Nelson Staffing Employee Reviews

Safety Issues
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CADecember 9, 2018
A typical day at work starts by clocking in, then grab & log into rf scanner, then a quick meeting. Then your off and running picking orders. Pulling a bread rack 4 shelves high. And the totes you pick from are too high over your head. When you get done you head to the packers area unload your rack pick up more totes and your off and running again. Having to meet a quota of 150 items picked an hour. There were only 2 people that ever hit those numbers.

Stead running into people, tripping over boxes, and trying not to have products fall on your head.
crazy place to work at.
Was hard work
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CAOctober 24, 2018
I like this job is was hard work but we always had fun the team was welcoming, everything was on time, like breaks & lunch from the time you clock in there’s always work
Okay place to work for if you're looking for a job asap
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CAOctober 23, 2018
It's an okay place to work for if you want an extra income. The only bad part is they will end the assignment without any notice. The office is not diverse. I didn't see any other races working at that office. Just all caucasian people. They pick & choose who they want to give the good paying temp jobs too. I wouldn't recommend this temp agency to anybody.
Pros
They get you to work right away
Cons
End your assignment without any notice
it is good place to work.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAOctober 20, 2018
i had an opportunity from Nelson staffing to became a full time employee at tesla. i can recomend Nelson staaing to any one who looking for an opportunity to work their.
They were quick to find me a job
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Napa, CAOctober 9, 2018
They are quick to find a job for you. Your typical staff agency. Weekly paychecks and I got hired on from the site they sent me to. The manager I had, Virginia was awesome. Always explained things to me clearly and gave me tips.
Wouldn’t recommend for employment
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAOctober 7, 2018
The jobs they have to offer are not jobs in which you will gain further skills and experience. Both management in office and at the work sites were extremely unprofessional.
Pros
Quick and easy to apply and begin working.
Cons
Unprofessional work environments
Nelson takes excellent care of their employees.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CASeptember 12, 2018
I have had the privilege of working for Nelson Staffing in Northern and Southern CA. They represent top of the line clients and are very responsive to both their employees and clients needs.
productiviy
Telemarketing Representative (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 28, 2018
I loved working with all sort of people.I am a people pleaser.I wish I could open up a daycare facility.I progressed a lot of skills in Nelson Staffing company. I enjoyed my job pretty much.the hardest part of my job was leaving each day to go home.
Work was steady
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Napa, CAAugust 23, 2018
Nelson will find work for you. I enjoyed my employment with them. I would work for Nelson in future. It's a good company. You have to be willing to work.
Pros
Employment will happe
Cons
Healthcare
Very Unorganized Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  IRVINE, CAAugust 22, 2018
Advertised for customer service job for a company that turned out to be Fake!! Company was having people make up fake emails and doing cold calling which was not in the job description. Temps were walking off the job site left and right. Just a bad way to do business as far as I am concerned. Never went back to the assignment or to Nelson.
Pros
Cons
Bad company to work for - they lie!!
Official response from Nelson Staffing
September 4, 2018

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your experience with Nelson. We take all feedback extremely seriously, and I'd like to offer our sincere apology your experience did not meet your expectations. We'd love to talk with you directly so we can understand exactly what happened, as it's very important to us to make sure everyone we place in a position thoroughly and accurately understands the requirements and duties of each job. Please drop us a line at feedback@nelsonjob.scom. Thanks!

They need to pay there ppl and treat them with respect
Warehouse work, Order (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAAugust 13, 2018
They need to not mess with pplz lunches stand up for there workers n do what’s right in my opinion they are cheap n do not want to hire u they want to use u like toilet paper then throw u in the trash
Pros
Not much to say
Cons
Used to get screwed out of my breaks n lunches all the time
Official response from Nelson Staffing
September 4, 2018

Hi there – thank you for taking the time to leave your review. The wellbeing of each of our Nelson team members is always our top priority, and I'd like to offer a sincere apology that your experience did not reflect this. We take feedback very seriously, and we'd like to learn more about what you experienced so we can act quickly to make any appropriate changes. Please contact your Nelson recruiter or our general feedback line at feedback@nelsonjobs.com so we can discuss further. Thank you!

Buen trabajo
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Petaluma, CAAugust 8, 2018
Les falta poner atención a los trabajadores y tener mejor paga
Pros
Muy poca paga
Cons
Trabajos muy pesados
Nelson staffing company/events
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Campbell, CAAugust 3, 2018
Nelson Staffing company that does event at Levi Stadium witch is the home of the 49er in Santa Clara,California.They would email us went there events. The job was very part-time
Fast pace, Avaliability to progress in management
Hayward - Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAJuly 25, 2018
Positive energry, fast paced, learned how to deligate and manage scheduling and team progress. I enjoyed creating strong leadership in others and modivating a team to success. The most challenging part of the job was ensuring customer satisfation.
Pros
Fast pace, ability for growth
Cons
little to no interation with co-workers
Fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAJuly 10, 2018
Working for Nelson’s staffing was a good experience. They work very closely with you and make sure that you have everything set up for you once you do start work.
Pros
Best place to find a job
Cons
Not many
Best place to work
Jelly belly (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAJuly 10, 2018
Nelson’s is pretty great place to find work. I loved working with them. They help you find a job very quickly. Especially working for jelly belly that was the best I meet a bunch a bunch of new people.
Pros
Discounts, the people
Cons
None really
fast job placement
Staff member (Former Employee) –  Petaluma, CAJuly 9, 2018
this place has fast job placement with multiple companies mostly production jobs not the greatest paying jobs but enough to get by. i would only recomend if in serous need
Ok place
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 6, 2018
Ok place they do what they can to try and help. Sometimes communication needs to be better.But other then that Nelson team does try to do what they can to help
Not enough pay
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 3, 2018
Unfortunately, the jobs did not usually pay enough neither were the hours sufficient to prove a life for myself. I was not successful in finding enough work, pay nor hours.
when i needed work they were here
customer service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAJune 28, 2018
nelson is temp service they kept me busy with work as long as I wanted to work, all my jobs paid well what I was asking, I did everything from catering to call center
Pros
different jobs
Cons
no healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nelson Staffing. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about