Nemacolin Woodlands Resort Employee Reviews

Fun workplace with some major flaws
Recreational Supervisor II (Current Employee) –  Farmington, PAJanuary 25, 2019
The department at Nemacolin that I work at is a very fun department. However it could be a lot better than it is now. The management is poor and the communication is lacking heavily. Workers are not motivated and aren't being led in a productive manner.
Pros
Fun and exciting
Cons
Sometimes long hours, poor management, poor communication
It a good property that i work with good work place and you'll be surounded by Good people
Cook II (Former Employee) –  Farmington , Pennsylvania , USAJanuary 22, 2019
I work 8 hours a day if i need to finish something or make a preparation for a big day i need to make sure i'm all set and.
I work in Garde Mange , Fish , Sides and as an expoditer
Productive and a fun work environment
Turf grass (Current Employee) –  Farmington, PANovember 13, 2018
I liked working in turf grass. I learned a lot while I fixed up the gold courses. I've never stepped foot on a golf course prior to working there.. I met a lot of great people and I learned a lot
Gingerbread house building was always a blast!
Restaurant Pastry Chef (Former Employee) –  Farmington, PANovember 8, 2018
I really enjoyed working here! The atmosphere was always that of a chefs desires. The long hours were always the downfall, but every chef knew what they were getting into going into a kitchen.
Productive work experience
Waiter (Current Employee) –  Farmington, PAOctober 25, 2018
I was excited to work with my employer as my first job to provide the best customer service possible. I was praised by my managers and co workers that I have done a great job.
Well know Hotel
Concierge Duties (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaSeptember 23, 2018
Neamcolin Woodlands Resort is the best Hotel I working in my whole Career. the people here is really amazing, friendly, smiling. I was a little bit scared before working here, because I am a Mauritian,, I didn't know what will be waiting here for me. If I will adapt myself here or not.But when I came I saw people from different nationalities,Porto Ricans,Mexicans,Americans,Jamaicans,South Africans,Filipino, I adapted myself with everybody and that's make me fee;l good at Nemacolin.I do not regret anything here.It is a good hotel well rename,popular for his unique scene. I will definitely reccommend people to work here.
Pros
Free lunch, discounts on Resort activities, discount on Spa Treatments, covered Medical Insurance, Employee aprreciation
Cons
Short breaks
This is about Nemacolin Woodlands
Dishwasher/silver polisher (Former Employee) –  Farmington, PASeptember 2, 2018
It was not a bad place to,work at. But very quick paced. Lot of work to be done. Management was pretty fair. You got raises every year. Made a lot of friends.
Pros
Free lunches, health benefits
Cons
Long hours sometimes
massage therapist
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Farmington, PASeptember 1, 2018
Great staff, understanding management. Great money. relaxing atmosphere. over all good place to work. I just didn't want to pursue a career in this field anymore.
Very fun place to work
Nemacolin-Falling Rock Idulgence Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Farmington, PAAugust 23, 2018
I had enjoyed my time there during my internship. I had learned a lot and have used that knowledge in my current positions. It was truly an amazing experience that I will never forget.
Labor Intensive
Landscaper/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Farmington, PAAugust 17, 2018
I work 40 hours a week and i cover a lot of yards in one day, it isn't just riding a tractor around all day either. You are expected to weed wack clean up an especially take care of the equipment like it is your own.
Great place
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Farmington, PAJuly 28, 2018
Great place to work! The employees are nice and the managers are down to earth. Everyone is willing to help whenever they can lend a hand. I thoroughly enjoyed my time working at the company.
Beautiful work environment
Landscape Technician (Former Employee) –  Farmington, PAJuly 23, 2018
Beautiful landscapes all around the property. Nice long shifts with proper amount of breaks. Good food buffet available for either one or two dollars during your lunch break.
Fun and very cultural work environment
Overnight Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Farmington, PAJuly 14, 2018
Great place to work and live. Descent pay. Very cultural. There could of been more benefits for associates to enjoy on property. Associate housing was nice and close to work.
This is where it all started for me.
Guest Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Farmington, PAJune 20, 2018
I give the resort credit for the next 30 years of my life. Working here made me fall in love with the hospitality industry and provided the start for what I think has been a very exciting career.
Decent place to work
Utility Worker (Current Employee) –  Farmington, PAJune 12, 2018
It is an ok job for a line associate but not worth moving into a management role. Job security is not a real thing in the mid to upper management roles.
Pros
cheap lunch and discounts
Cons
unaffordable healthcare
Busy nights in the restaurant
Server (Current Employee) –  Farmington, PAMay 13, 2018
Busy nights (more often than not) were always bustling with activity and had a lot of team involvement to ensure the quality of service to the guest. With multiple staff the accumulated side work throughout the evening was easily combated. Throughout service there are enough associates to serve the guests as well as create the Nemacolin Experience that is considered world class. The management team was on the floor assisting the associates in any way possible to continue the flow of service. A strong hostess at the door provided us with more stability in the dining room.
Pros
Could win your salary
Cons
Limited out of work time.
Buen ambiente laboral
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  PITTSBURGH, ESTADOS UNIDOSMay 7, 2018
El trabajo me permitió desarrollar capacidades y mi vocación de servicio para poder desarrollarme en el rubro rustico/hotelero.
Amazing
Valet/Doorman/Golf Caddy (Former Employee) –  Farmington, PAMay 4, 2018
By far the best job I have ever had. Advancement was available. Management was well placed. Training was thorough, and I believe that I am who I am today because of the training that I receive their.
Costumer Service
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Farmington, PAMay 2, 2018
Kids Club. Did sales and made sure that all resort guests were 100% satisfied. Guest satisfaction was key. Ski instructor/ Snowboard instructor. Ski patrol. Call Center and making the reservations for the hotel and answering the phones for the hotel guests at all times.
Nice place to work
DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Farmington, PAApril 24, 2018
Ownership is genuine when they say they 'care about the people that make the place tick. 'Tough leadership, but heart is in the right place.

Cost savings is always at forefront...but after all, it's a business!
Pros
Nice environment to work
Cons
Hospitality is a difficult business

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nemacolin Woodlands Resort. Our community is ready to answer.