NEEDHAM PUBLIC SCHOOLS

NEEDHAM PUBLIC SCHOOLS Employee Reviews

United States9 reviews
I loved working here, the salary was just very low compared to other districts. But, I would highly recommend working here. Very supportive, loving students, and friendly staff. They are very organized compared to the bigger districts.
I loved my job! I was intimidated when I first started working in the Early Learning Center. I had never worked with a severe special ed population. I quickly adapted and learned more than I ever thought possible. I had amazing mentors. I valued how rewarded I felt leaving work each day. I miss Newman Elementary and I am thankful for all of the long lasting relationships that I built with my peers.
Very laid back job. Relax and hang out with the kids. Taught the kids basic fundamentals of tennis. A lot of baby sitting. Fellow employees were very chill.
Pros
flexible
Cons
lack of change of pace; tedious & repetitive
I began working there the summer after junior year of high school. It was great to learn the specialized skill and get to see how these types of businesses are run.
Pros
High Salary
Cons
A typical day at work was going over each days different menus and prepping and cooking the food for every single student. there Is a lot to learn with food and students like if they have allergies, and each food category has its different times of cooking. very busy each day but it is a nice job. With nice people to work with.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Great people to get along and work with. Everyone helps each other. Loved the middle school, high school and one of the grammar schools.

Very dedicated staff to the job and the kids.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
never enough time
Provided administrative support to school principal and teachers.
Liaison for fire and police departments, public facilities, parents, town officials.
Family is at the center of NPS and its helpful as an educator to have families that are willing to contribute to their child's academic performance.

Management is more or less lax as long as you are doing your job and performing well.

The benefits: retirement and pension is good

The pay would be much more if the hours were 40. Instead, TA's get paid 30 hours or under.
Pros
benefits, half days every wednesday
Cons
hours, short breaks
Good - People, environment, good medical plan options, work/life balance, good school district, excellent area

Bad - Salaries are low, no room for advancement, old building for the administration, spoiled parents, high cost of living in the area, no diversity and terrible dental and pension plans.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at NEEDHAM PUBLIC SCHOOLS. Our community is ready to answer.
4.7