Net Transcripts
Happiness rating is 76 out of 100

Net Transcripts Employee Reviews

United States59 reviews

audionettranscriptioninterestingincomequalityivetype

What is the best part of working at the company?Able to work independently with background supportWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?None. Workflow could be slow.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Company environement and culture are very supportive. What is a typical day like for you at the company?Able to set your own hours, set your own production goals on a daily basis.

Good flexibility -- but not enough pay for the time it takes to transcribe documents.

Hard to understand transcription that they expect you to hear -- even when it's more than one person talking at a time and there is lots of interference in the background. They expect you to be able to hear these transcriptions with no problem.

Net Transcripts insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Sense of belonging

Great Remote Work

Very interesting material. Audio is usually pretty good, but sometimes you get one that is hard to hear or hard to tell speakers apart. Pay is per minute and is average. Very flexible schedule.

Pros

Flexible schedule. Work as much as you want.

Cons

Sometimes audio is hard to hear.

Legit work from home job

Decent job to work from home if you're looking for supplemental income. There are peaks and slow times but easy to get started and working. The company has gone through changes, and they are continuously updating and improving their platform and processes.

Set My Own Schedule - Better Pay Than Other Companies IMO

So glad I found Net Transcript.I work from home and can set my own schedule. Work 10 hours a day, or take the day off - it's my choice.I don't think "pay is great" at any transcription company. I find Net Transcript pays more than all the other places I've worked. Could I support myself on what I make, no. This is a job that supplements your income.

Pros

Better Pay and Flexible Schedule

Cons

Difficult to Backtrack to Find E-Mails With Pertinent Information.

Great hours

Net Transcripts provides the flexibility necessary to work when you want and make however much you want. It’s a pretty solid company. I would recommend NT to everyone.

Not worth it

Not worth the time for pay. You start off transcribing, then are required to start editing on a system that is awful and takes 10 times as long to edit than to just retype the document. You end up being paid just pennies for 30 minute audio that took you hours to complete due to the endless corrections in editing the document. If they are slow (holidays) you're expected to just sit around and wait, but if they are busy they hound you to do more with endless emails every minute. Look elsewhere for transcription work.

Pros

Work from home is the only benefits.

Cons

Pay is the lowest I've seen for transcription.

Working too hard for no money

The Company's software is slow which costs you time and money. The Culture is okay. Mostly, about how your work can effect someone's life. I thought the work was interesting, but not worth it.

Pros

Autonomous, work from home, set your own hours

Cons

No money, bad audio, slow software

Flexibility is great, not a living wage

Very interesting work, but the more difficult audio sometimes seems to be not worth doing when you determine the pay rate after working for hours on end. Better compensation is necessary.

Pros

Work from home, flexibility, interesting work

Cons

Pay is not a living wage

Great work at home job. V

This job is great to work from home if you have the skills and ability to balance your time. As long as you have your jobs turned in by the alloted time you choose your own hours. Many jobs available.

Pros

Work from home

LOW PAY for a TON of work

I have a WPM of 70 and even I couldn't keep up with their turnaround times... They not only expect you to transcribe (that's your job) but they expect you to edit as well which can take three times as long... They should provide a program for their contractors to use as an auto template or something. Also, I had to buy my own transcription software, foot pedal, and headset. I also needed to get fingerprinted which took time and money.Don't waste your time.

Pros

Flexible schedule, remote work entirely

Cons

Low pay, turnaround times way too short for the amount of work necessary

Poor management

If corrections had to be made, they would not tell you. So it was hard to improve. They do not encourage you or give you support. They will just stop giving you work.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Poor management

Wor is good, flexibility is great, pay is very, very low.

It is very nice being your own boss and working from home. The flexibility is superb. The pay leaves a lot to be desired, but the work is pretty easy. It's a good job if you are looking to supplement your income, but you don't make enough to live off of.

Pros

Flexibility, Easy Work, Work from Home

Cons

Pay

It works if you work it!

The jobs are interesting. Pay rate is per minute of audio. Your transcription rate depends on how fast you can produce the transcript from the audio. You can make good money if there are enough of the higher rate jobs and if you are fast and make use of Word shortcuts and auto corrects or use a dictation software to finish more quickly. The help desk and support people are great and they are very responsive to requests for help with technical or audio quality problems.

Pros

Work when you want as long as you meet the deadlines

Cons

You have to work really hard to make a lot of money

Pay is on-time and dictators were good - everything else not so great

The only positives I have is the pay was on time and the doctors were very clear speakers and easy to understand. They quote a higher than average line rate for the industry, but then you have numerous steps to perform in order to actually transcribe and upload a file. There is no single queue for the work to pool in, you have to go into multiple folders and check for work. They don't want you working on one queue and clearing it first and then moving to the next, they want it done in order of dictation, but that means going in and out of numerous folders every few reports to check for the oldest jobs. My particular supervisor would basically chastise the entire group via e-mail when one or two made errors rather than singling out the error maker so they knew what they needed to change. Each client had different account specifics and rather than train you on one or two at a time so that you could get down their specifics they had you training on multiple dictators at the same time and working on all of them during the same day. Because of all of these things, the "high" line rate ends up being more around $10/hour than the $18-25 you envision with the original rate quote. They hire you for a specific shift, but then hire numerous other people before anyone is well-trained and productive, so that you end up running out of work numerous times throughout the day. It is IC work so there are no benefits. Finally, if you make it through all the hoops and learning the various account specifics for individual doctors, and finally get productive on the account, they cancel your -

Pros

Good dictators in medical, on-time pay.

Cons

Too many steps to type/upload, no training to speak of, bad supervisors.

No More Toxic Work Environment

Let me just start my review by saying that this job is certainly not for everyone, but if you do share some of my traits you may find that this contracting position is absolutely perfect for you and your situation. The job is 100% remote, which means that you work completely from home. I know that most of us are working from home right now because of COVID – but that will not last forever for most companies. I consider myself a self-starter and enjoy working completely independently without people etc. breathing down my neck and micro-managing me. As long as you can meet the deadlines on time, you will be able to succeed. I started working for Net Transcripts after I had my daughter, because I wanted to continue to earn money without putting her in day care and work around her schedule. It is also so nice not to have nosy co-workers as well – seriously my whole pregnancy was a nightmare because of their intrusive comments and advice. At Net Transcripts you just do your job without toxic work environments and if you have an appointment you just go – no song and dance to a supervisor needed. No Skype or Zoom calls for daily "check ins." I personally love it that I can balance my work life and family (finally!) Give it a try, you may really love it too.

Pros

Completely open scheduling, no more nosy office Karens ruining your day

Cons

Doesn't pay the big bucks

Flexible

It's great when there is plenty of work, but when it's slow it's hard to get enough work to call it steady. Other than that, it's a great company to work for. The hours are flexible and at will, it's completely remote and the managers are very responsive if you need them.

Pros

Work from home. Flexible hours.

Cons

1099, no opportunity for advancement, not always enough work to go around.

Just overall stressful

I'm going to start out by saying that I've been a transcriptionist over 13 years... never have I had to go through such an excruciating process to 1). get hired, 2)., scavenge for jobs, and 3)., no leeway when you've got absolutely terrible audio you cannot plausibly transcribe within a normal timeframe. For instance, you have to log into their site and literally fight for jobs. They only put out so many, so you better be logged in so you see what they have. Next, no matter what you pick, you have to have it in by the specified time even if you let them know about audio difficulties... and boy, if something goes wrong in your actual life? You better bet you're going to pay for it, it doesn't matter for what, they will charge you for it. So, say you have an audio that is 96 minutes long but the interviewers are stuttering and the interviewee is stuttering, and you have to do this entire audio pure verbatim including every uh, um, watamathamotherfucker (or whatever he/she said), you're literally spending hours on this file already... then your kid's school calls... and says you need to pick them up, they've got a temp of 101. That takes literally over an hour to do, then you've got to come back to stuttering detectives and interviewees... only to be late on your job because you're trying to get it right.Not only that... but YOU pay for your background check. YOU pay for your fingerprinting (and not their fault your local police department doesn't do it anymore! You have to drive 45 minutes away ((or however far the nearest service that does it!)) and PAY over $50 -

Pros

Interesting work

Cons

Terrible construct of a business, low pay, non-forgiving... read the review, it lists everything.

Low-stress, work-from-home job

Love the hands-off approach to work at Net Transcripts. You set your own schedule based on the projects you take on, which is great for a work-life balance. It's a great job for anyone who wants to work from home.

Pros

Best transcription compensation rate I've found (which isn't saying a ton)

Cons

No upward mobility, not an employee, no benefits

Not worth wasting your time.

You are expected to spend your money and your time to train and jump through numerous hoops, fingerprinting, background checks, etc, which can take up to four weeks. After that, you will never make more than minimum wage, and you will NEVER get a raise!! "Talent Acquisition" enjoys making you feel less than human regularly. You will spend countless hours scouring their website for work, only to scrape together a few jobs to do as this type of work is dying quickly. Sometimes, Accounting will "forget" to pay you for numerous accounting cycles even though the company is making a profit. In the end, you will make very little money, and they will have absolutely no appreciation for your time and effort whatsoever. Please do not waste your time on this company. They are not worth it.

Pros

Remote work

Cons

Bad management, no work, constant belittlement.

Professional and friendly

Deadlines to meet. Thorough style guidelines. Professional and friendly staff. Always work available. Outstanding communication. Laid-back atmosphere. Rewarding and interesting work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Net Transcripts. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits