NetApp Employee Reviews

good company, good people
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT GLOBAL SYSTEMS INTEGRATORS (Former Employee) –  RTP NCJuly 17, 2018
Great boss, let me run with it but held me accountable. Underwent RIFs while I was there. Lots of good people let go. In office benefits - cafeteria, gym
Pros
culture
Cons
shudtowns come out of your vacation time
Great Place to Work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJuly 16, 2018
Having worked at a few of the big companies in the valley, I can easily say this is the best company I've worked for. The culture here is fantastic. The new management team has really turned the company around. Everyone pitches in to get stuff done. The sense of camaraderie is phenomenal. I love the work I'm doing and even more, I love the people I work with. And the company believes in giving back to our communities, which is embraced by employees with our one week of paid volunteer time off.
Pros
Teamwork, collaboration, paid volunteer time off
Best place to work
Software Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCJuly 16, 2018
The netApp culture is the best in industry.
Tools and mentoring relationships are extraordinary to make anyone succeed in their job functions.
I throughly enjoyed working here.
A great place to work.
Much work and much to learn
Engineering Support Lab Specialist (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 15, 2018
Work culture is too relaxed which gives less motivated workers room to slack off leaving others to carry dead weight.

The hardest part of the job is not having sufficient training to be efficient. Tons of links are provided and employees are often left to "sink or swim". Too much time is lost trying to figure things out on your own or slowing down others by trying to get the help that is needed to complete tasks.

Too many activities not related to work often take away from productivity with most of the activities happening on day shift which leaves night shift carrying the bulk of the workload.

Pay is not good if you are not a full time employee.
Pros
Exposure to all kinds of devices and plenty to learn
Cons
Insufficient to no training leaving employees often struggling
Its for people who wants to live in a COZY shell
BSA (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJuly 11, 2018
Worst work Culture.

management trying to protect their jobs instead working on the advancement of the company and Team.

Worst politics ever, worst experience ever.
Productive workplace
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJune 26, 2018
Typical day depends on the project.Program manager works on project deliverables ,providing status and stakeholder management.
PTO for volunteering is a good benefit
Great innovative, people culture
Sr. Solutions Engineer (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 25, 2018
NetApp is a great Company to work for. Leadership is awesome, but like most technology companies today are trying to figure out how to transform their business so they continue to remain relevant in today's market place.
Pros
Excellentn leadership
Cons
business transformation as the try to remain relevant
I love working at NetApp
Technical Partner Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORJune 24, 2018
NetApp has The Best culture hands down. There is always someone to help when there are questions. The products that NetApp offer are the best in the industry and a pleasure to sell!!!
Best environment ever work at.
TSE Specialist Encryption (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCJune 22, 2018
Customer Service for NetApp products dealing with customers issues learned about all storage technologies and concepts work with various products from Load balancers, storage, routers, switches and encryption. Nothing hard about this job and the most enjoyable part of the job is that you worked with everybody from
the VP to Sales to QA , Engineering , developers to the NetApp's customers. When it comes to cultural its very diversified and promotes within . I great rewarding company and place to work for.
Pros
You deal with every technology and they have a NetApp University school that will train you
Cons
No Cons at all
Typical large company
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJune 19, 2018
Not a lot of communication between the management and employees. Constant restructuring creates an atmosphere of fear and tension. It seems that the stock price is more important than the employees.
Various contracts for two years
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJune 18, 2018
Worked in a great small project management team.
Manager and team mates were helpful, cooperative, and productive.
Manager was very good, she gave good guidance and was always positive!
Pros
Excellent cafeteria and work environment.
Working for NetApp
Content Writer/Contributor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAJune 13, 2018
I really enjoyed working at NetApp and it was great to be able to work from home, thus eliminating morning and/or afternoon drive-time traffic. I would be happy with NetApp again.
Pros
Worked from home
A typical day at work
Sr Mechanical Engineer(PQE/SQE/NPI) (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJune 12, 2018
Have flexible work hours policy
Have a set up for employee can work from home
Promote team work and collaboration culture
Have restrict stocks and bonus for good employee.
NetApp is a great company to work for. I did enjoy my work at NetApp but not satisfy much about my function
Pros
Gym on site, cafeteria with multi culture foods on site; beer bus every quarter
Cons
Travel to China per job’s request due to the philosophy of CM and ODM
Excellent
Web Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 7, 2018
Learned lot of new skills and took lot of challenges. Was satisfied with the work I was doing. Looking for a more exposure and to develop my skills . Thanks
Systems Administrator I (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 28, 2018
Netapp has been consistently voted as one of the best places to work in surveys around the world. Netapp provides it's employees with great amenities, such as gyms, delicious cafe's, and a great work life balance.
Pros
Great place to learn
Cons
Job/career growth is very hard
Time at NetApp
Enterprise Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Collegeville, PAMay 18, 2018
I did not really enjoy my time at NetApp. I liked that sales team that I worked with and learned a lot from them but was not overly happy with the rest of the organization.
Pros
Sales team was great to work with
Cons
Management team
Work review
Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLMay 18, 2018
Work life balance was not there. This was a good place to learn some additional skills however there was little to know development in advancing the employees. The work life balance was not there.
Productive work place
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMay 10, 2018
scheduled to come in early meeting with global team. Monday to Friday role with chances to work from home on Fridays. Focused on creating a oncampus life.
Team oriented environment
Storage Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLMay 10, 2018
This is a fast paced, high stressed, details demanding work. Enterprise customer service skills are premium here. The availability of higher level collaboration is very good. Much of this training is on the job since the product is proprietary. You need to be able to assimilate knowledge quickly and retain.
Pros
Advanced opportunity is excellant
Cons
Extensive number of processes and changes to maintain
This company is the best.
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCMay 3, 2018
I worked at the Raleigh site. Bagels, professional coffee machines and Beer Friday.

The management does not direct from top down and problems can be resolved very quickly with out a bunch of meetings. I have not seen this level of employee ennoblement since the 90's.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NetApp. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss