Nemacolin Woodlands Resort Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Well know Hotel
Concierge Duties (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaSeptember 23, 2018
Neamcolin Woodlands Resort is the best Hotel I working in my whole Career. the people here is really amazing, friendly, smiling. I was a little bit scared before working here, because I am a Mauritian,, I didn't know what will be waiting here for me. If I will adapt myself here or not.But when I came I saw people from different nationalities,Porto Ricans,Mexicans,Americans,Jamaicans,South Africans,Filipino, I adapted myself with everybody and that's make me fee;l good at Nemacolin.I do not regret anything here.It is a good hotel well rename,popular for his unique scene. I will definitely reccommend people to work here.
Pros
Free lunch, discounts on Resort activities, discount on Spa Treatments, covered Medical Insurance, Employee aprreciation
Cons
Short breaks
massage therapist
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Farmington, PASeptember 1, 2018
Great staff, understanding management. Great money. relaxing atmosphere. over all good place to work. I just didn't want to pursue a career in this field anymore.
Very fun place to work
Nemacolin-Falling Rock Idulgence Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Farmington, PAAugust 23, 2018
I had enjoyed my time there during my internship. I had learned a lot and have used that knowledge in my current positions. It was truly an amazing experience that I will never forget.
Labor Intensive
Landscaper/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Farmington, PAAugust 17, 2018
I work 40 hours a week and i cover a lot of yards in one day, it isn't just riding a tractor around all day either. You are expected to weed wack clean up an especially take care of the equipment like it is your own.
Great place
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Farmington, PAJuly 28, 2018
Great place to work! The employees are nice and the managers are down to earth. Everyone is willing to help whenever they can lend a hand. I thoroughly enjoyed my time working at the company.
Beautiful work environment
Landscape Technician (Former Employee) –  Farmington, PAJuly 23, 2018
Beautiful landscapes all around the property. Nice long shifts with proper amount of breaks. Good food buffet available for either one or two dollars during your lunch break.
Fun and very cultural work environment
Overnight Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Farmington, PAJuly 14, 2018
Great place to work and live. Descent pay. Very cultural. There could of been more benefits for associates to enjoy on property. Associate housing was nice and close to work.
This is where it all started for me.
Guest Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Farmington, PAJune 20, 2018
I give the resort credit for the next 30 years of my life. Working here made me fall in love with the hospitality industry and provided the start for what I think has been a very exciting career.
Decent place to work
Utility Worker (Current Employee) –  Farmington, PAJune 12, 2018
It is an ok job for a line associate but not worth moving into a management role. Job security is not a real thing in the mid to upper management roles.
Pros
cheap lunch and discounts
Cons
unaffordable healthcare
Busy nights in the restaurant
Server (Current Employee) –  Farmington, PAMay 13, 2018
Busy nights (more often than not) were always bustling with activity and had a lot of team involvement to ensure the quality of service to the guest. With multiple staff the accumulated side work throughout the evening was easily combated. Throughout service there are enough associates to serve the guests as well as create the Nemacolin Experience that is considered world class. The management team was on the floor assisting the associates in any way possible to continue the flow of service. A strong hostess at the door provided us with more stability in the dining room.
Pros
Could win your salary
Cons
Limited out of work time.
Buen ambiente laboral
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  PITTSBURGH, ESTADOS UNIDOSMay 7, 2018
El trabajo me permitió desarrollar capacidades y mi vocación de servicio para poder desarrollarme en el rubro rustico/hotelero.
Amazing
Valet/Doorman/Golf Caddy (Former Employee) –  Farmington, PAMay 4, 2018
By far the best job I have ever had. Advancement was available. Management was well placed. Training was thorough, and I believe that I am who I am today because of the training that I receive their.
Costumer Service
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Farmington, PAMay 2, 2018
Kids Club. Did sales and made sure that all resort guests were 100% satisfied. Guest satisfaction was key. Ski instructor/ Snowboard instructor. Ski patrol. Call Center and making the reservations for the hotel and answering the phones for the hotel guests at all times.
Nice place to work
DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Farmington, PAApril 24, 2018
Ownership is genuine when they say they 'care about the people that make the place tick. 'Tough leadership, but heart is in the right place.

Cost savings is always at forefront...but after all, it's a business!
Pros
Nice environment to work
Cons
Hospitality is a difficult business
Good Property
Front Office Associate (Current Employee) –  Farmington, PAApril 24, 2018
The property is a great place to work for you to hone your skills and be more knowledgeable in this field. They let you work at your best and acknowledge your efforts.
Bottom line driven
Director of Sales & Marketing (Former Employee) –  Farmington, PAApril 15, 2018
Excellent employees. Family type atmosphere. Great Salary with average benefits. Line employees and supervisors are fantastic people. Hard to find top line Management due to remoteness.
Pros
People and guests are fantastic
Cons
Too Remote
Good Environment
Food & Beverage Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Farmington, PAApril 8, 2018
Enjoyed working in Food & Beverage Department and enjoyed managment team in 2017. Childcare options were postive and affordable which made it going to work easy.
Concierge/Guest Services create imaginative guest experiences
Concierge/Guest Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Farmington, PAMarch 30, 2018
Seek opportunities to create memories for guests by anticipating need, exceeding expectations and building relationships. Anticipate and execute all guest and management requests in a timely fashion. Be instrumental in creating an environment and executing service that is second to none. Actively manage and convey information and ideas clearly. Be creative and enjoy creating a fun and safe atmosphere for children and parents alike to take advantage of the numerous resort programs. Stay up-to-date on all programs.
Pros
Create lasting memories for guests
fun place to work
Recreation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Farmington, PAMarch 29, 2018
This was a really fun job. Basically got payed to play all day. Most enjoyable part other than being outside all day, was meeting new people and working with great friends.
inconsistant
Head of Horticulture (Former Employee) –  Farmington, PAMarch 12, 2018
The priorities change often. Poor communication and CYA attitude among management limit the productivity. The employees who lay low and avoid all conflict are the ones who stay. The experienced, hard working employees move on.
Pros
cheep lunch, good benefits
Cons
no matching contribution for 401K