Nestle Purina Employee Reviews

Good Member of Community and Country
SAP Senior Cost Accountant Consultant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 14, 2018
Great Company
Solid Management
Great Food
Awesome Food in Meeting
Results Oriented
Dog Lovers Dream Food
Cat Lovers Dream Food

Baby Lovers Dream Food
Pros
no Response
Cons
no Response
Poor upper management, dirty dusty environment.
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MONovember 2, 2018
Plant manager is disengaged in the day to day business and does not want to be bothered with it. Very hypocritical of his employees and talks terrible about all of them. Will always talk of improvements but will never make it happen. What I have learned about working there is people will turn on you and turn you in to HR constantly. The work place environment is horrible, very dirty and dusty. The fellow associates are hard to get along with and only look out for themselves. If they don't like you don't plan on being there long!!
They will make your life miserable and very hard on you.
Pros
Cons
present work force, dirty nasty environment
Engineering Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PANovember 2, 2018
Nestle offered great benefits and pay. Training was always made available. The company picnics were always great fun as we always had a dunk tank for the managers. Pet food was available to employees at a greatly reduced rate and people could always bring their pets to work if needed.
run forest run
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Jefferson County, WIOctober 28, 2018
if your are drinking buddies with management you will go far sit down my friend and have a cigar if not you will be stuck watching out for back stabbers my advise to you run forest run
Pros
2 days a month off sometimes
Cons
meetings to decide when to have the next meeting
Fast Paced
Production/Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAOctober 27, 2018
Fast paced and stressful. No opportunity for advancement without Bachelors degree. Pays well and is a good resume builder with lots of income opportunities.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
work life balance
great place to work
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Maricopa, CAOctober 23, 2018
Nestle Purina is a great and fair paying place to work for. lots of opportunities to move up in the company. i enjoyed working for this company and will work for them again if given the opportunity to do so.
Pros
lots of opportunities to progress in the company
Cons
needs to have better training process for new hires.
Pet Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOOctober 23, 2018
Nestle Purina is a great place to work. The management is great. A typical day includes cleaning, feeding, and husbandry for cats and dogs. There is not a lot of supervision, so if you are not self motivated, you won't last.
Pros
discounts on all nestle purina products
Cons
hours are 4 tens either Sun-Thurs or Wed-Sat
Nestle
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOOctober 14, 2018
This opportunity was great for learning about the pet food business. A typical day was being involved in getting daily tasks accomplished. I wanted the opportunity to advance, they have a boss culture only the desired ones move forward.
Pros
Work
Nice place to work
Order Revenue Management Associate (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 7, 2018
The work is not hard. It can be stressful at times due to the amount that can come in at once, but that is maybe 3-4 days a month. The training and development team are wonderful and make sure that you know how to do your job.
Like any jobs has its good and bad days
OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZOctober 4, 2018
Great place to work, great benefits, 12 hour shifts just make it hard to have a work life balance. A lot of overtime available. Most employees are pretty personable and easy to get along with.
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Crete, NEOctober 2, 2018
Nice place to work pays well but 12 days straight is a bit excessive and the hiring process is in need of a touch up. But great people and great careers have been made here.
Pros
Company store is cheap
Cons
Hr is horible
Dynamic and challenging environment
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Union City, GAOctober 1, 2018
Never a dull moment in 21 years. This is what made the job interesting. Always keeps me on my toes.The hardest part of the job is scheduling time off. Always project work to do .
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Work life balance
No life
TPM (Current Employee) –  Fort Dodge, IASeptember 28, 2018
If you don’t have anything else to do and want to work your life away this jobs for you. Force you for overtime at the time clock when u are waiting to go home. Average 60-70 hours per week. Pays good make 100,000 a year easy. Get 4 days off a month.
Pros
Company Store good benefits
Cons
The hole place
Purina is a company that walk the talk. People are very passionate and committed.
LATAM Portfolio Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 24, 2018
There are different realities among the different markets which I have had the opportunity to work with. But the one thing in common is the passion and willingness to bring the best for consumers and their pets. We live the values and we believe that we can be better people when we are with our pets. In my position I was fully empowered and I tried to do the same with my team. Marketing is very disciplined which allowed to be bolder with the campaigns. Sometimes many meetings but I tried always to have an agenda.
Pros
Empowerment, pasion and commitment
Cons
Carrer plans uncertainty and ambiguity
Dont bother unless you have a family member working here..
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Dunkirk N.YSeptember 12, 2018
Completely biased hiring process. They will waste your time filling there quota then hire there nieces and nephews. Most people won't even bother reapplying simply for the fact they know its a sham interviewing process. And what they do to the temps is criminal. You have people that temp here for 8+ years and never get hired full time while the regular employee's hire there kids. Its disgusting and criminal.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Wont hire you unless your a relative
2nd shift electrician
Industrial Electrician (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAAugust 29, 2018
This is a good place to work for a production employee. They get compensated great for what they do. However for a maintenance employee you make only minimally more and take on many more responsibilities. Over time is continuously forced due to lack of maintenance employees. Average of 3 days off per month. Vacation days likely get turned down on weekends. There is no work life balance it’s just all work. No opportunity for training or continuing education. Could be a good place but meetings are priority over the plant running.
Pros
Pension plan with 401k
Cons
Not family friendly. No work life balance
Great group of people
CERTIFIED FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Crete, NEAugust 26, 2018
I loved what I did and the people I worked with. Fast paced environment kept me busy and satisfied in my role. Great benefits and fair wages. Overall I enjoyed my experience at Nestle.
Pros
Great pay
Fun place to work at
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Hartwell, GAAugust 24, 2018
I love it here at nestle, everyone treats you like family. They care about what’s going on in your home life always asking if we need anything. The best part about it is you don’t have to go up the chains to talk with management!
Pros
Great company to work for
Cons
I drive 2 hours away
Productive and watched t.V. At lunch
Parts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKAugust 18, 2018
One of the best place I ever worked ! The great thing I learned is we worked together as a team! The hardest part of the job was rare parts. Restocking inventory.
Pros
Free lunches
Fast Paced Environment yet provides work life balance
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 2, 2018
Being a salaried position, I appreciate the work life balance the job offers. The job also offers a flexible start time so no time clocks. Management is fair for the most part, however there are still some opportunities with favoritism. The hardest part of the job is disconnecting at home because we take out laptops home. The most enjoyable part of the job again is the flexibility with family time/events.
Pros
Work life balance/ Paid holidays
Cons
Salary and career advancement opportunities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nestle Purina. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight