NEIGHBORLY CARE NETWORK Employee Reviews

I loved the clients and volunteers I worked with
SITE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 27, 2018
I loved this job. I didn't make much and probably put half my check back into it but I loved what I did. I supervised a senior center where they came in by bus and had lunch and activities. I also supervised 14 meals on wheels routes and volunteers. It is a nonprofit. I scheduled the activities. Bought prizes for bingo, and threw parties, I also had to do the paper work part. Intakes, client files, meal ordering, volunteer scheduling. Meal on wheel routing.
Pros
the clients were the pros
Cons
didn't make much money
The best of the worst
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLApril 21, 2017
The job has the potential to be great. Working with the elderly and infirm is providing a great service to a very deserving percentage of the population. Management is poor in the transportation department. Rash decisions with little forethought for the aftermath of wholesale changes to routes and drivers/clients. The director is very seldom around the day to day operations and is not on top of what goes on in the dispatch office on a recurring basis. There is clear favoritism in evidence between some of the more senior staff and personnel. Benefits are exceptional for a smaller company although the pay is VERY low @ $9.50/hr for drivers w/o a CDL B and $10.50/hr for those with one.

Meeting and interacting with the clients is rewarding. For the most part they truly appreciate what we do for them and seeing the smiles on their faces when we pull up to get them is nice.
Pros
Providing a necessary commodity to the elderly.
Cons
Low pay and poor management
Loved working with the elderly clients
Food Aide (Former Employee) –  Pinellas Park, FLApril 18, 2017
Enjoyed providing a service for our elderly population by providing them an afternoon meal. My co-workers were fun and the clients were nice. I would volunteer to work there.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Minimum wage
Good experience during employment.
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJune 10, 2016
Neighborly Care Network was a great place to work. Telecommute position with local technical support. Co-workers supportive and friendly. Events for employee appreciation enjoyable.
Pros
Benefits, employee appreciation events.
Cons
Lay off
I really enjoyed the work environment and the job experience.
Dispatcher/ In-take Specialist (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMarch 25, 2015
Working in the not for profit field is very challenging in a lot of aspects for over all job security. With on going budget and funding cuts.
Loved this job and my co-workers
Program Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Tarpon Springs, FLOctober 31, 2014
This place was an awesome place to work. I was in billing and accounts. Had to moved back to GA due to medical emergency with my daughter
Nice people to work for.
Driver 1 (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLSeptember 16, 2014
I enjoyed working there,but, the salary is not competitive and there is no growth. Also, no yearly raises. The hardest part of the job is the turn-over of employees.
Pros
Great incentives!
Cons
Lack of employees
Working with the Elderly
Food Aide (Former Employee) –  Dunedin, FLJanuary 7, 2014
In charge of co-ordinating meals for the elderly - being sure the meals are served with in the proper procedures.
Pros
Working with co workers and the elderly.
Work Place is very happy
Activity Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 29, 2012
Day start off with preparing breakfast, unloading buses,serving breakfast, asst. clients as need with eating, bathroom in the am, Staff then would asst. in different activities with the clients. Staff will then set up for lunch and serve. After lunch client will then play games such as bingo,horse raceing,pool table game, wii, or any activity of choice. Client are then asst. to bathroom as needed and served a pm snack and loaded on the buses and staff will prepare for the next day