Nestle Purina Employee Reviews

Dont bother unless you have a family member working here..
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Dunkirk N.YSeptember 12, 2018
Completely biased hiring process. They will waste your time filling there quota then hire there nieces and nephews. Most people won't even bother reapplying simply for the fact they know its a sham interviewing process. And what they do to the temps is criminal. You have people that temp here for 8+ years and never get hired full time while the regular employee's hire there kids. Its disgusting and criminal.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Wont hire you unless your a relative
2nd shift electrician
Industrial Electrician (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAAugust 29, 2018
This is a good place to work for a production employee. They get compensated great for what they do. However for a maintenance employee you make only minimally more and take on many more responsibilities. Over time is continuously forced due to lack of maintenance employees. Average of 3 days off per month. Vacation days likely get turned down on weekends. There is no work life balance it’s just all work. No opportunity for training or continuing education. Could be a good place but meetings are priority over the plant running.
Pros
Pension plan with 401k
Cons
Not family friendly. No work life balance
Fun place to work at
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Hartwell, GAAugust 24, 2018
I love it here at nestle, everyone treats you like family. They care about what’s going on in your home life always asking if we need anything. The best part about it is you don’t have to go up the chains to talk with management!
Pros
Great company to work for
Cons
I drive 2 hours away
Productive and watched t.V. At lunch
Parts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKAugust 18, 2018
One of the best place I ever worked ! The great thing I learned is we worked together as a team! The hardest part of the job was rare parts. Restocking inventory.
Pros
Free lunches
Fast Paced Environment yet provides work life balance
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 2, 2018
Being a salaried position, I appreciate the work life balance the job offers. The job also offers a flexible start time so no time clocks. Management is fair for the most part, however there are still some opportunities with favoritism. The hardest part of the job is disconnecting at home because we take out laptops home. The most enjoyable part of the job again is the flexibility with family time/events.
Pros
Work life balance/ Paid holidays
Cons
Salary and career advancement opportunities
Seamer Mechanic II (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PA 18104August 2, 2018
Fast paced environment. Nestle' is serious about following safety procedures. Must stick to the protocol. All is good as long as you follow there directive in the order in which they want you to perform your job duties.
Fast paced workplace , not too much of a work/life balance
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJuly 30, 2018
Overall Nestle Purina petcare was a good paying job. It didn’t have the right advancement opportunities through the company as u would of liked , but it was a satisfactory job. I have always wanted to pursue being a police officer or something in law enforcement.
Pros
Discounts on nestle products
Cons
No work/life balance
Wonderful
Quality Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, MOJuly 30, 2018
I miss this place everyday
It was the greatest job of all time
Biggest mistake of my life was leaving there

I would cut off my right pinky finger if I could get my job back there
Pros
Everything Except the hours
Cons
Hours on night shift
Team work mandatory
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAJuly 25, 2018
The best job I’ve ever had. Good pay weekly compensation if you’re an hourly employee. Always had opportunities for over-time. Great pay rate to start. Good team to work with especially supporting personnel in front office. Lots of physical labor but hard work paid off with great compensation.
Pros
Over-time allowance, good pay rate to start, payday every week
Cons
Lifting 50 lbs + mandatory, physically labor intensive
Too many Chiefs and not enough working people
Food/Product Safety Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fairburn, GAJuly 25, 2018
They didn't mind paying if you showed up for work, my manager wanted me to do my job the way he wanted it, when I knew that my inspections and results would get him along with a lot of other managers in trouble. I was told to keep my mouth shut.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
Long hours and no time with family.
Only there for a brief stint
Voice Engineer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 23, 2018
I found it to be a great place to work but unstable in the telecom department due to new technology and too many levels of red tape to resolve an issue.
Pros
Great working environment, friendly employees
Cons
Knowledge base in the telecom department was overseas and new to employees, too much red tape and separation of responsibility.
Negative culture
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fairburn, GAJuly 14, 2018
While there are some very good people here there are too many who have been indoctrinated with bad values under terrible past management. Plant work is fast paced and stressful, but add foul attitudes and elitism and you have a recipe for failure. Good people don’t usually last very long here, unless you can be all about the money or use your time here to bulk up your resume while letting everything roll off your shoulder. The job descriptions should include warnings about the types of people who will be encountered here; you have to be very tollerant of snappy, sharp tongued, over trained, undereducated coworkers who may or may not be in leadership positions.
Pros
Paid breaks, opportunities for overtime
Cons
Breaks interrupted by plant needs, bad culture
Fast growing safety oriented place.
Production & Packaging Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield, MOJuly 11, 2018
Good salary and benefits. Fast growing and fast paced. Safety oriented with a strong desire to make continuous improvements. The work life balance is very good.
Great Working Enviornment
Administrative Assistant -Logistics Analyst (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 5, 2018
Great leadership and team building organization. Fostered an atmosphere for self motivation and growth. Fostered relationships for employee at and outside of work.
Nestle Purina was a great place to work
Logistics Analyst (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MO 63134July 5, 2018
However it is not the same as it was several years ago.
In my department it has changed a lot over the last couple of years. It has become more political and less about being passionate about the animals. That could be because of management. I have noticed that the moral in general is not what it used to be.
In my department we have a manager for every 3 or 4 people so we are very much micro-managed and not allowed any creativity.
Pros
You can bring your dog to work
Cons
A lot of positions have been elimanated so more work for the remaining folks.
Overall a good place
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Crete, NEJune 18, 2018
Not a bad place to work if you stay away from upper management. I loved my job until it was cut due to downsizing. Pay and benefits are some of the best in the country.
Pros
coworkers are great, benefits even better
Cons
management
Used to be a great place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 13, 2018
Management was forced out and was replaced with people who have no education or job skills. The new boss treats everyone badly and expects you to work 60+ hours a week.
Pros
Some departments can bring their pets to work
Cons
No work/life balance, lots of forced attendance at meetings that do not contribute to work goals
Great Place of employment
Laborer/Operator (Former Employee) –  Washington Court House, OHJune 12, 2018
Enjoyed my time with Purina, hated that it was cut short because, of another employees lack of communication and hot head, the supervisor on that shift that night should have sent that employee home after his confrontation with him, knowing that he was upset .
Pros
liked working the night shift
not as positive as glass door says
Engineering Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOJune 12, 2018
great people to work with, but management is lacking experience. the hardest part is dealing with late night phone calls. great pay and benefits though.
Pros
great pay
Cons
on-call
Great company
Transportation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IAJune 5, 2018
Great company. A fast passed environment with great company culture. Many learning opportunities within the overall company. Rotating Management and an inclusive company culture.
Pros
discounts
Cons
work life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nestle Purina. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss