Neiman Marcus Employee Reviews

Found 1,273 reviews matching the search See all 1,278 reviews
Terrible company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Los AngelesOctober 19, 2018
Really terrible.
Like extremely terrible when it comes to communication and or assisting you with anything. Terrible company, stay far far far far away
Pros
Cons
Terrible communication
ok place
Sales Associate/Stylist (Former Employee) –  Westchester, NYOctober 17, 2018
great company to work for in terms of benefits and discount.the westchester location as little to nothing to sell.and if you go in as draw vs commission.forget it and run for your life.you will go in arrears and you never will be able to get out,just 1 big game and you will go home with just your salary and never see your commission again and end up owing the company.if you go in as salary plus commission then thats a little better.
Pros
discount
Cons
pay structure (draw vs commission) is ridiculous
Communicating is an important part of every company’s success!!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 14, 2018
Neiman Marcus, ability to take ownership of a task and resolving issues has been very rewarding for my retail career understanding the necessity to keep the customers needs in mind has been key in customer satisfaction! It’s important sharing ideas, concerns and achievements in order to succeed any company standards.
Pros
Demonstrating a high level of expectations external and internal leadership.
Cons
The return policy
Flexible
Stocking Associate (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 10, 2018
Good place to work for any individual who want to work. climate control environment no stress, friendly co-worker and polite HR and supervisor. clean environment
Lovely, high end merchandise
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 9, 2018
I learned so much about women and men's high-end merchandise, that 9 out of ten times that I guessed a size I was correct. Customers loved my expertise on the merchandise sold and what was best for them.

The diversity in cultures was also fun because I come from a military family, giving me the opportunity to converse in different languages.

The best part of these jobs where the opportunity to work with some of the friendliest managers. They were available to any questions or additional training if needed.
Pros
rewards given for hard work and accomplishments
Cons
only 30 minute lunches where hard to fit in our busy schedule
Work is like a production line & management is a problem.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 7, 2018
The work was no longer creative. It can be compared to a monotonous assembly line that can't keep up. Management was also a problem. Some managers were very disrespectful, condescending and lacked empathy. With no regard for you as a co-worker or even a person, that will affect your work life (as well as personal). Some managers just got the title of "manager" but had absolutely no training on how to work with or manage others, let alone lead. We're not saving the lives of millions of Americans, so I can never wrap my head around someone being disrespectful and passive aggressive. But not all managers exhibited this type of behavior. There were just a few rotten ones that really make you question your time with the company. If your lucky to get a good one, then maybe it can make you days go a lot smoother.
Pros
Still thinking....
Cons
Management, passive aggressive tactics, no support or training, no growth
Commission Sales
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 4, 2018
Managers do not care to develop talent as sales associates are paid full commission - sales associates who figure out how to make money on their own stay and the ones who can't figure it out on their own leave.
Pros
good discount, stylish dress code, limitless selling potential
Cons
salesflor is flooded with salespeople because the company only has to pay when we sell
A Beautiful Place to Work, For Retail
(Lead/Product Specialist)/Bobbi Brown Cosmetics (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAOctober 4, 2018
Overall, this is one of the prettiest retail companies to work for. It is clean and exceptional in many ways.

As my 4 year old daughter asked me when visiting, "Is this heaven, mommy?" (after seeing the cascading glass butterflies dangling from between the escalators). I responded, "Retail Heaven, sweetie".
You are a number,it’s ll about how much you sell
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  IllinoisOctober 3, 2018
Over the years company changed .As far as I’m concerned I didn’t want to be part of it anymore ,so I quit after 23 years working
You have NO life ,allot of times taking emailing your clients and calling them home! You work all weekends and often all Holidays including late evenings and sometimes from 9-9 .
Company doesn’t care about you as a person nor it will stand up for you in a situation.
You are watched by store security and corporate security the whole time.Everything you do gets reported.
Is in it great place to work at.? snitches everywear.? Ready to destroy your good name for your client book.
You must Sell high ticket items and know or find out your clients financial ability !. Yes ! I couldn’t work like this anymore it was wrong and against my dignity.
I left after 23 yers and never looked back .It was the best thing I did for my self.
Pros
Cons
This company is sinking ship
I really enjoyed working at this company the people was friendly and also the cusotmers
Presser, Spotte, Delivery and Clerical Worker (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 30, 2018
During my time that this company I grown to love my work place and my co-workers. The location was great and the pay was great. If I had to go back I would.
Pros
The benefits
Cons
There were no cons about this job
Fun place to work
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CASeptember 27, 2018
Management are fair and team work exist. I were different hats being a customer service which made me more valuable to the company. Weekly meeting to update how the store is doing and educating us how we can perform better is a weekly practice.
Pros
Not provided 40 hour work per week
Cons
37.5 hours weekly is not enough
It was super easy
Costumer Service/Gift wrap (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 27, 2018
I started in 2009 all the way to 2017. I really loved this job but it was only seasonal. I stared off doing gift wrap around Christmas. They had me in the front desk,for the costumers that would pick up there orders/gifts. I answered the phones,and also took orders.
Pros
flexible
Cons
only part time
Competative work place
BEAUTY AMBASSADOR (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 26, 2018
As a Neiman Marcus employee it was very important to provide the best costumer service and give your clients an unforgettable moment. I have learned a lot about building my own clientele and also how to treat costumers and how to solve problems at work.
Pros
Great benefits and employee discount
Cons
Working schedule
Neimans
Dining-room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 25, 2018
Neiman Marcus was a fantastic company to work for. I worked there through the restaurant as well as the men's fashion department. Seeing both sides of the company leadership showed how great a company Neiman Marcus is.
Motivating and challenging environment to work at.
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Cabazon, CASeptember 25, 2018
I loved working at Neiman Marcus last call. So much fun, great management, challenging, competitive and motivating.
The more I see customers happy, the more I feel accomplished and motivated. When I see a coming back customer looking for me specifically I feel the success.
Pros
Free lunches
Fun to work with the team
Backstage Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 24, 2018
I was only worked on Fashion show Backstage for few days .
They were very nice Professional and caring
I was happy doing business with them
I hope I work with them again one day.
The opinion
REGIONAL LOSS PREVENTION INVESTIGATOR (Former Employee) –  Estero, FLSeptember 21, 2018
My opinion of the company is neutral there is lot of isssed with them laying parole off cutting jobs the mgt was very aggressive towards employee . The store mgr was always all over the place never really there for employees
Pros
It was a fun place has far has customer service
Cons
Mgt pay. Job security
work hard and you will be rewarded
LOSS PREVENTION ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 19, 2018
retail isn't what it use to be, but Neiman marcus is still one of the best to work for. It's like any other job if you complain and don't put in effort, then what do you expect.
Was open to trying new things
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 15, 2018
I believe that Neiman’s is a good stepping stone and networking space. When it comes to advancement in the company it will be a long time before you see any change.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Advancement opportunities were limited
Fast paced and competitive work environment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 15, 2018
I liked working there and learning new things about their products. We had weekly products we had to study and try to promote with each incoming order.
Pros
Samples of products.
Cons
Getting a call transferred to you without notes about why from other employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Neiman Marcus. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight