Nemours
67Average

Nemours Employee Reviews

United States414 reviews
Great start in healthcare
I was able to grow in many different roles at Nemours. Compensation was not too great long term, but the ability switch to different roles was exciting. Great family orientated healthcare system.
I enjoy going to work knowing I am doing the best job for our patients from a patient safety aspect. I learn something new everyday.
Nemours is truly dedicated to the best care possible for our patients. Nemours is always looking ahead for new and better ways to service our patients.
Good work/life balance, training opportunities, and compensation.
The Review Summary says it all - mobility is a bit limited. Ability to work from home at the managers' discretion. Excellent benefits. Working in pediatrics is a bit challenging considering the vulnerability of the patients.
Please see below
Dynamic workplace that offered room for advancement as well as the opportunity to work collaboratively with members of a multidisciplenary team. Enjoyed my time at Nemours and cherish the professional relationships that were cultivated.
Must have a love for children
Stayed There 25 years that says it all!
Moved around within the Hospital throughout my 25 years there.

Beautiful work environment

Free parking garage
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Immediately rewarding company with helping families and children
I feel as though my direct impact in assisting the physicians in my department impacts the children and their families daily. I'm able to handle most tasks for our providers, allowing them to spend more clinical or OR time assisting patients. The team i work with is extremely upbeat and typically willing to lend a hand whenever and wherever needed with a positive attitude. We work well as not only a team, but we have also become friends which has helped us form a strong bond together. While in my current role, a handful of the physicians in my group have additionally taken on dual roles within the organization creating more work on my behalf which can create some challenges when completing tasks, however I try to look at it as a learning experience and feel honored to grow with the team.
Beware .. things are not as good as they seem
Managers are corrupt and get where they are by throwing people under the bus and walking all over people. There is favoritism, unfair practices, and double standards. Bullying is a constant and reporting you gets you nothing but retaliation. If you question anything, raise any issues/concerns, or even seem like you don’t completely agree with everything management says you will be Targeted and they will make your life miserable until you quit or they find a reason to fire you. HR is absolutely useless and if you go to them with concerns they will help management drive the buss right over you.
Great entry level job
Management does not have the employees health nor their work life balance at the top of their day to day list. New leadership doesn't give equal opportunities.
Company has core ideals without follow through
This company truly does great things for the children of Central Florida. Unfortunately, this comes at the expense of the employee’s work-life balance, particularly in the busier departments. Pay is mediocre at best. Managers are frustrating to work with. This is a “take it with a grain of salt” type thing. You really have to love what you do to keep doing it.
Good experience
This hospital was a nice place to do my externship. I acquired many new skills in radiologic technology. The staff seemed to have good morale and were happily employed.
If you love Stress, this is for you
Be prepared to be dumped on continuously with little to no support. Nemours does a fantastic job branding their name...don’t fall for it!!! Employees are extremely stressed and they are notorious for pushing out good employees due to age discrimination.
Great Place to Work
Nemours has a positive environment and opportunity for growth within the company. Even as a PRN associate, I felt within the loop about important messages regarding patient needs and conditions.
Management not supportive
Management is not supportive of physicians and work-life balance. There is no appreciation of hard work. The culture is, It’s not what you are, it’s who you know. If you are a yes sir, then you will succeed.
Summary
Working at Nemours I’ve learned so much not only from the company but about myself as well. I like the work three days off the rest but the 12hr shift with two kids does not fit my needs.
Unqualified personnel leading
Staff are promoted not because they are qualified but because they can “spill the dirt” on someone higher up. It’s not what you, it’s who you know. If you are a yes man, then you will succeed
Family
This was a job to learn so many thing it was a big family and you get to work with so much people and they help you so much and show you many new things
Established hospital with a great reputation
I enjoyed working for Nemours. There excellence of the care of children is well established and well known. I would definitely consider a position should I relocate.
Bad management
Great employees to work with. Alot of caring and intelligent co-workers. HOWEVER, management is destroying the ED. My suggestion is to pass on any ED jobs and save yourself.
Gain a great sense of belonging and accountability.
Gain a great sense of belonging and accountability. Extremely grateful for the opportunity that Nemours has given me. As I continue to strive for excellence in my field, in my home, as well as my community.
Excellent Hospital to Work For
Collaborative, patient- and family-centered, evidence based pediatric hosiptal. Exceptional teaching attendings and a familial-feeling residency program.
Pros
Free daily meals and meal cards, pumping rooms for nursing moms, as flexible a call schedule as can be expected in residency
Great Place to work
Nemours is a wonderful community/company to work for. Each unit is ran differently and there is so many opportunities to grow. Each day is filled with happy employees ready to work.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nemours. Our community is ready to answer.
Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

75%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

25%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.