NEMAK Employee Reviews

Stressful low motivating job
Nemak Employee (Current Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIOctober 19, 2018
Horrible culture. Management treats employees as if they do not matter. Upper management needs better leadership training. Operations manager treats people with disrespect and degrades their supervisors in front of employees on the floor. The reputation of this company definitely precedes itself
Horrible.
Operator (Former Employee) –  Dickson, TNOctober 17, 2018
Please, DO not waste your time on this place. It is a very dangerous and gross work environment. The management is very horrible and mean. I have never felt more unwelcome.
Great Place To Work With Great People
Operator (Former Employee) –  Dickson, TNOctober 16, 2018
I really qish i could get my job as an operator in finishing back. it was a good work enviornment and the managers helped out with anything you needed if things got crazy. Teamwork at Nemak is Super.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Okay place to work
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, KYOctober 15, 2018
People are nice, decent management, only down fall is losing a customer and all of second shift was out of work for a week at a time. Pay could have been hire.
Pros
laid back
Cons
short breaks
Great Place to work fast paced
Lead Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  Sylacauga, ALSeptember 5, 2018
my typical day was maintaing the equipment programming the abb robots when they crashed and fixing any PLC or electrical issues i learned alot about the equipment ,PLC's ABB Robots and and the PLant electrical management was great work was fast paced kept busy was all over the entire plant the hardest part of the job was keeping everything running . The most enjoyable part of the job was a slow day where everything is running good for the day .
Pros
when things are running good
Cons
the heat in the plant was hard to deal with and the long hrs
Very friendly workers
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, KYAugust 24, 2018
It was an okay job, just didn’t really like being paid every two weeks. Was required to wear long sleeve shorts year around. The temperature was always 100 degrees plus. Had maditory overtime, worked 6-7 days a week. Was working 7am-3pm and had to go in at 3 am most days.
It's very productive
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, KYJuly 30, 2018
It was alright at nemak, but there's allot of drug addicts and people running everywhere. But overall it's a great place to work if u looking for great benefits.
Pros
All the over time u want
Cons
Very hot
best company i worked for
Lead Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIJuly 28, 2018
I enjoyed my time at nemak. Learned alot of new skills and cutting technology. It is fast paced and competitive but compensation is excellent. Lots of room to learn and advance in maintenance
Pros
ability to advance, conpensation
Cons
fast paced, tough management
Good pay but high stress
Robotics Technician (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIJuly 27, 2018
You are nothing but a number and they will just use you and burn you out. Mangers are questionable. They will pay you a good wage and benefits. Lots of overtime
Awful
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIJune 30, 2018
Awful place to work. Very hot and humid. No air. Heavy heavy aluminum parts. Can't have any water or anything to drink on floor to stay hydrated. Awful
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Hot
overall good place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIMay 1, 2018
the pace of nemak is really face with high temperatures. Need to have a good work ethic to work for this company to keep up with production numbers. I enjoy fast paced jobs so i did not have a problem.
Pros
overtime
Cons
high temps
Great Management
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, KYApril 30, 2018
I really loved working with my plant manager and engineering manager. The only reason for leaving was that the site I worked was struggling and looking to reduce manpower.
Pros
Good People
Cons
Moving most of the new business to Mexico
buen lugar de trabajo
Tooling Engineer (Current Employee) –  Nuevo LeónApril 16, 2018
Muy buen lugar para iniciar carrera laboral, buen ambiente y mucho aprendizale
Pros
buenas prestaciones
decent factory
Trimmer, Inspector (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIApril 16, 2018
it was hard work but repetitive and easy once you got into a rhythm. the pay was decent at the time. it was 5 years ago so i don't know if they have kept up with wages or not.
Hard working, always gotta be doing something
Machine Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Sylacauga, ALMarch 31, 2018
Good job to work for, as long as you can handle the heat, breathing in chemicals , and take the harassment when your machine is not running. Other then that the insurance is the best, the non supervisor, or management employee are great to get along with.
Pros
Great insurance
Cons
3 20min breaks in a 12 hour spread. Never know when u will get them.
Work
Seasonal Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIMarch 19, 2018
Interesting place to work. Lots of different people to interact with. Same as any other place, drama and cliches happen regardless of effort to stop them. Work environment is dangerous depending on what you're doing and where you are. Safety is paramount in this company and they make sure everyone is aware. Managers and supervisors do take a great interest in employees, very different work attitude towards workers.
Pros
Very personable
Cons
heavy and fast paced
Good job to work in, good pay
General Production (Current Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIMarch 15, 2018
I would recommend this job anybody .As my experience this is a heavy lifting job but its not to bad as soon as you get the hang of it. The pay is very good.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Fast Pace
It was a good work place but
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, KYMarch 13, 2018
It was a good work place but it was fast pace and the management was not that good you was on they own time not yours if your line went down you would have to wait for management to come and fix it
Pros
Good health care
Cons
Short breaks
Fun but sometimes stressful environment
Lean Manufacturing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CAFebruary 26, 2018
During my tenure with Nemak I held 3 positions and relocated as an expat for one year. I started out as a student running machines and became a supervisor after completing University. This role allowed me to use the knowledge I gained as a supervisor to make improvements to the process. As a lean manufacturing coordinator I was able to implement cost saving initiatives in the departments I supported.
Pros
Advancement opportunity
Great place to work at however being a contracted employee I didn’t get the Nemak benefits. It gets extremely hot in the summer.
OCCUPATIONAL MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Dickson, TNFebruary 21, 2018
Good place to work at, gets hot in the summers. You get a lot of overtime. I enjoy working here, it’s like a family and I do feel employees are cared about.
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
I’m a contracted employee

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NEMAK. Our community is ready to answer.