Neighborhood Health Association Employee Reviews in Toledo, OH

Worst job ever.
Adult/Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMay 12, 2019
While the mission of the organization is one you can feel good about, the culture of the place is toxic. It is a punitive culture reminiscent of junior high. The communication and morale are beyond poor. Decisions are made from the top by someone who does not value "mid-level" providers, physicians, or any other employees. Everyone will tell you their hands are tied when it comes to improving the place d/t oversight from the top. NP's are drastically underpaid and was told none ever get raises. When it was time for an annual review, it just never happened. As a provider, you will get two four hour administrative time slots twice a month which is nowhere near enough for the amount of paperwork you will be asked to handle.
The turnover rate is astronomical d/t leadership's motto that "everyone is replaceable." They would rather hire and fire than retrain to retain the support staff. Also, there were about 5 different HR directors in the short time I was there, some of which I never met. Although the company is considered "non-profit" the money has to be going somewhere and it doesn't appear to be going back into the company for staffing or necessary supplies. One person is in charge of ordering all the supplies for all the clinics so you will be left without basics (such as urine collection cups) for months on end. You will run out of flu vaccines early in the season and not get any more. The Pneumonia vaccine is "too expensive" to carry at the clinics. Besides employees suffering, the clients suffer the most b/c they can't get continuity of care and they don't have many
  more... other options d/t their economical situations. You don't have enough time during appointments to actually educate the patients on prevention or their multiple conditions. This is a very unhealthy, vulnerable population with poor health literacy and many social barriers. For a company that claims they want to give "the best care" they fall far short of caring for patients and their employees.  less
Pros
The grateful clients, A handful of employees who really want to make a difference.
Cons
Salary, Health benefits costs, lack of support from management, not enough administration time, high turnover rate, working lunches.
stressful
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHApril 23, 2019
great place to work if you aren't friends with your boss. no promotions within. great pay but not worth the stress or nagging. get to travel to the different clinics on your own lunch time and do not get compensated for gas while you travel.
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
management
Productive work
CHW (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHApril 21, 2019
Great place. I have been given the chance and opportunity to assist individuals in the community with social and health disparities. I am under the Infant Vitality Grant which is an initiative of Lucas County to implement home visitation to women of child bearing ages (approx 14-44), pregnant women , and women with minor kids.
Pros
Networking
stressful
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHApril 17, 2019
This was a very stressful position, due to poor management and lack of structure in the work place. I loved my position, but the constant lack of structure and consistency of daily policy changes, made it too stressful to bare.
Stressful
Care Coordinator- Community Health Worker (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHDecember 26, 2018
This could be an awesome job because it is a joy to assist the community, however, management keeps us discouraged and with a heavy heart. Department management overlaps leaving too many unanswered questions.
Pros
Helpinh patients
Cons
Poor communication
Never work here
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHSeptember 7, 2018
this is a horrible place to work I would never tell anyone to work here the management is horrible they have no respect and we are overworked and underpaid .
Pros
non
Cons
management
rewarding
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 23, 2018
you learn to appreciate people from all walks of life and the true definition of serving others, NHA needs more management training but I loved the staff I worked with and the patients.
An organization that has great mission with poor management
Community/Perinatal Outreach Program Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 16, 2018
Difficult culture to work in. Micromanagement. Lack of inclusion. While the regular personnel must be friendly and caring, the management is not approachable, neither welcoming
Pros
Provides services to the underserved population of Toledo, Ohio
Cons
Micromanagement. Lack of inclusion
Poor management
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHApril 2, 2018
Low wages no raises and lack of communication by management. Different rules for different people based on if your manager likes you or not. Very strict rules that are senseless.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Lack of communication, pay
great place to work
Scheduling Coordinator-RMA (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJanuary 21, 2018
Working for this company is great. The pay is amazing, and raises are given as well. its multiple doctors and offices. They are community based so they main focus is helping the inner city. depending on which team you are part of you all play a specific role in the patient care. each management team member looks out for they own as long as you do your job correctly. the rules there are kinda strict but manageable.
Pros
a hour lunch, overtime, pay is amazing
Cons
rules are strict
Proceed with caution
Nurse Practitioner - Adult Medicine (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHSeptember 19, 2017
It's an ok place to start and get experience, but do not expect fair pay, advancement or fair treatment.

We are very restricted in practice, management doesn't listen and there is no room from growth.
Fun enviroment
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 7, 2017
My doctor is great and my coworkers they make it worth working here They hours are great they fit perfect into my schedule i have lots of free time after work to spend time with my kids.
Pros
Relax atomsphere
Cons
Low pay to many rules about small stuff like nail color
Truly enjoyed my job.
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMay 3, 2017
I held two Social Work jobs in my life and Neighborhood Health Association was my favorite, by far. I learned true Professionalism from my assignment with NHA.
Pros
Learned a lot.
Cons
None.
A good Entry Level Opportunity.
Licensed Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJanuary 14, 2015
Management, Patients and the Doctors were an absolute joy to work for.
Pros
The job as a whole
Cons
Job Security/Pay
horrible management and toxic work environment
LPN (Former Employee) –  Toledo ohioAugust 4, 2014
No respect for employees. The clinical manager and her assistant like to bully staff until they quit. When i was there everyone was quitting due to the lack of respect ,raises, and advancement... so management finally changed the policy to " No raises unless you have been at n.h.a. at least 3 years." High turnover. 99 percent of their medical employees have been there less than 2 years. This organization hires to fill vacancies made due to poor management and not for the future. They make you work for little and with out a lunch most days, bully you, then replace you.
Pros
diversity
Cons
high turnover with little opportunity for advancement.
Horrible Management
Front-desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Toledo,OHFebruary 23, 2014
No respect of employees, No pay advancement, Company does offer paid holidays
Very Professional
Certified Insurance Navigator (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHNovember 5, 2013
Foster patient autonomy and provide patients with information that enhances their ability to make appropriate health care choices and/or receive medical care with an enhanced sense of confidence about risks, benefits and responsibilities. Provide patients with guidance in the health insurance marketplace, which is especially critical for patients who have low health literacy skills.