Necco Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
work long hours
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYApril 23, 2018
My problem was new staff that came in. I don't know how many times I told staff that this was due and every team meeting we went over the same thing WEEKLY. Then when something did not get done, guess what? Nothing to hard if you get the right training and are willing to work long hours. After 10 years with this company I thought I would of left on better terms.

I did met and was uplifted by some or most youth, foster parent(S), and staff that I worked with. All parties came up with some great suggestions, view points, and along with making it happen. Everyday was a new day and we all learned from each other.

I wanted to see a youth have Joy in their day. Letting them know they are our future. Be who they are. Put the negative part in there life's behind them.

Foster parent(S) are and will always be needed. For some just needed to take the training(S) to a more positive side. Or ask for more of the ones they feel they need the most. Just because you are a parent and have raised 20 kids does not qualify you to be a foster parent. Ask questions, be positive and honest about the training's.
unfortunate closure and lost of business
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Revere, MAApril 13, 2018
EE kept in dark of company status corporate EE paid bonuses no one else

working with people, other supervisors was pleasant.. recent turn of events in upper management and not disclosing company statu
good job with bad pay
Supported living skill builder (Current Employee) –  Ironton, OHApril 11, 2018
you're not paid enough. simple as that, too much stress and not enough pay for what you're required to do. the management is terrible and there's little to no chance of moving up.
I love Necco, its a great place to work
Employee (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVMarch 3, 2018
A typical day included meetings, planning, and working out difficult issues with our clients. It's also a relaxing workplace in general. Wonderful employees including management.
Pros
Relaxed work evniroment with experience
Cons
Productive and fun place to work
CASE MANAGER ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVFebruary 15, 2018
I worked as a case manager assistant and did supervised visitation with children and their parents who had been taken and put into foster care. This job had its up and downs because you see so much hurt and yet you can see miracles on the same day.
Very stressful and poor managers/coordinators
SL (Former Employee) –  Pedro, OHFebruary 6, 2018
Very poor training that does not prepare you for situations before you are let loose on your own with special need clients. Awful coordinators that will change shifts on you on very short notice and will threaten you will jail time if you ask for somebody else to come in to work your shift because you were not prepared or trained correctly for your position.
My experience of Necco
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJanuary 16, 2018
The manager does not pay any attention to what you do which can be nice sometimes. Very under-paid, case managers and therapists. Great job for a BSW right out of college who doesn't mind making 24,500/year. They are up your butt about paperwork and don't pay you a DIME over 40 hours. They pretty much expect you to work over 40 hours. If you want to make minimal money with no raises and work 50+ hours a week, THEN THIS IS THE JOB FOR YOU!
Pros
Program director doesn't care what you do
Cons
Gossip, treat foster parents poorly, Choose favorites, cliques run the office
Machine handler
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIDecember 22, 2017
Running an CMD machine on a daily basic acheive task as needed being a team leader and pulling prodution to the receiving dock in the back of the plant
Pros
breaks
Cons
Vaction dfsays
GREAT Place to Work!
Intern (Former Employee) –  Hazard, KYDecember 21, 2017
I worked as an unpaid intern for Necco in the Hazard, KY branch. Everyone was very kind and helpful to me. I learned a lot about the company and the work they do. Everyone was great!
Very competitive work place.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  NeccoOctober 19, 2017
This is a place where people compete to become the bosses favorite. If you are not favorite it certainly shows in work performance and evaluation. You get a lower evaluation unless you bow to her every command. If you try to tell her what's wrong or if you have an issue with another employee, she will do nothing about it.
Stressful; Overwhelming
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYSeptember 7, 2017
Not a positive experience; difficult work environment; very poor management; management very difficult to communicate with; poor training; poor communication throughout company
Great Company but....
Assembly Line Manager (Former Employee) –  Revere, MAJuly 13, 2017
This company was great to work for but the layoffs were too often. I liked my position and the people that I worked with. It was a great environment and I would be willing to work in the same position although it was not originally what I was looking for.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Layoffs
Lack of communication across the board!!!!
case worker (Former Employee) –  KentuckyJuly 11, 2017
Biggest mistake of my life leaving my previous job to work here. No training, and the workers were immature and talked about coworkers, social workers, and the foster families they worked with. Very inappropriate conversations took place in the office. I am embarrassed to have worked here and am seriously thinking of leaving them off my resume. The other offices in the community won't even work with them due to lack of professional curtesy on behalf of Necco. Some workers took off over a week every month while others couldn't leave to take their children to the doctor or for themselves for one day. A lot of lies and deception goes on in that office!
Pros
Did get free lunch sometimes, actually seen upper management
Cons
No time for home life, very immature workers.
Intern
Internship (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYJuly 11, 2017
A typical day at work included time sheets. Then we would go over what we need to complete for the week as in home visits, school visits, meetings, etc. It is a great place to work if you want to give back to the community.
Wonderful clients, lacks healthy leadership
Therapist (Former Employee) –  FlorenceJune 7, 2017
This office is often very cliquey and difficult. The culture pits employees against one another instead of encouraging others to support one another. No two days are the same, however if you are overloaded and not in the in group, you receive no support and are left to your own devices. The clients are amazing, however they can be needy because boundaries are not encouraged. The hours are flexible, but it is often looked down upon if you take time for your personal relationships.
Pros
Flexibility, you make your own hours
Cons
Unhealthy Culture, Healthcare, No maternity care, promotes weak boundaries, little support, no room for growth
dfdgfg
Line Operator (Current Employee) –  Berea, KYMay 26, 2017
It would be a good place to work if they would help you to get a full time job. and offered befits. I worked their and tried to get a full time job and didn't get any where.
Pros
fgrfgtrtgrgfgs
Cons
fgfgstgrt
No advancement
Case Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Logan, WVFebruary 16, 2017
There is not much room for advancement in this company. They are not helpful, trustworthy, or empathetic to their employees or clients.
A place where you can make a difference.
ASO Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVFebruary 11, 2017
The work occurs in the home working to build families through appropriate parenting education and adult life skills training as well as behavior management of youth and adults. Therapists and mental health professionals are integrated into the program and work closely with direct staff. Management gives fair latitude to do your job, This program has a program of self-care of takes time to have fun together as a team. Co-workers are very supportive.
Pros
Employees are encouraged to put forward good ideas that help the operation of the business.
Cons
Very long work hours in a salaried environment. No overtime pay.
Good work environment
Child Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Pedro, OHDecember 13, 2016
I enjoyed my time working for Necco. My co-workers were pleasant and we always got along. I also thoroughly enjoyed working with the children.
Great people, Management is a little bad.
Foster Care Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAOctober 20, 2016
I enjoy working in Foster Care. No day is ever the same. The only issue I have is that the location I work for has a lot of petty drama.