NeoGenomics

NeoGenomics Pay & Benefits reviews

United States115 reviews

Clear
3.5Pay & Benefits

Rewarding field with a familial office feel.

I LOVE Neo! In my three and half years with the company, I have grown tremendously in my KSA's. The benefits they offer are amazing and I was just able to finish my degree debt free with this company.

June 7, 2022
We appreciate you taking the time to review your experience with NeoGenomics. We work hard to provide valuable benefits for all Neo employees such as tuition reimbursement, 401(k), health insurance, and more. Congratulations on your graduation!

Great people, tedious work

I have met some truly great people at Neo. However upper management is slow to chance major issues with the workflow, everyone is trained differently (especially between shifts) leading to inconsistency and resentment between shifts. The work itself can become very monotonous and you may be on the same repetitive task for months on end. Good pay and benefits for an entry level position. Supervisors are great at being flexible and helping you with any problems. There are opportunities to move upward, you have to put in several years before they start your tech training. Great short- term job but not a career.

Pros

Great supervisors, good benefits, flexibility

Cons

Monotonous work, slow to change

June 13, 2022
We appreciate your candid feedback about your experience working at NeoGenomics. The HR department works hard to provide competitive benefits to employees. We recommend reaching out to your manager or HR to learn how you can grow at NeoGenomics with the various learning and development options available.

NeoGenomics insights

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Support from manager

Ok

Ok place to work at. The compensation doesn't match the overtime and the paid holidays are very low at a bare minimum. Upper management is not in touch with how the workflow runs on the lab level.

June 13, 2022
We greatly appreciate your feedback on working at NeoGenomics. In terms of compensation, we recommend starting a conversation with your manager. If you would like assistance with this conversation before, during, or after, please don't hesitate to reach out to HR.

Great Company, Employee oriented, Competitive Pay

Best Company I have ever worked for! I feel like I am valued and that is the best feeling. I also am happy with compensation considering the work I perform. The culture took a dive after the GPX acquisition but I think things are starting to turn around. Some big changes in leadership have been an adjustment, especially when previous leadership was loved by all, but I trust that we will continue to prosper as a company and I hope to have a life long career with Neo.

June 13, 2022
We greatly value your feedback about your experience as an employee at NeoGenomics. We are happy to hear that you are finding NeoGenomics to be a good fit for you! While there have been some leadership changes, the company will always be driven by its common purpose - saving lives by improving patient care.

A fast-growing company with great culture and benefits.

Neo does a great job making all employees feel appreciated and part of the Neo family. A great work environment, competitive pay and benefits, and great leadership make happy employees. Knowing your job makes a difference by saving the lives of cancer patients gives it so much meaning. No matter the position, you'll be glad you joined the Neo family.

Pros

Competitive Pay, Pto, health benefits, state-of-the-art facilities, great work environment.

Cons

Fast company growth can bring lots of change.

June 13, 2022
Thank you for providing your feedback on your experience as a NeoGenomics employee. We're happy to hear that you are enjoying your time at Neo. NeoGenomics works to foster a welcoming environment for all individuals, which helps create a strong Neo Team.

Na

Really busy and not enough people. Pay is mediocre. They are way behind the times I'm technology with a lot of assays being manual. Not a lot of growth.

June 13, 2022
We greatly appreciate your candid feedback about your experience working at NeoGenomics. We work hard on providing a world-class culture to all employees, and we are sorry this was not your experience. We do have over 100 job requisitions open currently to assist with staffing concerns, and opportunities for personal & professional development at Neo. Thank you for your feedback!

Welcoming Environment with Opportunities

I have been working at NeoGenomics for a while now. I feel like in my time here, I have grown tremendously. I am constantly being given work that matters and my opinions and ideas are always appreciated. The benefits are solid, I have a strong work/life balance, and I enjoy going into work everyday.

Pros

Flexible WFH schedule, Aetna health insurance, 401(k) matching, work/life balance

Cons

N/a

June 13, 2022
We greatly appreciate your feedback about your experience working at NeoGenomics. We are happy to hear your experience has lived up to the world-class culture we promote.

Great Culture

Great benefits and company culture. Management is great and extremely helpful. There’s room for advancement if you apply yourself so there’s definitely room for growth

June 7, 2022
Thank you for providing your feedback about NeoGenomics. We are constantly adding programs and benefits to help advance your professional and personal development at Neo. We're lucky to have you as part of the Team!

Sweatshop

Company is going down the toilet. They have more work and less and less staff. They expect you to do the work of 3 people at low pay. Upper management is dropping like flies, likely due to the mess they created. Everyone is miserable and even more miserable to work with.

Pros

Benefits are ok

Cons

Over worked and under appreciated.

Inexperienced Management leading to downfall of the department

No support from supervisor. When you need help with something and you ask for help, management sends it right back to you and says "figure it out". As the company grows and we hire more people to fill positions that they aren't qualified for, we have very large mistakes being made and no one being held accountable for them. This is a very political place to work and you will likely not ever be able to move up in your position or move to a new department to better yourself. This company looks amazing from the outside but the filling does not match the wrapper.

Pros

Benefits, Pto

Cons

Extremely heavy workload, mediocre pay- be ready to never see your family ever again.

May 11, 2021
Thank you for your honest feedback. Our company is not only committed to our clients and patient care, but also to ensuring all our employees have a positive work experience and we are sorry to hear that this is not the case for you. We encourage you to speak with your manager and/or HR regarding any matters not aligned to our mission, vision, and values.

Dear god where to start

First: The executive team is amazing. They do truly care about their employees and customers.Sadly that does not translate down the line. Upper and middle management have allowed this company to turn into a cesspool of toxic one upmanship that has east and west coast employees resenting each other and caught up in a never ending cycle of unhealthy competition and finger pointing instead of coming together as one cohesive team.Managers state openly that employees cannot go to compliance with issues, to include HIPAA issues, without 'clearing' it with management first. Sounds like a plan until you realize management is the problem then you have no one you can report to.The organization is insanely top heavy with enough leads/supervisors/managers/directors et al to choke any payroll budget to within an inch of its existence leaving very little left for their actual hourly employees. They do have an annual bonus that pays out at Christmas time however the goals to obtain 100% of that bonus have reach unrealistic levels where the departments know they will not be met, so why even try.PTO? Well it is there. But at times requests go unanswered, or are sent to a different department head in error (by the system) where it is never seen / approved OR they approve it without looking and suddenly everyone is off for the day.

Pros

Lab week, benefits

Cons

Salary for hourly employees, management that cannot manage, and too many levels of filters (leads, supervisors, managers etc) that ensure those at the top have no idea how miserable the employees actually are.

May 11, 2021
Thank you for your candid feedback. We are disappointed that your experiences aren't aligned with our goal of providing our employees with a world-class culture, but we are happy to hear your positive review of our company's executive leadership.

Great benefits

Great benefits and opportunity for advancement. Great pay. They are really expanding and are having an impact in fighting Cancer. Very good bonuses and retirement package

May 11, 2021
Thanks so much for taking time to review NeoGenomics. Our successes come from our outstanding employees and their unique values they each bring to work every day. Because we embrace our differences, foster collaboration and inclusion, and place a high value on community and communication, together we achieve a world-class culture. Thank you for being one of those outstanding employees.

Nice company to start out at good benefits

Lots of OT , sometimes mandatory. High volume, fast pace work environment. Nice pto accrual once you hit 10 year mark. Good place to start out at.

Pros

Bonus

Cons

Mandatory eto

May 11, 2021
Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to see your positive review of NeoGenomics' benefits and our high-performance culture that rewards employees with a yearly performance-based bonus.

Many Promises, Few Results

My time at Neogenomics was bitter sweet. People were cliquey; management was very questionable; work was soul numbing. However, it was a good place to start in order to become more familiar with lab environment and processes. There was training in different parts of the department, but it happened really slowly. Please note that you may spend five months doing the same task, every single day. Also, many promises were made to advance me to become a technologist; however it was delayed and kept getting pushed back, time and time again. If you are looking to advance in your career quickly, this is not the place for you.

Pros

Good Benefits

Cons

Poor Management, High turn-over rate, No room for advancement

May 11, 2021
Thank you for your feedback. Our company is committed to ensuring a world-class culture for employees. Additionally, we provide a number of professional growth and development opportunities so that employees can grow into their careers at Neo. We are sorry to hear you did not have this same experience.

Great Coworkers

I worked as a temp lab tech for a 6 month contract, but we were all laid off after 1 month. This was partly management's fault, and it wasn't helpful that they weren't upfront about what was going on and just laid us off after a few weeks of cutting our hours. Other than that, I enjoyed working at the company very much. The people were great, training was thorough, and coffee was definitely a plus.

Pros

Free Coffee, Ping Pong table

Cons

No benefits for full time temp workers

May 11, 2021
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to see your enjoyed your coworkers and your time at NeoGenomics, but we are disappointed that your experiences aren't aligned with our goal of providing all our employees with a world-class culture.

Very fast paced work environment

Great place to begin a career and learn a lot!!!has a great group of people who of many different cultures and different backgrounds. There are many locations that are available in the United States as well as other countries.

Pros

Great benefits, such as paid time off and sick days and holidays too!

Cons

Healthcare expensive, hard to take time off, not easy to get promote and move up the payscale, college education not taken into consideration for salary

May 11, 2021
Thank you so much for feedback. We are so glad that you are learning a lot during your time at NeoGenomics and that you appreciate our diverse, inclusive, and equitable culture.

decent pay, questionable management

raises are horrible, PTO is average. There is not a lot of room to improve or move up at neogenomics. The raises are really bad but bonuses are nice.

They only care about making money

Terible company, terible management. They do not care about the patients they only care about making money. They will work you to the bone and get rid of you if you are getting paid a fair salary. They will replace you with someone with minimal experience for the position in order to cut cost.

Good

Its was fun working for this company and u meet great people the benefits are great it is a tough job if you never work there but with good people around they help u out

Ok company. Culture & leadership needs improvement.

Overall Neogenomics is a good place to get your foot in the door but the culture holds the company back. A normal day tends to be high-volume work but isn't too difficult, its just really tedious. Majority of the time is printing and labeling slides. Training is lacking for some but not others. Everyone tends to get trained differently and at different paces which can cause confusion making it really hard to learn how to do your job well. The biggest issue has to do with the culture in certain departments. Gossip and drama tends to be a huge issue that management can't seem to fix. As nice as some leads and supervisors are, they don't have consequences for troublemakers and would rather cover up drama behind closed doors than deal with it. Thats what makes this job difficult, the frustrating work culture. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing your making a difference with some of the really good people that work there. Its just really unfortunate that there's a toxic environment that management can't seem to fix. PROS: Some good co-workers, good pay & benefits CONS: Lack of proper training, leadership needs work, bad work culture, & slow to promote.

Some managers do not communicate, overall good place to work, some inconsistencies in training, food trucks for morning crew, co-workers are good, benefits are really good

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NeoGenomics. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at NeoGenomics.
Powered byComparably

Compare NeoGenomics with

• NeoGenomics
  • Pay & Benefits
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?