Neighbor To Family Employee Reviews

My neighbor is a nice lady
Dog Sitter (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 31, 2018
Your experience with this is going to depend on your neighbor. My neighbor is a great lady who was very polite. If your neighbor is mean, you won't like working for them as much.
Pros
Treated well
Cons
Not paid a lot
Okay Place to work
Therapist/Counselor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 24, 2018
I had an excellent supervisor when I worked for this company. The therapy department was excellent and my coworkers were friendly. Unfortunately, I had to relocate but I would definitely recommend this company to others.
happy place to work
Family Advocate/Foster Parent (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLMarch 21, 2018
working this job I found my passion working with children living with HIV/AIDS. Also community outreach. working for this employer I also started my non-profit organization for children living with HIV/AIDS.
Management Unprofessional
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 15, 2018
Upper Management need to be more professional. Professionalism depends on her mood.. I wouldn't refer anyone to work at this organization. Considered you warned!!!
Pros
Seven weeks vacation
Cons
No training
Fun Place to work
I & L Family Support and Housing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 31, 2018
Work with foster care dependency
Reduce housing search
Management was fair
Culture is full network oriented.
Court hearing
Placement with positive caregiver.
Pros
good team work and cultural pot luck
Cons
health insurance
Productive and caring company
Lead CASE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GAJanuary 10, 2018
While working at Neighbor to Family I have learned how to effectively communicate with the State in regards to placements. My manager has taught me great leadership skills which has helped with being an effective Lead Case Manager. The best part of my job is the success stories of kids being reunited with their parents but also makes it the hardest part as in most circumstances that is the last chance to work with the children and the birth family.
Pros
working from home
Cons
Long work hours
good pay, but very stressful
Family Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FL 32114December 15, 2017
You must really enjoy working with different people and families. You must be wiling to deal with the families issues and make quick decisions. There is a lot of paperwork involved, almost unmanageable. Home visits are weekly and you can't miss a week which is difficult as you must work with the families schedule. if you have small children, its best that you look somewhere else as this is a morning, noon, night, and weekend occupation.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
stressful, depressing, causes anxiety
Family friendly work place
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 15, 2017
Work life balance is good at this agency. Great for working parents. Ability manage work load. Great co-workers family oriented workplace. Once hired no raises are given to employees ever. Worked 10 years with no raises given.
Pros
Work from home options. Family friendly.
Cons
Management is only concerned with themselves. No Raises in 10 years
Unusual environment
Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLDecember 12, 2017
Client's were able to obtain necessary assistance however, it seemed that staff was always competing with each other. Some of the staff was very dedicated to working with their client's and there was a lot of materials available to provide for services. overall the agency did a very good service to assist parents with their children.
Pros
Encouragment at times by exercises in staff meetings
Cons
Staff seeming to be competitive
Sinking ship/ineffective management
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 6, 2017
Avoid this agency at all costs!! Played favorites, the supervisor is MISERABLE and is sure to make everyone else feel the same, supervisor doesn't return calls in a timely manner, organization is losing funding and thought of incredibly poorly amongst other Jacksonville foster care organizations. If you would like to work hard every day only to constantly be criticized then this is the place for you.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Management, played favorites, condescending upper management.
A place to get your feet wet in the social work field
Treatment Foster Care Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 30, 2017
I learned several important social work skills as a recent graduate. I also learned many aspects of the child welfare system as it relates to foster care and adoption.
Pros
I was able to work independently and received support as needed.
Cons
No career growth.
Unorganized, sinking ship, no management
Nurturing Parenting Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 16, 2017
This company is losing funding and so in turn is throwing blame on lower level employees without care or recourse.
The Parenting department is a disaster. The supervisor does not train employees, changes the duties of employees on a whim, then reprimands employees before giving proper training or instruction. The Parenting supervisor does not meet the needs of the case managers and the families they represent.
Company use to be great
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLAugust 28, 2017
This use to be a great company but the executive director they hired is childish, manipulative, not approachable, retaliates, controlling, power hungry, and just down right a terrible manager. People have complained for a year and the turn over is outrageous. Only a couple people still work there that did a year ago. People are afraid to complain now because no one has done anything about her and she retaliates. Don't work here unless she's gone
Pros
The employees are fun and outgoing
Cons
The executive director is terrible and the management above her doesn't care
Productive workplace
Family Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FL 32114August 8, 2017
Supportive human resource staff. Staff are able to work as a team to support one another. A typical day at work is unpredictable in the field of child welfare however is also very rewarding.
Keeping sibling together
Foster Parent (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 24, 2017
This is a well thought out agency. This program is about keeping siblings together in the foster system. They also work with parents, helping them to eventually get custody of their children.
Agency dedicated to keeping siblings together
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GAJune 27, 2017
I learned a lot and had many memorable experiences during my tenure with Neighbor to Family. I met many dedicated and hard working individuals who are committed to providing safe and loving homes.
Lack of support and will throw you under the bus in a heartbeat.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 6, 2017
Management played favors. Supervisor was never there and it was okay. Mgmt expected you to learn the job on your own. They ask you to do something and you try & get blamed when it does not work out. Only cared about appearance & numbers. They never backed up staff. Fparents were always right. I would never recommend anyone to work for this company in Jacksonville.
Pros
Had a job
Cons
No support, Lies to you and no ownership, Will throw you under the bus to corporate if clients complains.
Avoid the Sinking Ship
Administrative (Former Employee) –  Dayton Beach, FLDecember 7, 2016
Consistent dire straits, furloughs. Below-average pay for job duties, but high workload expectations. Very small company, no room for advancement. Management does not respect federal law, nor the company's own HR policies, and will pressure to bend rules "for the kids". Unprofessional behavior allowed from middle managers by upper level management.
Pros
Non profit with positive-sounding mission, Lots of PTO offered, Many lower-level employees with kind hearts
Good work for the community
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 29, 2016
Good work for the community. Great Foster Care givers. Good co-workers. No opportunity for advancement. Low moral for internal staff.
Good employer
case manager (Former Employee) –  GoergiaNovember 29, 2015
Enjoyable work environment and supportive management, but limited opportunity for advancement. Telecommuting option is available for certain jobs and flexible work hours are a plus.
Pros
Telecommuting option is available
Cons
Busy work schedule