morale, poor leadership, terrible communication, based out of Germany.
Ndt
Inspector (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 11, 2015
I love doing NDT and have 10 years experience in the field. I started at the bottom and worked my way to a senior inspector and advanced NDT methods. I enjoy doing this via Rope access at heights and in different situations that most cant do or reach. NDT gave me many chances and some great experiences. Lots of opportunities and many more to come.
Pros
Lots of growth, Great pay, Lots of hours, Many experiences, Great knowledge of different inspection methods.
Cons
Fast growing tough job market
The bar is set improbably low
Field Lead Supervisor/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 6, 2015
Ever hear the expression, "You can talk the talk but can you walk the walk?"

Applies here

The turnover is incredibly high, partly due to the quality of technicians, but also the management.

Management is tied to one major account, slowing growth and making the company very susceptible to industry down turns. Additionally, the "value" of technicians can best be described as "You should thank us simply for the opportunity to work."

This management philosophy has led to a stagnation of clients, profits, and poor overall company satisfaction internally.
Stressful work envioroment
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, Tx.January 29, 2015
What can I say this company was really difficult place to work. The work culture was not conducive to to a healthy work atmosphere. The changeover rate is something everybody should contemplate upon interviewing for a position. Culture clash between home office (Germany) and local Region made it for a very difficult and stressful place to work.
Cons
See below
Friendly environment, moderate work provided
Shop Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 3, 2014
The company and people are nice and provide a nice work environment with enthusiasm. The biggest handicap that this company has is that they are a German owned company. The base of operations is in Germany as well as most of it's unorthodox planing. They spend money on event's and on advertisement instead of in places where it counts, such as adequate tools for tech's and part's to build the tools. The constant recycling of both items will be this companies downfall as well as consistently paying for members of different branches internationally and all their expenses. The job security is about as reliable as the price of the oil and gas this company provides a service for.
Pros
Pay rate, compensation, benefits, welcoming environment
Cons
Headquarters located in Germany, Funds/money spent inconsistently on occasion, Average Exp. 2 years, minimum to no overtime for in-house technicians
Sky is the limit
Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 30, 2013
As a NDT Technician you can learn, explore, and raise your level of expertise. As you learn more your pay range can go beyond measures.
It had big dreams of being a successful company but not the know how.
Pipeline Inspector (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 21, 2012
I tried my best to be a company man and put everything I had into it but ultimately it wasn't in the cards to be my final career home.
Pros
got to travel alot, wasn't micromanaged, and got compensated for working out of town on weekends.
Cons
under paid, bad benefits, way too many chiefs and not enough indians.