NEFCU Employee Reviews

Awesome!
Employee (Current Employee) –  Westbury, NYSeptember 13, 2017
NEFCU is a great place to work. It is a very team-oriented environment with a great-work life balance. There is also the opportunity for growth within the company.
The branches offer different experiences
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Rockville Centre, NYAugust 19, 2017
It's a pretty good company to work for. The work isn't difficult. Each branch has a different atmosphere but every one is kind and helpful for the most part. We received a new manager at my branch and things kind of went downhill from there. But this is not a review of the entire company as a whole.
Pros
mostly laid back, nice coworkers
Cons
poor sick time policy, can get stressful
Great Culture, Great opportunity to advance
Back Office (Current Employee) –  Westbury, NYJuly 26, 2017
If you have the opportunity to work at what you love to do each day, in a friendly, family oriented environment, join NEFCU. We are growing rapidly and need more good people to join our team.

If you are looking to emerge into the banking arena, have prior cash handling and customer service experience, join NEFCU.
Very friendly work environment
Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Westbury, NYJuly 19, 2017
Not much room for advancements. It seems that they have made a lot of changes since I left. The main issue was they are under staffed so you have a huge pipeline that can't go any where because there is not enough people there to work them in a timely manner.
Friendly work environment
Member Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Massapequa, NYJanuary 13, 2017
NEFCU is a good place to work. Staff and co-workers are all friendly, benefits are great. They do not pay enough, and when it comes to promotions, they seem a bit unfair and don't judge an overall portrayal of employee.
One of the better banks to work at.
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Long Island, NYFebruary 6, 2015
If if you've been in banking at all, you know it can be very stressful. That wasn't the case at NEFCU. It's very relaxed here but like every job it completely depends on your team. I happen to work with a great branch. The pay is a little low compared to the industry and the PT 19 hours is a joke. They always post new positions which makes moving up in the company quite obtainable.
Pros
Relaxed compared to other banks.
Cons
Low part time hours. Pay is a little low compared to other banks.
I was very productive in saving the credit union funds and very helpful to all employees who contacted me for assistance
Fraud Investigator (Former Employee) –  Westbury, NYApril 13, 2014
I was a valued employee until a new Vice President was assigned in 2012, from there I was no longer valued and was under pressure to resign. I did so recently.You may contact Human Resources Department for further information. I had great co-workers and it was a great place to work until 2012. Although I was an investigator for decades, I learned a great deal about banking fraud and all it entails.
Pros
Great coworkers who were very knowledgable and always were there to assist.
Cons
Salary Time off plans
Nice people.
Investment Representative (Current Employee) –  Westbury, NYApril 30, 2013
Travel to many branches (5). Most days two or three branches visited. There is some support for the program, but the Credit Union is in transition, changing to a sales oriented culture with new sales goals (The investment program is not high on the list) that are overwhelming to staff.
Pros
Good people.
Cons
Too much travel, not enough pressure on acheving referral goals for investment program.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NEFCU. Our community is ready to answer.