NetApp Employee Reviews

Nice campus environment, onsite food services
Commercial Solution Engineer (Current Employee) –  UtahJanuary 22, 2019
NetApp has a very wide portfolio of Data Management and hardware offerings that can be a bit daunting to learn and become proficient with for someone just starting out.
Work life balance
Business Systems Analyst - HR, ServiceNow (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJanuary 15, 2019
This firm provided me with a work life balance but still it needs to improve a lot of things. It might have to look into type of redundant work it is doing. not a great management.
Overall Excellent
Director (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJanuary 15, 2019
Outstanding benefits
Great people
Good work life balance
Challenging and rewarding
Flexibility and ability to move across organizations to develop career
Fun place to work
Senior Support Escalations Engineer (Former Employee) –  Heathrow, FLJanuary 8, 2019
Great training and learning experience. Great product to support. The people working around me are great and collaboration is promoted.

The benefits are good.
Pros
Great place to work Beer fridays
Cons
Too much politics, not enough doing
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJanuary 7, 2019
There is constant comparison with other companies in the industry and why we are better or deserve better than other companies. Is a bother and goes nowhere. Is ok to compare but not all the time.
The salaries are good and the benefits too.
The experience in the company dramatically changes from group to group.
good
Sharepoint Online Developer/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJanuary 7, 2019
good company to work with staff ,friendly environment ,time management.Good team management,new employees can learn many new topics while working here.
Productive and inspiring workplace. Empowers a person to think and work outside the box.
Customer Escalation Manager (Current Employee) –  NYC, NYDecember 21, 2018
Great place to work. Empowering and promotes self gratification. The hardest part of the job is working with people who panic and need assistance getting their equipment fixed. It's hard not to empathize with them. It's rewarding when we can get a customer up and running with little downtime. The culture allows the employee to Think outside the box and form many avenues to provide the customer with a great support experience.
Nice gym.
ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CADecember 19, 2018
I really enjoyed working at NetApp because of its culture and people.
NetApp's health insurance and benefit is one of the best company in the bay. Besides my daily job, I also enjoyed going to the gym very much.
Pros
Fruits on Tuesday and pastries on Friday
Cons
No more products' or company's celebration
Great work life balance
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CADecember 18, 2018
Good flexibility with working hours. Training courses available are great and opportunity to learn and grow. Internship program is great for new up and coming individuals starting their career
N/a
Management (Current Employee) –  TexasNovember 27, 2018
No job loyalty.... they do have good benefits and good co-workers, but they have no idea of how to do support and maintain good engineers. especially when they show no compassion to the customer. They make the customer feel like cattle stamp them and move on.
Pros
Good salary and bonus
Cons
Twice a year layoffs, no job security
Sorry to leave
Field Escalation Manager (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNNovember 26, 2018
Honestly, working at NetApp was the best job I ever had. Although I disagree with the decision to cut the Field Escalation Manager role, it was a great place to work with a very supportive culture. Given the right opportunity, I would go back to work for them in a heart beat.
Pros
positive and supportive
Short sightedness
Field Escalation Manager (Former Employee) –  USNovember 16, 2018
NetApp is doing its best to please wallstreet instead of focusing on customers. I was part of yet another RIF which eliminated an entire role from the ranks. The FEM role was the only support role outside the support center that account teams could directly engage on a daily basis. The elimination of this role and moving the function to another group is very short sited.
Pros
Good pay, benefits, stock options
Cons
Advancement opportunities, leadership within the company, product quality
Great place work
SOFTWARE ENGINEER III (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCNovember 16, 2018
I enjoy and love working at NetApp. Work on cutting-edge technology and fast-paced environment. So many fun activities at times. Great people to work with and cooperative environment.
Workplace culture
Americas Workplace Operations Sr. Manager (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CANovember 13, 2018
Consistently awarded Great Places To . Company culture was lead by example. Collaborative work environment that fostered cross team functionality. Very little ambiguity
Old line company struggles
Senior Product Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CANovember 5, 2018
NetApp was a high flyer and innovator back in the day. Now, it's just trying to get purchased, with old-line employees trying to resist changes. Tiny cubes with almost enough room to turn around in.
Pros
Big solid company
Cons
Glory days are long gone
NetApp, depends on the group; overall great company
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CANovember 4, 2018
Depending on which group you are in, NetApp can be a great or so-so company to work for. The people are dedicated an nice. I found that our group lacked leadership, and the department underwent to many layoffs. However, I'm not there now, and I hear things are better.
Great experience
Finance and Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  États-UnisNovember 3, 2018
I have worked at 5 massive global companies. This one was the best. Smart teams, great teamwork, just difficult market.
Management allowed me to do my job without constricting me.
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAOctober 29, 2018
I enjoyed working at 10+ years at NetApp and appreciate that management allowed me to perform my job function without undue oversight. Great place to work - not so much the last few years.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Less fun to work there than is used to be
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 23, 2018
NetApp is a good place to work. Being on the top list of best places to work in days past, it struggles to keep that status, but tries. NetApp continues to add new products and services to be relevant in their dynamic storage/software marketplace.
Pros
product is very good, stable
Cons
much competition, newer cleaner simple interfaces that compete.
Technical Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 22, 2018
NetApp is a great place to work. The people I've worked with are great on and off the job. Executive leadership is in tune with industry trends and is not afraid to make the tough decisions. The technology is industry leading.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NetApp. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP35%
In the Top 35% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at NetApp.

Powered by Comparably