Nestle USA Employee Reviews

Found 1,139 reviews matching the search See all 1,149 reviews
Great Company
Supply Chain and Procurement Intern (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJanuary 14, 2019
Enjoyed my time at Nestle at their previous USA HQ in LA. The people were very supportive, smart, and hardworking. Work life balance is awesome. Very much a team environment, felt like everyone pulled their weight.
Legacy transnational food and drink company adapting to modern working world
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Solon, OHJanuary 10, 2019
During my time at Nestle, there has been an evolution both in the company's strategic business priorities and the effort to fit the modern working culture. Management has struggled to transition from an "office-centric" model to one where work can be done anywhere at anytime. The technology and behaviors to align to these new priorities has slowly caught on over the past few years.

There has been a concerted effort to refocus on core business through heightened acquisition and divestiture activity, particularly in the US. There remains somewhat of a disconnect between the culture and approach of the Nestle US organizations and the Corporate HQ in Switzerland that will forever be a challenge to overcome.
productive
prep weigher (Former Employee) –  Gaffney, SCJanuary 7, 2019
we were always busy. what ever line I was on I had to be fast and when someone didn't come in on third shift we had to stay until someone came and took our place.
management
Ice Cream Maker (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDJanuary 3, 2019
Its a nice environment to work and also the company has a good standard on work habits and accomplishments.
Learned to manage and maintain machinery for production
Great work place includes great team memebers to work with
Warehouse 2 (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJanuary 3, 2019
Overall I believe Nestle is a good company to work for.The employees are good people and are awesome to work with.I would highly recommend anyone to work for Nestle.
A great company to work for!
Account Order Coordinator - Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAJanuary 2, 2019
Strong culture with a good work life balance. Clear focus on positive results and open communication about the company's future expectations. Abundant growth and relocation opportunities.
Pros
Focus on continuous improvement
Pays the Bills
Operational Rotator (Current Employee) –  Springville, UTJanuary 1, 2019
Nestle is a great place to pay the bills. However, you will lack time with family because you will need to spend most of your time in the factory. Great Benefits.
Pros
Competetive pay/Great Benefits
Cons
Hard Work/Life Consuming
long hard work day
EPSU Tech/Ingredient Handler (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARDecember 31, 2018
manage don't care about employs they just care about making their boss happy. Forced to work no matter if the production line is dirty they don't care start it up and run. Manager will do something the wrong way or the un safe way all the want but, as soon as you are seen doing it your fired.
Pros
3:50 time to clock out and go home
Cons
everything
Me Too not at Nestle
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 28, 2018
I thought Nestle would be great, but it was not. It was an “Old Boys Club” with no room for women to go into sales. I also told them about harassment from Kroger/Meijer associates and they just shrugged it off. I just refused to go to those stores.
My manager was a dope and couldn’t manage a fly. Asking for a weekend off was like pulling teeth!
Pros
Name recognition
Cons
Bad pay, no management backing, chauvinist culture
Fun and challenging place to work
Sales Representative/Trainer/Account Management (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 19, 2018
Nestle gives you the opportunity to advance your career depending on how mobile you are within the United States. Nestle offers training classes to help advance your career
Pros
Interactive Sales meetings
Cons
Short breaks
Nestle in springville, utah
Gp (Former Employee) –  Springville, UTDecember 17, 2018
Dont work here, warning they dont respect nobody and the ones that been there years are evil they dont like seeing new people at all, a very highly stressful environment, disgusting superior attitudes.
Meh
Operator (Current Employee) –  Little Chute, WIDecember 16, 2018
They say they care about safety and quality but it’s really all about numbers. A lot of poor quality products made because it has to get out the door so fast. People burnt out from working a lot in school season and in summers they lay off and always rearrange schedule. Bad cycle of turnover. Training department eliminated- new people training newer people just throw into the job. Even at supervisor level.
Managers and supervisors say they care. Don’t trust anyone. Don’t complain, don’t make waves, don’t make suggestions, don’t report naughty people
Lot of nice benefits so hard to leave and work some other place. Coworkers are mostly friendly since we all in same boat.
Company store for employees is next door to factory and has lots of nestle products. Ranges from pet care, baby care, health care, food, drink coffee, clothing and more
Overall just beware. If you work hard, show up when told and like challenging and sometimes monotonous days, can be worth the benefits and pay.
Pros
401k match, insurance, ok pay, company store, free 🍕 and ☕️
Cons
Long hours, forced OT, favoritism, very high turnover rate - constantly training not retaining
Its a good company to work for and it can be very stressfull
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CADecember 15, 2018
Had 32 stores( Walmart, Targets, Kroger, Public, and Lowes Food).
A typical day was two to three stores a day, I go to the stores by 8 in the morning sign in and walk the store for display or places to put a display and out of stocks and as I'm walking around I look for the store manager to talk to him about his store and some items that I think will do good on display by the sales of the product, not just one item but several in different department. After I had my visit with the manager I go work the store filling up products, checking for out of stocks and filling up the holes for 2 to 4 hours. Then I'm off to the next store.
good
good
Productive and Safety Oriented
Ice Cream Maker 2 (Current Employee) –  Laurel, MDDecember 14, 2018
Nestle’s main focus is on satisfying the consumers . The next best thing is the employees. To nestle it is important to make safe quality ice cream. In other words, we need to make ice cream in a safe work place and to reassure that the products quality is in order.
Pros
Bonuses and incentive pay quarterly
Cons
Short breaks for 12 hour shifts
outsourcing
Business Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  USDecember 12, 2018
too many resources of the company was franchised and outsourced to third party companies , these companies were using the brand name without the same quality standards, the higher management know about it but never take any actions-- thus people loose trust in the management
Pros
Brand
Cons
poor management
treatment of employees
Ingredient Handler/Supply Cook (Current Employee) –  Solon, OHDecember 10, 2018
do not like the way they treat the employees, no consideration for family life. management has no regard towards employees, very high turnover rate,hiring of employees that have no regard for good work ethics.
Great place
Carton Loader (Former Employee) –  Mount Sterling, KYDecember 9, 2018
The people and managers are all amazing there. It’s a whole other family when you walk through the doors. People is always there to help you when you need it. And are very understanding of people’s situations. The pay is good as well.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Your family life doesn't exist
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  MDDecember 8, 2018
Nestle sets your schedule of what stores to do and when and if you're out for 12 hours they don't care, cause they just look out for themselves. They talk about Safety and that is garbage cause if they really cared, you wouldn't be driving 30 miles to a store. It should be based on the area you live in and have you work close to your home. When you have 10 stores to do and your in a hurry to get to your next store, you're putting yourself at risk for an accident.
Pros
Pay is above average and benefits are good
Cons
Management has no idea what goes on and they don't want to listen
Renaldo Montgomery
Forklift Operator/Picker (Current Employee) –  McDonough, GADecember 6, 2018
I just don't know what to say because everyone has problems and we hope everything get better there as a company bc right now there are showing poor leadership
Worst company I have EVER worked for in my life...
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Dulth, MNDecember 5, 2018
Think long and hard before you apply for a part time merchandiser with this company. Part time employees are treat t horribly. Poor communication from Manager. Drivers dump and run week after week. Difficult to complete job in 10 hour shifts.

Due to business needs my hours were cut from 20 a weekend to 3 hours. Management lied to me about my job being cut and acted all surprised when it happened.

I am convinced it was payback after an accident on the job in which my manager came with my to my Doctor appointment. I was NOT allowed to see a doctor until 4 days after my accident for a torn MCL and then to have to sit in an examination room with your manager was unacceptable. I considered it a HIPA violation.

Grocery stores had us put out thawed out pizza and didn't care. I reported it to Nestle and nothing was done.\

Keep on looking. This company places NO VALUE on part time emplyees.
Pros
Good mileage pay
Cons
No advancement. Not part of a team, Management lies all the time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nestle USA. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP15%
In the Top 15% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Nestle USA.

Powered by Comparably