Neiman Marcus Employee Reviews

Found 1,368 reviews matching the search See all 1,375 reviews
good place to work
quality control agent (Current Employee) –  Texas, LcFebruary 17, 2019
no stress, good team work I learned that the customer is the priority. they have good benefits. however short break .sometimes slow you can't even make 40 hours.
Toxic Politics
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 15, 2019
Terrible company culture. Overworked with out moral/monetary appreciation. Awfully structured business model. HR department may as well be nonexistent.
Excluding some talented individuals in upper management - that ultimately lack any severity in their opinions (due to the amount of opposing individuals). Tenured employees are resistant to change because it would potentially shed light on their incompetency.
Pros
Meeting some talented individuals, exposure to (very few) inspiring individuals in management.
Cons
expensive coverage, bad working conditions, cheap, toxic company politics.
Customer Service driven
Manager, Fine Jewelry and Timepieces (Former Employee) –  Short Hills, NJFebruary 15, 2019
Neiman Marcus was a client first organization. The client was always first which was the culture of the entire store. Having the flexibility to always strive to please the client was rewarding
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Advancement
Loved it
Nars Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 15, 2019
I was so lucky to have a great boss. Great group of people as well. Laid back environment. As long as you were selling they gave you a lot of freedom to build your business and clientele. Spend my days preforming skin and makeup application on clients, was able to devote time to assist clients with choosing appropriate products. Made a lot of phone calls during slow times. More pressure during slow times. Had a lot of great events but too many. Coming in to work at the store I had to be thick skinned, it was very competitive and other sales associates could be difficult until they got to know you.
Pros
Lunch trainings, gratis, discount, great retail hours
Cons
Overly competitive at times, difficult during tough business times
Lack of abvsncement opportunity
Rather not say (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIFebruary 14, 2019
I went to Neimans because they told me they try to always promote from within. That is not the case and it’s mt biggest issue. They prefer to bring in outside people vs looking at excellent internal talent.
Pros
Discount though that’s getting worse
Cons
Managers do not foster their employees to promote in the organization.
Paid good but short hours
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Pinnacle point , Dallas TXFebruary 12, 2019
On production, competitive yet paid fair just didn't give enough hours but does give paid sick days , holidays as well just doesn't communicate very well
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Short breaks
FASHION/ SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 10, 2019
Great company culture where there are many fun sponsored events inside the store to promote business. Days where we can dress down if we donate for a cause once a month. Excellent benefits and discount on products. Great coworkers as well as clients. The type of relationships that go beyond professional. Industry leader in using technology to increase business. Excellent company to work for.
Pros
Pay, benefits, and people
Cons
Tough schedule for holidays
Competitive Work Environment
Sales Associate, Product Specialist (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAFebruary 6, 2019
The retail industry can be extremely competitive, especially when its a commission based environment. The inconsistency with sales can be very challenging and I'm ready for a change in my career.
Pros
Great Benefits.
Cons
Inconsistency in pay.
Great Company
Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 5, 2019
I love working at Neiman Marcus. Great Culture. Everyone is polite and professional. I feel safe here. The work environment is quite busy and productive. I enjoy my management team because they are alwyas looking for new ways to make our job easy.
cut throat uncomfortable environment,
VISUAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 3, 2019
The management team is a popularity contest, very unprofessional, very inappropriate, company overall makes huge cuts and lets long lasting employees go frequently. Visuals have no experience and no work ethic. Overall store feeling to outside customers is stuck up and rude employees. i would never suggest anyone to work shop or eat there.
Busy
Gift Wrapper (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIFebruary 2, 2019
always on your feet and fast pace. everybody i worked with was very kind and loved to talk. i never had a problem asking for a day off that couldnt work.
I worked from home as a customer service representative. Nice
Work from Home Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Worked from HomeFebruary 1, 2019
Nice. The training lasted about 4 weeks. You could choose your own hours working from home. A lot to learn, but worth it. Training was easy at times, but if you had a difficult moment the instructor was very available to explain and made sure you understood. Taking live calls became easier and easier each time you took a call.
Pros
Work from home. Choose your own hours
low pay, hard work and oppressive management
CUSTOMER SERVICE AND SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX 75209January 31, 2019
Very low hourly pay with yearly raises that are less than .50! Very hard work. Managers are mostly oppressive. I enjoyed the co-workers. The discount was very nice.
Pros
great discounts on purchases
Cons
You dont make enough to enjoy the discount
great place to work if you want to make money based on your productivity
Selling specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 29, 2019
a typical day is reviewing your customer base and reading the marketing material. Calling client regarding upcoming events, opening credit applications, assisting walk up clients with purchases throughout store.

the hardest part of the job is taking back returns when clients change their minds
Commission based selling
Sales Floor Associate (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJanuary 29, 2019
Flexible hours with a commission structure. This store allows you to sell luxury goods from high end makeup to handbags to your client on a commission based structure
High End retail
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 28, 2019
I began as an associate in the active department, which was great, because I worked hourly+commission. However I was not prepared by the lack of customers in the store. I was given goals that were unattainableto make and resulted in a deflated mind set. However, I kept going and to this day I'm still working at Neiman Marcus. I am not a quitter.
Seasonal
Seasonal Sales Associate, Formal Dresses (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 28, 2019
Retail schedule sucks and is unrealistic for a real life. I will never opt for a position in retail by choice again. The people are pompous and the pay sucks.
Excellent company to work for
Counter Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 24, 2019
Manage counter and online sales
Friendly staff and clients
Cutting edge tools for success
Digital first concentration
Excellent trainings
Beautiful surroundings
Pros
employee discount beautiful surroundings
Productive and fun workplace
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 23, 2019
A great place for growth and job advancement
The people are great friendly Benefits are okay raise are few and minimum great locations fun holiday activities
boring, lots of servers, slow place and make 50. 00 dollars per day and go home.
Waiter (Current Employee) –  Short Hills, NJJanuary 23, 2019
Easy place to work but low pay and no hope to move up, I graduated with BA and I apply for a management position and their response was, not qualify, that I had no experience. After 6 years working for them and no appreciation for anything, it is just not worth it.
Pros
short hours
Cons
no pay, no hope for future

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Neiman Marcus. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Neiman Marcus.

Powered by Comparably