Nestle Purina Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Featured review
Nestle Purina selected this as a representative review
Life at Purina
Senior Application Consultant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 18, 2017
Purina backs up their dedication to work life balance. Their are continual initiatives to create a more collaborative work environment and introduce new innovative processes and tools.
Negative culture
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fairburn, GAJuly 14, 2018
While there are some very good people here there are too many who have been indoctrinated with bad values under terrible past management. Plant work is fast paced and stressful, but add foul attitudes and elitism and you have a recipe for failure. Good people don’t usually last very long here, unless you can be all about the money or use your time here to bulk up your resume while letting everything roll off your shoulder. The job descriptions should include warnings about the types of people who will be encountered here; you have to be very tollerant of snappy, sharp tongued, over trained, undereducated coworkers who may or may not be in leadership positions.
Pros
Paid breaks, opportunities for overtime
Cons
Breaks interrupted by plant needs, bad culture
Fast growing safety oriented place.
Production & Packaging Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield, MOJuly 11, 2018
Good salary and benefits. Fast growing and fast paced. Safety oriented with a strong desire to make continuous improvements. The work life balance is very good.
Great Working Enviornment
Administrative Assistant -Logistics Analyst (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 5, 2018
Great leadership and team building organization. Fostered an atmosphere for self motivation and growth. Fostered relationships for employee at and outside of work.
Nestle Purina was a great place to work
Logistics Analyst (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MO 63134July 5, 2018
However it is not the same as it was several years ago.
In my department it has changed a lot over the last couple of years. It has become more political and less about being passionate about the animals. That could be because of management. I have noticed that the moral in general is not what it used to be.
In my department we have a manager for every 3 or 4 people so we are very much micro-managed and not allowed any creativity.
Pros
You can bring your dog to work
Cons
A lot of positions have been elimanated so more work for the remaining folks.
Overall a good place
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Crete, NEJune 18, 2018
Not a bad place to work if you stay away from upper management. I loved my job until it was cut due to downsizing. Pay and benefits are some of the best in the country.
Pros
coworkers are great, benefits even better
Cons
management
Used to be a great place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 13, 2018
Management was forced out and was replaced with people who have no education or job skills. The new boss treats everyone badly and expects you to work 60+ hours a week.
Pros
Some departments can bring their pets to work
Cons
No work/life balance, lots of forced attendance at meetings that do not contribute to work goals
Great Place of employment
Laborer/Operator (Former Employee) –  Washington Court House, OHJune 12, 2018
Enjoyed my time with Purina, hated that it was cut short because, of another employees lack of communication and hot head, the supervisor on that shift that night should have sent that employee home after his confrontation with him, knowing that he was upset .
Pros
liked working the night shift
not as positive as glass door says
Engineering Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOJune 12, 2018
great people to work with, but management is lacking experience. the hardest part is dealing with late night phone calls. great pay and benefits though.
Pros
great pay
Cons
on-call
Great company
Transportation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IAJune 5, 2018
Great company. A fast passed environment with great company culture. Many learning opportunities within the overall company. Rotating Management and an inclusive company culture.
Pros
discounts
Cons
work life balance
Job was wonderful but Wyman's oversight and contract control lacking
Contractor - Program Manager/Facilitator PAL (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 4, 2018
Job was wonderful but management by Wyman was lacking in leadership and ethics as well as interferring in contract and ability to utilize skills and knowledge
Pros
Great job with youth and pets
Cons
Terrible leadership by Wyman
Great place to work unless you are a contractor
Project Manager, Education Community Affairs (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 4, 2018
Contractors are seldom hired with a 6 year work record average before being considered and are regularly overlooked for internal employees.

Few benefits for contractors.
Pros
Pets at work, internal events
Cons
Being a contractor
warehouse
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Clinton, IAMay 30, 2018
it was great packing and stocking and sending boxes up the line I learn how to also used the machine the hardest part was when I had to do other work because they where moving at a slow placed ,the fun part about it is overtime n getting to meet more people.
Hard and long hours.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield, MOMay 25, 2018
I worked for nestle for over 25 years and it made a good living for me and my family. Long hours and hard work time away from my family but good company.
Pros
Cat food dog food and other extras like their foods they made
Cons
Short lunch times, hot days cold days and working in the rain and weather.
Not that great of a place to work
Data Controller (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OKMay 22, 2018
Benefits are the only pro Purina. Management at the plant level lacks greatly. Warehouse managers are only in-training and finished goods is not an area you want newbie kids learning the ropes of the business.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
bad management at the plant level
Great place to start
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 15, 2018
I've been with the company for 7 years and although it is a great place to start. The opportunities for advancement aren't clearly defined and it can be challenging. The culture is still better than most, but it changing. I wouldn't discourage anyone from applying here, but it isn't the same company from when I started and that is very concerning to me.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
shifting culture, difficult to advance, lower pay
Decent place to work
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 10, 2018
I learned time management and punctuality are very important. I think the hardest part of the job was the long days. The best part was being able to create my own schedule.
Pros
creating my own schedule
Cons
Long days
Good Place to Work
Information System Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 7, 2018
Very Hands on company with great culture focused on continous improvement. Lead company in the petfood industry and are looking to maintain that title.
Reputable company that focuses on customer satisfaction while creating a professional and growth environment for its employees
Operations Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOMay 5, 2018
Would have loved to have started and ended my career at Nestle Purina. It is a reputable company that focuses on customer satisfaction, while appreciating, developing and acknowledging the efforts of their employees at all levels. While holding employees accountable for their responsibilities, it is also family-based and maintains a professional and friendly work environment. A top-notch organization that any employee would be proud to be a part of the team!
Productive place to work.
Associate Consumer Marketing (Current Employee) –  Caguas, Puerto RicoMay 3, 2018
I have learned to hear the clients and adjust to consumer's needs as much as possible. Purina has provided me with the tools to continue growing and has challenged me to do things differently. I am a team player but prefer to work by myself most of the time and put into practice my leadership and decision-making skills.
Good Pay, Poor Management
Process Technician (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield, MOApril 30, 2018
Nestle pays very well, however coworkers stab each other in the back. Management has a few people they like and whether someone has a degree or not, only certain people are ever given decent opportunity.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nestle Purina. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss