Nelson Staffing Employee Reviews

great office people.
CUSTOMER SERVICE/WAREHOUSE (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAMarch 18, 2019
shipping, customer service,labor.this company only hires you to do temp assignments.you go from one to another.is not reliable.they do what they consider the best for the employee.
Pros
paid weekly.
Cons
temp work.
Good for getting you any job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CA 94534March 4, 2019
Nelson staffing was a good place to work at because it was a temp agency so u had plenty options and opportunities to work at different places. However they aren’t that organized in my opinion
Nelson
ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 2, 2019
The Staff there is helpful, collaborative, team orientated and goal focused for both client and candidates.

Nelson Staffing also has an executive piece to the company for placement and intern ships - check it out I haven't participated in this unit of the division yet I have heard great reviews.
Pros
Scheduling
Cons
Limited recruiter
General assembly
Warehouse/Shipping Associate (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAFebruary 28, 2019
General assemblyNelson staffing have seen me off on a temporary assignment at Tesla motors where I was working on building corners putting on break lines from wheels to Seats Tires mirrors and windows etc.
Temporary Employee for Nelson
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAFebruary 23, 2019
Nelson has sent me out to several temp jobs in the past. I enjoy the people that work there, and feel they do their best to promote my skills.

I don't work in the Nelson Staffing office. I worked for them as a temporary worker for other businesses.
Pros
Excellent follow through.
Cons
Need permanent work.
Warehouse
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAFebruary 13, 2019
Not consistent with calling people to employ for work. Didn't give preferred shift that you select and doesn't offer enought sites for consistent jobs.
Pros
Weekly checks
Cons
No permant placement options
Official response from Nelson Staffing
February 19, 2019

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are so sorry to hear that your experience wasn’t consistent with your expectations – and we’d love the chance to make it right. Would you mind reaching out to us so we can learn more about your situation and discover where the disconnect may have occurred? We want to make sure that we’re able to provide you and others with a better work experience in the future. Please send us an email at feedback@nelsonjobs.com. Thank you so much!

No breakroom
Inventory Control Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 1, 2019
Management by intimidation. Poor Training. This was a temporary assignment and my first experience working with a temporary job
service. The hiring manager was a typical Cougar.
Pros
Paid Weekly Paid Parking
Cons
Horrible Bosses
Temp agency
Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  ModestoJanuary 25, 2019
It's a temp agency very nice office people. There's not really anything special about this agency. They don't bother to call you with jobs unless it's the big company
This place is horrible
Potential employee (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 16, 2019
I give a 0 rating and would not recommend anyone to work here or even interview. The staff doesn't know how to talk or treat people. The Coe of this company really should reconsider the staffing agency they have there. O and you need a
ca automobile drivers license to drive a forklift..... REALLY
Work
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJanuary 9, 2019
Good place to help you find a job and they pay weekly i believe and friendly and work with you and a schedule to accommodate you. Offer alot of overtime and stabke jobs
n/a
wharehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 8, 2019
my job was very good there it was a very good eprince at nelsson staffing good people i would recumend it to anyone looking for work faster lerner fhf
Nelson Staffing
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Union City, CADecember 30, 2018
Busy intake each day, documents usually sorted completely at least one hour before the end of shift
Learned internal mail process for tax documents processed by Bank of America for annual tax season
Work Culture was focused and quiet
The hardest part of job was the down time if work documents were delivered late.
The most enjoyable part of job was interaction with co-workers, team work used to sort and process quickly so that work was done on time
Pros
Consistent job offer for seasonal work, good work locations
Cons
Only seasonal, uncertain of hours that would be worked
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHDecember 17, 2018
The pay could be better, and they could give more breaks. Overall not really a bad job. The management doesn't really take care of the people the right way.
Safety Issues
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CADecember 9, 2018
A typical day at work starts by clocking in, then grab & log into rf scanner, then a quick meeting. Then your off and running picking orders. Pulling a bread rack 4 shelves high. And the totes you pick from are too high over your head. When you get done you head to the packers area unload your rack pick up more totes and your off and running again. Having to meet a quota of 150 items picked an hour. There were only 2 people that ever hit those numbers.

Stead running into people, tripping over boxes, and trying not to have products fall on your head.
crazy place to work at.
Accounts Pyble Processor-Debby Deterer (Former Employee) –  Hercules, CANovember 20, 2018
Working with Nelson was a pleasure. Knowledgeable, caring, really looked out for their temporary employees. I have worked for them several times. They are a good company
Was hard work
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CAOctober 24, 2018
I like this job is was hard work but we always had fun the team was welcoming, everything was on time, like breaks & lunch from the time you clock in there’s always work
Okay place to work for if you're looking for a job asap
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CAOctober 23, 2018
It's an okay place to work for if you want an extra income. The only bad part is they will end the assignment without any notice. The office is not diverse. I didn't see any other races working at that office. Just all caucasian people. They pick & choose who they want to give the good paying temp jobs too. I wouldn't recommend this temp agency to anybody.
Pros
They get you to work right away
Cons
End your assignment without any notice
it is good place to work.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAOctober 20, 2018
i had an opportunity from Nelson staffing to became a full time employee at tesla. i can recomend Nelson staaing to any one who looking for an opportunity to work their.
They were quick to find me a job
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Napa, CAOctober 9, 2018
They are quick to find a job for you. Your typical staff agency. Weekly paychecks and I got hired on from the site they sent me to. The manager I had, Virginia was awesome. Always explained things to me clearly and gave me tips.
Wouldn’t recommend for employment
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAOctober 7, 2018
The jobs they have to offer are not jobs in which you will gain further skills and experience. Both management in office and at the work sites were extremely unprofessional.
Pros
Quick and easy to apply and begin working.
Cons
Unprofessional work environments

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nelson Staffing. Our community is ready to answer.