Nemacolin Woodlands Resort Employee Reviews

This is about Nemacolin Woodlands
Dishwasher/silver polisher (Former Employee) –  Farmington, PASeptember 2, 2018
It was not a bad place to,work at. But very quick paced. Lot of work to be done. Management was pretty fair. You got raises every year. Made a lot of friends.
Pros
Free lunches, health benefits
Cons
Long hours sometimes
Well know Hotel
Concierge Duties (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaSeptember 23, 2018
Neamcolin Woodlands Resort is the best Hotel I working in my whole Career. the people here is really amazing, friendly, smiling. I was a little bit scared before working here, because I am a Mauritian,, I didn't know what will be waiting here for me. If I will adapt myself here or not.But when I came I saw people from different nationalities,Porto Ricans,Mexicans,Americans,Jamaicans,South Africans,Filipino, I adapted myself with everybody and that's make me fee;l good at Nemacolin.I do not regret anything here.It is a good hotel well rename,popular for his unique scene. I will definitely reccommend people to work here.
Pros
Free lunch, discounts on Resort activities, discount on Spa Treatments, covered Medical Insurance, Employee aprreciation
Cons
Short breaks
Busy nights in the restaurant
Server (Current Employee) –  Farmington, PAMay 13, 2018
Busy nights (more often than not) were always bustling with activity and had a lot of team involvement to ensure the quality of service to the guest. With multiple staff the accumulated side work throughout the evening was easily combated. Throughout service there are enough associates to serve the guests as well as create the Nemacolin Experience that is considered world class. The management team was on the floor assisting the associates in any way possible to continue the flow of service. A strong hostess at the door provided us with more stability in the dining room.
Pros
Could win your salary
Cons
Limited out of work time.
Productive work experience
Waiter (Current Employee) –  Farmington, PAOctober 25, 2018
I was excited to work with my employer as my first job to provide the best customer service possible. I was praised by my managers and co workers that I have done a great job.
massage therapist
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Farmington, PASeptember 1, 2018
Great staff, understanding management. Great money. relaxing atmosphere. over all good place to work. I just didn't want to pursue a career in this field anymore.
Decent place to work
Utility Worker (Current Employee) –  Farmington, PAJune 12, 2018
It is an ok job for a line associate but not worth moving into a management role. Job security is not a real thing in the mid to upper management roles.
Pros
cheap lunch and discounts
Cons
unaffordable healthcare
Gingerbread house building was always a blast!
Restaurant Pastry Chef (Former Employee) –  Farmington, PANovember 8, 2018
I really enjoyed working here! The atmosphere was always that of a chefs desires. The long hours were always the downfall, but every chef knew what they were getting into going into a kitchen.
Amazing
Valet/Doorman/Golf Caddy (Former Employee) –  Farmington, PAMay 4, 2018
By far the best job I have ever had. Advancement was available. Management was well placed. Training was thorough, and I believe that I am who I am today because of the training that I receive their.
Bottom line driven
Director of Sales & Marketing (Former Employee) –  Farmington, PAApril 15, 2018
Excellent employees. Family type atmosphere. Great Salary with average benefits. Line employees and supervisors are fantastic people. Hard to find top line Management due to remoteness.
Pros
People and guests are fantastic
Cons
Too Remote
Concierge/Guest Services create imaginative guest experiences
Concierge/Guest Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Farmington, PAMarch 30, 2018
Seek opportunities to create memories for guests by anticipating need, exceeding expectations and building relationships. Anticipate and execute all guest and management requests in a timely fashion. Be instrumental in creating an environment and executing service that is second to none. Actively manage and convey information and ideas clearly. Be creative and enjoy creating a fun and safe atmosphere for children and parents alike to take advantage of the numerous resort programs. Stay up-to-date on all programs.
Pros
Create lasting memories for guests
inconsistant
Head of Horticulture (Former Employee) –  Farmington, PAMarch 12, 2018
The priorities change often. Poor communication and CYA attitude among management limit the productivity. The employees who lay low and avoid all conflict are the ones who stay. The experienced, hard working employees move on.
Pros
cheep lunch, good benefits
Cons
no matching contribution for 401K
Just wasn't the right fit
Server/Assistant Sommelier (Former Employee) –  Farmington, PANovember 26, 2017
My immediate supervisor was amazing at his job and is still somebody that I keep in touch with and can still call as ask question to. The management at the resort level was a little confused on what they wanted the resort to be and this made our job difficult and somewhat frustrating. We isolated ourselves in our restaurant and interacted very rarely with the rest of the resort and ended up with a 5-star rating through, this aspect was very rewarding considering the lack of support we had from outside the room.

The rest of the resort always felt very clique'ish and high school-like. I think our failure to take part of the culture sort of ostracized us and there was the weird tension that made it a strange environment to work in.
Pros
Pay, hours are there, overtime
Cons
bad culture
Fun and very cultural work environment
Overnight Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Farmington, PAJuly 14, 2018
Great place to work and live. Descent pay. Very cultural. There could of been more benefits for associates to enjoy on property. Associate housing was nice and close to work.
This is where it all started for me.
Guest Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Farmington, PAJune 20, 2018
I give the resort credit for the next 30 years of my life. Working here made me fall in love with the hospitality industry and provided the start for what I think has been a very exciting career.
friendly environment
Uniform Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Farmington, PAFebruary 13, 2018
Sometimes the work environment is slow and the management doesn't really care about there employments The most enjoyable part of the job is the people I have met
Pros
Different departments to work for
Cons
healthcare and no job security
Good place to visit
Recreation Coordinator IV (Former Employee) –  Farmington, PAJanuary 9, 2018
Nemacolin is a great place if you are looking to be guest there, however, to be employed there is a different story. While the benefits provided are pretty good, the environment is not. Management is not picked based on experience or valor, it is picked based on personal preference. Work hours based on pay is not equivalent compensation.
Very fun place to work
Nemacolin-Falling Rock Idulgence Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Farmington, PAAugust 23, 2018
I had enjoyed my time there during my internship. I had learned a lot and have used that knowledge in my current positions. It was truly an amazing experience that I will never forget.
Productive and a fun work environment
Turf grass (Current Employee) –  Farmington, PANovember 13, 2018
I liked working in turf grass. I learned a lot while I fixed up the gold courses. I've never stepped foot on a golf course prior to working there.. I met a lot of great people and I learned a lot
Beautiful work environment
Landscape Technician (Former Employee) –  Farmington, PAJuly 23, 2018
Beautiful landscapes all around the property. Nice long shifts with proper amount of breaks. Good food buffet available for either one or two dollars during your lunch break.
Labor Intensive
Landscaper/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Farmington, PAAugust 17, 2018
I work 40 hours a week and i cover a lot of yards in one day, it isn't just riding a tractor around all day either. You are expected to weed wack clean up an especially take care of the equipment like it is your own.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nemacolin Woodlands Resort. Our community is ready to answer.