Neighborhood House Employee Reviews

Good care people and quality programs
DAYCARE TEACHER (Former Employee) –  1050 West 500 South, Salt Lake City,Utah 84104October 24, 2018
Neighborhood House provides quality preschool, youth programs, and adult
care in salt Lake Valley based on each client's ability to pay.child development center gives every child the opportunity to grow emotionally, socially and intellectually, in an inclusive,multicultural and intergenerational environment.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Neighbor House
Internship (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNOctober 5, 2018
Great avenue of resource for the immigrant community and people who are in need financially. That qualify for the position neighbor house taught us to properly use our talents for the general population.
Happy and feel good place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 26, 2018
Typically I would answer phones take messages, make copies, straighten up the kitchenette, make coffee, restock all supplies.

I learned about all the local resources provided for families in need.

The workplace culture is very diversified.

The hardest part of the job was not being able to help every family.

The most enjoyable part of the job was helping families in need.
Great Place to Work
House Sitter/Pet Sitter (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 23, 2018
It was a fun slow-paced place to work. I go there every day to water and feed the animals. I also mow over 1 1/2 acres every month there for them. Over all it is a great place
Helping disabled neibors
Caretaker/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 26, 2018
I provided assistance to my disabled neighbors by doing yard work as needed, attending appointments, grocery shopping, and helping with internet issues.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
weather
Flexible Schedule
Errand Odd Jobs (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 26, 2018
Being a runner on a cross country, indoor track, and outdoor track can fill up my schedule because of late-notice events by teammates and coaches. Since I worked at my neighbors house I had a very flexible schedule that can be changed as soon as I find out about plans.
Pros
Flexible schedule, free freshments
Cons
No breaks, no healthcare, inconsistent cancelations, pay schedule inconsistent
Respectful
Yard Worker (Current Employee) –  Lowell, NCAugust 7, 2018
I lived working for them they always treated me right and kept me motivated about the work that I was doing and kept me hydrated and happy to work for their family business.
Pros
Free lunch good break
Cons
Had to wear pants
Great
Graduate Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 29, 2018
Fun, supportive, community oriented work environment. Management is open to staff feedback and creative problem solving. Fantastic avenue for personal growth, learning, and community collaboration.
Productive agency serving an important population
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Sayville, NYJuly 15, 2018
The Neighborhood House is a growing non profit organization that serves individuals who have lost anyone to suicide and drug overdose. The neighborhood House offers bereavement group counseling with a community/family environment and involvement.
great culture
Chief Operating Officer (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILJuly 11, 2018
It's a great place to learn. We invest in our employes and we encourage them to move on when they are ready. We put our employees first, which is why many stay for years.
Neighborhood House
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJune 28, 2018
Great staff and families. I've learned that working with people is something I am very good at. The management here is organized and friendly. The culture is open and warm. The hardest part of the job is not being able to help everyone that come in. The most enjoyable part is being able to help people.
Hard but easily accessible work
Odd Jobs (Former Employee) –  Ashland, ORJune 27, 2018
I didn’t really do much for my neighbor other than help around his house. I was hired because I was about to go into highschool and my dad figured I could use some extra money. Easy work.
Pros
Low hours
Cons
Low pay
Nice house
Dog Walker (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COJune 15, 2018
Finding a nice house to dog walk for is very important. A house with a person you can get along with and compromise with is also very important. Overall, a good job for new workers
Fun place to work with no career advancement
Daycare Teacher (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 15, 2018
Cared for children from infants to age 10. Changed diapers, prepared meals. made lesson plans, created structure and organized events. planned educational field trips. I learned different ways to educate children. I Learned how to access growth and fundamental needs of children according to their age. I provided love, time, and patience with each individual child. It was a fun, family type of environment.
Pros
nice people, and experiences, educational for child developement
Cons
low pay
Happy friendly environment
Babysitter/Nanny (Current Employee) –  Irwin, PAJune 5, 2018
Friendly neighbor always happy. Great family. Happy to be with friends and family. Always look forward to being around her. She’s thankful for everything and loves company
Great place to be.
Lead Employment Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 1, 2018
Neighborhood House is a great place to work. Good Managers who promote a work/life balance, self-care, and genuinely care about the work we do.
People collaborate to use the best resources for each department to give their clients.
Wonderful co-workers who love what they are doing.
Rewarding and fulfilling if you care about helping people and communities.
Pros
Agency is outstanding in so many ways.
Cons
Funding can end.
Nice Family
Pet Sitter (Former Employee) –  Hopkins, MNMay 7, 2018
My neighbors have been very nice to me and their pets haven't caused any trouble. I always like to pet sit for them. My typical day there would be changing litter, feeding, changing water, and playing with the pets.
Pros
Fun Job
summary
Family Advocate & Parent Engagement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 6, 2018
Great culture good supervision. Hard to agree on things in consortium but they no longer have that system. Good place to work, minimal pay. Good life work balance
A very productive and meaningful place to work with supportive people
English Teacher (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, MNApril 26, 2018
I enjoy my job at Neighborhood House and it gives me an opportunity to be creative with my work. I am given free reign over my lesson plans in accordance to the class curriculum. I teach an adult ESL class of between 15 and 20 beginner students. They are always enthusiastic about coming into class because they enjoy learning from me.

The staff with whom I work is very friendly and they always give some good ideas for learning tools and resources.
Pros
freedom to plan my own lessons, friendly staff, eager students
Cons
only 16 hours a week, no benefits
Great first job.
Babysitter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 18, 2018
Being a babysitter as my first job was a great decision. I highly recommend this job to any young female who want to experience how to interact with children and be able to grow a lot through a job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Neighborhood House. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2