Nemours Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 18, 2018
Happy Faces and great attitudes. Every day is a learning day here. Management is a little crazy but it works but great people. No hard work done here. Everyday is a great day here
Career Experience Depends On Supervisor
Chief Computer Scientist For Health Informatics (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 5, 2018
A position was created for me with a great deal of autonomy. That was exercised with little supervision and a network of internal contacts was served well on the basis of feedback from collaborators. Still the absence of directed supervision seems to have resulted in elimination of the position.
Integrity
Service Desk Analyst /IT (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 30, 2018
IT Manager is more into hiring people he's friend with but not people who are qualified to do the job. His failed to keep his promise to promote people upon hard work and responsibility
Pros
good benefit
Low paying
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 29, 2018
The hrs were fixed. Bad collaborating skills. The right hand has no ideas what the left hand is doing. Management is relaxed, and the hardest part about my job is sitting for 8hrs in non-ergonomic chairs that hurt your back, and the company refuse to upgrade.
Pros
great management
Cons
no advancement, low pay
Nemours/A.I. duPont Hospital for Children
Nurse Manager/RN, Day Medicine Unit & IV Therapy (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJune 9, 2018
I have loved this hospital since the moment I started 21 years ago. It has helped me grow from a unit aide to a nurse manager. I have been able to witness many changes over the years, some good and some bad, but the mission still remains...Caring for your child as if they were our own.
Pros
Beautiful campus
Cons
Management is stretched to their max!
Not happy with this employment
Patient Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJune 8, 2018
Nemours in itself is a great hospital and has great providers. Management is very unprofessional and do not build team rapport. There's a lack of confidentiality and a sense of discomfort in discussing anything with management. I'm sure it's not all of Management throughout the hospital; however, it is very true for the manager I work for.
benefits
Cons
management
Great place to work for helping and interacting with children
Administration (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 7, 2018
I absolutely loved working with this company, and if it were up to me I would have never left, a large number of employees were let go due to having to downsize and relocate. I loved the fact that everyone worked together and treated each other like family. The most enjoyable part about this job was the interaction with the pediatric patients and families.
Pros
Great salary and benefits
It's All About Who You Know...
Materials Management Technician (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJune 7, 2018
Some people are able to get away with laziness, while others are expected to do everything. So if you're looking for a job with an unequally balanced load, this is the place for you...

There's little room for advancement, overtime is offered on a first come first serve basis, team leads aren't as knowledgeable as they should be, and your coworkers can be petty.

The benefits are good and the hospital environment is positive.

Hidden Facts:
They want to train you in three different positions, without proper compensation.
Team communication is horrible.
You're pushing a LARGE 100lbs-200lbs cart around the still expanding hospital.
Computers are janky.
Pros
Lunch Parties, Benefits, Exercise
Cons
Short Breaks, Pettiness, Lack of Knowledgeable Supervisors
Pediatric Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 1, 2018
A typical day in my job is obtaining vitals on patients. I have learned to be calmer. The workplace culture is not followed by any means. The hardest part of my job is listening to everyone complain and nothing changes.
Overall
Medical Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLMay 30, 2018
Nemours is a great place to work, but some of the management needs to be restructured. Great benefits and they pay well. I loved the people I worked with.

Want to know more about Nemours?

Ask a question
Awesome Company to work for
Sr. Director of Enterprise Solutions (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 17, 2018
They truly put the Patient and the employee first. the quality of life they provide for their employees is the highest. Their CIO has a great grasp on the healthcare industry and a great leader to work for
Pros
Environment, Leadership
Enjoyed family atmosphere
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMay 17, 2018
Pensacola has a smaller number of associates so work was like working with an extension of of your family. Everyone truly cares about their coworker.
Administration is fragmented and narrow-minded
Medical Technologist (ASCP) (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMay 10, 2018
Even though Nemours provides outstanding pediatric care to patients from all 50 states and around the globe, the daily culture is biased. Nearly all seminars and extras are conducted within the noon to 2pm window of time. This makes it impossible for Afternoon and Midnight employees to participate. This includes everything from grand rounds to how to deal with stress seminars and fitness classes.
Pros
Free parking, 24 hour coffee shop, fitness center, 403b
Cons
Pension discontinued, day-shift biased culture
it is good when you first start
Courier/ Building maintenance (Former Employee) –  DelawareMay 10, 2018
when you first start it is good. seems like an old boys club. management of certain departments leave a lot to be desired.
They cap the salary for most jobs then you can not make anymore money. If you get a work related injury they find ways to get rid of you.
Pros
easy place to work
Cons
dealing with management greed
HIM Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 25, 2018
I enjoyed my job. Due to cut back, I lost my job. Management was less than desirable. Good place to work. Good benefits, as well as pay. I enjoyed working with and helping out the kids that came in for their appointments.
Benefits
Student Nurse Preceptorship
Student Nurse Preceptorship (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEApril 25, 2018
Great place for getting experience as a student nurse. Loved it there! Inspired me to want to continue with pediatric nursing. Had especially great experiences in the PICU.
Team work
Paramedic/Clinical Logistics Technician (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 24, 2018
Always willing to help each other out and do what's best for the patients. The best part of my workday is working with the kids and seeing them happy healthier each and everyday.
Medical Assistant
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEApril 23, 2018
The best was rooming my patients and taking care of them. Kids will love to see you smile and will like the way we take care of them even tho we gave them shots.
Love the community
Director St Helena's Early Learning Center (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEApril 21, 2018
I loved being able to go to the fittness center. I loved being able to offer support to the employees of Nemours. I know I did a great job to offer a happy enviornment to assure that the nemours employees coould go to work and focus on the job they were doing for nemours. I am customer service oriented.
Pros
happy place to work
Cons
Nemours great place to work
Administrative Assistant I (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEApril 19, 2018
fast pace, answering calls, receiving feedback, I have 23 Social workers and I supervised the interpreters, making sure patient has interpreters if needed, payroll, on cal schedue etc
Pros
Flexability
Cons
location of my office-basement no windows

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nemours. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

4.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.