Nemours Employee Reviews

Great Physicians/ high burnout
Physician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 19, 2019
The nursing staff was supportive and the physicians are great as well. The schedule is not conducive to work/life balance. There is a high physician turnover and burnout rate.
Audiologists Are Not Valued
Pediatric AuD (Former Employee) –  East Coast, USAJanuary 11, 2019
I have a doctorate in Audiology, but as far as management and HR are concernd an AuD degree is meaningless. They believe that because there are still a few people on the market available with a masters in audiology that their audiologist pay scale should be lower. PA’s and ENTs that work on the same team as the Audiologists receive bonus that are not awarded to Audiologists. The staff was nice, loved the patients, but when other companies have starting salaries set 10k higher than what I made after 5 years at Nemours it was time for me to give up on this company and move on to a company that paid better and respected both me and my degree.
Pros
Co-worker
Cons
Low Pay
Huge management issues
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 2, 2019
Sadly, the management issues are out of control here. From the top down, bad behaviors are overlooked and mediocrity is allowed.
There is way too much favoritism, harassment, and racism going on.
Pros
Paid volunteer day off, and decent tuition reimbursement.
Cons
See above
Clicky, petty, poor management
Provider (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 1, 2019
Management in this place leaves A LOT to be desired. They are typically only worried about themselves - most don't even know the staff under them names, they don't acknowledge their staff when walking by or even if they are standing right beside you. Morale is at an all time low. When staff leave they do not replace them and just expect everyone else to pick up the slack. There is no support for most staff unless you are a physician and even then that is not a guarantee unless they are highly productive physician. It's unfortunate because it is suppose to be all about the kids but it most definitely is not - private paying/private insurance families will pay way more out of pocket for services than they would at a private facility. The department I worked in had no set standards of care, often didn't follow national protocol and frequently misdiagnosed children. Providers and support staff often just left work or didn't always showed up without notification. Staff were very clicky, didn't actually like to work hard, spent most of their time on facebook. Overall this was easily one of the worst places to work and I'm glad I've left. I loved working with the families and kids that came there but you need a good work/life balance and working in such an environment destroys that.
Pros
good insurance
Cons
Management, overall standard of care
Traveling Pharmacy Technician
Traveling Pharmacy Technician III (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 31, 2018
This is a great hospital that works only with children. It offers housing for long term families. Specialized care is the number one mission for this hospital.
Disappointment - Awful place to work
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEDecember 19, 2018
It is the worst experience I have had in my working history. I resigned this position because Management is terrible!!!!. They cant keep employees because of their unprofessional, underhanded actions.
Fun workplace with flex hours and collaborative workforce
NCH HOSPITAL CLAIMS ADMIN ANALYST NEMOURS (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 18, 2018
A typical day at work is relaxed, management is great, and the work culture is family oriented. The hardest part of the job was leaving it because I love my job and I love the people I work with.
Pros
Flex time
It's has some growing to do
Account Reconciliation Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 15, 2018
It use to be a great place to work. Once certain people got into upper position they no longer stayed true to the company mission but started their own agenda. It has the opportunity to be a great place again if this people are demoted.
Poor Management
Patient Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 9, 2018
Typical day at work is very busy, answering phones, checking in and out patients. Completing right fax or scanning documents into a patient chart. Communication with external and internal facilities such as Hospitals, ER and Urgent Care Centers. Faxing and mailing letters to patients for the Doctors. Participating in once a month staff meetings. Light cleaning of the office. Documenting all information for a patient into chart for doctors and Hospitals to review. Answering calls or calling back patients with point of care.
Pros
Cons
Paid Time off, Breaks and Lunches
Unfair Workplace Culture
Patient Service Rep/ Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 3, 2018
Wonderful Coworkers, The Scheduling office was the brains of the clinic and we got the least respect. The manager had her favorite workers and friends in the office so of course you walked on eggshells when coming to work and they will fire you at the drop of a dime.
Cons
nice clean place and friendly
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 3, 2018
vary kid friendly it was a clean and open work environment they had flexible work hours and attentive management and staff not a high stress job reasonable pay
Rewarding
Materials Management Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 1, 2018
I love my job. Every day I go to work feeling complacent. I am proud of being part of the organization and the people in my team. It's a very rewarding place to be a part of knowing and witnessing the lives being saved on a daily.
Excellent work experience
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 20, 2018
The company is amazing. What they stand for and how they treat their employees and patients is extraordinary. As an employee, I have learned and gained great experience.
I love my job !
Hospital authorization specialist (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DENovember 19, 2018
Nemours is a wonderful place to work. I have an amazing department and I know that they truly care about me as a person and my family as well. I am grateful.
Sensitive to family needs.
Patient Service Representative Sr. (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 15, 2018
Providing appointments, verifying insurance as well as obtaining the authorizations needed for the appointment.

Training available for all aspects of the job requirement.
Divisiveness as a manager but a good company otherwise.
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 31, 2018
Not sure what the managers deal is but she did everything she could to block me from advancing to the point I gave up trying. It's like purgatory.

However, the company itself is great. The culture is awesome.
Pros
Great pay, benefits
Cons
One monkey will stop the show
No words can describe
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 21, 2018
Great place to work, excited everyday to get there, happy with co workers, great work life balance and management. Always feel appreciated and taken care of.
Nemours
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 4, 2018
Fast pace, yet patient-centered environment. Mainly a team working environment. It can be stressful at times but management likes to recognize employees for there hard work. I love Nemours and the environment.
Well paying, adequately staffed hospital
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 29, 2018
Yes, the summary sounds too good to be true but it’s not! This hospital pays its staff well and offers bonus’ to encourage its staff to work overtime as to staff units appropriately! There is a great culture here amongst staff. Nearly everyone who works here is positive and enjoys their job. My only complaint is that as this is a children’s hospital I feel as though administration bends over backwards to accommodate the parents sometimes at the expense of the staff.
Thee absolute worse place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 25, 2018
I have never been in an environment that was so distasteful. The management is ridiculous. Manager is a bully. If you don’t suck up you’re out the door. HR is useless if they are friends with management they will always side with them. Never again will I ever apply to anything within this company. As hard I have been working doesn’t matter I am one foot out the door by a threat to termination by management. Again doesn’t matter how hard you work.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nemours. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss