NESCOR Employee Reviews

Production Worker (Current Employee) –  West Springfield, MAMay 8, 2019
I have been with Nescor for about 6 months now and I was welcomed by everyone in the company when I started. There are bonuses & room for advancement available for those who want to put in the work! Great place.
Pros
good culture, free lunch
Awful!
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  West Springfield, MAMarch 4, 2019
I got hired and then a week after starting got fired because "There wasn't enough work". If you don't have enough work don't HIRE. Would not recommend. Managers all talk about each other behind their backs.
Pros
Co-workers were great
Cons
Horrible Managers
Lots of things to do , work with team staff.
Call Center (Current Employee) –  West Springfield, MADecember 31, 2018
Great place and leadership placing trust in their call center. I'm learning because I work on challenging problems. Your leads come in via many source and then you are required to act upon these leads. Its cold calling many times , so don't expect people to be peachy these days when you call.

Great Company with good management and decent benefits. Plus company outings.Paid lunches every now and again is a perk
Pros
Good Decent people
Cons
You deal with General Public
Fun place to work, never a dull moment.
Staff (Current Employee) –  West Springfield, MADecember 31, 2018
The place does have perks, gives you chance to grow, you just need to prove your worth working, and management is reasonable.Detailed oriented and required knowledge of construction partially.

I find it challenging, and enjoyed that helping improve home owners experience's. Lots of things to keep you busy. It may get a bit overwhelming for some, everyone works in a team to help each other.
Pros
Team environment, Group training + Sales Training
Cons
Not much
Exciting environment to work in with flexible hours.
Field Marketing Representative (Current Employee) –  Cumberland, RIDecember 27, 2018
NESCOR is a great place to work for anyone who needs flexibility in the nature of their work schedule. I am learning each day that goals are achieved more easily through a structured approach. Working at NESCOR is inspiring because management pushes you individually to reach all of your goals: professionally, personally, and financially. The Cumberland office culture is new and fresh. Everyone in the office is generally younger (under 40) and encouraging. The toughest part about working for NESCOR is evaluating your own work at the end of the day and analyzing what you could have or should have done to be more productive. The best part about working for NESCOR is the flexibility in hours and the competitive compensation which comes with the position.
Pros
Opportunity for career growth
Cons
Short Shifts
Worst place ever
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  West Springfield, MADecember 21, 2018
Bad management , bad leads, bad company period. Stay far far away, everyone who works here will stab you in the back the first chance they get... failing company too.
Cons
Small environment, no appreciation for employees
Good place to work, and the days fly by fast.
NA (Current Employee) –  West Springfield, MAOctober 26, 2018
A typical day starts early around 8, and then it's getting ready and role playin. WE learn sales , and discuss how best to meet the customers needs. What is different is this isn't selling a car which I have done b4. We are sellin products for people's most valuable and loved thing, they home. I like that we do try to sell people what they want and need, but we don't sell them what they don't cause its they home, and if they do not get the right thing they will express this, and return the product which wont help us.

The culture here is good , lots of fresh faces as they are expanding their company. Its nice to be part of someting bigger.
Pros
Food on certain days, dres down on fridays
Cons
Dealing with the public gets intense, The public treats workers poorly sometimes.
Horrible company to work for. Beware horrible management!!!!!!!!!!
Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  MassachussettesOctober 7, 2018
Beware!!!! Horrible company to work for. High stress, horrible management, worst craftsmanship i have ever seen. They take advantage of old retired eldery people and swindle them into fixing thair homes up with a great sales pitch. Thay would try selling salt to a slug if thay could make a doller off it. I have never seen a more dishonest overpriced company in my life. Please do not waste your hard earned money on the poor craftsmanship thay provide. This company in constantly being investigated by the better business bureau. Beware!!!!! Do not trust this company to provide quality work. Way over priced!!!!
Pros
Company vehicle
Cons
Everything!!! Horrible craftsmanship!!!
Need a job that pays a bit better . This is it
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  West Springfield, MASeptember 24, 2018
This was a great place to work and move up the chain. Many different things to do. Organization is lacking , however it does allow to float around and try new things. The lack of organization didn't bother me much, some people it did though. I would recommend getting into sales.. or office type work. Canvassers are a good gig for the young. Basically walking,and door knocking. It's good for the right person,

Other than that good perks .. not much in reviews.. all about performance ,
Pros
Pizza at times, Good building, with good coworkers.
Cons
Fast Paced, old sales techniques as you'd expect.
not really much to say about it.
Canvassing Manager (Former Employee) –  W Springfield, MAAugust 27, 2018
Nescor was a decent place to work had decent pay wages and a good chance of moving up if you do a good job. However it consist of a lot of walking in hot, or cold temperatures.
Pros
good pay
Cons
lots of walking.
A great start to your sales career.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  W Springfield, MAMay 10, 2018
As a previous sales employee I can say that the training and opportunity was top notch. The management was always there for you. It's like any other job, if you love it then it's not work if you don't love it, then it's work. It's not a career for just anybody, sales can be very demanding, a lot of people are depending on you, the customer, the office and your family. If you can handle it then NESCOR is a great place to start and/or finish your sales career.
Pros
Training, support and pay.
Cons
Some days can be long (if you're not selling).
NESCOR is expanding
Current employee (Current Employee) –  West Springfield, MAApril 9, 2018
NESCOR is expanding and learning to make changes that will benefit all the employees. There are some ups and downs, but everyone is trying to get to a good place.
Pros
Environment
Cons
N/a
Horrible
Manager (Former Employee) –  West Springfield, MAMarch 26, 2018
Worst management I have ever worked for. Failing company. Cut throat, lack of training and you can't trust anyone there so you're constantly looking over your shoulder.
Official response from NESCOR
April 9, 2018

At NESCOR, we offer our employees support and training at all levels. NESCOR takes pride in all we do for our employees, our Human Resources department is always available to help any employee that needs it. We understand that this line of work is not only demanding, but time sensitive and management will always listen if the employee is willing to talk.Management positions are tough in any industry, but if the lines of communication are open and honest, our teams will come out on top!

NESCOR Management Team

Not very reliable
Employee (Former Employee) –  West Springfield, MAMarch 1, 2018
No direction, failing company. They use you, pay you pennies and fire you. This company has a 22% employee retention rate. I do not recommend. They also go by Total home improvement in New Jersey, watch out.
They are a very bad company
Installer (Former Employee) –  Westspringfield maJanuary 22, 2018
Will work you over time but won't pay you for it at all The management is literally s*** they don't have a clue what they are doing Stay away far away
Pros
Cons
Rip you off.
This not place to build a career.
Construction Production Manager (Current Employee) –  West Springfield, MAJune 26, 2017
You will be promised friendly work environment, complete support from the top management, . In reality none of these promises are true. If accept position at this company be ready being verbally abuse and work in extreme and very stressful condition.
Cons
The lack of training. Top management treats employees with absolute disrespect.
Official response from NESCOR
June 29, 2017

NESCOR Management Team

Productive place
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  West Springfield, MAApril 4, 2017
Some days were slow some flew by, but the vibe was always okay. Best parts of the day was hearing a customer was satisfied with our services. Very small call center, everything is so close together other offices etc. I learned how to look up prospects, edit prospects, set up appointments, how to put records on file
Pros
Easy job, weekly pay
Cons
Sitting for long periods of time
I love my job!!
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  West Springfield, MAFebruary 23, 2017
I am a current employee of Nescor and it is by far one of the best places I have worked at. The management is very professional and caring. I recommend this place of employment to all of my friends and family.
fast paced customer focused
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  West Springfield, MANovember 16, 2016
Great pay and benefits while working long hours to grow a nicely structured bonus plan. Management here will strive to see you succeed
Competitive Environment
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  West Springfield, MA 01089May 23, 2016
While there are some very experienced sales professionals to compete with there is a lack of structure for career advancement and communication issues often result in unnecessary loss of productivity. The work environment on an entry level is fun and exciting.
Pros
Solid fundamental Sales Education
Cons
Middle Management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NESCOR. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9