Neighborhood House Employee Reviews

Helping disabled neibors
Caretaker/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 26, 2018
I provided assistance to my disabled neighbors by doing yard work as needed, attending appointments, grocery shopping, and helping with internet issues.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
weather
Flexible Schedule
Errand Odd Jobs (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 26, 2018
Being a runner on a cross country, indoor track, and outdoor track can fill up my schedule because of late-notice events by teammates and coaches. Since I worked at my neighbors house I had a very flexible schedule that can be changed as soon as I find out about plans.
Pros
Flexible schedule, free freshments
Cons
No breaks, no healthcare, inconsistent cancelations, pay schedule inconsistent
Respectful
Yard Worker (Current Employee) –  Lowell, NCAugust 7, 2018
I lived working for them they always treated me right and kept me motivated about the work that I was doing and kept me hydrated and happy to work for their family business.
Pros
Free lunch good break
Cons
Had to wear pants
Great
Graduate Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 29, 2018
Fun, supportive, community oriented work environment. Management is open to staff feedback and creative problem solving. Fantastic avenue for personal growth, learning, and community collaboration.
Productive agency serving an important population
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Sayville, NYJuly 15, 2018
The Neighborhood House is a growing non profit organization that serves individuals who have lost anyone to suicide and drug overdose. The neighborhood House offers bereavement group counseling with a community/family environment and involvement.
great culture
Chief Operating Officer (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILJuly 11, 2018
It's a great place to learn. We invest in our employes and we encourage them to move on when they are ready. We put our employees first, which is why many stay for years.
Neighborhood House
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJune 28, 2018
Great staff and families. I've learned that working with people is something I am very good at. The management here is organized and friendly. The culture is open and warm. The hardest part of the job is not being able to help everyone that come in. The most enjoyable part is being able to help people.
Hard but easily accessible work
Odd Jobs (Former Employee) –  Ashland, ORJune 27, 2018
I didn’t really do much for my neighbor other than help around his house. I was hired because I was about to go into highschool and my dad figured I could use some extra money. Easy work.
Pros
Low hours
Cons
Low pay
Nice house
Dog Walker (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COJune 15, 2018
Finding a nice house to dog walk for is very important. A house with a person you can get along with and compromise with is also very important. Overall, a good job for new workers
Fun place to work with no career advancement
Daycare Teacher (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 15, 2018
Cared for children from infants to age 10. Changed diapers, prepared meals. made lesson plans, created structure and organized events. planned educational field trips. I learned different ways to educate children. I Learned how to access growth and fundamental needs of children according to their age. I provided love, time, and patience with each individual child. It was a fun, family type of environment.
Pros
nice people, and experiences, educational for child developement
Cons
low pay
Happy friendly environment
Babysitter/Nanny (Current Employee) –  Irwin, PAJune 5, 2018
Friendly neighbor always happy. Great family. Happy to be with friends and family. Always look forward to being around her. She’s thankful for everything and loves company
Great place to be.
Lead Employment Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 1, 2018
Neighborhood House is a great place to work. Good Managers who promote a work/life balance, self-care, and genuinely care about the work we do.
People collaborate to use the best resources for each department to give their clients.
Wonderful co-workers who love what they are doing.
Rewarding and fulfilling if you care about helping people and communities.
Pros
Agency is outstanding in so many ways.
Cons
Funding can end.
Nice Family
Pet Sitter (Former Employee) –  Hopkins, MNMay 7, 2018
My neighbors have been very nice to me and their pets haven't caused any trouble. I always like to pet sit for them. My typical day there would be changing litter, feeding, changing water, and playing with the pets.
Pros
Fun Job
summary
Family Advocate & Parent Engagement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 6, 2018
Great culture good supervision. Hard to agree on things in consortium but they no longer have that system. Good place to work, minimal pay. Good life work balance
A very productive and meaningful place to work with supportive people
English Teacher (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, MNApril 26, 2018
I enjoy my job at Neighborhood House and it gives me an opportunity to be creative with my work. I am given free reign over my lesson plans in accordance to the class curriculum. I teach an adult ESL class of between 15 and 20 beginner students. They are always enthusiastic about coming into class because they enjoy learning from me.

The staff with whom I work is very friendly and they always give some good ideas for learning tools and resources.
Pros
freedom to plan my own lessons, friendly staff, eager students
Cons
only 16 hours a week, no benefits
Great first job.
Babysitter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 18, 2018
Being a babysitter as my first job was a great decision. I highly recommend this job to any young female who want to experience how to interact with children and be able to grow a lot through a job.
good place to help people
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Calexico, CA 92231April 9, 2018
it is a stressful place if you dont know how to treat people. It is a place that is focused for elder people, so you need to be patient. Maybe people would say that is not a nice enviorement place to work but for me I found that really help people this place
Enjoyable environment with homely friendly people
Babysitting (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAFebruary 20, 2018
I had a great time working in a neighborhood home. Not only is the location very convenient no matter who you are or where you live, but you can, with reason, decide your own salary.
Pros
free food typically
The staff was the best part of being at Neighborhood House Associations
Volunteering at NHA I (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 19, 2018
Very rewarding experience to have volunteered at Neighborhood House Associations. I would wake up every Monday morning to help chefs in the kitchen and help prepare lunches and breakfast for elementary schools.
fun place
Food Shelf Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNFebruary 11, 2018
This place is fun to be at and the people that work there are really nice. Now I was only volunteering there so I dont know what actual employees feel like.
Pros
free food
Cons
lots of work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Neighborhood House. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2