NET Centers/NET Community Care Employee Reviews

great place for practicum
MSW Internship (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 13, 2019
I really added skills in this job, the team of colleagues were very professional and supportive. I learned and brought my experiences into this position
Pros
good agency
Cons
only a practicum
Avoid this company.
Intensive Out-patient Therapist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 11, 2019
Literally the worst job I've ever had. I've never experienced a company that appears to go out of it's way to make both employees and patients feel expendable and insignificant.
Great for College Grads
Co-Occurring Counselor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 26, 2019
- I ran about 3 groups a day for 2 1/2 hrs. each, individuals, and setup resources. My population was adults and adolescents.

- I learned how to balance a very high stressful work environment while still providing productive counseling services. I was able to advance my public speaking skills.

- Management was OK.

- Atmosphere was intense and stressful. Overload of work and less time to complete notes.

- Hardest part was keeping my clients focus for a 2 1/2 hrs during groups. Trying to manage the little time I had to complete my notes due to high caseload.

- I enjoyed the gift cards provided to the employees to show appreciation. Also, I enjoyed building a good report with my clients.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Over worked and underpaid
Ok work environment
LPN Medication Nurse (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 28, 2019
Working environment fairly easy,just no room for advancement,pay stayed the same after three years and director unwilling to increase pay even though he often increased my job responsibility
Great start
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 17, 2019
Nursing or counseling, this will start it off right. Working with patient hand on. And growing in communication is well develpoed at NET. I recommend a student to BHA here.
Just okay, I enjoyed Employees more than anything
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 11, 2019
No Job security here. Everyone gets fired for nonsense. Very disorganized place to work. Malpractice insurance is important to have because you have non-medical Staff dictating the practice of Medical.
Very Supportive Environment
CUA Case Manager Director (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 6, 2019
NET is an overall great organization. While I have had some negative experiences, they have been based on people, not the company mission in itself. If you work hard and show dedication, there is high opportunity to grow and also be supported through your growth experience. CUA scan be stressful, but that is with any child welfare position. Maintain children’s safety is key and if that is your passion, you would love the experience of working at NET. Nothing negative to say about the company as I appreciate all of my experiences over the last five years.
Pros
Strong opportunity for growth
Cons
Lack of dedicated workers
changing lives
Co-Occurring Counselor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 27, 2019
it is a great company if you like to help others and want to get experience in addiction services and/or child welfare. It is a hands on job so you have a chance to get hands-on experience.
Flexible
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 21, 2018
Net was a good starting place for me. I had just began my healthcare journey. I was just finishing my classes in school. They gave me a chance with minimal experience. I gained working knowledge in areas that I studied in my classes. The people were great to work with. It is a good place to work if you have children. They are very flexible and understanding.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Not many pay increases.
Its an okay place
CUA Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 13, 2018
Your day is based around parents and their children. So expect to do visits in the later afternoon/ evenings or on the weekends.Also its a lot of paperwork, so make sure you print everything that you receive via email. Especially change in protocols.
Cons
Great supervisors poor upper management
D/A counselor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 26, 2018
Good place to work if you are trying to obtain experience that is it. Upper management play favorites and will use you to complete a task then make work conditions to the point for you to resign since they cannot fire you for no reason.
Pros
Co workers/ supervisors
Cons
Upper management
Provided one-on -one services
YOUTH WORKER (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 20, 2018
I love working with children. Changing behaviors are the best part of the job. Staff is very supportive especially when ensuring children to receive all services to manage non-compliant behaviors.
Typical work day
Co-occurring Drug and Alcohol Counselor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 13, 2018
A typical work day for me at the NET would be to great everyone especially the clients.
Fine out who I need to see for the day.
The hardest part about my job is to see clients that have no desire to recover.
The most enjoyable part of the job is to see clients push forward towards their goal.
Pros
Family atmosphere
Cons
not enough time to do what needs to be done.
Good if you don't mind the slave state of mind
Supervisor/Trainer in various programs (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 6, 2018
management changes every year, New bosses are out to prove their existence. Rules change frequently. Families are punished. No flexibility, it's all about the numbers.
Very exhausting culture. Sucking every ounce of productivity and life from you.
Cons
management is contempuous of staff.
A lot of experience and growth
TSS Worker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 6, 2018
Worked in a school as a TSS who helped a child or children with ASD. Would implement the behavior intervention plan and support their needs. Built relationships with the children and taught social skills by relating to them and helping them feel comfortable.
Good place for those starting their career
Director (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 29, 2018
Overall good company to work for as someone beginning their career in human services. There are many opportunities to gain experience in various areas of human services across sectors, to transfer from one area of operations to another, and the culture supports promotion from within. Some promotions have been based on relationship rather than qualifications.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
no pay for over time
ita a job
CUA CASE AIDE (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 28, 2018
if you work it, it will work for you! no consideration for employees at the CUA, will sacrifice quality workers in order to meet DHS obligations. high stress job
Pros
flexibility
Cons
poor health coverage, no employee appreciation
Review
Behavioral Health Worker (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 23, 2018
I worked here for 12 years because I was able to really make an impact in children's lives. As the years progressed it became harder to do this due to the changing nature of the job.
Pros
You get paid on time
Cons
Made to cover staff at other schools...what a pain!
Fun place to work at
TSS worker (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 16, 2018
It’s a great company. Great staff. Great environment. They were the first company to give me an opportunity to work as an tss before graduating with my bachelors degree.
The work environment was very intense.
CUA Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 12, 2018
The position of social worker in the city of Philadelphia is a very stressful and thankless job. The work is very intense and unspoken expectations come from every facet of the job.
Pros
Can be an autonomous position
Cons
High demand. low reward.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NET Centers/NET Community Care. Our community is ready to answer.

NET Centers/NET Community Care Reviews by Location