Nebraska Methodist Health System Employee Reviews

We at Methodist Jennie Edmundson were like family
RN (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAJanuary 15, 2019
The administration was supportive and available. We did have a Nurse Union and negotiations were fair for the most part. My unit was cohesive and our director was amazing. We had one physician and he was definitely part of our team.
Pros
encouraged to work together for the patients benefit.
Cons
sometimes there were personality conflicts but that can occur anywhere.
Would have been great if management wasn't so bad
Medical Record Analyst (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 28, 2018
I loved my job, but the company, in particular my manager does not like to have people with disabilities working there. I was not permitted to use ADA parking closest to where I worked, and I was not permitted to use a walker even when I was off the clock. I have also been black balked from working in the health system in the future.
Benefits
Cons
Managenent, unfair practices.
average
Registered Nurse, Telemetry (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IADecember 14, 2018
average employer. Best benefit is the ability to have the facility assist with paying for degree completion. middle management tends to feel threatened by staff who earn higher degrees.
Management at Methodist Jennie Edmundson Hospital does not recognize employees
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IADecember 13, 2018
Management does nothing to celebrate accomplishments of its employees. They do not encourage employees to become engaged in their area by getting certifications or obtaining more education. It allows an environment of bullying from managers and employees. Going to HR does nothing to help. They tell those who have gone to get help from them to just stay out of the bully’s way. There are a few good nurses that work there but most are just putting in their time.
Pros
Small hospital so has lower census, if you don’t want to work real hard
Cons
Bullying, uncaring management, favoritisms, unengaged employees and management, few opportunities for advancement
Great learning experience, good doctors to work with.
Staff Technologist (Former Employee) –  *4th and Dodge, Omaha NEDecember 7, 2018
Fast Paced. Methodist is a good hospital. Working in the Cath Lab/EP Lab provided great opportunity to learn about cardiac anatomy and physiology. The doctors there are excellent at what they do.
Pros
Learning experience
Cons
call
Poor Management
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 22, 2018
If Management doesn't like you, if you leave you will never be allowed to get re-hired. Had a death in family and was unable to finish 2 week notice. Not only did they try to say I didn't let they know and didn't show for last 2 days but also tried to make up things about plotting not show for last 2 days. And it is funny, never a bad review and company still uses my training material at the site I worked.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Fun workplace with fulfilling job satisfaction
Therapist (Former Employee) –  IowaSeptember 6, 2018
Thoroughly enjoyed my time at Methodist, great people that truly care about the care provided to their patients. They set the bar high for what I will look for in future employment.
I loved the ER!
ER Technician (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IASeptember 4, 2018
I loved my time as a tech in the ER! I miss my job there the most out of any job I’ve had. They are very good at working with employees and heir schedule and I think they treat everyone fairly.
Fun work environment
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Elkhorn, NEAugust 7, 2018
I love my job at Methodist it pays good and has excellent benefits and I wouldn't leave it for the world but i would like a part-time job just for exta income for me and my family
Pros
Good benefits
great place to work
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 2, 2018
Great place to work, the management was awesome and very supportive. The overall institution was nice to work for, training was always given thoroughly and completely.
management was horrible
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 22, 2018
the manager was a horrible person. every time i had a problem she would turn it around on me and be rude and horrible to me and come up with things that i did wrong and reasons to fire me
Pros
the relationships with the patients
Cons
the backstabbing people i worked with
Methodist is a really good company to work for
Housekeeping Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 9, 2018
It's a really fast paced job you must be really quick and must enjoy what you do and the employees there are really friendly and Methodist slogan is Methodist is the meaning of Care
Good experience
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 8, 2018
Overall I had a good experience working at Methodist. My coworkers were great and very hardworking. The patients could be challenging at times but overall very rewarding job, but exhausting.
My first nursing job- learned so much
LPN Field Nurse (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 27, 2018
I very much enjoyed working at Methodist Hospital. As the medication nurse on the night shift I had a lot of responsibility to my patients. We were primarily a gyn surgical floor. There was a lot of pt. care, teaching, and nursing skill and comfort required.
Pros
Learned so much- my patients
Cons
Night shift
Amazing Place to work
RN night coordinator Oncology/Surgery (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 22, 2018
Methodist has been an excellent beginning to my nursing career. This Magnet hospital has provided me with all the tools that I need to succeed. From CEU courses, paid certification, amazing training courses and anatomy for me to grow.
Pros
Flexible scheduling and amazing teamwork
Cons
budget cuts and staffing ratios
Student Clinical Experience
Student Clinical Experience (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 8, 2018
Rad Tech students get hands-on clinical experience their first year at the college. Rotations switch every 5 weeks which gives students a large variety of clinical experience with different locations.
Ed
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 22, 2018
The ED staff was easy to work with and the transition from unit shift supervisor to staff nurse was easy. The ED nurses appreciated my experience and I learned the fine art of consoling patient families
Pros
schedule
Cons
I wasn't a big fan of working nights.
Overall good place to work
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAMay 20, 2018
Overall good place to work, however management often tells you what you want to hear rather than actually doing anything about it. Promotions are given to full time people first, no matter what seniority status is. Example: Someone who is 6 months out of school and working full time over nights would get promoted before a tech who has been there for 20 years working part time. Hourly pay is competitive for the area. You are greatly compensated for working back to back shifts. Team work is OK, but not great between employees. Very nice x-ray equipment.
Slow days and busy days.
Cleaning Technician (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAMay 10, 2018
Working in the housekeeping department you can either be really super busy days or slow days. There is always opportunities to perform your job well and efficiently.
Pros
Very team oriented, decent leadership.
Cons
Can get super busy.
nice place
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAMay 3, 2018
Worked there long ago. Many changes since. Left for career advancement. Lots of longevity there so limited opportunities. Learned alot there. Grew up and grew out.