NEMAK Employee Reviews

Hard work pays off at this job
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIDecember 6, 2018
Plenty of overtime available and you get double time on Saturdays.You start off at fifteen dollars and you get a raise every one month until u reach twenty dollars but it starts after your sixty day probation
Pros
Wages, benefits
Laborer/cleaning (Former Employee) –  Sylacauga, ALNovember 18, 2018
I love the work environment. I like a job were I'm busy all day and were I'm needed to work long hours or to work the holidays that no one wants to...
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Some bad machines that get stuck
best company i worked for
Lead Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIJuly 28, 2018
I enjoyed my time at nemak. Learned alot of new skills and cutting technology. It is fast paced and competitive but compensation is excellent. Lots of room to learn and advance in maintenance
Pros
ability to advance, conpensation
Cons
fast paced, tough management
Very productive
Die casting trimmer (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WINovember 26, 2018
Nemak is a very great place for a better opportunity at life has great pay great benefits and sadly I didn't get to experience any of it over all I'd recommend to anybody
Pros
Great pay and overtime
Cons
Too far
Hot but worth it
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Dickson, TNNovember 1, 2018
Nemak offers many benefits and pays their employees well. Like every job, you'll have communication issues come up but in general it is a very good job to have.
Pros
Associate Dinners
Cons
communication
Training was poor. Dislosure of issues were not
Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIJanuary 11, 2019
Training was the worst as it started very early and went on for two weeks. was told I would have one position and once I got on the floor it was clear I would not be able to work in the department they put me in as it would require lifting 50+lbs engine blocks. And I am not a 250+ grown man. SO was quickly moved to a more manageable department. I ended up coming up with the flu whilst there and sent home after vomiting everywhere on my first night. Was told to take three days off and contact management once better. I did only to be told I used all my sick days and will need to return that night or I will be fired. The building ended up catching on fire that night and I decided not to return as that was the second time in two months.
Cons
Fire
It's very productive
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, KYJuly 30, 2018
It was alright at nemak, but there's allot of drug addicts and people running everywhere. But overall it's a great place to work if u looking for great benefits.
Pros
All the over time u want
Cons
Very hot
Good pay but high stress
Robotics Technician (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIJuly 27, 2018
You are nothing but a number and they will just use you and burn you out. Mangers are questionable. They will pay you a good wage and benefits. Lots of overtime
Great Place to work fast paced
Lead Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  Sylacauga, ALSeptember 5, 2018
my typical day was maintaing the equipment programming the abb robots when they crashed and fixing any PLC or electrical issues i learned alot about the equipment ,PLC's ABB Robots and and the PLant electrical management was great work was fast paced kept busy was all over the entire plant the hardest part of the job was keeping everything running . The most enjoyable part of the job was a slow day where everything is running good for the day .
Pros
when things are running good
Cons
the heat in the plant was hard to deal with and the long hrs
Stressful low motivating job
Nemak Employee (Current Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIOctober 19, 2018
Horrible culture. Management treats employees as if they do not matter. Upper management needs better leadership training. Operations manager treats people with disrespect and degrades their supervisors in front of employees on the floor. The reputation of this company definitely precedes itself
A decent place to work if you keep to yourself and work like one of their robots.
Die Caster (Current Employee) –  Sheboygan, WINovember 15, 2018
After just one month of general production I was awarded a bid for more money and responsibility. Now I have mixed feelings about the company as a whole. Management is making bold promises for the future.......
Pros
It definitely beats slavery!🤷🏾‍♂️
Cons
No time for personal matters or life outside of work. Mandatory overtime is an ongoing issue.
dirty and eerie work environment
DIE CAST MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIOctober 16, 2018
it was alright money was great poor and biased management. the bidding system for jobs is great because you can get a new position very quickly. would maybe work there again in a different department.
Okay place to work
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, KYOctober 15, 2018
People are nice, decent management, only down fall is losing a customer and all of second shift was out of work for a week at a time. Pay could have been hire.
Pros
laid back
Cons
short breaks
Great Benefits
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Sylacauga, ALJanuary 26, 2018
Nemak was the perfect job to work for the pay and benefits. I hate that our job ended and had to be laid off. I would still be employed with this company if they had not ended our plant.
get ready to live there.
High pressure die cast machine operator (Former Employee) –  Sylacauga, ALNovember 21, 2018
It's just a means of provision with night shift. If you want free time this isn't the place for you.. The guys weren't hard to work with. oh and get ready for some heat.
Pros
3 20 minute breaks per shift
Cons
mandatory overtime
Horrible.
Operator (Former Employee) –  Dickson, TNOctober 17, 2018
Please, DO not waste your time on this place. It is a very dangerous and gross work environment. The management is very horrible and mean. I have never felt more unwelcome.
Could be a lot better
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Sheboygan, WINovember 7, 2017
Always a lot of overtime. Would not recommend this company to anyone that wants to have a life outside of work. Production above all else. Get it done as fast as you can. Upper management preaches safety and direct supervision tells you get it done any way possible. Very poor communication and planning.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
No life other than work
A hot and cold type situation but after while you’ll get use to it.
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Sylacauga, ALDecember 21, 2018
The company is a great company but sometimes it seems they don’t care about there workers. The pay was ok cause it was maybe 5mins. from my house so that helped with maintaining my bills.
stressful
Production supervisor and charted member of TAC 1 (Former Employee) –  Sylacauga, ALDecember 8, 2018
Was always changing my work schedule.
Did not treat employees fairly as far as work schedule
I actually had panic attacks before going into work the last six months i worked
Nemak
Maintenance Tech- Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, KYDecember 13, 2017
Good place to work, Decent benefits. This is a very fast paces place to work. Management treats their employees fairly and there are good people to work with at Nemak.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NEMAK. Our community is ready to answer.