Nemours
Happiness rating is 62 out of 100

Nemours Employee Reviews

United States496 reviews

childhospitalpatientchildrenspediatricphysiciannurseclinical

Great place to work. Poor management

Love the kids but the people in charge tend to micromanage. Culture is great, employees are great. Salary is mediocre. Typical shifts doing patient care. Vitals, vaccines, poc testing.

It all depends

The people are great but, there is an unfairness regarding compensation between employees. Working there is great, i truly enjoy working working there. The team is like a family but when it come to compensation its a different story.

Nemours insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

great place to work

great work life balance, can depend on your coworkers. Great physicians and RTs, easy to get along with others and great parking situation as well as benefits.

Micromanagers .

Managers micromanage to the point where it’s not fun to come to work.Promote people with no people skills no college degree who yell at staff , and say listen to me I’m your leader .Everyday huddles that go on and on about problems within the hospital , that never get resolved .

Training

Training is 2 months long I hate how everyone looks at you when u do something wrong not very fun place to work either . Management isn’t very nice either

Fun workplace

Great management, awesome benefits great conworkers. Providers are nice and caring for the staff and patients. The job isnt as busy for medical assistants so if you use to doing it all be prepare not to here

Amazing job

Great place to work. Management cares and they utilize a nursing shared governance structure for most changes organization wide. Great pay. Only complaint is benefits cost per paycheck

Just don’t come here!

Listen, this place is just down right horrible. They rip u off left and right about policies and procedures and severely underpay you. I used to answer phones everyday, so it would get very stressful during morning times. There would be NO help whatsoever in regards to dwindling the call volume. The management is absolute garbage. Everyone is fending for themselves. There is extreme favoritism there. If I wanted to move up in the company, it has to be APPROVED by the director of your department. You can “shadow” another department, but if the director doesn’t “feel” like u can move up, YOU CANT MOVE UP, even if your good at the job of the other department. There is little to no room for advancement, plus, in order to get a raise, you have to be there for 1year to be eligible for a raise. God forbid, if u get a second job and they find out u did, it could mean your job is in jeopardy because u can’t focus on Nemours fully. They are cheap scape artists, caring about the image of the company and not the values or staff or the actual care of the patients. If your not a doctor(and they are also underpaid and overworked), then look elsewhere because this place ain’t it!!

Awesome people

Great place to work and move up in your career. Love the people i work with and work from home permanently. You will love it here…apply and enjoy working from home

Terrible Management

Horrible place to work when you have managers who have their favorites. Very little room for growth, unless management likes you. Very stressful workload, always short staffed because no one stays past 6 months. Very toxic and a unprofessional work environment. I wouldn’t recommend, run, run and keep running. Management gossip to their staff about other staff members.

Stressful

Collecting monies is very stressful- The culture is great, but work and life not balanced. The most important thing is $$$$. No training program- Pay is average based on duties .

Executive Assistant Cardiac Center

Within the cardiac center there was poor management, leadership constantly micromanaged & condescended, I felt held back from opportunities and unsupported. There was no empathy towards employees. Poor work life balance.

Pros

Cafeteria

Cons

Poor management, micromanaged, condescending, held back, unsupported, no empathy

Just a workplace

My team was great. Most of the employees just seemed unapproachable. Stayed for a few months. Not sure how it would be if I stayed longer. Learned and moved on.

easy

I am a PRN. I have worked at Nemours for 1 and 1/2 years. I love working here. The workload is very manageable. Everyone is extremely friendly and open, from my fellow techs to the nurses to the physicians. I know that some complain here, but I really feel that they need to see what other labs expect from workers before they complain. I have worked 2 other jobs and I was run ragged on them. Here I have the time I need to really investigate any issues that may come up. I haven't felt that at my first two jobs. From what I've seen they really try to do what they can to accommodate peoples schedules.

Awesome work culture but management is horrible!

Management does not support their teams. There is no opportunity at all for growth! I enjoyed my co-workers, some of the doctors, and definitely the families.

Short Staffed

They are unable to hold on to nurses and the ones who do work here are overworked and burnt out. As a nurse if you are good they will put you in the hardest assignments all the time.

Toxic

One of the worst jobs I've ever had. Toxic, toxic, toxic. Management was horrific. The best thing I ever did was leave even before I had another job.

Staff worked together to get things done

Even when super busy, there was always someone willing to help to get things done in a timely manner. The nursing staff was the best thing about working at Nemours. They were like family and we all leaned on each other to take the best care of our patients.

Pros

Excellent nurses, good pay & benefits, technology, Epic, patient / family centered care

Cons

Management should have hands on floor rotations with their own assignment, get a better understanding of challenges nurses face with acuity assignments, with sometimes unrealistic expectations.

CBO Employee

It was the best of times and it was the worst of times. After 20 years I decided to leave the organization. During my tenure I had survived multiple layoffs and restructuring within the organization. The once thriving company is now in debt and “ budget “ issues are common. My best advice is to make sure that your parent works there. We witnessed anyone with a parent employed at the company receiving an immediate promotion. This is a place to obtain experience and then move on. The plus is the people that you work with. The minus is that the numbers are not everything they are the only thing.

Benefits

Cons

Stress Level

Great Environment and Benefits

I love this hospital. Coming from a totally different environment and even experiencing different hospital cultures during clinical rotations, it doesn't get better than Nemours. I love coming to work and don't feel drained when I leave at the end of my shift.

Management that is absolutely clueless

Run, run far away from this organization. The pay and benefits are great, but everything else is trash. If you are someone who doesn't have FMLA every single year be prepared to do the job of more than one person everyday. Managers get their jobs by being friends with someone. You'll be sent a survey multiple times a year yet no one will care about what the responses are. This place cares more about people's emotions than the job actually getting done. You'll literally be asked by your manager frequently "do you have a best friend at work". Who cares, just do the job!

Pros

Salary

Cons

Literally everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nemours. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

75%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

25%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss