Neiman Marcus Employee Reviews

good career company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 16, 2017
good company to work for. spent over 20 years there
opportunities for growth .
good management but felt a lot of time corporate did not listen to individual stores
Productive workplace
Multichannel Associate (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 13, 2017
Very busy environment that will keep you working at all times. Neiman Marcus is a great and notable company to work for. The benefits are GREAT including the discount.
Fun
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXDecember 12, 2017
Working at Neiman Marcus was fun for the most part. No two days were the same, every day was different and that's what help[ed to make it great. I worked with some good people who was always helpful to one another,
You are working with the best at Neiman Marcus
Commissioned Men's Furnishing Sales (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 11, 2017
Neiman Marcus is not an easy job, but is extremely rewarding. Sales quotas are high, but the payoff is well worth it. Management works with you to balance work and life. You are working for a company with over 100 years of luxury retail experience. They know how to treat their clients and clients always come first. You are equipped with the tools to successfully do your job. The hardest part about working for Neiman Marcus, is that you become jaded with fashion. 200 dollars for a sweater starts to sound reasonable. Corse, if you run your business well, and use the discounts provided, your wardrobe will thank you for it. The most enjoyable part of working as a sales associate with Neiman Marcus is how involved you become with your clients personal lives. Be it a wedding, engagement, first date, party or funeral, you are a part of your clients most memorable experiences.
Pros
100 years experience, friendly environment, discounts and client interactions .
Cons
high sales quote, high expectations, fast pace, commission sales can be cut throat if not managed well.
very easy going company to work for
Dior Counter Manager & Makeup Artist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 6, 2017
very hight class store . the management was perfect we had training for all the cosmetic lines each mountth . they use to give us so much graits , and we learned a lot of things .
Pros
free lunches sometimes
Cons
healthcare, breaks, vacation pay
Nothing else to add
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 5, 2017
Good environment beautiful store. Good boss and co workers. Flexible hours lunch breaks. Generous discounts. Business could be slow at times sometimes hard to stay busy.
Pros
Good discount, benefits
Cons
Could be slow.
Good work culture in IT department
NMO (Former Employee) –  Las Colinas, TXDecember 3, 2017
Work from home and then go into work. Learned how to work with other teams. Management is good. The culture is good. Enjoyed the employee engagement and transparency from managers.
Great company
Remote Referral Support (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 30, 2017
It was wonderful to work from home in my own office. There are many different schedule options and the pay is good. Once you choose a schedule you must stick to those hours and there is not much time off. They are open 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. They actually do not close on holidays either.
Pros
Convenient
Cons
Strict schedule
The good and bad of retail.
SALES (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 30, 2017
Everyone has their opinion of retail and commissioned sales. As for mine with NM, the environment can be toxic and stressful at times. Other times it is a wonderful place to go above and beyond for your customers. I wish the employees were held to a higher standard and more professional in a luxury setting.
Childish management and Cut throat environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJNovember 28, 2017
Management wants to be way too involved in what goes on in Associates lives . The environment is Super stressful and Doesn't really provide solid solutions for help . Trying to sale comfortably can feel like a rat race and management encourages being aggresive to say the least .
Pros
1hr lunch, Healthcare.
Cons
Lack of support, No fair advancement.
Lack of advancement and lack of talent.
Loss Prevention Investigator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 28, 2017
There are very few advancement opportunities and there is a large gap of pay between their sales employees and other employees. If one of the top sellers of the store violates a company policy or is caught stealing, Neiman Marcus doesn't fire them but instead gives them a warning. If you aren't a top seller and you are caught doing the previously mentioned things, you are fired. I don't understand why they have these policies that I am paid to enforce if they don't enforce them and just look the other way. Loss prevention is basically there to smile and greet all of the employees as they walk through to start their day and nothing more.
Fun place to work at.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 28, 2017
Although it was a fun place to work, their pay structure was not the best. It was a commission job and that made it very stressful.
I have not worked there in over 20 years so I hope they have changed the way they pay their employees.
Pros
Discount
Cons
pay structure
Primer trabajo
Vendedor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CANovember 25, 2017
Primer trabajo que me enseƱo todo lo que se necesita para trabajar con profesionalidad .
fun wor place
Stocking Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 23, 2017
Cleaning out pallets to create spaces to put up new merchandise.
Also starting the shift with the work load setting up the floor for the production for the day.
Pros
good pay and always have work
Cons
high production short bresks
A Luxury company with an archaic style of customer service
CLIENT SERVICE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Work at HomeNovember 21, 2017
The applications would run super slow of course negatively impacting customer service delivery. Otherwise, kind colleagues cool people to work with huge communication gap between management and in store associate vs online associate. Hardest thing to deal with is the pay not much incentive not a lot of opportunities to make commission due to limited inventory which count towards such little rewards. The customers are the beat of this retailer and keep everyone amused and fashionably current.
Pros
Vacation time
Cons
short breaks, lacking in employee rewards system
general
Returns associate (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 21, 2017
I honestly think it was the best job I ever had, I am very sad I lost the job, wish i had the opportunity to work there again, I'd do anything to work there again.
Pros
hours, day goes by fast
Cons
short breaks
Neiman Marcus gift wrapping
Gift Wrapper (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth TexasNovember 21, 2017
I worked in gift wrapping. The manager and supervisor and co-workers were the best. It was fun to learn something new to learn new luxury Artisan techniques to deliver a high-end luxury product in gift wrapping. I highly recommend to apply for gift wrapping you will love the manager you will love the supervisor and you will enjoy the discount you get on the Chanel. It is awesome and I highly recommend it.
Liked my Job
Seasonal WFH Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 20, 2017
Training could be improved for what was expected once getting on the phones. It was too short; therefore, could no way cover what I needed to know once I started taking calls. However, my team manager was great with support, tips, encouragement.

I don't know what was hardest about the job...the required 8-10 calls / hour or assisting the affluent, self-entitled shoppers.

Overall, it was a good learning experience with a lot of things to be taken to next position.
Pros
working from home
Cons
Training was less than desirable
Great place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VANovember 17, 2017
Neiman Marcus is a great company to work for! The people and managers are great and there is a lot to learn while working there. You aren't just a sales associate, you have the opportunity to work in all aspects of the company.
Designer Jewelry Sales (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 16, 2017
Thank you ...i would recommend to someone who doesn't really need to work. I left only because I was offered more money with a signature timepiece brand. I live working with the women I worked with and have remained friends with them.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Neiman Marcus. Our community is ready to answer.