NEMAK Employee Reviews

Good pay but high stress
Robotics Technician (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIJuly 27, 2018
You are nothing but a number and they will just use you and burn you out. Mangers are questionable. They will pay you a good wage and benefits. Lots of overtime
overall good place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIMay 1, 2018
the pace of nemak is really face with high temperatures. Need to have a good work ethic to work for this company to keep up with production numbers. I enjoy fast paced jobs so i did not have a problem.
Pros
overtime
Cons
high temps
Great Management
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, KYApril 30, 2018
I really loved working with my plant manager and engineering manager. The only reason for leaving was that the site I worked was struggling and looking to reduce manpower.
Pros
Good People
Cons
Moving most of the new business to Mexico
buen lugar de trabajo
Tooling Engineer (Current Employee) –  Nuevo LeónApril 16, 2018
Muy buen lugar para iniciar carrera laboral, buen ambiente y mucho aprendizale
Pros
buenas prestaciones
decent factory
Trimmer, Inspector (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIApril 16, 2018
it was hard work but repetitive and easy once you got into a rhythm. the pay was decent at the time. it was 5 years ago so i don't know if they have kept up with wages or not.
Hard working, always gotta be doing something
Machine Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Sylacauga, ALMarch 31, 2018
Good job to work for, as long as you can handle the heat, breathing in chemicals , and take the harassment when your machine is not running. Other then that the insurance is the best, the non supervisor, or management employee are great to get along with.
Pros
Great insurance
Cons
3 20min breaks in a 12 hour spread. Never know when u will get them.
Work
Seasonal Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIMarch 19, 2018
Interesting place to work. Lots of different people to interact with. Same as any other place, drama and cliches happen regardless of effort to stop them. Work environment is dangerous depending on what you're doing and where you are. Safety is paramount in this company and they make sure everyone is aware. Managers and supervisors do take a great interest in employees, very different work attitude towards workers.
Pros
Very personable
Cons
heavy and fast paced
Fun but sometimes stressful environment
Lean Manufacturing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CAFebruary 26, 2018
During my tenure with Nemak I held 3 positions and relocated as an expat for one year. I started out as a student running machines and became a supervisor after completing University. This role allowed me to use the knowledge I gained as a supervisor to make improvements to the process. As a lean manufacturing coordinator I was able to implement cost saving initiatives in the departments I supported.
Pros
Advancement opportunity
Great place to work at however being a contracted employee I didn’t get the Nemak benefits. It gets extremely hot in the summer.
OCCUPATIONAL MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Dickson, TNFebruary 21, 2018
Good place to work at, gets hot in the summers. You get a lot of overtime. I enjoy working here, it’s like a family and I do feel employees are cared about.
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
I’m a contracted employee
Great work experience
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Sylacauga, ALFebruary 21, 2018
A typical day at work consist of doing a sample part to make sure the machine was working properly. Assemble part for the machine to connect the part together to make a complete part. Keeping your work area clean and follow safety procedures.
Pros
being accident free
Cons
not advancing to permanent position
Productive work place
2nd operations (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIFebruary 20, 2018
Very fast paced environment and heavy lifting it is good place to make a decent living good pay for the work done and would recommend to anybody trying to make a good amount of money.
Stressfull
Die Repair (Current Employee) –  ShyboyganFebruary 11, 2018
Very poor management, safety is by far their fist concern. Dangerously fast paced, quanity before quality. Long work weeks, mandatory 12 days in a row continuously.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Management, safety, work hours
Great Benefits
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Sylacauga, ALJanuary 26, 2018
Nemak was the perfect job to work for the pay and benefits. I hate that our job ended and had to be laid off. I would still be employed with this company if they had not ended our plant.
Lots of work to do
Advanced Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIJanuary 24, 2018
Had a great team but it eventually disappeared, predominantly due to management and lack of cooperation between some departments.
More stress internally than needs to be there. A great deal self induced.
Lab Technican (Former Employee) –  Sylacauga, ALJanuary 22, 2018
I loved working at Nemak something I could've done until I retired a typical day I would run test of materials to make sure everything was working correctly and in spec.
productive
Tooling Technician (Former Employee) –  Sylacauga, ALJanuary 7, 2018
my time at nemak was good. the management was available and seemed to get involved, the fast pase work kept the 12 hour shifts moving. nemak is a good place to work.
Stressful
Machine Operator and CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIDecember 21, 2017
Nemak does offer benefits and paid time off. However, you work almost every weekend including holidays. The work environment is harassment based. It is not enjoyable.
Nemak
Maintenance Tech- Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, KYDecember 13, 2017
Good place to work, Decent benefits. This is a very fast paces place to work. Management treats their employees fairly and there are good people to work with at Nemak.
good job
machine operator/crew leader (Former Employee) –  Sylacauga, ALNovember 30, 2017
good benefits and good pay but the extreme climate conditions inside of the facility were factors that effected the job performace of many employees..
Great workplace
Shipping Clerk/Teamleader (Former Employee) –  Sylacauga, ALNovember 30, 2017
It was a wonderful company to work for. I was there 3 yrs and I was about to relocate and the job had a plant shut down and I took the volunteer layoff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NEMAK. Our community is ready to answer.