Neenah Paper, Inc. Employee Reviews

Manufacturing
Relief Machine Tender (Current Employee) –  Neenah, WIFebruary 19, 2019
Neenah paper is a great company with great benefits. Alot of work time and not as much family time rotating shifts and long hour weeks. If your looking for a job to get paid really well and have great insurance this is the place
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
Work to home life ratio
The company is good but certain management people are out of touch
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIJanuary 23, 2019
My overall perspective is that Neenah Papers is a good company, but your boss overall has total control over your career path. I was unlucky enough to get a boss that wasn't very good with his directions. I asked plenty of questions and got back very little information. It was like finding a needle in a haystack.

I worked long hours, along with weekend duties, but none of that mattered if you have a superior who doesn't acknowledge you. Sadly, the old guard, still manages large corporations like Neenah paper. After my second review, I had asked for a transfer and HR was entirely quiet and didn't make any effort to fulfill my request. My boss who had given me a bad review had already requested my position be terminated and no options of moving to a different department and starting over. This boss, was something you would find from a bad movie. He was that type of person that you want to call a jerk and say that you worked to hard to meet up with his expectations but he never once made his expectations clear or apparent. Even if you were to meet up with his expectations, he would change them on the fly, hence you were never able to achieve your goals.

My coworkers were very understanding and helpful. I do not regret working at Neenah papers, I just regret working for a very, very horrible boss. Yes, bad bosses are real, but most interviews you aren't allowed to express any form of negativity. Which is troublesome, because interviewers want the truth but they don't want to know the whole truth.
Great for a job without a degree
Roll wrap and Rewinder helper (Former Employee) –  Munising, MINovember 28, 2018
This company is why my family is around today. They have employed 4 out of the 6 members of my family and its never been a bad place to work. Its probably the best job a person could get without a degree.
Pros
Great pay and benefits, Guaranteed full hours
Cons
Forced overtime, People complaining
Horrible management
Slitter Operator (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIOctober 12, 2018
Most unorganized company I've ever worked for. Management sit in meets all day yet figure zero out. Worst run company ever dont know how they make money.
Pros
Pay check
Cons
Great if you're single and lonely
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Brattleboro, VTJune 25, 2018
I had to leave here due to the poor work schedule. When it was owned by Fibermark, I had a great reliable schedule. When Neenah took over, I was scheduled and forced to work 72 to 84 hours a week. They would wait until Thursday to tell you if you had to work that Saturday/Sunday... and if you were lucky they would keep you on the same shift for the following week. I wasn't lucky. I was basically doing an unforgiving swing shift. 12 hour days, 12 hour nights, 12 hour days, back and forth. Neenah also took away vacation time when the State of VT forced sick time on companies. They also made it so I couldn't even take my vacation when I wanted to take it. I could either take it one particular week in July or not at all.
Great pay if you don't mind working a million hours and have nothing better to do with your life.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Hours
Production
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Quakertown, PAJune 9, 2017
Work hard to complete my task
We work as team. Is a safety company and they give an opportunity to participate the different safety classes. They give training every year.
Pros
They give the opportunity to get up to level

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Neenah Paper, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.