Nemours is committed to improving the health of children. As a non-profit children’s health organization, we consider the health of every child to be a sacred trust.
Through family-centered care in our children’s hospitals and clinics in Delaware, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Florida, as well as world-changing research, education and advocacy, Nemours fulfills the promise of a healthier tomorrow for all children — even those who may never enter our doors.
Nemours began more than 70 years ago with the vision of Alfred I. duPont to improve the lives of children and to do whatever it takes to prevent and treat even the most disabling childhood conditions.
Today, through our children’s hospitals and health system, we directly care for 250,000 children annually in Delaware Valley and Florida, including families who travel from across the country and world to see our specialists — treating every child as we would our own.
We also reach beyond the walls of our hospitals and clinics to be a voice for children on a national and international level, and to lead the way in prevention, intervention, education, and research.
Nemours is growing to better serve the children and families in our care. We have 1.1 million square feet of space currently devoted to providing children’s healthcare or under construction, all designed with significant input and advice from our patients and families.
Be Part of Our Promise
Our team of more than 4,600 dedicated Associates has cared for millions of kids and their families in our world-class pediatric health system of hospitals and specialty clinics located across the Delaware Valley and Florida.
As a Nemours Associate, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate across disciplines, pursue your passion for excellence in children’s health care, and advance professionally as you work alongside some of the country’s top pediatric practitioners.
Setting Higher Standards in Children's Health Care
• A leader in children's health for more than 70 years
• Two freestanding children's hospitals: world-renowned Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children in Wilmington, DE, and the new Nemours Children's Hospital in Orlando, FL
• U.S. News & World Report’s 2013-14 edition of "Best Children's Hospitals" ranked Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children in 8 out of 10 specialties and was named #5 in the country for orthopedic specialty care.
• 152 Nemours physicians are ranked among the Best Doctors in America® for 2011-2012 by Best Doctors®, Inc.
• Family-centered care ranked in the top 20% in key satisfaction areas
• Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children nursing program granted Magnet® status in 2012 by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), in recognition for its professional nursing excellence
Quality & Safety
• Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children was awarded the Elite Distinction as one of 12 Leapfrog Top Children's Hospitals in the country in 2012, recognizing exceptional quality and patient safety
• Excellent quality and safety outcomes, including hospital readmissions for asthma, patient survival rates and surgical infection prevention
Health Information & Technology
• Advanced Electronic Health Record (EHR) technology that works seamlessly across multiple locations
• Among the "Most Wired" hospitals and health systems in the U.S., Hospitals and Health Networks magazine, 2012
• HIMSS Davies Organizational Award of Excellence from the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS)
• Nemours Center for Children's Health Media, creator of KidsHealth.org — the #1 most-visited website devoted to children's health – less