Neighborhood Assistance Corp. of America Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
naca want to buy a home call NACA
Administrative Assistant/ Call Center Rep (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAAugust 23, 2018
Answered and directed phone calls
Acted as the point of contact for internal and external clients
Organized and scheduled appointments, maintained contact lists.
Planned meetings and took detailed minutes of the meeting
Distributed email, correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms
NOT the place to work if you like making money and paying your bills on time.
MORTGAGE LOAN OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 12, 2018
They draw you in with the message of helping low to moderate income folks, but the don't pay well. It is a ton of work for little pay. Leadership is lacking in the Dallas office and the leader creates a toxic atmosphere. Also most of the people we help to get homes are not low income.
Pros
Helping people purchase their first home.
Cons
Long Work Hours, Low Pay, and Ungrateful Clients.
Mortgage Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 5, 2018
Great place to work. They really do help home-buyers. Learned about HUD approved housing counseling, budgeting and credit reports. The scheduling portion of the job is very taxing.
Worse company to work for read the reviews before applying
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAJuly 31, 2018
Naca was the worse company I’ve worked for in my life and I am not joking or exagerrating .. The national manager was very unprofessional and childish the worst manager I’ve ever dealt with very uneducated .. felt like I was in kindgergen all over again working for this company... their pay sucks and they want you to work your butt off for nothing for miserable 12 dollars an hr. They do not care about their employees!!!
Pros
Cons
lack of management, low pay
Dishonest! Unprofessional Work Environment! Disorganized!
Licensed Mortgage Loan Officer/ Housing Counselor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 24, 2018
There is intentionally no support from management to help with advancement and sometimes they will even block avenues to excel in the workplace.

There is constantly issues with checks and commissions. You can complain even to HR and still be completely ignored. They pretend to be about the community, but handle the employees in degrading manner.
Pros
Helping the community.
Cons
No Value on employees, dishonest.
poor place to work
Housing Counselor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 9, 2018
Over worked and underpaid. Bad attitude about the population we served and really did not care about others or their lives. Friendly co-workers however management was at time clue less and ruthless
very high paced incoming calls and a lot of data entry
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 25, 2018
we receive from 150 - 220 calls daily requesting to schedule an appointment, need an update or their file, or speak to their mortgage counselors right away.
Pros
many interactions with members calling and attending their scheduled appointment every day
Cons
I do not feel like I am advancing in this job and need to do something else
Homeownership
Housing Counselor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 5, 2018
Long days and nights. I appreciate their ability to help low-to-moderate income families obtain and sustain home ownership. Make it work for you as an employee or as a member.
Overworked and Underpaid
Mortgage Consultant (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 22, 2018
In addition to being overworked and underpaid, the manager in the local office is not qualified to manage an office and is only interested in his own agenda. The office could be successful if it were managed by a real manger.
Pros
Window offices, not micro-managed and good location
Cons
You are chained to the desk for atleast 10 hours a day, there is no management, so there is no customer service and a lot of complaints, and the members don't appreciate all the hard work done to get them through the program
Means well but process is not good. Too much work for employees.
MLO (Former Employee) –  Alabama and TennesseeApril 18, 2018
NACA means well or has a good concept but it’s slave labor. As an MLO you will process loans, counsel members, do bank apps, and outreach. It’s too much work to ever get ahead. You will only make an hourly wage from working so many hours. You may close 2 loans a month after being there for several years and building a pipeline. It’s a good place to learn the industry not a long term career move.
Pros
Helping low and moderate income families
people will be helped
Neighborhood Assistant Corporation of America (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 17, 2018
The company need more opportunities to stay diversified in the market place. The company could be a fun place to work but because of the work culture the environment is tense. The income need to be updated to the USA market in mortgages. A typical day is filled with making calls to the same members who does not want to pay their mortgages on time. I have learned 4 jobs in 1. The hardest part of the job is getting the members to do what they are suppose to do and paying their bills. Meeting new people and helping people get back on track with their bills.
Pros
people are assisted all over the us.
Cons
low pay
I loved seeing other peoples problems solved.
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 16, 2018
Organized and performed the day to day operations of the office Managed multiple phone lines, email queues and walk-in clients Assisted office staff by checking-in members by asking pre-appointment information, collected any required payments and documentation.
Fast pace the time went by fast.
Office Manager/Realtor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 9, 2018
NACA is a good program, but the company did not pay the employees well they were always in the draw, they required a lot of long late hours and sometime travel,
Pros
You help people to get into a home.
Cons
Sometime it might take months or even years to get someone into a home.
A great place to advocate
Mortgage Consultant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 2, 2018
Numbers driven environment. The application to close is a very long process, but the avocation a plus. Also you have to work of clients work schedule.
Low pay and no advancement, poor upper mananment support, endless work.
Mortgage Consultant- NMLS ID (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 15, 2018
Its a great place to learn the ropes of the mortgage field (and leave in a yr or less) as its an elementary version of the forward mortgage field. The retention rate is below 25% within the first year for a reason.. Its impossible to get ahead of the curve since you are a loan PROCESSOR and a MLO second. You spend most of your days talking to people, processing paperwork (as a processor) and fighting silly underwriting criteria.. Underwriting works against you and every turn for a simple loan qualification. By the way, it takes 1 week just for UW to look at a file, if they see something they dont like, add another week to hear back. Its the worst UW turn around time Ive experienced.

The average loans closed for the Houston office is 2- MAYBE 3 closed loans a month for the BEST MLO (on avg. since some months will be 0 closed loans), don't be lied to. You wont make over $3-4k per month (only due to working 50-60+ hrs per week and Saturdays) unless something changes. Good luck.
Pros
Flexible schedule that you can alter somewhat
Cons
Laughable pay, poor management, out of date company software, system is updated without warning and many glitches, and negative team meetings.
they have an awsome program
Home Save Counselor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 21, 2018
This was one of the best jobs I had the fact that we were able to actually help people save their homes. they also paid us well when we went on (tours) meaning when we would travel city to city helping people...
Pros
Helping people save their home
Cons
living out of a suitcase 2 weeks outta every month
Challenging Job that serves the community
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MOJanuary 26, 2018
NACA St. Louis is place where you can really serve the community. I provide housing counseling to members and am able to offer the Best Mortgage in America. I have got a lot of training on how to help families buy their own homes. We are a team that expects a lot out of each other, but also will go the extra mile for each other and our members.
Pros
Mission and Commitment to low and moderate income familes
Cons
Fun place to be, especially in real estate
Volunteer / Extracurricular Activities (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 24, 2017
NACA is serious about helping people maintain their place in society by providing a method for owning a home. Definitely helpful in turbulent times. Go to place for insight in the home market.
too many cases
Mortgage Counselor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 7, 2017
too many cases, not enough loan counselors, the process to move a loan is very slow and tedious...lots of long hours and unsatisfied customers...the company means well, but just doesnt deliver like it should
Fast Paced
Receptionist, Office Administrator, Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Jamaica Plain, MAAugust 27, 2017
In this line of work you really have to wear the customer shoes. That makes the job much easier. When you have a strong team it makes the atmosphere great. The hardest part of my job was when the bank said no to a loan and we had to tell a member.
Pros
Working with a great team
Cons
To many hours at work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Neighborhood Assistance Corp. of America. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.6InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

1.5Career Opportunities

1.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight