Neogen Corporation Employee Reviews

Good for experience
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIApril 4, 2018
Fresh out of college it's good for experience. Don't expect raises or advancement. Always reactive, never proactive. Very big into events, picnics, holiday party which is good for some.
Pros
Steady paycheck
Cons
low wages, always bored, no advancement
Quality Supervisor/Doc Control Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIApril 3, 2018
Pay was not the greatest, but had a great management team. Lots of learning and advancement opportunities. Able to work with little to no supervision.
Pros
Great management, learning opportunities
Cons
Pay increases minimal.
Neogen was a nice place to work besides for mangment could been better for the business it is .
Material Handler- packager- labeller (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIFebruary 12, 2018
I loved working for neogen but hr didn't work for me I started there on third shift an they stop thirds so had to go to first first an it didn't work for me an my family .
Has a problem keeping employees around.
Undisclosed (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIDecember 20, 2017
The place could be a good one to work, but most of the time employees tend to complain about how terrible it is to work there. The biggest issue is that people just aren't paid what they are worth and the talented people tend to leave because of it.
Pros
401k match, good coverage and cost for insurance
Cons
30 minute unpaid lunch, poor pay.
Fun, too much down time
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIDecember 5, 2017
Not a lot of training, the pay is not competitive. They hire a lot of college kids. The company works hard to provide recognition and other incentives because of the low pay.
Underpaid for quality work
Quality Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MINovember 7, 2017
Advancement is minimal, but job security is high.
Appreciation for excellent work comes in the form of food.
Merit increases are minimal.
Employees are for the most part underpaid, with the exception of upper management positions or some sales positions.
If you have to leave the company, they will charge you any PTO hours that were used over your earned PTO allocation i.e. 1 day earned per month.
Standard procedures can be blatantly wrong.
Decent place for industry experience.
Most new hires are recent college graduates who don't stay with the company very long (only for industry experience).
This companies main goal is to please it's stockholders, which they succeed in, but unfortunately paying its employees a decades old salary is a side effect.
Not Recommended.
CNC Machine Operator / Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIOctober 19, 2017
Company many flaws reflect greatly on how company treat employees . Advancement opportunities are slim . Unsafe work environment , terrible Management.
Pros
N/a
ok
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJuly 17, 2017
it was nice to work there but if you get a job there make sure its not part time cause you wont get any time off or benifits, they do a lot of outing as a group and that part of it was nice
Company has events for employees
Rather not say (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIJune 21, 2017
I gained experience at Neogen to move to another company that would appreciate me and pay me what I deserve. This is a great company to start with in order to gain experience, which is why turnover is HIGH! Most employees are not appreciated and this shows in their pay.

Neogen holds events for the company such as picnics, Lugnut outing and other activities. While these events are nice, they don't make up for the lack in pay! Unfortunately, if you don't hold a position that will actually make the company money, your pay will be horrible!

After my insulting increase this year, my search for new employment has began with 2 interviews this week and 1 job offer.
Pros
Events for Employees, Holidays off
Cons
Horrible pay, no advancement for certain positions
Under-payed entry-level experience
Reagent Support Manufacturing Chemist (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 16, 2017
You are called young professionals, but you won't feel like it. You're opinions don't matter much and you will be under payed. Even if you work up to being a team lead, you'll still be making far less than the average. You do picnic dinners sometimes and a employee appreciate day where they give you swag that no one cares about.
Offered real world experience and my colleagues were my swell.
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Management, Pay
wonderful people to work with, very fast paced work, interesting and challenging.
Lateral flow chemist (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIApril 25, 2017
The day begins at 7am and you are making large and small solutions or testing samples.
You are busy throughout the day, with a break available but hard to find time to take it. Lunch is a half hour and usually crowded in the break room.
When you get back to work, you stay busy until quitting time or you have to stay late to finish work.
Management is usually hands off,
Work place culture is professional and polite.
The best part of the job is working with co-workers.
Pros
employee perks-picnics, gifts, etc
Cons
short breaks and short lunch time.
Not very happy about this place
Packaging Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYDecember 8, 2016
Was very strict about how you did you work, boss was not the best, co workers were not easy to get along with, had good benefits and paid well
NIce people poor Magament
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYDecember 6, 2016
Easy work nothing very hard to do. People who work production are good but Management needs improving. Best part is you are off work every other Friday.
Pros
Every other friday off
Cons
Managment
Pay
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEOctober 9, 2016
Best part of the job is the co-workers
If you don't like money and wanna live just above homeless, then this job is for you
Company does not pay well and thinks they make up for lack of pay with occasional free food.
An excruciating experience
Production Tech (Former Employee) –  LansingMay 20, 2016
Unaccomodating and rife with nepotism when it comes to the work force. Conservative-leaning anti-intellectuals given precedence. I have attention deficit and when I asked HR to make simple accommodations I was ignored and left to just deal with it.

Must stick around for years to get proper pay, creating a complacent group of "lifetimers" and a team of expendable young people. Very disappointing. (And no wifi for anyone!).

Unless you're ready to sign your life over to Neogen, work anywhere else.
Pros
Spanish and Arabic people to talk to
Cons
Complacent, stale corporate culture
Good admin asst/customer service experience
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJanuary 8, 2016
Too much office information regarding a female employee and one of the owners. He being married, the female employee was not...
I would rather not go into details on the internet.
However, I did like them both but didn't want to be caught up in their
"business".
Pros
Work hours and salary
Cons
Things were starting to get out of hand between the owner & female employee
Bad company atmosphere and attitudes
Corporate Writer (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMarch 2, 2015
Working for the company for less than six months perhaps shows best what kind of a place it is to work for.

I was asked to accept the job on the spot, and was reprimanded for asking for 24-hours to think over the offer's compensation and incentives (side note: they will not tell you anything about the benefits package ahead of time -- which, frankly, isn't all that great anyway). I was told I should've been grateful for what was given to me and that I needn't have applied if I wanted to ask so many questions.

That should've given me my first clue that this wasn't the place for me. Having to report to multiple managers (the hierarchy of which was never fully explained), and being told that I should only do things the way my predecessor did and that any suggestions otherwise were "stupid" and "useless" and "not what we do around here," were just a few of the additional problems.

Even when I asked two of my superiors for help with the situation -- I was told that my predecessor wouldn't have been unhappy about it and I needed to reevaluate how I acted.

The hardest part of the job was the lack of voice and respect I had, and how others in entirely different departments had some say in the functions of my job.

All of this and more caused me to begin looking for a new job about two months after starting.
Pros
Casual Fridays, free parking
Neogen the Joke
Production Tech (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIFebruary 19, 2015
It's like working in a high school! This is where soap operas are dreamt up. If your salaried you don't even have to show up on time nor do your work because the hourly's have to do it for you, it is in the job description.
Company with Continuous Growth
Digital Media Content Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYFebruary 19, 2015
Neogen has been growing, and is still growing, in the field of Life and Animal Sciences. The company has so much potential to do big things, and it also has so much growth potential for those within the company--you just have to work to find it.
Sales Based
QA/QC Technician II (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJanuary 28, 2015
Neogen is a sales-based company and has no respect for the lab workers. This is fine if you are looking for a sales job, but the lab technicians are viewed as dispensable. The upper management is constantly saying how well the company is doing and how much money they have in the bank, but in the next sentence says that no raises are available because of the bad economy. This place is the reason I decided to put my career on hold and return to school for a different degree. It is that bad.