Neighborhood House Association Employee Reviews

I love this program
Associate Teacher (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CANovember 15, 2017
good salaries and great benefits. plenty of opportunities to professional development. monthly training . Great parent involvement. i highly recommend this program
Internship
Community Relations Intern (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 11, 2017
I interned here while in high school. Great company to work for. They will prepare you to succeed where ever you choose to go with your career. All around great environment.
Productive and professional place to work in
Home Visitor III (Former Employee) –  5660 Copley DrOctober 18, 2017
I loved working for NHA lots of trainings and great people to work with. The only things that was hurting is the lay offs during the summer and holidays.
Productive and fun
Neightborhood house association (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 16, 2017
It hard to have to list of kids on your behalf that you are responsible when going to filtips. It's a good place to work with kids and learn with them new things eveyday.
Ok place to work
Senior Fiscal Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 16, 2017
I had a good boss while I was there so my experience was good. Other people were not so lucky. Management usually promotes only their own so you have to be good friends with them.
Very educational, productive, fun and ejoyable place to work
Family Worker (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, NJ 07060August 1, 2017
School enviroment is great. Working, helping and looking for the welfare of children and familes in the institution is a most. Everyone works hard and efficient.
Pros
Christmas Staff Party
Cons
No 401K
Not a productive environment
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, NJJuly 5, 2017
The school and management were great at this school, however the area it's located is extremely dangerous. I didn't like coming out the school late at night.
Service oriented organization
Teacher/Family Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 28, 2017
I enjoyed working at Neighborhood House Association as a Teacher/Family Support Specialist. I learned invaluable knowledge in the field of child development and education as well as administration.
Great to provide for in need families
Just a worker trying to save people from nepotizim (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 26, 2017
Great to provide for needy families and we are very proud to see the outcome . The only set back is the management. They only look out for their interest We see this through our big meetings. The CEO must show his big picture on the screen. Why not children and families in harmony. Always
Pros
good bnefits
Cons
poor managment in departments
Decent organization to work for
Project In-Reach Substance Abuse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 13, 2017
Neighborhood House Association was a great place to professionals and give back to the community. The culture of the company was friendly but there were some challenges with being understaffed that caused an overflow of work during off duty or at home.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Company was understaffed
Neighborhood House Association
Social Service technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 6, 2017
In the beginning this was a very good company to work for until they got another CEO. once, the new CEO came in everything changed to where they started splitting the company up and they didn't want staff to talk to certain people. The pay was very good and the insurance. They still have issues but they're still up and running.
Pros
Overall, it was a wonderful experience to work for this company
Cons
When, we didn't get our 2-3% increase
Great Company
Administrative Assistant - Yearly Salary (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 25, 2016
I loved working with under serviced families and children. The organization itself was very well put together, and the funds provided by the government were well used.
I woked as an intern
Public Affairs Intern (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 6, 2016
I had a great experience working her. I had a lot of fun with great work life balance. The management was awesome and I got a lot of support from my associates.
Pros
great cafe
Cons
nothing bad to say
Fun place to work
Clinical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San DiegoOctober 19, 2015
Was one year and a half at Neighborhood House association Project enable what a great bunch of people. Very professional and very productive.
Pros
Great benefits great people to work with
Cons
8am to 5 pm schedule.
A great working enviornment.
Substitute Associate Teacher (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 23, 2015
Working at NHA is a great thing. The staff work well together to provide the best learning experience for the students, parents, and families. They have many training to keep you up to date.
Pros
You have the opportunity to move up.
Cons
with documents always changing sometimes you have little time to compleat reports.
Fun work place
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 1, 2015
My typical day consists of arriving before the children to make sure you are there to help the teacher greet them as they arrive. Make sure you get a briefing from the teacher as to what will be going on through the day. Keep a close eye on children at all times to ensure their safety. A the end of the day make sure they are picked up by parent or guardian.
Pros
Every day it is a new experience with the children.
Cons
Some locations can get a bit far sometimes as you can be called to different locations every day.
Excellent Employer
Early Childhood Educator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 21, 2015
Plan and maintain a safe, clean, learning environment for children. Update parents regarding their child's progress. Excellent co-workers who really care about the families they serve. Hardest part of the job, when children go on to Kindergarten. The most enjoyable part of my job has got to be the kids, loving staff and administrators.
Pros
the children and their families, top notch staff who really enjoy their job.
Cons
no cons
Overworked & Underpaid
Teacher (Former Employee) –  San DiegoJuly 17, 2015
The day was always planned with activities, but I liked having the flexibility of being spontaneous with the children. I learned that it takes someone extremely passionate about working with children & families to make a longtime positive impact on the families' lives we serve. The management for the organization had high expectations with a lack of resources in place to support Teachers successfully accomplishing the agency's/personal goals. My colleagues & I work great as a team we support each other in any way we can. The most challenging part about working for the company was not having enough time to complete work during work hours & having to stay later without pay or take work home. The most enjoyable part was knowing that I had the ability to lay a solid foundation for children to build on.
Business focused work enviornment
Human Resource Analyst- Recruiter (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 26, 2015
Great opportunity to make vast differences in the lives and community of many. NHA impacts many lives in many ways from early childhood education to senior living.
Productive work place
Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 9, 2015
Working for Neighborhood House was just okay place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Neighborhood House Association. Our community is ready to answer.

Neighborhood House Association Reviews by Location