Nebraska Medicine Employee Reviews

extraordinary medicine
Patient Attendant (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 6, 2018
definitely l love the work culture and advancement opportunities. the company has many benefits such as tuition reimbursement and even pays for certificates/licensing depending on what. Employee discount program; talk to HR
Continual Decline
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Main CampusFebruary 5, 2019
Nearly all benefits taken away. Poor management with no concern for employees, only revenue. Have to pay astronomical price for parking but satellite campuses do not.
Pros
Used to be a great place to work
Cons
1. Pay is poor 2. No benefits 3. Poor managment 4. No concern for employees, only revenue
Large company that is becoming too large
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 20, 2018
This company is growing at a very fast rate which is exciting but not when they do not have staff to handle the growth. This leads to unsafe nurse to patient ratios, mandatory bonus requirements, large amount of weekends required, and overall unsatisfied staff. The healthcare benefits changed in 2018 and overall it is not insurance that is helpful unless you both meet your large deductible and go to a Nebraska Medicine provider. Nothing was covered until the family deductible of over $5,000 was met. Then only covered fully if it was through Nebraska Medicine. Most people do not meet that large of a deductible so you are paying your premium each month plus your visits if they are not "preventable".
Pros
large company, many places to move
Cons
short staffed, terrible healthcare benefits
I have worked at Nebraska Medicine for many years and used to love it, but I would not recommend working there any longer.
Technologist (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 17, 2018
Used to be wonderful working here. Now with new management, we are losing people faster than we can replace them. Management seems to think its funny that people are quitting. While he only works 6 hours a day. No one knows their roles anymore. We are working twice as hard with very few people. Employees are working so much overtime that patient care is getting compromised. Mistakes are being make but it doesn't seem to matter. Really wish we had a manager that cared about his employees.
Pros
Can work as much overtime as you want. Money is good.
Cons
Poor management, have to pay to park, hostile work environments, patient care is going out the window; all just for the big bucks.
Great Reputation at the employees' expense
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 29, 2018
The employees that are employed at Nebraska Medicine works very diligently and sacrifices a lot of their personal life to back their teammates up at work. The management and leadership do not recognize this or take it into consideration.

There have been many times when the staff schedule would be wrong, whether employees are on PTO or when a Traveler completes their contract, those employees would still be on the schedule. When the day is going and it gets really busy, our leadership and management team leaves at 3:30 pm no matter what. There have been times when we were left in a bind and as employees and co-workers, we had to make our own plan to get the job done. The next day, there's no remorse from those managers or leaders.

We would bring concerns to management and leadership but all we get "We'll have conversations..." Its more important to perform cases and see a lot of patients even when staff is overworked, understaffed, and lack of resource.

But the employees do such a great job and completing tasks, the results are remarkable and patient satisfaction scores are elevated. Employee satisfaction are low which is a reason for the high turnover.

In the last 3 years, there's been 2 different CEOs, 3 different Chief of Cardiology, Various changes in management, and vast changes with staff.
Pros
Great reputation in the community. Approachable Doctors
Cons
Lack of Leadership, Management are bosses and not leaders, Terrible Benefits!
Nebraska Medicine
Managerial/Professional Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 30, 2018
Nebraska Medicine was a difficult culture to work with. The work life balance was missing from the equation. The work hours were excessive and the requisition count was excessive.
not at all
Clinical Ethicist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 29, 2018
it is a fun place to work at. you can really enhance your career development. the benefits are beyond great. I was about t learn alot while working there.
Great Hospital
Patient Access Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  NebraskaJanuary 16, 2019
I love the care I get at Nebraska Medicine, however there is no room for advancement in my career. There are many different jobs that you can work from. However trying to work in leadership is very hard to get into.
Pros
Many different postions
Cons
High cost for Food and Drinks
Disappointing dilemma
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 1, 2018
I relocated to Nebraska for this job, because it appeared so appealing. Unfortunately, the appeal has slowly diminished along with employee benefits, perks and pay.
1) Our health insurance was BCBS in 2017, and now is UMR for 2018. It is definitely a downgrade from higher deductibles to higher copays and now only NE Med is in Tier 1. Our dental also went from BCBS in 2017 to now MetLife in 2018, again a downgrade.
2) Our EIB was eliminated with an increase in PTO accrual to account for the elimination, this is also a downgrade even if PTO is accrued slightly faster.
3) Pay is average at best with insulting 'raises,' if any...
4) Still have to pay for parking (at our own workplace) and still receive no employee discount for food or drinks.
5) Incredibly short staffed in all avenues.
Pros
Experience, diversity, versatility
Cons
Upper management, health/dental insurance, no EIB, parking, average pay, short staffed.
Hated it
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  NebraskaNovember 9, 2018
I worked for them for a year and I absolutely hated. Not because of the company but because of the people I worked with. It was very high school and there was obvious favortism. They were so desperate for staff that nobody got fired even when it was deserved.
Pros
opportunity of overtime and overtime incentives
Cons
the people
Good teamwork and quality care
LPN (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 30, 2018
I generally enjoy working here, the teamwork is amazing and our physicians are professional and compassionate about what they do. The overall culture is inviting and easy to learn and grow in.

We are a multicultural facility and frequently use interpreter services to assist in patient care. This is an important part of our teamwork approach to quality care in a changing world. This facility cares for patients within a multi-state area and is continually growing as we seek to provide the best care available to the people we serve.

The hardest part of my job is working a double or triple booked schedule with multiple procedures and being understaffed.

My most enjoyable part of the job is when we can see patient satisfaction and know we have done our jobs well, when the patient sees that we truly care for them and do our best to help them. I enjoy when I get to spend time with a patient, listening to their concerns and when I am able to ease their anxiety by giving wholesome care.
Pros
Great learning facility with overall good teamwork on the floor.
Cons
Management tends to overlook staffing needs, and does not always include themselves as a team player when the need arises.
loved caring for people
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  NebraskaNovember 18, 2018
Long hours are to be worked and constantly on your feet. Get to meet and take care of great people. Understaffed a lot of the times. Co-workers become family!
Cons
no breaks, long hours
labor and delivery fun
Labor and Delivery Scrub Technician (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 29, 2018
Great unit and I had a blast on a day to day basis. I had to learn the staff and the physicians and surgeons on all of the wants and needs in the surgery rooms.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
no guidelines
fast-paced
Parking Enforcer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 10, 2018
Being a parking enforcer had its pro and cons...yes i learned a lot in parking services but also having to write citations, put on boots and/or tow vehicle could sometimes take a toll.
Pros
benefits, work environment
Cons
angry faculty, visitors, and students for receiving violations
Decent benefits, good pay, and employee appreciation. Fast-paced, and sometimes high stress.
HIM Coding Lead (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 16, 2018
Benefits were decent, and wages were good. There were yearly events to show employee appreciation, and working at home available for some areas if qualifications were met. High expectations, with large workloads, but sometimes short staff, which could be stressful. You definitely had to work as a team if you wanted to meet the quotas. They would try to help you out though if you were having trouble meeting individual quotas, and they always tried to be considerate of home life if you were having problems, and work with you as much as they were able.
Pros
Decent benefits, with good pay. Work/home balance. Employee appreciation.
Cons
Large workloads that sometimes caused high stress if you were short staffed, or couldn't meet individual quotas.
fast Paced environment with not enough employees to keep up
Sterile Processing Associate (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, NESeptember 12, 2018
while working with Nebraska medicine a typical work day would include me walking into Chaos, usually its just me and another person working ten hour shifts to cover from 6:30am until 7:30pm. the work isn't bad or too hard their just simply wasn't enough employees in our department to keep up with the OR. aside from that the day consist of documenting Autoclave and Sterrad loads, putting together surgical sets to be sterilized and used, answering phone calls from a number of departments throughout the entire hospital who may need an item or sets from our inventory.
Fast paced, hard working people!
Administrative Senior Assistant (Current Employee) –  NebraskaFebruary 25, 2018
Fun work environment in a highly technical and high risk department. However, sometimes management does not take the time to talk to employees to be informed about daily details that would make a difference to department and individual performance. Some employees are allowed to make inappropriate comments in front of patients (just because they've been there for 20+ years). There has been a high rate of turnover in the past year due to this type of behavior.
Pros
good salary administration
Cons
terrible parking
Benefits are terrible
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 15, 2018
Love the people I work with and the cases I do. A recent Benefit change has made benefits horrible. No significant pay raises in my area. Management struggles with the amount of advancements happening.
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 23, 2018
It ways an nice job to have just somethings are not done well and the management team was not the best that was the reason I left I also never received a raise
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
Short breaks
Good health care exposure
Patient Care Tech/CNA (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, NEJanuary 14, 2019
I enjoyed working here. It was convenient and the staff was friendly. The facility was also very up to date and easy to use. There was also a shortage of employees.
Cons
employee shortage

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nebraska Medicine. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight