Nekter Juice Bar Employee Reviews

Poorly managed despite well intentions.
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 15, 2019
There is a lack of consistency, stability and support from managment. There always seemed to be some drama or confusion around seemingly simple issues. Problematic people are kept on far too long because nobody knows how to confront an issue in an efficient, practical, or kind way. Hours and work days were almost never kept consistent even week to week. It was a frustrating work environment.
Pros
Free drink or bowl per shift
Cons
No guaranteed breaks.
Very raxed place to work with yummy food!
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 8, 2019
Four star rating because my manager was just not a good manager. Thankfully, they replaced him with a great manager! I loved the customers and my coworkers. They pay attention to your schedule, and each location always has a good amount of employees so finding someone to cover a shift was never a huge hassle. It’s an easy job that pays way better than minimum wage. Also, you get tips & free food!
Pros
Free food, discounts, tasting, flexible schedules
Cons
Short breaks, lots of cleaning
Stressful: there are better places to work
Juicer/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAJanuary 31, 2019
A juicer at Nekter has a variety of responsibilities: making drinks/bowls, prepping fruits and vegetables, cleaning, and working the register. All of this is fine on paper, but due to poor management and the overall setup of the store, it becomes much more stressful than it needs to be.
I can't say if this is true for all Nekter locations, but we were constantly understaffed, and the juicer machines were poorly maintained, breaking every day. Both of these resulted in an endless pile of tickets and angry customers.
Management was very disorganized, and did not set its workers up for success. They admitted to not maintaining their hardware properly when problems started arising.
As a part time job, there are better options. You will be under CONSTANT stress here, with absolutely nothing in return. Other jobs have commission, tips, bonuses, and less stress overall. You will constantly be thinking "they don't pay me enough for this," and you're right!
I was also only scheduled for six hours a week, and wasn't even officially out of training after a month. It just shows the inefficiency of the management of this branch.

However, making smoothies and bowls was pretty fun, and the coworkers were nice.
Pros
Free drink per shift
Cons
Stressful, poor management, poorly maintained juicer machines, no job growth, bad pay
Fun and interesting workplace
Sales Associate; Juicer (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAJanuary 11, 2019
I honestly would have a blast everyday at work. It was social and friendly work environment. I would look forward to going to work because not only was it a job but I was around people who I became friends with.
Horrible work environment
Juicer and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJanuary 1, 2019
Working at Nekter was a pretty awful experience. When your store isn’t owned by corporate, and the owners have no idea what they’re doing, it gets difficult. The competition and drama between coworkers is awful, and the amount of people I worked with that would get high at work and use hard drugs outside was awful, especially because we had 16 and 17 year old kids working there. I was let go because of a week long vacation I took to see family across the country, which I had approved two months prior. My boss called me while I was still out of state and refused to give me my check, and when I did get it it was about half of what I should’ve been paid. I loved a lot of my coworkers, it was a beautiful store which really did make quality food, but there is so much that could be improved.
Pros
One free menu item a day
Cons
No breaks, odd scheduling, poor management
Fun place to Work
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CADecember 2, 2018
During my time at Nekter Juice Bar, it was enjoyable and a healthy work environment. My coworkers became like family and supported each other every shift.
Productive and Casual Work Environment
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CADecember 1, 2018
I have enjoyed ny time at Nekter and I have gained valuable tips in regards to customer service and properly displaying a food service product. It is a very casual environment, and I am seeking something more professional that I would have potential in staying in for a long period of time.
Productive and friendly work environment
Cashier and Smoothie Maker (Former Employee) –  Danville, CANovember 13, 2018
I learned the importance of good customer service, such as how to meet customer's satisfaction and needs. I also learned how to handle payments and receipts in the store. The manager was my favorite to work with and I was always excited to go to work.
Pros
Free juice cleanse, discounts, tips
Cons
Stressful
Easy laid-back vibe. But people still get their jobs done
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CANovember 2, 2018
The manager is one of the best I've worked with. Everyone else was subpar. Complaints would go to the manager whose hands were tied by the owner. He does his best despite the handicap.
Pros
one free 16 oz per shift
Cons
no healthcare
Fun upbeat place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Eugene, OROctober 23, 2018
Fun, lively place to work, with fun coworkers. Easy job to do, and not very stressful, unless it get busy and were short staffed. Cool fun work enviroment with good music and an easy going manager.
Pros
Fun and easy
Cons
not really room for growth
Keeps you busy at all times!
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CAOctober 18, 2018
There probably wasn’t one moment where you wouldn’t be doing something. Whether you’re a shift lead or not, it’s still a fun a busy work environment to be in.
Pros
Free lunches/break food, tips are given
Cons
Sometimes overwhelming
Fun, easy job
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZOctober 12, 2018
There was a lot to be desired at the juice bar. But all in all Nekter does a good job of making a realistic and manageable position for younger people. With incentive to move to managerial positions.
Amazing coworkers
Juicer (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 7, 2018
Overall Nekter is a great place to work with a friendly staff. The hours were very flexible and the manager would always make your schedule fit to to your schedule.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
short breaks
Sales associate
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 3, 2018
Cashier, social skills, product production, cleaning, organizing, working with other employees, maintaining efficient work ethic, upselling products, advertising new products, etc.
fun workplace
Shift Lead and Juicer (Former Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CASeptember 20, 2018
Flexible hours and a fun but focused working environment. I was happy to be a part of a team that really focused on and represented the importance of health in daily life.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no breaks
Productive and fun work environment
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 17, 2018
Nekter Juice Bar was just a part time job to me but I was happy to go to work everyday because of the people I worked with. I had an amazing manager that was willing to work with my schedule as I was a full time student and worked a part time internship. I have no complaints about the job.
Pros
Yearly raises and free lunch
Cons
N/a
The Jax beach location
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 27, 2018
It’s a revolving door and no one stays due to the owner. It’s has gotten to the point that he is offering $14-15 an hour to try to keep his employees but people are still quiting even with the new pay offer.
Pros
Free menu item?
Cons
Everything else
High energy and great environment
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  2000 E. Rio Salado Pkwy. Tempe, AZ 85281August 26, 2018
Nekter Juice Bar has a great management team that makes the learning and working experience simple and relaxed. The daily goal as an employee is to meet customers with positive energy and an educated suggestion on how to assist the customers with what they need. The structure that the management has created in order assist employees to meet business needs and expectations is flawless. It's an ideal environment for anyone looking for a great place to work.
Team nekter!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAAugust 9, 2018
Very fun culture to work in. The nekter team is hard working, easy going and supporting. The overall brand and values really matter to everyone who works there and it was a great time had.
Bad Experience
Juicer/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hermosa Beach, CAJuly 23, 2018
Our manager was never in store, and when he was in store, he would go missing for hours at a time. Our assistant manager took the position and the power went to his head. When our assistant manager first got promoted, six people immediately quit because of how disappointing the decision was.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nekter Juice Bar. Our community is ready to answer.