NetApp Employee Reviews

Not too bad
Technical Staff (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCOctober 10, 2018
Worked at NetApp for 7 years until laid off. Concern about focus on profitability over having people skills. At the time they laid me off, they were concentrating efforts in India and employment in the US was suffering.
Netapp
IT SOX Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CASeptember 28, 2018
Great culture and management. Plenty of opportunity for growth and increase your education. They allow you to work from home and compensate you well. Great work life balance.
Contractor at NetApp
ILT Production Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CASeptember 21, 2018
I was a contractor at NetApp so I can not speak to the pay range, raises, bonuses, or benefits. The workplace culture, in the organization I was in, changed from when I started, due to a reorganization. When I started it was much more helpful, friendly and relaxed. After the reorganization and new management for me, I was glad my contract came to an end.
Pros
Somewhat flexible work schedule
Cons
Lots of turnover of employees and contractors
A company driven by its purpose
Senior Director (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CASeptember 20, 2018
A well organized, well managed corporation that demands the best of its staff.

Staff are highly motivated and eager to succeed.

The data management segment is evolving quickly, NetApp is striving for its place.
Pros
Making a difference
Cons
Not the best benefits package
Nice place to work at.
Manager Test Engineering (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORSeptember 14, 2018
Work was busy and challenging. NetApp's acquired LSI Storage which created multiple development and manufacturing locations. After NetApp's transferred LSI knowledge/technology majority of remote sites were closed down.
Some of the best people around!
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXSeptember 13, 2018
I can’t say enough good things about the people here. Everything about this company was great, minus the benefits as we are only considered contractors. Other than that, I really enjoyed my job. It can be stressful, yes. But the people and the environment made it all worth it. Everyone is welcoming. I consider the people here to be more like family than coworkers.
Pros
Good pay, great people, great company, communication
Cons
Contractors don’t receive all the great benefits
Morale were not high
Senior Member of Technical Staff (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CASeptember 10, 2018
Lots of changes on management level
Very confusing on future plans
Lots of good projects were cancelled
Company benefits were OK
The company had recently improved in many aspects to gain technical marketing.
Company is turning the corner
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CASeptember 10, 2018
good to work for - highly dependent on which group you land in. Company culture is a bit dyslexic right now but this is to be expected given the number of layoffs and leadership changes that have taken place at NetApp over the last 4 years. Company tends to focus on shorter term planning which opens it up for getting caught off guard and having to scramble when key market shifts and opportunities are overlooked.
Productive and Friendly colleagues
Professional Services Engineer (Former Employee) –  LagosSeptember 2, 2018
NetApp's work environment was conducive and friendly. I had the opportunity to attend training to enhance my career and to work on diverse projects for both small, medium and large customers.
Pros
Great work place
Cons
No educational support
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAAugust 28, 2018
Management from top was incredible to work WITH not for. The concept of MyTeam and I matter was always brought out ... profits follow happy customers and NetApp created many happy customers
Used to Be Great
Sr Manager (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAAugust 26, 2018
NetApp used to consistently be named one of the best places to work; however, their culture is no longer what it once was....especially in marketing. It's political and competitive. It used to feel like employees were all working toward the same goal, but the culture has changed to where people are working to get ahead while keeping others down. It's a sad decline at what was once a great place to work.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Cmo
Enjoyed the people and environment
Inventory and E&O Manager (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 11, 2018
There are expectations to get work done but they gave realistic goals.
there are beer bashes and celebrations on new customers and products.
Pros
fruit and bagel days, beer bash, paid VTO
Cons
Job security
Great Culture, people are very supportive of one another, tons of resources
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 9, 2018
Great people, great product. CRM needs to be better. Good mix of sales vs technical folks. Culture is fantastic. Your left to work on your own business.
Cons
Direction changes and not sure how we're getting paid more than a quarter in.
Better years as an employee in the past
Sr. Manager, Continuous Improvement (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAAugust 5, 2018
When NetApp's stock floundered, and they fell off the Forbes "Best Places to Work" list, they seemed to lose interest in employee happiness, and instead focused on stock owners. They started to value money over employee satisfaction, and the switching of management over and over for a bit didn't help.

Good managers are hard to find in any company, and I had more bad managers than good, eager to climb the ladder, sometimes on the backs of their employees. Decisions were often changed when the focus of the company changed courses, and because of that, good work went by the wayside with the next leader.

I did learn some good skills with some leaders, and while not my own boss, they were quite helpful in mentorship. I also worked with a great group of people, most of whom have since moved on.
Pros
healthcare, Incentive yearly bonuses, 401K matching
Cons
hard work often ignored, rewards for good work rare
Great people
Senior Director (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAAugust 2, 2018
NetApp's mission got lost along the way, but it seems like they have successfully course corrected. Great place to work and great people to work with.
Was a Great Company to work for
Technical Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 2, 2018
Netapp was a great company to work for, but after several transitions and reductions, job security is down and opportunities for advancement are slim, as any jobs are eliminated or get eliminated when someone vacates it. Gone is the slogan Great Place to Work and we no longer have Great Place to Work days. In America, we no longer participate in the Great Place to Work Survey and they have stopped employee surveys that measure employee satisfaction
ENTERPRISE ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 2, 2018
Excellent culture. Great technology and a solid cloud strategy that is really starting to pay off. NetApp continues to out-innovate its competition.
Chaotic and short Staffed
Technical Support Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COJuly 31, 2018
Poor leadership and lack of direction. Culture changed from great place to work to profit above all. Decisions are made without thinking of the long term consequences. Yearly layoffs.
Pros
Free Alcohol
Cons
Poor Leadership, lack of resources
Productive and fun place to work with great work/life balance
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 30, 2018
The culture at NetApp is great and the people working there truly make it a great place to work. The company provides several perks for their employees including: afternoon snacks on Mondays, Fruit on Wednesday mornings, bagel on Fridays, onsite gym, basketball court, putting green, ping pong tables etc.
Pros
People and culture
Cons
layoffs
NetApp Review
Systems Engineer & Enterprise & Cloud (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJuly 26, 2018
I love NetApp. My management was always available and willing to work with any questions or concerns I had. I had flexibility in my schedule. NetApp always provided training for the upcoming tech to be released. Great company to work for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NetApp. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

70out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at NetApp.