Nemacolin Woodlands Resort Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Buen ambiente laboral
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  PITTSBURGH, ESTADOS UNIDOSMay 7, 2018
El trabajo me permitió desarrollar capacidades y mi vocación de servicio para poder desarrollarme en el rubro rustico/hotelero.
Good Property
Front Office Associate (Current Employee) –  Farmington, PAApril 24, 2018
The property is a great place to work for you to hone your skills and be more knowledgeable in this field. They let you work at your best and acknowledge your efforts.
Good Environment
Food & Beverage Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Farmington, PAApril 8, 2018
Enjoyed working in Food & Beverage Department and enjoyed managment team in 2017. Childcare options were postive and affordable which made it going to work easy.
Concierge/Guest Services create imaginative guest experiences
Concierge/Guest Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Farmington, PAMarch 30, 2018
Seek opportunities to create memories for guests by anticipating need, exceeding expectations and building relationships. Anticipate and execute all guest and management requests in a timely fashion. Be instrumental in creating an environment and executing service that is second to none. Actively manage and convey information and ideas clearly. Be creative and enjoy creating a fun and safe atmosphere for children and parents alike to take advantage of the numerous resort programs. Stay up-to-date on all programs.
Pros
Create lasting memories for guests
inconsistant
Head of Horticulture (Former Employee) –  Farmington, PAMarch 12, 2018
The priorities change often. Poor communication and CYA attitude among management limit the productivity. The employees who lay low and avoid all conflict are the ones who stay. The experienced, hard working employees move on.
Pros
cheep lunch, good benefits
Cons
no matching contribution for 401K
Very informational and fun
Wildlife Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  Farmington, PAMarch 1, 2018
Nemacolin had the best staff to work with. The resort itself is gorgeous which made working there that much better. Being a zookeeper made it a busy day, every single day. The hardest part of the job was the hours and the low pay. Over all it was a great place to work
Pros
Dollar lunches
Cons
Low pay
Good place to visit
Recreation Coordinator IV (Former Employee) –  Farmington, PAJanuary 9, 2018
Nemacolin is a great place if you are looking to be guest there, however, to be employed there is a different story. While the benefits provided are pretty good, the environment is not. Management is not picked based on experience or valor, it is picked based on personal preference. Work hours based on pay is not equivalent compensation.
Fun and Challenging environment
Director of Financial Accounting (Former Employee) –  Farmington, PAJanuary 2, 2018
Good management team where we worked hard together and challenged one another. One of the biggest drawbacks was it was the only thing around and everything revolved around the resort.
Exigente ambiente de trabajo
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaDecember 14, 2017
Los trabajadores eran muy amables conmigo pero los managers no siempre estaban en su oficina cuando alguno de los trabajadores deseaba comunicarse con ellos.
Pros
Comida gratis
Cons
Daban pocas horas de trabajo
Great place to work just don't expect many benefits
Golf Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Farmington, PADecember 7, 2017
Awesome environment to work at but ownership seems pretty cheap when it comes to employees and providing resources for them. Working on the golf course you had to buy your own uniform pants, shoes, equipment, etc... Its like they make it seem like its a privilege to work their and that should be enough for you.
Pros
great benefits and discounts on the resort
Cons
high pressure/stressful environment at times
Just wasn't the right fit
Server/Assistant Sommelier (Former Employee) –  Farmington, PANovember 26, 2017
My immediate supervisor was amazing at his job and is still somebody that I keep in touch with and can still call as ask question to. The management at the resort level was a little confused on what they wanted the resort to be and this made our job difficult and somewhat frustrating. We isolated ourselves in our restaurant and interacted very rarely with the rest of the resort and ended up with a 5-star rating through, this aspect was very rewarding considering the lack of support we had from outside the room.

The rest of the resort always felt very clique'ish and high school-like. I think our failure to take part of the culture sort of ostracized us and there was the weird tension that made it a strange environment to work in.
Pros
Pay, hours are there, overtime
Cons
bad culture
Cold days
Housekeeping Office (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaNovember 22, 2017
Season job in a luxury resort. I have to be always with my best smile because everyday i had contact with the guests. when the hotel was full i had to much work but that was only weekends. they employer make different activities to their associates.
Pros
free lunch and dinner
Cons
The weather
What I have learned
Supervisor of Operations (Former Employee) –  Farmington, PANovember 5, 2017
My 15 years at NWL was a life learning experience. It taught me from HVAC,Commercial Appliances, Electrical,Laundry, and Ski lift maintenance to manger skills of running the maintenance of a small town.Also to teaching the NCCER for Electrical and HVAC to Adults.
Pros
learned all aspect of the business
Cons
done all work of boss without pay
Busy and very detailed
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Farmington, PAAugust 31, 2017
I enjoyed my time as an apprentice. Full time worker became a different story. I was treated differently. Management was poor and I wasn't pleased anymore
Buen lugar
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaAugust 29, 2017
Buen lugar de trabajo no pude seguir trabajando allí pq me mudé de staod
xx
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Farmington, PAAugust 25, 2017
had fun at this job and it was a great experience. People were super nice and I learned a lot. I like grilled cheese sandwiches and hot dogs and hamburgers
Breathtaking
Golf Operations Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Farmington, PAAugust 17, 2017
When you first enter Nemacolin, it is beautiful and elegant. There are an abundance of job opportunities, along with advancement and transfers. The training is all provided.
Busy work environment with guests
Golf Operations Intern (Current Employee) –  Farmington, PAAugust 12, 2017
Interaction with guests daily, booking tee times, assisting guests with purchasing,and other resort experiences. Nice environment but placed in the middle of nowhere. It can be peaceful yet boring at times.
Good place to work at
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  PaAugust 2, 2017
Good place to work at, meet a lot of fun talented colleagues.
Able to learn new techniques and types of food. Would be nice if a gym was provided for staff use , but overall a good place to work at.
Foot Ball
Kitchen Helper (Former Employee) –  Farmington, PAApril 24, 2017
I am workholic and can work in team very well and i love to learn always from the others because learning is the style of my life also always looking for the best for my life
Pros
Free launches