NEMAK Employee Reviews

buen lugar de trabajo
Tooling Engineer (Current Employee) –  Nuevo LeónApril 16, 2018
Muy buen lugar para iniciar carrera laboral, buen ambiente y mucho aprendizale
Pros
buenas prestaciones
Hard working, always gotta be doing something
Machine Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Sylacauga, ALMarch 31, 2018
Good job to work for, as long as you can handle the heat, breathing in chemicals , and take the harassment when your machine is not running. Other then that the insurance is the best, the non supervisor, or management employee are great to get along with.
Pros
Great insurance
Cons
3 20min breaks in a 12 hour spread. Never know when u will get them.
Work
Seasonal Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIMarch 19, 2018
Interesting place to work. Lots of different people to interact with. Same as any other place, drama and cliches happen regardless of effort to stop them. Work environment is dangerous depending on what you're doing and where you are. Safety is paramount in this company and they make sure everyone is aware. Managers and supervisors do take a great interest in employees, very different work attitude towards workers.
Pros
Very personable
Cons
heavy and fast paced
Fun but sometimes stressful environment
Lean Manufacturing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CAFebruary 26, 2018
During my tenure with Nemak I held 3 positions and relocated as an expat for one year. I started out as a student running machines and became a supervisor after completing University. This role allowed me to use the knowledge I gained as a supervisor to make improvements to the process. As a lean manufacturing coordinator I was able to implement cost saving initiatives in the departments I supported.
Pros
Advancement opportunity
Great place to work at however being a contracted employee I didn’t get the Nemak benefits. It gets extremely hot in the summer.
OCCUPATIONAL MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Dickson, TNFebruary 21, 2018
Good place to work at, gets hot in the summers. You get a lot of overtime. I enjoy working here, it’s like a family and I do feel employees are cared about.
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
I’m a contracted employee
Great work experience
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Sylacauga, ALFebruary 21, 2018
A typical day at work consist of doing a sample part to make sure the machine was working properly. Assemble part for the machine to connect the part together to make a complete part. Keeping your work area clean and follow safety procedures.
Pros
being accident free
Cons
not advancing to permanent position
Productive work place
2nd operations (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIFebruary 20, 2018
Very fast paced environment and heavy lifting it is good place to make a decent living good pay for the work done and would recommend to anybody trying to make a good amount of money.
Stressfull
Die Repair (Current Employee) –  ShyboyganFebruary 11, 2018
Very poor management, safety is by far their fist concern. Dangerously fast paced, quanity before quality. Long work weeks, mandatory 12 days in a row continuously.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Management, safety, work hours
Great Benefits
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Sylacauga, ALJanuary 26, 2018
Nemak was the perfect job to work for the pay and benefits. I hate that our job ended and had to be laid off. I would still be employed with this company if they had not ended our plant.
Lots of work to do
Advanced Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIJanuary 24, 2018
Had a great team but it eventually disappeared, predominantly due to management and lack of cooperation between some departments.
More stress internally than needs to be there. A great deal self induced.
Lab Technican (Former Employee) –  Sylacauga, ALJanuary 22, 2018
I loved working at Nemak something I could've done until I retired a typical day I would run test of materials to make sure everything was working correctly and in spec.
productive
Tooling Technician (Former Employee) –  Sylacauga, ALJanuary 7, 2018
my time at nemak was good. the management was available and seemed to get involved, the fast pase work kept the 12 hour shifts moving. nemak is a good place to work.
Stressful
Machine Operator and CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIDecember 21, 2017
Nemak does offer benefits and paid time off. However, you work almost every weekend including holidays. The work environment is harassment based. It is not enjoyable.
Nemak
Maintenance Tech- Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, KYDecember 13, 2017
Good place to work, Decent benefits. This is a very fast paces place to work. Management treats their employees fairly and there are good people to work with at Nemak.
good job
machine operator/crew leader (Former Employee) –  Sylacauga, ALNovember 30, 2017
good benefits and good pay but the extreme climate conditions inside of the facility were factors that effected the job performace of many employees..
Great workplace
Shipping Clerk/Teamleader (Former Employee) –  Sylacauga, ALNovember 30, 2017
It was a wonderful company to work for. I was there 3 yrs and I was about to relocate and the job had a plant shut down and I took the volunteer layoff
fast paced
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, KYNovember 29, 2017
very fast paced and hot and noisy. the hardest part of the job was handling hot parts as they come out off the line out of the die cast. best part of the job was running the trimmer.
Busy but never stressful
Co-op (Current Employee) –  Sheboygan, WINovember 27, 2017
There was always something to do. When it did get slow I would ask for work and more was always given to me. Some days had more going on than others it really depends on what is going on in the plant.
Glad to had Nemak in my Life's Journey
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WINovember 17, 2017
I learned more at Nemak than i learned at any other job, from gaining more awareness in my everyday life from the detailed inspection skills, to patient and the loving feeling of a team of fellow employees. I enjoyed my time at Nemak USA.

If you have a desire to work in a fast paced company with the ability to grow, Nemak is the place for you
Pros
High Pay, lots of opporunity for overtime
Cons
short breaks, heat, sometimes annoying supervision
Could be a lot better
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Sheboygan, WINovember 7, 2017
Always a lot of overtime. Would not recommend this company to anyone that wants to have a life outside of work. Production above all else. Get it done as fast as you can. Upper management preaches safety and direct supervision tells you get it done any way possible. Very poor communication and planning.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
No life other than work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NEMAK. Our community is ready to answer.