NETA (New England Treatment Access, LLC) Employee Reviews

Smoke and Mirrors
Security (Former Employee) –  FranklinOctober 25, 2018
That's the best way to describe this place. They do not practice what they preach in orientation. I worked security which was falling apart in several ways. Manager rarely makes decisions. Some security reps act like they've been given stripes and try to tell others what to do. We only report to one person. Half the security staff is high at work. Only a few are helpful. Big lack of communication . I remember the day we had a fire drill and absolutely no one told me how things would go so I looked like an idiot. Many in security quit or transfer to others areas because of the nonsense and lack of hours available. 35 hrs for FT by the way. They hire temps to avoid paying overtime. I've seen a lot of workers get fired for stupid reasons, and others remain who should be let go. There's a manager who likes to watch everyone else work but lacks leadership and is never a team player. Anyone in transport and maintenance knows him. The environmental services team is underpaid for the work they do. The work extremely hard. I've assisted them many times. Be prepared to work in ANY role regardless of what you were hired for and it happens every day. No 401k or other retirement savings plan.
Pros
Free coffee, discount on products
Cons
No 401k, revolving door with staff
Demanding but rewarding in an ever evolving industry
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsSeptember 27, 2018
This job is not for the faint of heart! It can be demanding and emotionally draining but knowing that this medicine changes people's lives on a daily basis is what makes it worth it!

Since I have been here, there have been many changes to the company, the work flow and the industry and there have been bumps along the way. With any startup, these bumps are to be expected and it is the way the company responds that is really telling. NETA is dynamic in it's ability to respond to problems and really does try to do the right thing in any situation.
Pros
Cutting edge of a brand new industry
Fun, Challenging Opportunity
Administration (Current Employee) –  Franklin, MASeptember 25, 2018
Love working at NETA! It has been and continues to be a fun challenging opportunity to be part of an exciting emerging industry that will make such a difference in so many lives!

The performance standards are high and building a company from the ground up can be grueling and demanding work, but seeing the fruits of my labor as this company and industry take shape is exciting and rewarding.

Sure, things can be a bit chaotic at times, but that's to be expected when you are pioneering a new industry and in a start-up environment. The people I have met and work are bright, creative and dedicated. We are all committed to continuous learning and being the best we can be.
Pros
Smart, creative, compassionate people. Challenging, interesting work
Cons
No retirement savings plan
Do your Research
Dispensary Staff (Current Employee) –  Brookline, MASeptember 13, 2018
You will find a ton of false information on here about NETA. If you truly want to know about this organization and what it is like to work there you need to do more than read the few assorted reviews on here. A lot of people come into this industry thinking its their golden ticket and then are shocked when they aren't the CEO within a year. Talk to the people they serve, go and visit different dispensaries--I guarantee you will see the difference.

This is in the fast paces MJ industry. So if you are looking for something like a super smooth established company--this is not for you! That has nothing to do with NETA its the industry as a whole. Again, do your research. Do you believe everything you read online?

If you want excitement, if you love problem solving, never having a boring day NETA is for you! PS also some of the most amazing coworkers you could ever imagine all work there too!
Pros
Awesome people, awesome cause, opportunity to truly help others and take part of history!
Cons
If you want simple, easy, well established this is not that and that's a Con for some.
trim team
trim (Current Employee) –  Franklin, MASeptember 6, 2018
a lot of favoritism, advancement depends on whose good side you're on....non-compliance-related rules seem to change or bend on a whim regardless of the big picture, the optics, or the long-term effects they have on the workforce morale. could be amazing, but some of the management could use a bit more compassion on the whole.
Large separation between Management and employees
Patient Service Associate/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Brookline, MAAugust 5, 2018
The company has many great products that sell themselves. There is a strong mindset that we went above and beyond for the patients. Many got a full service and all their questions answered with time and care put into every patient.
There is a strong separation between mangers and patient service associates (psa's) The communication could have been better, and many times PSA's would be set up for failure.
The company has good products, and they train their staff to be great at customer service, so they will always have a strong patient/customer base.
Pros
Great fellow PSA's
Cons
lack of communication
Patient to Packager
Packager (Former Employee) –  Franklin, MAJuly 31, 2018
Working at Neta has changed over the past year as they've prepared for recreational marijuana. They have increased the pace of production while maintaining the same high level of product quality, which can be stressful at times. However, the team structure in the kitchen is well maintained by Neta's very talented head Chef, as well as the packaging Team Lead. The team atmosphere is a key part of this job that makes it enjoyable. Coworkers look out for one another because the goal is to produce the perfect product for the patient. Management prefers to promote from within the company, so if you apply yourself within the first few months it is likely that you can get a promotion.
Pros
Free food, Concert/Baseball game tickets, Free Coffee, Great vending machine
Cons
Not enough sick time
Truly Rewarding
Dispensary Staff (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsMay 22, 2018
NETA is a true innovator and leader in the cannabis industry. Executives have clear visions and listen to the advice, opinions, and ideas of employees in all positions. The environment is very competitive, as there are many employees with many skills. However, they truly invest in the staffs development and 99% of the time will hire from within when advanced positions become available. When they see that spark in someone, they will really take the time to invest in their future.

Benefits are excellent and pay is extremely competitive. NETA keeps it fun through a multitude of added benefits including company outings & events, keeping the food stocked in the break rooms, employee recognition programs, and periodic catered lunches.

Being that this industry is so new, and the company is growing so fast, consistent change can be rough on some, and is not for everybody. There are always learning curves and challenges that are faced, but with everything, NETA learns and grows as a company and as individuals. For those who are along for the ride it is one of the most rewarding and incredible experiences you could ever have.
Uncomfortable place to work if you have any human dignity or morals.
Harvest (Former Employee) –  Franklin, MAMay 10, 2018
If you care at all about patients or being treated respectfully as an employee, this place is not for you. Lies. All lies. They will do and say whatever they have to so you are distracted just enough from all the lies they tell. Snakes in the grass.
Horrible place to work
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Northampton, MAApril 30, 2018
They don't want adults working there. They offer snacks and incentives to make the "kids" happy, but when push comes to shove they do not treat any employees with respect. Unless you are a personal favorite of management, forget advancing or even switching positions
Pros
Free snacks, discounts
Cons
Too many to list
Great Place to Work & Grow
Harvest (Current Employee) –  Franklin, MAMarch 21, 2018
If you are a hard worker, have a good attitude and care about doing a good job you can learn, grow and move up in the company. Great coworkers, team leaders and supervisors. The leadership is often doing nice things for the staff- food, gift card rewards, free coffee, holiday parties, chair massages and more! I am always treated with respect and like a human being. My schedule is regular and I am often offered extra hours. Every day I look forward to going to work.
Pros
Coworkers, fun environment, free coffee, regular hours & great benefits!
Cons
I don’t have any complaints
Never Ethically Treating Anyone
Cultivator (Former Employee) –  Franklin, MAMarch 12, 2018
I have never been treated so poorly, and with such unprofessionalism in my entire working career. Not only are you constantly fed lies from day one, but your success here has absolutely nothing to do with your intelligence, knowledge, hard work or capabilities. They desire drones, people they can program daily, not free thinking, smart, intelligent people that actually know what they are talking about. Good from a far, far from good.
Pros
Honestly Nothing
Cons
Honestly Everything
A Big Disappointment
Patient Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Northampton, MAMarch 7, 2018
I erroneously believed what this corporation told me when I was hired, that it was open to worker suggestions and was focused on providing the best products to patients. But this was not the reality as workers who dared to question practices were targeted, with many terminated. A very hostile work environment where profit is the only concern.
Pros
You get paid big $ to volunteer
Cons
Hostile work environment, immature and unprofessional management
Don't bother applying if you live any significant distance from Franklin
none, i was never given the chance (Former Employee) –  would have been FranklinMarch 2, 2018
Must say this is the first time i have ever been shot down for a job due to the distance i live from the Cultivation Center. This company needs to stipulate this in their job requirements so people do not waste their time. Obviously if i had put an application in knowing the distance of the commute , i was "interested" And i even stated commuting was NOT a problem. People are willing to travel for a job that they may end up loving. I was not given that chance. Im sure i will have better success at another dispensary. But if you live far from the job, dont waste your time, they won't even consider you.
Pros
Cons
many
Tough work environment!
Patient Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Brookline, MAMarch 1, 2018
Upper Management is disconnected from their front line workers.
Baseless write ups to CYA.
Countless broken regulations.
It's too bad, it was a great place.
Was hostile to work there; had to leave for my own wellbeing.
You get so much more out of your employees when you treat them well.

Weird interview process. Ok pay - auto raise after 6 months. But not worth the increase in pay to be treated so poorly on a regular basis.

They need to remove the bottleneck at the top. That would help increase morale instantly - no respect for those who throw stones from their ivory towers.
Pros
Learned a lot
Cons
Long days, grueling workload, undervalued and appreciated.
Great co workers but management doesn’t recognize hard work or loyalty
Culitvation (Former Employee) –  Franklin, MAJanuary 24, 2018
Upper management only cares about lining their pockets with money. Neglect employees, initimidate employees, promotions based on whether or not you will act on behalf of upper management..I.e decrease morale, force people out the door. Wouldn’t recommend working here at this point, there are going to be more jobs available with Rec coming. Terrible treatment and discourage intelligent people from making any decisions. Follow blindly or lead yourself out the door
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Great company for hard workers
Patient Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Brookline, MAJanuary 14, 2018
I have been with the company for a year, like all large companies, we’ve had growing pains & by no means is this company perfect. However, in the year that I, a hard working, caring, compassionate employee with a positive attitude have worked at NETA, I’ve received a 25% increase in my pay & a promotion.

Is any company perfect? No. However, if you want to work in the cannabis industry, among some of the greatest people you’ve ever worked with, consider applying. Hard work & a positive attitude paid of for me.
Pros
A break room stocked w snacks, Heath benefits, amazing co-workers
Cons
Corporate vibe, high stress, highly compliant which can be nerve wracking if you are prone to making mistakes
Many pros and many cons
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  AnonymousDecember 23, 2017
Funnest place I've ever worked, the people there are incredible and become great friends to you, plus you get to work in the marijuana industry which is really cool; the cons are the factory level pay, untrustworthy and disconnected ownership, and some rough management (not to say there aren't some great managers), I love coming to NETA and a big reason for that is because the people.
No complaints here!
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Northampton, MADecember 6, 2017
I loved my time here! I looked forward to going to work everyday and couldn’t wait to come back when I left. Super cool facility, fun people to work with, and a really cool industry overall to work in. Would have stayed if I didn’t have to move for after graduation!
Not what they claim
Patient Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Northampton, MADecember 5, 2017
This corporation claims to be caring but they are far from it. Sure they can offer employees shiny baubles like tickets, but they treat employees unfairly.
Pros
Some co-workers are good
Cons
Terrible upper management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NETA (New England Treatment Access, LLC). Our community is ready to answer.

2.8