NEIGHBORHOOD FAMILY PRACTICE Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Great people, hectic but rewarding field
Non-clinical admin (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 24, 2018
Great place to work. There are typical gripes around policies and management, etc, but NFP really is always working to be the best they can. There is genuine support and friendship among the staff and a culture of caring, both among coworkers and for the patients.
Pros
Workplace culture
Cons
Patients can be difficult
Nfp
Lead Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 6, 2017
I love nfp as a company. I love what nfp stands for and how we cater to our patients. Its an amazing place to work.Their benefits are great but the pay rate is not.
OK, but not always family friendly
Performance Improvement Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 7, 2017
Overall good. Not very family friendly for extenuating circumstances. Not as supportive of employee's work/life balance as was presented. Not bad, just be careful. Many great people also.
Cons
not family friendly
Psychotherapist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 30, 2017
Serves under-served and marginalized population medically and psychologically.
Great place to work.
The doctors and therapists work together collaboratively.
Pros
great team work and mission
Cons
short lunch break
It has its good days and bad, I would not refer someone to work here.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 5, 2015
You do a lot here! ! Feels like when you show how much of a hard worker you are, you get overlooked. If you whine and/or complain you basically get your way. It's not fair here.
Pros
Free lunches, grow relationships with patients, learning daily
Cons
Constant shortage on help, drama, lazy, Overworked, no appreciation for those who bust their butt, no belief in hard work, favoritism
M.A/MOS/Phlebotomist
Medical Assistant/Medical Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 23, 2014
A typical day would consist of me walking in clocking in, scrubbing my schedule for the day, going over the schedule with the provider. Once the patients would I arrive I would call them back by name and birthday, get height and weight, room them, ask the reason for their visit, vitals ect document on EPIC. Depending on their reason of visit I would perform different labs from glucose to strep test before the provider would come in. Provider would come in after I was done. Once the provider is up If they needed any vaccines or immunization or blood work I would get it.
As an MOS, your at the desk all day registering and greeting patients, verifying insurances and answering the phone, tranfering the calls as needed or scheduling Appointments.
Overall great place to work and learn!
Pros
Good pay, benefits, free lunches
Cons
Whiny coworkers, drama
Administrative assistance/filing Record
Administrative Assistance (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 15, 2014
Providing patients file record to 6 different doctors that where in the clinic and providing any type of patient referrals and more. I have learned many good things that help me grow up in different levels of my job. Once I was told how to do my job the first time, I never have a problem growing on the position. I was very out going with the co-workers and we work always as a team. The hardest part was when someone die or leave the clinic to go to another clinic. The most enjoyable part of my job was the experience I was receiving through the whole time I was there...
Externship
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 5, 2013
I was able to put into practice everything that I had learned in school in the past 12 months. I was able to room patients in, vitals, injections, go through patient history, assist the doctor in Pap Smears, perform EKGs, inventory, pend medications, and procedures. I was able to do everything. Since it was a small clinic you were able to help with everything. Each MA has a doctor who she attends to and you work as a team to help each other. The MA's were awesome at every point. They we're willing to teach me something if I didn't know how to do it and they answered all my questions if I needed any. The most enjoyable part of the job of being a MA is helping the patient feel better than what they felt when they came in. I think the hardest part of the job is not being able to make patients do what is needed to improve their state of health. You can give the patient all the resources, and time but if they don't do nothing then what can you do?
Holistic approach to health and mental health services.
Child Therapist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 18, 2013
NFP does an excellent job of working as a team to treat the patient.
very fast paced, room to grow, and utilize my skills
Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  2845 tremont ave. cleveland 44109May 17, 2013
neighborhood family practice was a very good place to work, it was a great job, and it gave me an opportunity to interact with patients, doctors, and in general everyone.
Pros
very friendly, fast paced, loving enviorment, and exciting.
Cons
alot of information to learn at once short time to do things.
great organization
Medical Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  cleveland ohioMarch 29, 2013
busy
employees are overworked
great benefits
great co workers
Pros
great benefits
Cons
very busy
Never a dull day, very busy atmosphere the work days went quickly
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 17, 2012
The clinic was a very busy place and at times there was a lot of confusion and disorganization! Management could be a little better as far as creating and enforcing rules and guidelines among departments.
Pros
we recieved lots of employee lunches and i loved the christmas holiday parties!
Cons
a lot of chaos and disorganization at times!
Looking for a Medical facility in which I can use my medical assisting skills. I am able to work night shift if available.
Medical Office Specialist/Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 19, 2012
I work at a family practice. We deal with patients from newborns to elderly. I obtain vital signs and perform any other request asked by the physician. There is a manager, nurse, and doctor constantly around ensuring a safe environment. The hardest part of the job in making sure that all paperwork and documentation is entered correctly. I enjoy seeing my patients regurlarly. Developing trusting relationships with patients, becoming a family.
Pros
flexability and easy scheduling