Neiman Marcus
68Average

Neiman Marcus Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA19 reviews
An A Plus learning experience!
Neiman Marcus was a place that hired me when I didn't have a clear cut career path and was at a job with no chance of advancement. They placed me in a department in which I had no experience based on the fact that they saw something in me. There have definitely been ups and downs throughout my three and half years of employment with the company. I can honestly say from the bottom of my heart I would not change it for the world. I was blessed to have a great manager who has continued to develop me throughout the years and mold me into a young professional. The culture is unbelievably amazing with people from all nationalities with the biggest smiles and warm hearts. Unfortunately it is time me to pursue other opportunities in a career with the chance for advancement with that being said I highly recommend anyone who is interested in mail room service to take a long look because it is a great place to work.
Pros
Culture, Benefits, Good Hours
Cons
Lack of advancement
Incredibly talented LP Leadership
LP Leadership is full of some amazing individuals. Great people to work for, however, advancement is incredibly difficult. Must be open to and except change.
Cons
Promotions are incredibly hard to come by
I love my job!
I truly enjoy connecting with customers. I have this obsession when it come to customer engagement. It’s all about representing the company and adding value to a customers experience.
what a day at work
the store is very high-end so the fight for a customer is daily. because no one shops in store anymore. the sales floor is very selective so you must have a tidy area or will be wrote up.
Enjoyed the work environment
I felt at home working at Neiman Marcus. Unfortunately, the job security and advancements are not there. The company continues to go through changes, from reorganization and budget cuts, competitive online business that hurts the brick and mortar business and some processes that do not make the best sense, Neiman Marcus has its fair share of struggles.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Mediocre
MAKE YOUR GOAL OR LEAVE! All they care about is if you made your sales goal and opening accounts. Management is on you 24/7 about selling and following up on your contacts. Managers literally want you to harass your customers with the NM cell phones they give you.
Pros
High-End Products- Luxury Atmosphere
Cons
The Pressure to Sell! Sell! Sell!
The best Department Store to work!
Great training system, employee oriented management, wonderful work environment and friendly colleagues, good benefits, and competitive salary, reasonable sales goals.
A joke!
A disaster waiting to happen. This company is going downhill fast. Merchandise is so overpriced. The term "Needless Markup" couldn't be more true. Wouldn't be surprised if the company goes under within the next five years.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list, but definitely the management.
love to work long hours
I always worked with people and I enjoyed working with cosmetics. Work brings joy to my life and I love to be active and to achieve the goal of my team
Pros
free samples
Good Place to Work
It is a good place to work. Everyone seems to enjoy each other. It is like working with family. The hardest part of the job would be waking up early in the morning.
Great work life and balance
This job was great in the sense that it provided a great work life and home balance. The only con's I can think of are that it was pretty slow paced, and there was a lot of cold calling involved. But overall, a great place to work.
Going on 5 years!!
Management is caring and believe that we all matter. My only concern is that they are closing a lot of stores so I'm not sure what the future for the company will in tell...
Pros
Discount and felxable hours
Cons
None so far... Im happy
Interacting with people
The most enjoyable part of the the job being a jewelry specialist. I got to introduce customers to new pieces of jewelry. I got to show staff new pieces and give information on each piece.
Cons
the hours
Great Work Life Balance
Great work/life balance.
Very lenient return policy.

No real opportunity for growth. Many of the members of the management team have been in their respective roles for more than 15+ yrs, with no intent of moving on to something more challenging.
"Stylist" position is actually a sales associate position
I worked at the location in Tyson's Corner Mall with the job title of stylist. Many of my co-workers could not tell the difference between fake designer items and real ones despite working along side brands such as DVF and Alice +Olivia. The stylist position is Cusp's version of a sales associate, but don't tell the staff. A typical day at work consisted of dressing mannequins and the occasional customer. The store is always clean, and the backroom is organized nicely. The customer's are typically friendly and outgoing. Pay is hourly plus a small commission percentage. Management is professional (for the most part). Co-workers, on the other hand, need help with the fashion industry allusions that developed from their job titles.

With that said, if you have been a real personal shopper or stylist in the past---or if you study fashion, do not waste your time applying. If you are looking for an excellent environment to begin your retail career, the stylist position will be great for you. Just do not trust your co-workers! There is a lot of gossip and cattiness that takes place here. Since the company is new and successful there are plenty of growth opportunities. Other locations may provide you with a better experience.
Pros
work with great brands, store is near Starbucks
Cons
Gossip, Pay
Great work environment
Providing excellent customer service is preached working for Neiman's. Developing a great relationship to the customers is also important to the company.
Pros
Flexible Scheduale, Great work environment, Fashionista's apply
a very fun place to work
i loved working for neiman marcus i loved helping clients with any of their needs and i loved working with all kinds of people
Pros
free products
Cons
having to working long hours in the evenings
Great Department store!
High Class department store. Has quality merchandise, and is known for giving top notch customer service.
Wonderful place to work and grow!
I enjoy working for Neiman Marcus. No day is ever the same. The focus on customer service is key and guarantees success. I enjoy the ability to grow, the company certainly recognizes hard work and supports you in your endeavors to be promoted.